Final [III]

Chances With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“One, two, three and lock! One, two and three, stop!”

Hyoyeon bobbed her head to the music as she watched her students move their bodies along to the steps she had been teaching them for the past month or so. Working as a professional choreographer and a hip-hop teacher, Hyoyeon was doing something she loved. She worked hard on choreographing a dance for these kids; if they didn’t get the hang of it now, they probably wouldn’t anytime soon – one month was a long time to master a song.

“What are you doing, Eunseo?” Hyoyeon exclaimed, her jaw dropping in horror as she looked over at one of her students, “I didn’t teach you to spread your legs in the choreography.”

That particular student blushed but continued to show off her own improvised choreography to her dance teacher, oblivious to the disapproving look she was receiving from everyone – there was a reason why Hyoyeon made sure her students went through screening and an interview before she accepted them. Hyoyeon didn’t like it when there was unnecessary exposure in the choreography, and her students followed her steps to the bone – except this one.

Trying to control her temper, Hyoyeon furrowed her brows and grabbed Eunseo by the corner of her sweater. Eunseo was surprised but she didn’t try to struggle, because she was probably going to get herself hurt.

“In my class,” Hyoyeon muttered in disgust, “we do not have this or that, and I won’t teach you anything in relation to exposing your body parts.”

Eunseo blushed in embarrassment when she heard her classmates laughing; Hyoyeon had emphasized this so many times. Hyoyeon rolled her eyes before stopping the music, walking back towards the front of the dance studio. Her mood was ruined and she wasn't going to continue class for today; furthermore, her students were already finishing the last part.

“Class dismissed.”

The cold tone in Hyoyeon's voice was enough to tell the students that she meant it, and no questions were allowed to be asked today. Hyoyeon was a temperamental instructor and she could flare up at a small mistake but most of all, she was an actual skilled dancer and not one of those fakes who claimed to dance but couldn't dance to save their lives. Another factor was that Hyoyeon was honest, and she wouldn't sugarcoat a negative thing.

“Hmm…”

Hyoyeon looked around and took a deep breath, switching the music on the stereo to a more upbeat song which fit her speed. She swayed her hips lightly to get into the groove, and when the beat dropped, so did the moves she had been forming in her mind. Don’t get her wrong; Hyoyeon loved teaching but she liked to dance alone even more – she always felt more relaxed and her senses calmed when she let the music seep into her veins.

“Hyo?”

Sooyoung should have known that Hyoyeon blocked off all sound when she danced, all she could hear was music – he called for his girlfriend, only to get ignored. He smiled at the other staff who walked past and carefully opened the door, not wanting to distract his girlfriend. Hyoyeon must have encountered some difficulty with her class, and hence, venting her frustration out on her limbs.

Hyoyeon danced and danced, closing her eyes as she let her body move to its instincts. She didn’t even know there was someone admiring her from behind; Sooyoung always gave her space and freedom to do as she pleased. It was only when she finally had enough and opened her eyes, spotting a figure through the mirror.

“ACK!”

Laughter echoed from Sooyoung’s gut and he walked towards Hyoyeon, his arms crossed over his chest, “you finally noticed me?” Hyoyeon rolled her eyes, using her towel to smack him - Sooyoung always disturbed her as and when he liked. 

“Don’t scare me like that.”

“Don’t be a spoilsport.”

Hyoyeon was about to say something when she felt Sooyoung grab her by the waist, pulling her into his arms, “stop being so sneaky, Choi Sooyoung. And I’m so disgusting right now, I can feel the sweat dripping down my back!” Sooyoung whined and tightened his arms around Hyoyeon, snuggling into her shoulder despite the huge amount of sweat he could feel against his own body.

“I don’t care if you’re sweaty or gross or greasy, I will hug you if I want to,” Sooyoung uttered; he meant those words with all his heart. They had been through more than just pure dirt and mud, it didn’t matter much to Sooyoung. “If I miss you, I will hug you. If I want to be close to you, I will hug you.”

Tears started to well up in Hyoyeon’s eyes at Sooyoung’s words; from enemies to ual friends to actual lovers – who ever believe their tale of becoming a couple? They had been through a hell of a ride; Hyoyeon inflicted irreversible pain on Sooyoung but she loved him so much, and it was evident. It was more than enough for Sooyoung though, knowing how much Hyoyeon loved and adored him - nothing could beat sincere love.

“I’m more used to your naughty side, not your cheesy side,” Hyoyeon revealed softly, both her hands placed on Sooyoung’s broad and toned chest, “you should really stop learning from Yuri before you turn into a cringeworthy cheeseball like him.”

Outrageous laughter left Sooyoung’s gut as he listened to Hyoyeon describe Yuri very honestly; she always knew how to make him laugh so effortlessly. The more he thought about it, the more he realised how compatible they were – they weren’t serious about too much; they were both temperamental and could get in each other’s faces; they could make anyone laugh easily – and they both were passionate about their own interests.

It was really wonderful.

Sooyoung was an actual food critic now; the teasing and mockery that came from his relatives and friends actually came to life. He was probably one of the food critics that rarely travelled overseas since he wanted to stay in Seoul with Hyoyeon – but that was fine, he was still getting paid a decent amount of money. Hyoyeon was earning her own keep as a professional choreographer slash dance instructor so she was fine if Sooyoung wanted to take a break from his food criticism. 

“Wanna dance?”

Sooyoung held Hyoyeon at one arm’s length and gently dipped his head, holding out a hand for his girlfriend. Hyoyeon blushed lightly and took Sooyoung’s hand, letting him take the lead – in fact, Sooyoung was a great dancer as well. Gently pulling Hyoyeon to the middle of the room, Sooyoung placed both hands on her waist and put hers in his shoulders as slow music started to play.

Hyoyeon curled her arms around Sooyoung’s neck and looked into his eyes shyly, “you’re really learning too much…” Sooyoung smiled and winked at Hyoyeon mischieviously, “it’s always good to be a little romantic y’know, it’s so much better than bickering all the time.”

Dancing together after years was still something Sooyoung got excited over, because when the music changed, so would Hyoyeon's style of dancing. They had gone to the club once and when the music changed from hiphop to y, Hyoyeon started grinding against his lower half and they almost ended the night with public if Taeyeon hadn't stopped the both of them. 

Now that he was holding Hyoyeon in his arms, an involuntary sense of guilt overcame him again - he would always feel a little bad about Eunhyuk since he pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter