Chapter 17

Chances With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later....

Taeyeon took a deep breath, taking in the fresh scent of nature outside his house. He looked at the newly-built tree house ever since he was assigned as a bodyguard to Sunny. 

" Oppa? " 

He turned around and saw his younger sister with tears starting to roll down her cheeks, she hadn't seen her elder brother for so long. Now that he was finally back, Hayeon's emotions were overtaking her. 

" Hayeon. " Taeyeon smiled and opened his arms for his precious sister, embracing each other tightly. There was no doubt that he had missed her as much as Hayeon missed him. 

" Oppa, you're finally back. I missed you so much. " Hayeon was wetting the front of his shirt with her tears, her sobs were breaking her older brother's heart. 

" I miss you too, sweetie. Did you know I was coming today? " 

" I didn't know what time but Yuri-oppa texted me. " Hayeon took out her phone and showed it to Taeyeon, the cheeky picture of Yuri greeted him.

From: KkabYul-oppa

Hayeonieeeee! Your Taengoo-oppa is going back to Jeonju to spend some time with you and Halmoni. Some stuff happened so please take care of Hyung. If there's anything, you can call either of us. :) 

" That dork. " Taeyeon sighed and hugged his sister again, this time feeling his tears flow out. He missed Hayeon so much during his service to Yuri's father. 

*

" Halmoni! " Taeyeon called out for their grandmother, putting down his bag in the living room. 

" Is that you, Taengoo? " 

An elderly woman came out of the kitchen with a blue apron, one that Taeyeon used to play with when he was younger. He looked at Halmoni and smiled, running into her open arms.

" Wow... I expected you to grow. What happened to you, baby? Were you crying? " Halmoni caressed his head and rubbed his back gently. 

" Halmoni, I grew! " Taeyeon whined into her neck. 

His family missed him so much, there was no man in the house and something could have happened to them without him knowing. The boys had pestered him to go back time and again but he denied, staying true to his duties. 

" Actually, Oppa. You didn't grow that much, after all. Look, I'm only a few cm shorter than you. " Hayeon stood behind him and compared their heights, making their grandmother burst into laughter. 

" I missed you a lot, sweetie. Where are the other boys? Oh, and little Yura! The Kwon siblings were the best. " Halmoni saw them when they were only children and she missed them so much. 

" We've all grown up. Yura's dating Hong Jong Hyun and she's finishing her studies in the States. Yuri's dating Yoona, Jesse and Tiffany. Sooyoung's getting there, Hyoyeon and him are taking it slowly. " 

" Aigoo, all ending up together with the people they're supposed to serve! My babies. " Halmoni sighed, she really missed those kids so much. 

Hayeon linked her arms with her brother and walked towards the kitchen, allowing their grandmother to rest while they took over the duty of making lunch. 

 " Oppa, it's Halmoni's birthday in two days. " 

" I know. " 

" Can you call the other Oppas? I'm sure Halmoni would like it. " 

" That's a great idea. I'll call Yura too in case she's on vacation right now. They'll bring their girlfriends along so do we enough rooms for all? " Taeyeon put on his apron and went to the chopping board. 

" Yeah we do. We probably won't be sleeping anyway. " 

Taeyeon nodded with a knowing smile, they would probably spend their time star-gazing like how they did when they were still children. 

*

*

*

*

From: Taengoo-hyung

You guys should come over tomorrow. Halmoni's birthday is in two days and she really wishes to see all of you. Bring the girls along too, it'll be fun. Yura said she'll be flying over tomorrow night and come directly to the house. 

" Hyung, Taeyeon-hyung asked us to go over to Jeonju. Halmoni wants to spend time with us and it'll be her birthday surprise. " Yuri read out the message from his phone. 

Jesse nodded and gave Yuri an OK sign before cuddling with his girlfriend on the sofa. Sooyoung was eating pasta that Hyoyeon specially cooked for him. 

" Noona, he said you girls can come too. Would you like to come with us? " Yoona snuggled closer to Yuri, her doe eyes giving in to sleepiness. 

