A New Year's Promise

Forced

a/n: Hey there! Well i have a give away and there are like 2 more slots left..

 

and yes.. i left you guys hanging with the last update right? But then more hanging in this chapter!

 

 

-----

 

It was New Year's Eve and Myungsoo breathed in Seoul's cold air. He was doing grocery with Sunggyu after the Christmas vacation in the Philippines. He had a memorable time and most often than not, he enjoyed the little quirks of his sunbae.

 

What shall we eat later huh?” Sunggyu asked and Myungsoo grinned widely as he pushed the cart towards a certain aisle and grabbed a few itmes beofre pushing it further to the meat section.

 

Sunggyu watched in amazement as Myungsoo did the shopping on his own. He had been trying to control everything that he was feeling but this kitten had been gnawing on his tolerance to the point that he was willing to take a chance on him. After paying for all the stuff that they bought, they had stopped by a cafe to grab some hot chocolate to warm up their numbing fingers.

 

The snow was really something when it fell and Sunggyu was hissing as they made their way towards their car. Myungsoo took a deep breath and a lot of courage to approach Sunggyu and intertwine their fingers. Sunggyu jumped at the sudden warmth on his hand but then smiled and held the younger tighter.

 

It was a comforting warmth that he could get used to and could live with.

 

The two prepared dinner together, it was mostly Myungsoo cooking while Sunggyu watched him, content with the way Myungsoo smile as he sliced vegetables or hiss when the onion made him cry. Sunggyu found him really adorable like a kitten that he just can't help himself to smile.

 

When Myungsoo was unto making the japche, Sunggyu had decided to play a song on his piano. It was a soft melody and Myungsoo found himself smiling as he stirred the vegetables in the pan.

 

The melody had a calming effect on both of them and that was something they had in common. Midway through the second song, Sunggyu's phone rang and he answered it on the fifth ring.

 

Hello?” Sunggyu spoke and Woohyun spoke from the other line.

 

Hey Gyu, what are you doing later?” HE asked and a smile appeared on Sunggyu's face as he watched the younger finish up whatever he was cooking.

 

I'll be having dinner with Myungsoo.” came the reply.

 

Sunggyu, are you getting attached to him? You do know that he'll leave in 3 months time. Don't get yoourself hurt.” Woohyun uttered and Sunggyu sighed.

 

I know Woohyun but this is something I needed to do on my own. I want to take this chance.” He replied and Woohyun said his new year's wishes before hanging up.

 

Sunggyu took in a deep breath and looked out on the white world outside, a rather cold world like that of his white apartment. His eyes then fell to black guitar perched by the side of the wall and a smile crept on his face. He knew Myungsoo was like the black guitar, a small piece of instrument that had made a big impact to his barren world.

 

He looked at his apartment and saw the pieces of black that he knew was Myungsoo's stuff: From the black camera laid on the table, the black satchel, black phone, black sweater, black. The presence alone had warmed his heart, and had made him do things he could never thought he could do again.

 

Maybe it was time to take a small step forward.

 

Woohyun had his fist clenched as he watched the snow fall from his apartment window, This was the first time Sunggyu rejected him, he had spent every new year with him ever since the break up years prior. He had kept Sunggyu sane by helping him get over the heart ache but now he was being thrown into the waste bin because Myungsoo had appeared in their lives.

 

Woohyun was bitter about it, very bitter.

 

I'm gonna make sure you are going down Kim Myungsoo. Don't ever challenge me, I am Nam Woohyun and I can do things you could only think of! I already did it once I can do it again.” Woohyun uttered as he tore his gaze away and walked towards his bathroom to take a long calming bath.

 

He had vested interest in the very least but no one really knew what it was until it was shoved right on their faces.

 

You're mine Kim Sunggyu, mine.” Woohyun uttered as he let himself get soaked with warm water.

 

---

 

Sunbae, i'll just take a quick shower!” Myungsoo called out as he finished the dinner and then rushed towards his room to take a warm shower. He was tired from all the cooking but it was all worth it when Sunggyu had praised him and patted his head like kitten; if he was one he could have purred into those soft hands.

 

He had taken his usual black clothes and went out with slightly dripping hair. Sunggyu met him as he was about to leave his own room, dressed in all white like he had accustomed to do on New Years. They had locked eyes and for a moment, it was like the time stopped for them and all they could see was each other. Sunggyu nervously gulped as he turned away then grabbed a towel from his drawer.

 

He pulled the younger towards the sofa and made him sit on the floor as he sat on the couch. He dried the younger's hair, slightly scolding him for being careless and that he could catch a cold. Myungsoo apologized but a smile was creeping on his lips as his cheeks burned a soft shade of pink.

 

They then walked towards the dinner table and Sunggyu was more than happy to eat everything laid out for him. He was this, food has been a comfort to him. The food was delicious and it made him really happy. Myungsoo chuckled at how cute his sunbae was.

 

Nekko!” Sunggyu called out and Myungsoo looked at his sunbae, eyes locking with each other.

 

Neh sunbae.” He answered.

 

Can you make this on my birthday?” Sunggyu asked, pointing to the feast in front of him.

 

Myungsoo looked at him with a playful smile and nodded. Sunggyu then extended a pinky in front of Myungsoo and the younger was surprised but intetwined his pinky. “I promise sunbae.” Myungsoo uttered as the fire works shoot off to paint Seoul's skyline in wonderful colors.

 

Myungsoo's eyes lit up as the colors filled the sky. Sunggyu smiled as he watched the younger so genuinely happy with the simple thing such as fireworks. With their pinky still intertwined, he pulled the younger towards him and they met in a chaste kiss.

 

Myungsoo's eyes widened but slowly closed his eyes as he melted into the kiss and responded willingly. The world seemed to stop and they only knew one thing, they both felt complete.

 

----

 

a/n: Well love me? hate me? Wahahha mixed emotions for this chapter?