Final [II]

Chances With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany stood in the studio as she held the pencil in her hand, narrowing her eyes at some of the designs she put up on the whiteboard. She had come up with some of those in a hurry to meet a deadline and now looking at it, she couldn't fathom how in the world she managed to sketch it out with her bare hands - some of the designs here were completely trash and definitely not the kind anyone would wear. 

Grabbing some of the sketches from the whiteboard, Tiffany crushed them into paper balls and tossed them over to the trash bin. 

“!”

“Yah, what’s with all the vulgarities going around?”

Tiffany turned around and found Jesse leaning against the doorframe, his arms crossed over his chest as he threw Tiffany a mischievious smile. She pouted and opened her arms, “baby…” Jesse mimicked the pout his girlfriend had and approached Tiffany with open arms as well; he could already tell that Tiffany needed a hug from him so he didn’t bother to . 

“What’s wrong, Fany?” Jesse asked, rocking back and forth on his heels as Tiffany embraced him. He had supported Tiffany in chasing after her dreams to be a fashion designer and now that she was one, the work load was taking its load on her. He frowned when Tiffany just nuzzled her nose into his chest, “baby? Are you feeling okay?”

Letting out a small whine, Tiffany didn’t bother to answer Jesse as she enjoyed the security of his hugs – Jesse always made her feel better because he knew when to stop probing into her business. Granted that girlfriends and boyfriends were supposed to share their burdens with each other, there were some things that needed time to be shared. Jesse knew a lot more about Tiffany than she knew of, and it was going to remain like that till Tiffany was ready to open up.

“My designs are so disgusting…” Tiffany pouted and dug her fingers into the back of Jesse’s button-up shirt, trying to get as much of his warmth as possible. Jesse shook his head and knuckled Tiffany’s forehead playfully, “how can you say that? I’m wearing one of your designs right now, and I’m sure I’m not blind enough to wear disgusting shirts.”

Tiffany pulled away and smacked Jesse’s shoulders, glaring at her boyfriend, “you’re my boyfriend; you’re supposed to wear my designs no matter how ugly they look.” Jesse stuck his tongue out childishly and gave Tiffany a flick on the forehead, “I don’t have to but I’m doing it because I love you and these designs aren’t ugly at all! Maybe a little on the unique side but I promise they aren’t ugly.”

Jesse always had a way with words.

In a matter of five minutes, Tiffany was smiling and laughing instead of how sulky she was before Jesse came. Jesse always made sure to join her during his lunch hour and it made her feel a lot better when he did; Jesse was a businessman now and he was a really busy one at that but he always made time for Tiffany – and it touched her heart greatly. Jesse was almost like the perfect boyfriend but Tiffany always seemed to be too busy for him.

“I’m sorry, baby.”

“Sorry for?”

Tiffany held Jesse’s face in both her palms and she let out a sigh, “I’m sorry I don’t make time for you or join you during my lunch hour like you always do; we’re supposed to do enough for each other but I always feel like you’re giving while I’m taking.” 

A frown appeared on Jesse's face and he pushed Tiffany a little, cupping her face in his palms. He leaned closer and nuzzled his nose against Tiffany's, ignoring the small whines coming from his girlfriend. It was kind of embarrassing for Tiffany since she was at work, but it also made her feel proud that she had someone to flaunt in front of everyone - and her colleagues looked at her with envy whenever Jesse was with her. 

“How can it be that you’re taking when you’re giving a whole lot more of yourself to work?” Jesse chuckled, “all the money’s going to go to our family in the future so I don’t see a problem.”

Tiffany blushed deeply at Jesse casually talking about their future family; for a person who wasn’t a big fan of kids, he was really looking forward to becoming a father. She knows how much of a way they have to go but Tiffany wanted to be with Jesse for the rest of her life – that was the one thing she was sure about; she had never been more sure about anything in her life.

“Our family?”

“Our family.”

 

*

*

 

Dessert on a really hot day was one of the best things in the world; it was even better when Tiffany had Jesse with her, along with her favourite dessert. Jesse was enjoying the sight of Tiffany digging in to her favourite flavoured shaved ice more than eating; Tiffany didn't care about her diet and that's exactly what Jesse loved about her - she only cared about how she looked in front of Jesse, and that was the most important. 

“Enjoying your dessert, Fany?”

“Of course. Aren’t you?”

Tiffany had answered him with her spoon going into , and a couple more spoonful’s following that. She had literally assured him she was enjoying her dessert while answering his question; it was an adorable sight and Jesse loved the way she could eat so freely in front of him – most girlfriends wouldn’t do that because they wouldn’t want their boyfriends to feel turned off.

“Why aren’t you eating, Jesse?” Tiffany asked, her big brown eyes staring at Jesse with a question mark on her face, “you don’t like the flavor you ordered?”

Jesse laughed and reached over, tidying Tiffany’s bangs for her before pushing his bowl of shaved ice closer to her, “you can have mine if yours isn’t enough.” He could swear Tiffany’s eyes literally lit up when she heard his words, and the joy was written all over her face as she dipped her spoon into his bowl, shyly taking a mouthful from his bowl.

The lack of eye-contact made Jesse smile; another rare sighting that Tiffany would get this bashful in front of him - Tiffany had always been the outgoing, daring girlfriend and not one of those daises who couldn't do one honest day's work. Yet, seeing Tiffany get albeit embarrassed and shy once in a while was like a gem to him.

“Anyway, what are you going to do about your designs?”

Tiffany paused for a while, her hand frozen in mid-air as she thought about her answer to Jesse – she didn’t know either. She had a deadline by the end of next week but she still had no inspiration from anywhere. Jesse knew; he knew she was having difficulty with finding some inspiration and it was common sense to know that a designer needs inspiration to produce beautiful designs. 

“If you still need help deciding, you can follow me to the meadow a couple of minutes away from here. I’ll find you some inspiration, Fany, and you won’t be able to thank me enough.”

 

 

Jesse held Tiffany's hand as he led her up the clear green meadow, scattered with small flowers that attracted the birds and insects effortlessly. Tiffany hated the noises from the insects but she wanted to see Jesse smile at the beauty of nature in front of them - he looked so gorgeous when he smiled without a single worry.

Holding Jesse's warm hand, Tiffany leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek for being such a darling. 

“Here’s a ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter