Epilogue [I]

Chances With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mmm… the smell of freshly-brewed coffee in the morning was just the thing Yuri loved; it was one of the best things to wake up to, and his wife knew that by heart now.

“Morning, Yul…” Yoona smiled as she supported a tray against her hip, the other hand supporting her back as she entered the room, “did you sleep well?”

Yuri yawned sleepily and rubbed his eyes with hands balled into cute fists, knowing that Yoona would only for a resembling a toddler. He loved mornings like these though; simply lazing in bed and not bothering about what the world could bring. It was mornings like these that allowed Yuri to fully cherish his precious wife; Yoona never failed to make his days even if it was just a smile.

It was only when Yuri looked up in full consciousness, did he finally shriek in shock; he literally flew off the bed and charged towards his wife.

“YAH! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT MOVING AROUND WITHOUT ME?!”

Yoona pouted as Yuri took everything off her hands and placed it on the table, only to get swept off her feet when Yuri ran back to her in an instant. She was pregnant but definitely not crippled; making breakfast or even waking her husband up with a nice surprise was not out of her means at the moment. And here her husband was, acting as if the world was about to end the moment she stepped out of bed.

“Geez, stop over-reacting.”

“Wanting my baby girl to be safe is not over-reacting, Yoong.”

Yuri had become extra stubborn and an absolute pain in the arse when he found out that Yoona was pregnant with a girl, and Yoona feared for her daughter once she was born – she was either going to be very spoilt, or very good – but Yoona had a hunch it was going to be the former. She had nearly got into a couple of arguments with her husband because of that, and a repeat was not necessary at all.

“Baby, you just graduated from law school,” Yoona sighed as Yuri stretched out her legs across the bed, kneeling at the foot of the bed, “you shouldn’t be staying at home so often just because I’m pregnant; I know how to take care of myself.”

Yuri ignored Yoona’s words and tried to focus on finding the sore spot of Yoona’s calves; she had been getting a lot of leg cramps recently and he wasn’t there to help her due to his work load at times. Yoona often reassured him that she understood and it wasn’t a big deal but the guilt also killed Yuri inside, knowing that he wasn’t around when his wife needed him more than anything or anyone. 

“I don’t skip work…” Yuri softly mumbled; and Yoona swore she saw a little light bulb atop his head – he was going to do something foolish again.

Oh man…

Yoona was just going to enjoy the foot massage and ignore everything going on around her; Yuri spending time with her like this was something to be treasured anyway. Yoona didn't want to keep thinking about things that Yuri wouldn't want her to either - he was going to take leave for the next month or so, and Yoona could feel it happening. She just needed to wait for it be proven true. 

 

*

*

 

An afternoon wasn't good enough for Yoona; her pregnancy had drained her energy rapidly and she was always tired - save for the night where she was like a nocturnal owl; an owl with raging hormones, of course. Yuri always tended to her needs, and Yoona was always satisfied before she went to sleep - but for now... her pregnany class was really in the way at the moment. She wanted to make love now, and definitely not go for class.

“Yul!”

“Coming!”

Yoona watched in amusement as her husband skipped out of the kitchen with an apron draped over his front, a ladle in his one hand and a glass of milk in another. “I made your milk, Yoong. Are you hungry?” Yuri asked, bending to give Yoona a kiss on the head as she giggled; she was always so tickled when Yuri showered her with loads of affection.

Yuri got down on his knees in front of the sofa, and Yoona put down her glass of milk with a smile; she knew exactly what Yuri wanted. She took his face into her palms and caressed his cheek, cradling his head on her bulging tummy. Yuri grinned goofily when he felt a couple of strong kicks against his cheek; his baby girl was going to grow up to be a real fighter – and he would be there to oversee it.

“You’re not going to let her learn boxing.”

“What? Why?” Yuri pouted, looking up at his wife with his famous puppy eyes, “I want her to learn a martial art.”

The way Yoona’s jaw dropped resembled something that would happen in a movie, and Yuri would have laughed but Yoona was glaring at him so fiercely that he didn’t dare. Yoona shook her head and flicked her husband's forehead, trying to get some sense into Yuri's head. She didn't even think about bringing their daughter to school yet; and here he was wanting to bring her for boxing.

“I will slap you if you dare let her learn boxing without me knowing,” Yoona glared and grabbed Yuri by the front of his apron, pulling him up only to stare into his face, “mark my words, Kwon Yul.” 

 

*

*

*

 

6 years later…

 

“HAH! I BEAT YOU!”

“Noona…”

“I won.”

A haughty six-year old girl placed her hands on her hips and laughed loudly in her younger brother’s face as he continued to whine at her; he had every right to whine though – he was only four and she was already six. He pouted sadly and brought both balled fists to his watery eyes, trying to prevent his tears from coming out lest his sister started to for being a crybaby again.

The little boy took a deep breath and walked towards the bench, sitting down as he buried his face into his palms. He couldn’t understand why his big sister always liked to win over him; what was the big deal about winning anyway?

“HANA! HANEUL! YOUR UMMA’S HERE!”

As if on cue, the two siblings ran off to the entrance of the martial arts school and waited for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter