You

That's So Random!

Description:
Seunghyun is the last piece of puzzle that Jiyong has been looking for to complete his life.

Foreword:
"I want you. Do something about it."


 

Seunghyun let out a sigh, frowning while staring at his phone screen. He bit his lower lip and shook his head.

“What now?” He breathed out into the cold thin air.

Since Jiyong came back from Japan, Seunghyun noticed that things have been weird and out of place around Jiyong. But he thinks it was nothing serious because Jiyong is theatrical. Instances like he lost a scarf, or he was refused something that he wanted, could reflect out like Gaho and Jolie had died.

Seunghyun kicked the loose pebbles in his driveway while waiting. It wasn’t long until the hum of Jiyong’s car caught his attention. And the slick white vehicle pulls up in front of him.

“Hop in.” Jiyong invited, rolling down the window.

Seunghyun rolled his eyes and pulled up the door. “Where are we going?”

“Just buckle up, hyung.”

This is already too familiar. It happens all the time. Whenever Jiyong feels like he needs to get away from his chaotic calendar, he would get behind the wheel and just drive off. Sometimes he goes alone, but more often than not, he took Seunghyun along. Like tonight.

“What’s going on?”

“Nothing.” Jiyong replied nonchalantly, eyes locked straight ahead.

“We’re speeding 80 miles per hour on a freeway at two in the morning. Something is going on.”

“Nothing. I just need to get away.”

“Get away from what?”

“Hyung,” Jiyong sighed, scrubbing a hand through his hair, “Please..just humor me this time.” He added, but still not looking at Seunghyun. Not even a glance.

“Don’t I always?” Seunghyun scoffed, “Ji, if you need to talk, we don’t have to drive out to- where are we going again?” Seunghyun just realized that he had just blindly got on the ride and let Jiyong drive him away without knowing the destination.

“Somewhere away.”

“Ji, tell me what’s going on. I’m starting to worry.”

But Jiyong just turned to the older for the first time since they left, and smiled faintly.

“Fine,” Seunghyun leaned back into his seat, “If I fall asleep, just wake me up when we arrive at...wherever we would arrive.”

The rest of the car ride remained silent. Jiyong kept his eyes on the road, spaced out and lost in his thoughts. And Seunghyun let him be. He knows whenever Jiyong is ready, he would start talking.

After a while, Jiyong thought his ears were going to burst from the deafening silence. He turned to Seunghyun and asked quietly, “Hyung, are you asleep?”

“Nope.”

“Good, ‘cause we’re here.”

Seunghyun sat up, just in time to recognize the place. Dolce Vita. He turned towards Jiyong who flashed him with a gummy smile.

“What are we doing here?” Seunghyun asked as they get out of the car.

“I need to talk to you.”

“Ji, we could just talk back in-”

“I need to talk to you in a place where I feel safe.”

“Why? Will I hit you after listening to what you’re going to talk about?”

“No. Maybe. I don’t know. I hope not.”

“Well then, spill.”

Jiyong drew a heavy breath and began, “The past few months have been crazy for me, hyung. Too many things happened at the same time and I almost lost it. I went to Japan recently to clear things up. And it gave me a chance to reflect and a chance to really look into what I want and what I need in my life.”

Jiyong paused and turned to face Seunghyun who has his armed crossed, staring away at the empty air that hovers the lake. From his expression, Jiyong could tell that Seunghyun has absolutely no idea of what he is about to tell him.

“I have the answers now, hyung.” Jiyong continued.

"And what is that?" Seunghyun asked mockingly and turned around. 

Instead of answering with words, Jiyong just stood there locking his eyes on Seunghyun’s.

Then the answers clicked in Seunghyun’s head.

“No. Jiyong, this is not something to joke about.” A warning. He swore he would kill this tiny person if he is playing around with his feelings.

“I am not joking, hyung. Look, what do you want me to do to make you believe me?”

“Jump off a cliff.”

Jiyong’s eye widened. “W-Well..I would if I could survive the fall. You wouldn’t want me dead, now would you?”

“Well I would love to have you dead if you think it’s a joke to mess around about this.”

“I am serious, hyung.”

“Stop it, Jiyong!”

“Okay, I will stop if you can explain the things you do, the things we do,” Jiyong’s eyes scrambled across the pebbles at his feet, trying to remember the stupid things they did together, “How about the kisses?”

“That was acting.” Quick came the answer as Seunghyun knew Jiyong would bring that up.

“No, those were not acting. The ones in the car rides were not acting. No one saw us.”

Seunghyun sighed, dropping his gaze to the ground.

“And we even slept together; we slept together a million times. And we didn’t even freak out when we woke up sometimes tangled with each other.”

“We’re used to it; we've been sleeping together since we were kids.”

“Yeah. But we’re grown-ups now and we woke up in the same bed, in each other’s arms just weeks ago.”

“Jiyong, just stop. You don’t know what you’re saying.”

“No, you stop. I know what I’m saying and I am sick of myself for holding it back for so long. Hyung..” Jiyong took a couple of steps forward.

“Stay where you are, Ji..” Seunghyun took a step away. His heart and his mind are racing. He couldn’t think. If Jiyong come closer, he couldn’t guarantee that things won’t get out of hands. But he was relieved when the younger complied and paused.

“Seunghyun..” Jiyong sighed.

He looked up at the mention of his name. He knew it was serious when Jiyong started addressing him that way.

“You’re crazy, Jiyong. This won’t take us anywhere.”

“Who says I wanna go anywhere. I’m fine right here; where you’re at.”

“Things will get complicated, Ji. People..” Seunghyun sighed, “People won’t understand.”

“I don’t expect them to understand. Sometimes I don’t even understand myself, how would they understand me? And I don’t need them to understand.”

“Ji..”

“I have tried, believe me I have tried. I have tried starting relationships with other people. But apparently, you have taken up a huge space in my heart that I can’t make space for others anymore. And I keep comparing them, and every single thing they do, with everything you. What you would do, what you would say, how you would react, how you would find the simplest and silliest thing funny. You, you, you, you!

Jiyong stopped to catch his breath before he quietly walked towards Seunghyun and stood right in front of the confused man. Seunghyun finally looked up when Jiyong’s hands clutch onto the collar of his jacket and pulled him closer.

“I want you..” Jiyong whispered, close to Seunghyun’s lips, “Do something about it.”

Seunghyun’s couldn’t find a word to say. He just stares into Jiyong’s eyes contemplating on what he should do. He is battling with himself. After all, Jiyong is all he wants, too. If he gives in, Jiyong would be his and he wouldn’t have to hold back anymore.

“Seunghyun..” Jiyong whispered again, taking Seunghyun out of his thoughts.

Without skipping a beat, Seunghyun leaned forward and sealed their lips together. Jiyong’s arms naturally wrap around Seunghyun’s neck as he hums blissfully. Seunghyun could feel that Jiyong is smiling into the kiss when he brought his hands up to cup the puffy cheeks. And the kiss got sloppy before they pulled away for air.

Jiyong looked up, biting on his lip with a silly smile on his face before nuzzling into the nook of Seunghyun’s neck.

“Jiyong..” Seunghyun whispered, wrapping Jiyong with his arms, “Your parents are going to kill me.” Seunghyun added, resting his chin on top of Jiyong’s head.

“They have been watching us all this while, from upstairs.” Jiyong mumbled into the embrace, grinning.

Seunghyun froze. “WHAT?!!” He shrieked and tried pulling away.

“Relax,” Jiyong squeezed him tighter, “They knew. This was partially their ideas.”

 

==========