Prelude to Graduation

Forced

a/n: if you are a subscriber to my other stories you might hear this lame explanation again. Sorry I wasn’t able to update last week bec. I was busy at work and I had to attend seminars which left me dead tired to actually write an update.

With that being said, I am now going to give you guys a dose of angst so ready your torches and pitchforks because the evil author will write her angst

----

Myungsoo sighed as he looked at the invite in his hands. It was for his graduation on March 13, the same day as his birthday. Oh how wickedly twisted fate must be since the best and worst things in his life will commence on the same day. He shoved the crisp envelope that bore his school’s logo inside his drawer and turned off the lights, he’ll worry about it on the eve of the problem.

He tried to keep his distance from the sunbae who was now recovering from the nasty wounds on his feet. He still cooked for him, telling himself that it’s the least he could do to thank the generosity of the older. He did not, however, push any conversation that involved the impending graduation and not to mention his last day with him.

It kind of felt like doomsday that it actually worried Myungsoo for his well being; but he was sure that whatever decision he makes would give them both hard times.

And so he decided to face his problems the best way he could think of: running away from them.

Myungsoo sighed as he took his position along with the many Kim’s in his class. He wore his best uniform, polished his shoes and wore his trademark grin. He wasn’t sure why he was anxious but truth be told, he never wanted this day to come.

“Hey Myungsoo!” Sungyeol greeted him and he flashed his practice smile to him. “Where’s hyung?” He asked and Myungsoo chose his words carefully.

‘He’s running a bit late, he has to finish some works at the office.” Myungsoo lied but Sungyeol believed him nonetheless.

They were then asked to cue in line as they proceeded with the processional; the seniors entered the auditorium and sat on the reserved seats for them. He glanced around and saw the room filled with beaming parents and it made his heart painfully swell, how he wanted to find his sunbae’s face amidst the crowd, smiling and clapping for him. Yet he chose not to inform him, and so he marched to his seat with a heavy heart, it’s the least he could do.

----

Sunggyu was indeed busy at work, meetings with investors, finalization of quarterly reports, and most importantly, he was busy being a prima donna because his foot was injured (which by the way was compeletely healed already but he just doesn’t want to reveal it).

“Sunggyu, we are going off to lunch.” Jinki invited him, jonghyun next to him.

‘oh, Hyung, why aren’t you at Myungsoo’s graduation?” Jonghyun asked and that perked the elder’s ears.

‘Graduation?” He asked, unsure why it was being brought up.

‘Yeah, it’s today. He’s also celebrating his birthday today.” Jonghyun explained and Sunggyu laughed at him.

“Well, I wanted to surprise him by being fashionably late. Make him sentimental you know.” Sunggyu said and shooed the two away saying that he has to pick up the cake for his nekko.

The two smiled at him then made their way out of the room and towards the elevator. Once the two were out of view, Sunggyu rigged up Christine and asked her a million questions all at once. The secretary was seriously dizzy at the questions being thrown at her so she raised both hands in surrender to stop the hamster boss from talking.

“I get it okay, flowers? A bouquet of white roses? Yes I could arrange for that. the story round the next block has stock and I could phone in now and it will be ready in 10 minutes.” She said and Sunggyu smiled at her.

‘The cake? There is this one store near Myungsoo’s school” She smiled as she saw Sunggyu relax and puffed his cheeks in relief.

“What will I do without you Christine?” Sunggyu stated and the secretary laughed at him.

“You will have to marry Myungsoo because I am going to marry Henry.” She replied and dashed out of the room to phone in the order.

“Now I am off to get him a graduation gift.” He thought as he ran his finger on his lower lip. He excitedly took his bag and went out of the office in a very happy mood.

He found himself inside a posh mall and looking for a perfect gift for the birthday boy, something that would make the younger’s eyes light up and embrace him tightly.

He passed by a rack and his eyes was glued on the black shirts that screamed Myungsoo. Taking up two shirts, he inspected each and asked the saleslady to rig them up, putting it in a posh black paper bag with silver ribbon. He then passed by the camera store and his eyes were stuck at the one at the middle, the very sleek black DSLR that would be the envy of any photographer. He gravitated towards the piece of equipment and without thinking twice, he asked the sales person to wrap it up in pretty ribbons.

He was indeed happy with his gifts when he passed by a jewelry shop and his eyes caught something so majestic, it reminded him of Myungsoo’s dark eyes.

“I want that.” He pointed at the piece of the black kinetic watch and then smiled as he pointed to the white one next to it. “and that” HE said happily and the girl bowed and have it wrapped up in seconds.

Feeling very light, he walked out of the mall and drove to the flower shop to pick up the bouquet. The kind lady greeted him and he excitedly asked for his order. She smiled and handed him the large bouquet of purewhiteroses in full bloom. The bunch was wrapped in black velvet with a silver ribbon. Christine had ordered the perfect bouquet for the occasion.

“This is the first time I have encountered such an order, it is very pretty if I may say, the pureness of the white balancing the starkness of the black makes it a perfect harmony of two very different chroma.” She said and Sunggyu smiled brightly.

“I guess we are like this, yin and yang.” He chuckled at his lameness and the girl chuckled along.

“Then you two are perfect for each other then. Good Luck.” She uttered and Sunggyu bowed before leaving.

He stopped by a cake shop for Myungsoo’s birthday and graduation cake next and he had picked out a chocolate mousse, his personal favorite but he knew Myungsoo would like it too.

And s he drove towards Myungsoo’s school, he can’t stop the beating of his heart and the smile on his face, oh how he had forgotten the feeling already, but then again, it all came back to him with such intensity. He hummed a certain melody, a song that Myungsoo loved to hear, and boy was he really falling (or should I say had fallen) for the black cat that is Kim Myungsoo.

And as he reached the curb towards Myungsoo’s school gates, Sunggyu has finally decided on proposing to Myungsoo tonight, skip the boyfriend part, he’ll marry him right away.

-----

a/n: hahahahah I am too evil.. this became crack-ish and fluff.. so actual graduation will be next and yes.. I am writing the angst already. No more restrictions.