You're My Remedy

That's So Random!

Description:
Jiyong is sick. But he feels so happy and lucky.

Foreword:
Jiyong wasn't that weak that he couldn't even move on his own to sit up from lying down, but he loved the attention. He hated being sick, because he could do almost nothing when he was sick, but he loved this part--being taken care of.


 

There was a soft, feathery caress in his palm. The left one, Jiyong could feel it. He was pretty sure that it was a thumb, pressing lightly into the heel of his palm. The touch carefully glided to the base of his fingers before trailing in the same path, back to the heel. Jiyong followed the movement in his mind, behind closed eyes. He thought it was beautiful like this. And peaceful too. A serenity that he didn't want to wake up from.

Jiyong willed his mind to fall back into sleep. He knew he had slept for so long, he could feel it in his bones, but the touches were so soothing and calming, they made his body feel heavy and tired and made him just want to sink more into the mattress. Jiyong swallowed and his face scrunched up in discomfort. His throat was dry and it hurt to even swallow his own spit. He grunted, trying to clear his throat, but the sound that came out of him was almost a squeak.

The touches in his palm stopped.

Jiyong opened his eyes and they blinked heavily. He glanced at the wall on his right out of habit--looking for a wall clock--but then he remembered he was not in his bedroom. He had a wall clock on the wall to the right of his bed in his bedroom back in Seoul. But now he's in a hotel room, somewhere in Osaka, Japan, five hundred miles away from home.

Jiyong swallowed again and his face scrunched up again. His throat was still so dry. He let his eyes close again and it reminded him of the touches. Slowly, he turned his head to his left and frowned at the throbs he felt right against his temples. He felt a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth when he opened his eyes.

"How are you feeling?" A handsome face with a deep voice inquired. He was lying on his side, facing Jiyong, with his right hand snugged under the pillow his head was lying on and the other hand nestling lazily in Jiyong's left palm.

It was a simple question but Jiyong was overwhelmed by it, it almost made him cry. He could already feel the pricks behind his eyes and the threatening sob in his lungs. Being taken care of when he was sick always made him feel like a spoiled brat. Well, maybe he was one. By this handsome face with a deep voice.

There was a gentle smile on Seunghyun's face at the way Jiyong was looking back at him. He knew that look too well. "Come on, sit up. You need to drink some water. Your lips are chapped and I bet your throat is dry." Seunghyun moved carefully so as not to rock the bed too much. He moved closer to Jiyong's side, sliding one arm under Jiyong's shoulders and gently pulled him up to sit. As he rearranged the pillows against the headboard, Seunghyun could feel Jiyong pressed a gentle kiss against his neck. He huffed a smile at that and gently led Jiyong to lean against the pillows.

Jiyong wasn't that weak that he couldn't even move on his own to sit up from lying down, but he loved the attention. He hated being sick, because he could do almost nothing when he was sick, but he loved this part--being taken care of.

Seunghyun leaned over, looming over Jiyong to reach the bottle of water and the glass on the nightstand next to Jiyong. He poured the water into the glass and lifted it Jiyong's mouth. The first sip was like the first rain after the longest drought. Jiyong could feel the liquid moved down his throat and how it cooled his entire body down to his toes. Seunghyun chuckled as he watched Jiyong downed the entire content of the glass and Jiyong wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Want some more?" Seunghyun offered. Jiyong shook his head. "Still can't speak?" Seunghyun teased.

Jiyong pulled a weak grin, biting his lip. "No, thanks."

"That's more like it." Seunghyun placed the water bottle and the glass back onto the nightstand. "I was trying to wake you up. You need to eat and take the medicine." He paused and watched Jiyong for a moment before reaching out to gently press the back of his hand at Jiyong's neck, under his chin and against his forehead. "You're still warm."

Jiyong just watched as Seunghyun moved again, pulling another pillow and placed it onto Jiyong's lap and flattened it with his hands. Seunghyun crawled over to the other edge and slid of the bed. He came back from the mini pantry with a food tray.

"What is that?"

"Crab soup." Seunghyun answered as he rounded the bed to Jiyong's side. He sat down by the edge and placed the tray onto the pillow on Jiyong's lap. "The doctor said it's good for recovery, so we ordered some from the hotel's kitchen."

Jiyong looked down at the tray--a bowl of soup, a bowl of rice, a spoon, and a pair of chopsticks. He didn't really want to know what was on the tray, he was hiding his face. He actually wanted to cry right then.

Seunghyun was at first oblivious, fiddling with a small plastic bag containing the medicines. "Now, eat up, and then take these." He placed the bag onto the nightstand. Then he turned to Jiyong, leaning one arm over Jiyong's stretched legs. He noticed how Jiyong just dumbly stared at the food tray and he knew it wasn't just an empty stare. He knew Jiyong was about to get emotional and break down. That was just how Jiyong was.

And because he knew this, Seunghyun took the spoon and stirred the soup. He didn't mind that Jiyong was still holding his gaze down. "They will get cold if you don't eat it now." He scooped and lifted a spoonful of the broth and waited.

Jiyong leaned forward after a moment, still avoiding looking up at Seunghyun. Sure enough there were tears in his eyes, but not enough to roll down his cheek yet. He took the spoon into his mouth and sipped the soup off.

"There you go." Seunghyun praised him like a child and Jiyong was certain that this is the person who spoiled him too much. "You think you can handle the rest or do you want me to feed you until-"

Jiyong shook his head and sniffled, snatching the spoon from Seunghyun's hand and picked up the chopsticks from the tray.

Seunghyun chuckled. "Finish it and take the medicine. I'm gonna prepare a bath, nice and warm, if you feel like washing up later." He was about to leave the bed when he heard Jiyong mumbled a 'thank you'. He smiled and lowered himself back into the spot he was sitting in. Jiyong still refused to look up.

So Seunghyun leaned in and said, "I don't need appreciation for things that I want to do." He pressed a kiss against Jiyong's temple. "Feel better soon, okay?" He gave Jiyong's knee a gentle squeeze and left for the bathroom.

Jiyong finally let his tears roll down his cheeks. He was sick but god, he felt so damn happy and lucky.

 

**********

P/S: Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur..~