Ebony and Ivory

Forced

a/n: I wasn’t really expecting much from this clichéd story line but 20 subbies… Wow thank you so much.

I’ll just remind everyone that I’ll be inserting a lot of angst in this series but I’ll include a few fluff here and there.

Also I told on my story feed that I did my research, and I really did to make it more realistic (to save me from the crappy plot I thought of before hand). Hopefully, I’ll write that part well enough to be convincing~^^

Now on with the story….



---

Myungsoo sighed before plastering a huge smile for the girls in front of the school gate.

“Myungsoo oppa!” one said as she handed him a paper bag. “It’s a gift for ranking high in your exam.” She said and Myungsoo reluctantly took it.

“You shouldn’t have. A simple congratulations is enough.” He replied with a thoughtful smile. He doesn’t like receiving gifts from them (not because he doesn’t like them but because he thinks of the money used to buy these gifts and he thinks it can buy better stuff for them to use).

“You deserve it oppa.” She said and they bowed then leaved.

“Thank you.” HE said and gave them a nod.

He walked towards the building and took a deep breath, he’s still in murky waters. He pressed the pass code on the door and entered the apartment cautiously. He heard commotions in the kitchen and thought that the old lady must be cooking dinner. He placed his bag on the floor next to the table by the door and walked cautiously towards the kitchen.

He met the eyes of the ahjumma who smiled at the precious boy. “Myungsoo am I right?” She asked and the boy nodded. “I’m Sumi. I clean the house and cook for Sunggyu. I believe you’ll stay here for a while?” Sumi asked, her words gentle and sweet.

“Yes maám” Myungsoo replied and Sumi approached him and pinched his cheek.

“Adorable like Sunggyu, Please call me Sumi dear.” She said and Myungsoo gave her a small smile.

“Can I help you cook dinner?”Myungsoo asked and Sumi nodded with a smile.

He quickly took his bag and went to his room to change; black sweats and black shirt.

“Oh, you like black?”Sumi asked as he reappeared in the kitchen and Myungsoo nodded.

“Anything wrong with it?” Myungsoo asked and Sumi gave him a small smile.

“Sunggyu likes white, it’s peaceful for him. But I think you two can be ebony and ivory.”Sumi stated as she handed Myungsoo the ladle for him to stir the pot.

“Ebony and Ivory?” Myungsoo inquired and Sumi gave him a knowing smile.

“It’s a song; a beautiful metaphor for a simple but majestic thing.” Sumi said and it didn’t sound like an explanation for Myungsoo; it’s more of a riddle as a matter of fact.

After the food has been cooked and Sumi cleaned up after her work, she bid Myungsoo goodbye and left the apartment. Myungsoo waved at her then decided to do some homework. He took out his books and started working on them. But he was a bit intrigued by the term ebony and ivory. What does it mean?

He was frustrated by it, and he usually has good patience. He doesn’t know why he’s this eager to know the meaning but figured with all the questions he had about Sunggyu and not being able to ask the man himself is a bit frustrating him in all ways possible.

With a heavy sigh, he took his books and notes and brought it to the living room where it’s a little less suffocating. He started working on the problems and found it a little easier to work compared to his bedroom but still he’s distracted and out of focus. He ran his hand through his hair and groaned when he laid his eyes on the majestic grand piano.

The cover was up and the keys were showing the perfectly arranged white and black in a neat solid row. He had a flicker in his brain and took out his phone. HE searched for ‘ebony and ivory song’ and waited for the hits.

Ebony and Ivory live together in harmony. Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh Lord, Why don’t we?

His mouth gaped as he read the lyrics. HE then walked in front of the piano and admired the keys in harmony with each other; the black neatly nestled between the white keys. He knew the song’s meaning is about racism and peace among races but he can’t help but think that maybe, he can complete Sunggyu.

His thoughts were disturbed when Sunggyu coughed to get his attention. “I’m sorry, I was just admiring the beautiful piano.”Myungsoo said (not a lie though because he was still at awe with it).

“You play?”Sunggyu asked and Myungsoo shook his head.

“Wanted to, but I don’t think I can actually do it. I play the guitar though I don’t own one.” Myungsoo confessed and Sunggyu nodded before eyeing the books on the center table. Myungsoo’s eyes trailed the elder’s line of sight and quickly grabbed his things.

“I’m so sorry for the mess, I couldn’t concentrate inside my room and..”He started but Sunggyu raised his hand.

“Just clean it up.” Sunggyu instructed him then went to his room. Myungsoo breathed out, he was nervous earlier and didn’t know he held it for so long. He then took the books and went to his room. On his way though, Sunggyu suddenly opened his door causing him to collide with solid wood and fell on his back.

“Myungsoo?” Sunggyu asked as he saw the body on the floor.

The boy was wincing in pain as he held his forehead. He saw Sunggyu’s face and he turned red, how embarrassing. He quickly gathered his things and went inside his room. He threw the books on his desk and buried his face on a pillow.

“Myungsoo?”He heard Sunggyu called him and he shut his eyes tighter, he doesn’t want to face him at the moment (whether from embarrassment or fear, he wasn’t so sure). Sunggyu opened the door a bit and popped his head to check on the younger. “Are you ok? I’m sorry about the door.” Sunggyu said and Myungsoo replied, muffled by the pillow.

“I can bring you to the hospital.” Sunggyu offered as he approached the boy but Myungsoo wouldn’t allow it. “I’m ok Sunggyu-nim” He said as he pulled himself off the bed.

Sunggyu eyed the boy and frowned. “We need some rum.” He said then grabbed the boys wrist and dragged him out of the room.

He made him sit on the stool by the island and grabbed a bottle of rum from the cabinet. He poured a few drops on a cotton ball and applied it on the little red bump on Myungsoo’s forehead.

“DongWoo said that this is better than an ice pack.”Sunggyu said and Myungsoo just nodded, pushing the idea of asking who the heck was Dongwoo. The rum was quite cool on his skin and it was relaxing compared to an icepack; and it smells kind of sweet too.

“Shall we eat?”Sunggyu asked and Myungsoo nodded. He got up and took the plates from the drawers and set up the island. He took the rice and the stew Sumi and him cooked. “I helped Sumi earlier.” He informed Sunggyu who just nodded.

“Delicious.” Sunggyu remarked like a kid eating Ice cream.

“You sure loves food.”Myungsoo muttered to himself. He widened his eyes as he just realized that the said that rather that thought of it. HE looked at Sunggyu who was just enjoying his meal and sighed, he’s safe for now.

“Oh Sunggyu-nim, Sungjong handed me an envelope earlier. It’s from your mom and he said about details for a blind date this Friday.” Myungsoo said and in an instant, Sunggyu lost his appetite. The man stiffened and the spoon he was holding dropped with a clang. He immediately stood and left the kitchen without a word.



---

a/n: I’ve revealed 2 min couple here already and heads up for Jongyu ( I love Jongyu as much as I love Myunggyu and Ongyu so I try to inject them in any way possible).

But now I’ll give you (my dear readers) a chance to nominate a preferred pairing for the following characters: Woohyun, Sungyeol and Sungjong.

For those going to nominate WooGyu, Myungyeol or Myungjong.. I can assure you that there’ll be hinted love affairs for these pairs but it will not progress that much because this is a MyungGyu fic remember.

Oh please pair the boys up with either SJ, SHINee (Key is the only one available), Infinite (Hoya, Dongwoo), Sistar, Boyfriend, ukiss, Mblaq, SNSD, f(x) bec. They are the only ones I can write about.. other idols.. I cannot do it.

Please send in your OTP bets ~