Good to be Home

That's So Random!

A/N: Not beta-ed and I was too excited to post it. So, I apologize in advance. Hehe.


 

3:12 am - I just landed. Are u home? Are u awake?
 
A text sent. But after a minute, still no reply received. So Seunghyun slipped his phone into his pocket and leaned back into the backseat of the towncar. He just arrived after long hours of flight from the other side of the world and all he could think of was a warm shower. And then sleep. In the comfort of his own bed. With the love of his life.
 
But that little trouble was not answering his calls and his texts, even after he eagerly promised during their video call last night that he would welcome Seunghyun home by the door. Well, he's probably asleep. Seunghyun thought, and a small smile curled at the corners of his lips. The thought of having someone waiting for him at home made his heart flutter.
 
Seunghyun opened the door to his house carefully and was not surprised that it was bright inside - the lights were switched on everywhere. He didn't bother to pull his luggage with him; he just left it by the hallway, he would deal with it tomorrow. Right now, he just wanted to see Jiyong.
 
But the space was empty. The living room, the dining area, the kitchen - there was no trace of Jiyong. Except for two carefully placed wine glasses and a bottle of wine - unopened - on the marble-top kitchen island. Seunghyun figured that Jiyong was indeed saying the truth that he was gonna welcome him home. But, where is he?
 
"Jiyong?"
 
Silence.
 
"I'm home."
 
Still silence.
 
Seunghyun walked over to the glass door and peeked at the terrace. But the lawn chairs were empty. Besides, it was particularly cold to be staying outside at this hour, so Jiyong couldn't be sitting outside. Then there was only one place left to look for him. Switching off all the lights, Seunghyun retreated to his bedroom.
 
He pushed the door slowly and the spread of a smile on his face was instantaneous at what he saw.
 
"Jiyong?" Seunghyun called out quietly as he walked further into his room. There was no response nor reaction. Jiyong's back was toward the door so Seunghyun walked around the bed to look at him.
 
Jiyong was deep in his sleep, lying on his side facing the empty side of the bed - Seunghyun's side of the bed. Seunghyun figured Jiyong must have fallen asleep from the way the sheets were still neat, save for the creases where Jiyong must have crawled up onto the bed on his knees. Jiyong was not even covered with the comforter; he didn't look like he was ready to go to sleep. One hand tucked under his chin and the other one was holding his phone.
 
Seunghyun leaned over and sat down on the edge of the bed. He took Jiyong's phone from his hand and placed it onto the nightstand. Jiyong's hand moved a little, trying to grasp the phone back, but he didn't stir awake. Seunghyun had to muster all his strength to restrain himself from just jumping into bed right then. Instead, he stood up, shed his coat, his jacket, and then his shirt, followed by his slacks. All of them off except for his boxer shorts. Warm shower be damned, he just couldn't wait to snuggle with Jiyong.
 
Sensing the bed dipped, Jiyong stirred. Seunghyun heard him inhaled, which meant Jiyong was gaining awareness.
 
"Oh! You're here!" Jiyong gasped.
 
Seunghyun was already hovering above him, pulling the comforter from beneath Jiyong and then drew it over both of them, right up to their waists. He righted himself alongside Jiyong, and then gathered him into his arms.
 
"I tried to stay awake, I swear." Jiyong slurred.
 
Seunghyun chuckled softly, arranging Jiyong in his arms. "I know, I know."
 
"And I was waiting for your call," Jiyong mumbled, helping himself with nuzzling into Seunghyun's neck. "I guess I missed it."
 
Seunghyun smiled, pressing a kiss against Jiyong's temple. "It's okay, it's fine."
 
"But I was so sleepy, and then I fell asleep, I didn't notice your call. I had promised that I would wait for you and-" Everything else he wanted to say trailed off into mumbles of how he had even taken naps during the day so he wouldn't feel sleepy later in the evening and would stay awake until Seunghyun reached home, and whines of how the coffee obviously didn't work at keeping him awake, and a tiny whisper of 'I've missed you', and hums of blissful realization that Seunghyun was home, and then a huff, and followed by silence. His breathing even out once again and he drifted back to sleep.
 
Seunghyun wrapped Jiyong tightly in his arms and followed suit. Smiling.
 
So good to be home.
 
**********