Tiffany eye-smiled and agreed while Hyoyeon poked her head out of the kitchen and nodded vigorously. 

After Taeyeon had left, Sunny's behaviour turned for the worst. She went out until the wee hours of the morning before returning home, hardly spending time with her family anymore. 

Her behaviour led to sleepless nights and depressed feelings, the boys had taken the responsibility of taking care of her for Taeyeon unto their shoulders. 

" Since we're going there, you boys need to get a good sleep once and for all. " Tiffany said, authority was ringing in her tone and everyone knew she was being serious. 

" Noona. " Yuri whined, he wanted to bring Yoona out for a short date. 

" Kwon Yuri. Don't whine at me. You can bring Yoona out another time, okay? " Tiffany walked towards Yuri and ruffled his hair playfully until she realised something. 

Tiffany woke Yoona up and called Hyoyeon from the kitchen, bringing the two girls with her into her room. Yuri, Sooyoung and Jesse looked at each other and shook their heads, not knowing the reason. 

*

" Girls, do you think Sunny would go along with us for this trip? " Tiffany looked at Hyoyeon and Yoona with questioning looks, all having their own speculations. 

Hyoyeon shook her head, the sauce from the pasta off her fingers. She was very aware of what Sunny was doing outside and she lost hope, she wouldn't want Taeyeon to get hurt. 

" She might not go, but we should still tell Sunny-unnie. I mean, just to let her know where we're going. " Yoona answered logically, the chances were indeed close to zero. 

Tiffany nodded solemnly. Sunny used to be the most mature and giving one out of the 4 of them, but she had turned for the worst as well. 

Yoona used to dislike Yuri and threw him out of the room whenever Taecyeon was around; she treated him like someone who could be at her disposal. Now, she was his girlfriend who loved him wholeheartedly. 

Tiffany hated Jesse and his guts to take her and Siwon head-on. She treated him as badly as ever and ignored the pain in her heart when he walked away. Right now, she was ready to free fall into the unknown as long as Jesse's there to catch him. 

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung were pure enemies, hating each other. Their guts took a level up when they started to play ual teasing games, running their hands along each other. Not official but their feelings did the talking for them. 

Tiffany and Hyoyeon woke up because Sunny was there to knock sense into their heads, but what had happened to her that Taeyeon should get hurt like this? 

" Unnie. Do you think Taeyeon-oppa will ever get over her? " Yoona asked in a softer volume. 

That question got the rest of them thinking. Taeyeon was a very loyal and devoted person, he wanted to spend his life with just one person and it happened to be Sunny. 

" No, Yoong. I don't think he will ever get over her. " 

*

" Sunny-unnie, we're going to Jeonju tomorrow. "

The 4 girls were in the living room alone, the 3 boys had gone out to get some necessary things and groceries for Halmoni and Hayeon. 

" What? Why? " Sunny looked at Yoona with a puzzled expression. 

" Halmoni wanted to see us and we're going to give her a surprise for her birthday on the following day. " Hyoyeon answered this time, saving Yoona from distress. 

" Am I supposed to go? " Sunny asked and it sounded much with annoyance to the shock of the remaining three girls.

This wasn't Sunny anymore, it was a selfish coward. 

" You don't have to if you don't want to. No one's gonna die without you there. " A voice came from behind with 2 other pairs of eyes glaring at the girl sitting on the sofa. 

" I don't want you to go too, honestly. " 

Yuri and Sooyoung stepped forward, they were sick and tired of watching Taeyeon love such a selfish girl. Jesse grabbed them by their shirts, preventing them from doing something they would regret. 

" Hyung. " Yuri looked at Jesse, his eyes ablaze with annoyance. 

" Sunny, go upstairs and pack your things. " Jesse said, cold bitterness emitting from his voice. 

Yoona looked at Yuri and her eyes were pleading for him to stop Jesse but Yuri looked away weakly, Sunny didn't deserve to have a suitor like Taeyeon. 

" What? Are you throwing me out, Jesse? " Sunny finally tore her gaze

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter