Someday

That's So Random!

Description:
Waiting in the airport could take you into the future.

Foreword:
"Well, there's no way that I could possibly give you that."


 

Waiting to board a flight is never a favorite to either Seunghyun or Jiyong. They would have to sit in the restricted waiting area as they are not allowed to walk around. Not because the airport doesn't allow it, but the managers think it would be too much work to keep them from being swarmed by fangirls. So like a good child, they both obeyed and stayed in their seats, all covered up in jackets and scarves and sunglasses.

You see, it's one thing when you have to wait to board a flight, but it's another thing when you have to wait to board a delayed flight. They were all already checked in and were headed to the gate when the announcement echoed around the terminal. Seunghyun, Jiyong and the rest of the crew sighed and slumped onto the chairs when they learned that they would be stuck there for the next two hours.

Half an hour into waiting, Seunghyun, a magazine in his hands, and Jiyong, playing with his phone, sat next to each other. A cheerful giggle averted Jiyong’s attention from his phone. He looked around the area and couldn’t help but smile when he found the source.

"What are you smiling about?" Seunghyun asked when Jiyong shifted to slip his phone into his pocket and noticed the smile.

Jiyong puckered his lips and canted his chin towards the waiting section next to theirs.

Seunghyun looked up.

There's a pair of kids, probably siblings, playing together. The sister had a green balloon tied to one of her little fingers, chuckling while running away from her little brother who was trying to take the balloon from her. Their laughter echoed in the waiting area, so carefree and cheerful and merry. The delayed flight doesn't seem to bother them even the slightest. They ran and hopped around the place under the watchful eyes of their parents. 

Jiyong chuckled softly and leaned his head onto Seunghyun shoulder, circling his arms around Seunghyun's sturdy one. "They remind me of me and my sister when we were little. I was the baby, I got bullied a lot. And sometimes she even treated me like I'm one of her toys."

“You are still the baby.” Seunghyun teased.

“I am not!” Jiyong retorts with small chuckles, tightening his hold on Seunghyun’s arm.

"It would be nice to have your own, wouldn't it?"

Jiyong sighed and hummed, "Hmm.. It would be great.." His eyes are still on the kids, who are now hopping from one shape of pattern on the carpet to another, carefully avoiding the borders.

"Then you might wanna consider getting a girlfriend and get married, settle down.." Seunghyun blurted out nonchalantly, still looking at his magazine.

Jiyong pinched the inside of Seunghyun's arm, "HA HA HA. Very funny."

The older shrugged and squirmed, mouthing a silent ‘ouch’, "Well, there's no way that I could possibly give you that." Seunghyun paused, turning his head to glance at Jiyong who is still leaning on his shoulder.

“Tsk. I’m not asking you to. But, there are still alternative ways that we can opt for.”

"You know,” Seunghyun flipped the magazine close and tossed it to the empty seat next to him and turned to face Jiyong, “from the number of times that I’ve ed you, I’m surprised I haven’t knocked you up yet."

"Yah!" Jiyong snapped in a loud whisper and sat up from his slump, smacking Seunghyun on his shoulder, "Keep your voice down! People might hear you."

"Oh! That sounds awfully familiar. Didn't I say the same thing last night when yo-"

"Choi Seunghyun! Stop it!" Jiyong glared, sending Seunghyun into a fit of laughter.

“Seunghyun!” Jiyong instinctively pulls up his muffler scarf to cover his reddening cheeks.

“Okay, okay..” Seunghyun surrendered, with traces of laughter still heavy in his voice. He pulled his arm out of Jiyong’s embrace, and enveloped him by the shoulders, “But I don’t think now is the ideal time, Ji.”

“Of course, not now. I don’t think it’s the best time either. We barely have time for ourselves, let alone for someone else. And sometimes I don’t even remember where you’re at, or where I’m at, for that matter. I’m not gonna bring another human being into the chaos.”

Seunghyun took Jiyong’s hand, weaved their fingers together and held tight.

“Someday..” Seunghyun whispered, looking down at their joined hands.

Jiyong reciprocated with a smile, “Someday..” and rested his head back onto Seunghyun’s shoulder.

 

==========