Annyeong, Charlie..

That's So Random!

Description:
Losing a furry friend is never easy. And a friend of 15 years, that's like a part of your soul is taken away with them.

Foreword:
"We thought you might need some company."


 

Jiyong paused in front of the door and heaved a heavy sigh. A very heavy sigh.

This is heartbreaking. He thought.

He drew another breath, a deep one, and punched in the access code to gain entrance. In tow, were his two furry friends, Gaho and Jolie, staring up at him with rapt attention. He got them secured on their leash and ushered them in when the door unlocked.

"Okay, let's go." He called them on in a hush tone and the two obeyed, tails wiggling, alert on what would come next from their handler. Jiyong dropped his car keys on the small table next to the door and crouched down to their eye level.

"Remember what I told you about Charlie?" Jiyong asked, scrubbing their chin, and as if they understood the question, the two whimpered in unison and sat down. "Good. So now," Jiyong proceed to unchain them from their leash, "we need to cheer someone up a little bit."

Jiyong stood up and looked around. From the faint smell of cigarrette, Jiyong knew where the owner of the place would be. He pressed his lips together into a tight smile.

He looked down to Gaho and Jolie again and gave them light pats on their back. "Go find him!"

And like a blow of a whistle in a footrace, Jiyong's command sent the two sprinting across the hallway, passed the living room and through the glass door to the the balcony. The two had knew all along where they could find him.

Jiyong followed behind with a smile on his face, especially when he heard the voice greeted the barks of the two excited canines.

"Hey, what are you two doing here?" Seunghyun's voice was almost drowned by the barks, but Jiyong could still make out his laughter from being assaulted by Gaho and Jolie. "Gaho, get off! When did you get so heavy?"

Jiyong stopped at the door, smiling down at the three companies wrestled each other on the lawn chair; Seunghyun pulling away from Gaho trying to his face and Jolie standing on her hind legs, paws on Seunghyun's lap, begging for attention.

Jiyong leaned against the door and crossed his arms, the smile still etched on his lips despite the tears already pooling in his eyes.

Seunghyun looked up when the two slowed down; satisified with a rub under the chin and a kiss on the forehead, but still very much crowded on Seunghyun's lap.

"We thought you might need some company." Jiyong peeled away from the doorframe, wiping the tears away. He walked over to the lawn chair and joined them. Seunghyun welcomed him with an open arm and Jiyong just slot right in, perching on the armrest. He ran a hand soothingly on Seunghyun's back to then wrap his arm around his shoulders.

"Thank you," Seunghyun breathed out his gratitude against the back of Jiyong's hand and pressed a delicate kiss just below the knuckles.

Jiyong pulled Seunghyun closer and returned the kiss against the elder's temple. "Feel better soon, okay. We're here for you." And he tightened the embrace as assurance, not that Seunghyun needed any.

 


 Rest in peace, Charlie boy..