Chapter 23

Chances With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Time to get up!”

All three groaned, hearing Taeyeon’s extremely loud voice echo through the apartment they were staying in. Seriously, they didn’t even manage to sleep till the wee hours of the morning and now, Taeyeon was waking them at nine? Gosh, training with the Kwon's company was tougher than going to the military if they might say so themselves.

Taeyeon rolled his eyes when neither one of the three room doors opened, he knew they weren’t going to wake up the first time he called. He marched to the storeroom with a big frown, grabbing his loudhailer. If they weren't going to be obedient, then they couldn't blame him for being nasty. 

 

“KWON YURI!!!”

“CHOI SOOYOUNG!!”

“JESSE JUNG!!!”

 

Yuri gritted his teeth and held his pillow over his head, ignoring the constant screaming of his name Taeyeon was shouting. Honestly, he had spent so long talking to Yoona last night that he didn’t even notice it was dawn if Yoona hadn’t mentioned it. Yoona reminded him many times last night that he couldn’t lose his cool even when he met his father again.

He wasn’t planning to anyway; it would be a waste of time.

A constant vibration came from the bedside table this time, earning an even louder groan from the tanned guy. He slammed his fist on the bed and sat up in frustration, running his fingers through his messy bed hair. “HELLO?!” Yuri yelled, not looking at the caller ID.

“Yul? Baby, are you okay?”

Oh .

It was Yoona.

Yuri got out of bed immediately, “Yoong! I’m so sorry… just Taeyeon-hyung’s driving us nuts…”

Yoona giggled cutely, propping her chin up with her elbow; she had a feeling this was going to happen anytime when they were away for training. “Well,” Yoona started, looking at her freshly-manicured nails, “I did tell you to sleep earlier, Yuri-ah.” 

Pft, how could he sleep when he was on the phone with her? 

If anything, Yuri would rather lose sleep then miss a chance to talk to Yoona. “You know I would choose to talk to you, Im Yoona.” He couldn’t stop his heart for fluttering when he heard Yoona giggling on the other side of the phone. If only Yoona’s giggling could be next to his ear instead of through the phone. Now, hearing Yoona's voice was only going to make him feel even more horrible. 

“You sound like you miss me loads, Mr Kwon.”

Rolling his eyes, Yuri snorted, “of course I sound like that. I do miss you, future Mrs Kwon.”

“Who said anything about marrying you, Kwon Yuri? I suggest you don’t get too ahead of yourself over there.” Yoona teased, she needed to hear Yuri whine at least once; it was practically her source of motivation. “Besides, my suitors still line from Incheon to the Philippines so…”

Was this the game Yoona wanted to play?

Because Yuri could do it too.

Yuri grinned, “Speak for yourself, baby girl. You’re the one who’s talking about marrying me in your sleep almost every alternate night.”

And he wasn't lying at all. He had once woken up to get a glass of warm milk to help him sleep and he heard Yoona mumbling about marriage as she smiled like a goof in dreamland, unaware of how lovesick she sounded. 

“OH MY! DO I REALLY?!” Yoona cupped her face in embarrassment.

He wouldn’t lie to Yoona even if it killed him, “unfortunately for you and fortunately for me… you do.”

 

 

While Yuri was exchanging sweet-nothings with Yoona over the phone in his room, Sooyoung was in his room having a minor squabble with Hyoyeon as usual. No matter how much these two missed each other, it seemed as if it would take a bone marrow from either to admit so. Yet, deep down in both their hearts, they longed to be with one another again. 

Sooyoung felt like he needed to remind Hyoyeon so he did, “Seriously, Kim Hyoyeon. Don’t you dare go out with any other MAN or WOMAN for that matter because I’ll fly back and hack you to pieces myself.” He cocked an eyebrow when Hyoyeon burst into outrageous laughter on the other side of the call, “what’s so funny?” 

“Baby, I don’t know what you’re being so worried about,” Hyoyeon giggled, covering with her hand, “I should be the worrying about that.” 

Hm... very true.

Hyoyeon might be one to go clubbing and partying like a teenager who just turned into a young adult but once she was bound to someone in a relationship, she was one of the most loyal partners ever found. No doubt about that and Sooyoung wasn't about to worry too much over this. 

Softly groaning at how much he missed Hyoyeon, Sooyoung couldn’t afford to keep up his strong bravado already. “God, I miss you so much.” He couldn’t give two hoots about his pride anymore, he missed his girlfriend and he wanted to admit it right now. 

Why were some men so insistent on playing cool? 

Sooyoung was definitely not one of them.

A soft smile graced Hyoyeon’s plump lips, she didn’t expect Sooyoung to actually admit it to her over the phone. Her fingers automatically went to the necklace around her neck, fiddling with it. “I miss you too, Youngie. How I wish you were right here next to me…” The moment those words left Hyoyeon's lips, she couldn't help but frown. 

The giant didn't have to be next to Hyoyeon to know how she was feeling right now and it mirrored his very own feelings. He didn't want to be here in the first place. “I’m really sorry, Hyo. I really want to be with you now but… you know the situation here. I don’t know how Yuri’s gonna cope later when we have to see Uncle Kwon later.”

 

 

Jesse came out of the bathroom with the wildest smile he ever had on; Tiffany could be such a sly fox when she wanted to be. She probably knew he would be showering before anything else and she, being the seductive woman she was, sent Jesse a picture of her sunbathing.... with her bikini straps undone at the back. Needless to say, her partner in crime aka Taeyeon's girlfriend aka Sunny y Lee Seductive Sunkyu was the one who took the picture for her. 

“Hwang Miyoung, you little minx. You had it all planned, didn’t you?” Jesse asked, holding onto his phone with o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter