Chapter 7

Chances With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 All of them saw Sooyoung who was lying limp with a bandage on his head and his right hand. Although he was in horrible condition, he still sent his most charming smile to them, telling them that he was definitely alright.

On the other hand, Hyoyeon who came dashing into his room first with such worry and excitement, was now the most silent and quiet among them.

She knew that behind the familiar charming smile of his, she knew for a fact that he was in pain because his teeth were gritting every now and then while his face would scrunch up.

Every time he did, it only made her heart hurt more and more. In conclusion, she didn't want to see Sooyoung in any pain or else she would rather it be her suffering in his place.

Quite obvious, don't you think? 

" Hi, Youngie. How are you feeling? " Taeyeon asked as he patted his shoulder.

" I've never felt better, Hyung. " Sooyoung tried his best to smile in order to not let them worry about him when they have their own issues to worry about. 

" Sooyoung-oppa! Are you feeling okay? " Yura hugged her favourite cousin tightly and checked his body frantically for any scratches. 

" Princess. I'm okay, calm down. " Sooyoung held his favourite dongsaeng by the shoulders and patted her head gently before chuckling. 

“ Sooyoungie. ” Yuri suddenly appeared from outside and approached his bed with heavy footsteps.

" I’m so sorry, if I didn’t leave my car keys, surely this accident never happened. It's all my fault, forgive me. I'm really sorry. " The older boy said with guilt in his voice as he lowered his head.

Jesse who was next to him patted his shoulder lightly, trying to comfort his poor brother.

" Hyung. Don’t blame yourself, it’s not your fault. Forget that accident and look at me. " Yuri raised his head and looked at his younger cousin lying on the bed. 

" I'm fine and there's really nothing to worry about. I promise next time I'll be more careful. Oh, right. Hyung, don't be such a pabo anymore. Alright? " Sooyoung grinned cheekily and patted his cousin's cheeks playfully. 

Yul just replied him with a nod and a wide smile.

" Hey, Yuri-ah. You better bring Yoona and this big baby home to rest. " Jesse ordered, ignoring Yuri's whining before turning to Taeyeon.

" You too Taeng, you better go home with the girls. I’ll take care of Sooyoung here. Use my car since Eunhyuk used it to drive us here. ”

" Jesse, I want to stay here with you too. Please." Tiffany held onto Jesse's arm and started showing all sorts of aegyo to him to let her stay.

" Aye. Alright, beautiful. " Of course the ice prince was melted by the eye-smiling girl. 

" Okay Jesse. I'll come in the morning to take over you. Alright let’s go girls. Yuri, I'll take Yura, Sunny and Hyoyeon since your car can only fit 2 people. " Taeyeon said. 

" What? But I want Yu- " Yoona felt like a knife had been plunged straight into her heart.

Where was her caring, childish and loving oppa who wanted her with him always? 

" No buts. I'm taking your sister because she wants to bond with her unnies. " Taeyeon said and sent a wink to Yura, signalling her to play along.

" Yeah, Oppa. Goodnight, I love you and please don't speed. " Yura hugged her pouting brother lightly, giving him a kiss on the cheek before hugging her best friend as well.

" You two need to talk. " Yura whispered in Yoona's ear and kissed her cheek, receiving a thankful smile from her best friend.

" Bye, Jessie. Bye, Sooyoung-Oppa. " The girls said goodbye and wave their hands towards Sooyoung except Hyoyeon.

" Hyoyeon, what’s wrong? Let’s go." Taeyeon asked as he looked at Hyoyeon who seemed hesitant to leave Sooyoung. Hyoyeon was silent for a moment and looked at Sooyoung from outside.

" I’ll stay here tonight Oppa. "

" Oh, okay. Call me if you want to go home. Take care. " Taeyeon patted her head before leaving Hyoyeon. She took a deep breath and stepped into the room. 

" Hyoyeon, I thought you went home with the others. " Jesse was a little surprised as well as Sooyoung. Tiffany just smiled widely, knowing why she suddenly changed her mind. 

" No I wanted to accompany Sooyoung, Fany and you. " She said and turned at Sooyoung causing him to gulp when Hyoyeon gave him her sweet smile.

Jesse caught their interaction and smiled, knowing it was his and Tiffany's cue to leave.

" U-Uh.. I'm gonna get coffee. Do you two want any? " He asked, receiving two grateful smiles and nods.

He grinned and left the room with Tiffany, hoping that the two oblivious fools would finally be like old times. Tiffany was quiet but the pink that showed on her cheeks were really obvious...

Jesse didn't let go of her hands although they were out of the room. 

*

*

Sooyoung looked at the quiet girl carefully and noticed something very worrying to his eyes and heart.

' why are her eyes so swollen? Did she cry because she was worried about me? ' Sooyoung mentally asked and cheered but realised that it wasn't even close to being true, making him frown for a second before putting on his smile again. 

" Hyoyeon. What are you doing here? " Sooyoung asked, feigning annoyance. 

" I'm sorry, Sooyoung. I know a simple apology like this can't take away the pain I've caused you but please give me a chance to repent for them. I know I was wrong and I reflected on my actions, Yul was right. Give me another chance. Please? " Hyoyeon sat down next to the bed and played with his unhurt hand, tracing his palm gently.

" Fine. But please don't ever hurt me again. By the way, did someone punch you in the face or something? You look like a panda. " Sooyoung teased and chuckled after seeing her priceless expression. 

" What? " Hyoyeon asked in surprise and immediately ran to the bathroom in the same room before looking into the mirror and was surprised to see her own eyes that now looked like freaking panda eyes.

 “ Oh my gosh! ” She covered her face and went back to the grinning boy.

" Hehe. Were you crying? " He teased and gave her his famous mischievious smile while wiggling his eyebrows. 

" No, I wasn't. " Hyoyeon denied but her stuttering gave her away big time. However, Sooyoung kept his eyes on Hyoyeon and smiled with a suspicious expression.

" Okay fine! I was crying because.. " 

" Because…? " Sooyoung asked her as he raised his eyebrows, waiting for her to finish her sentence.

" Just admit it, Hyoyeon. You were crying because you were worried about me. " He said it as a joke but didn't expect such a direct reply.

" Yes! I was worried about you Youngie. And I thought that I was gonna lose you. Happy now? " 

Sooyoung had his mouth wide opened, still not taking in the sudden words of the girl.

Once he did, he waved his hands in the air as if he was in a club. He caught Hyoyeon staring at him with an amused expression, causing him to blush before playing with his fingers shyly. 

" You mean everything to me. I nearly died after hearing about your accident. " Hyoyeon blushed and started to straighten out her skirt although it wasn't even crumpled, it was simply out of nervousness and shyness.

" Woah...... "  Sooyoung muttered and was still jaw-dropped after hearing the shy girl's confession. 

*

*

" Jesse! I want a latte, please. " Jesse and Tiffany were at the canteen when Tiffany wanted to have some coffee. 

" Sure, Fany. Wait here. "

He smiled gently and left the table with his hands in his jeans pocket while walking to the drink stall like a boss, catching the attention of the girls around.There weren't many considering that it was alread

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter