Chapter 22

Chances With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona stood in front of Yuri with teary eyes, she promised that she wouldn’t cry before they had to enter the departure hall but she couldn’t hold it in. Her boyfriend was going to leave for training and he would probably come back in about 2 weeks. She was so used to seeing Yuri everyday for the past few months, how could she suddenly not see him for two weeks?

“Hey, hey… What did you promise me?” Yuri placed his palms against Yoona’s cheeks, lifting her face so their eyes could meet, “I’m going to miss you so much.”

Yoona mumbled and snuggled her face into his shoulder, her fingers locked behind his waist. “I will miss you too, Yoong. We’ll skype and talk on the phone everyday, that’s a promise I’ll keep to you.” Yuri whispered, closing his eyes before placing his lips on her head. Yoona held Yuri’s waist and brought their bodies closer together, she really needed to tell Yuri this, “be strong.” Yuri knew Yoona was saying this because he already explained everything about his past to her the night before.

She didn't know if Yuri was angry with or just plain hurt by his past. 

 

Flashback.

Mrs Kwon was having a hard time trying to control her emotions, she had fallen way too deep into depression and she couldn’t seem to pull herself out of it. Yuri was the first to realize that Mrs Kwon was having problems because Yura was too busy with her schoolwork. “Y-Yuri… I don’t know what to do about this anymore…” Mrs Kwon sobbed as she hugged her son tightly.

Yuri was taken aback by Mrs Kwon’s sudden behaviour; he had just finished his training with Sooyoung and he came home to his mother who was breaking down. “What is happening, Umma? Talk to me!” Mrs Kwon whimpered into Yuri’s neck, her heart was being shattered by the sudden revelation.

“Your Appa… Y-Your Appa has been involved in human trafficking… a-and…” Yuri was already blown away by the news he had just learnt, he couldn’t imagine what else there was. He was completely stunned, how could his father who always emphasized on being courageous and upright be on the opposite side of the spectrum? “What else?” Yuri’s voice dropped to a whisper, his mind blanked out at the thought of everything negative going through his mind.

Mrs Kwon sniffled a couple of times, letting Yuri wipe her tears with his thumbs, “H-He was g-going to sell your sister after h-he bribed s-someone to test her out…”

What the .

Yuri fell backwards and collapsed onto the sofa at Mrs Kwon’s words. He badly wanted this to be a dream; he slapped himself a couple of times, trying to wake up from this horrible nightmare. “Yuri! Stop this at once!” Mrs Kwon shouted through her tears, holding Yuri’s hands from hurting himself. “Why the hell would he do that?! HOW COULD HE?!”

Flashback end. 

 

And Yoona’s heart was literally in pieces after she saw Yuri break down in front of her very eyes last night. Yuri was always the mood-maker; the one who made everyone smile as much as possible but who would ever suspect that he harboured such a painful memory? Not forgetting that her best friend, Kwon Yura was at the mere age of only fifteen and she was almost sold to a brothel.

Who knew Mr Kwon could be such a scoundrel behind that loving father?

“I will, baby. I have to be strong for both you and Yura.” Yuri smiled widely, giving Yoona sniff kisses on her adorable cheeks. Yoona had to be the happiest girlfriend living on this planet, she was so proud of Yuri for being strong despite their painful past. “Good… Continue staying that way.” Yuri nodded and rested his chin atop Yoona’s head, kissing her hair time and again.

Tiffany was a big mess, her mascara and make up already messed up after crying her heart out. Jesse didn’t know how to comfort his girlfriend because once Tiffany’s tears started; there would be no end to it. “Yah… You’re crying like I’m never gonna come back to you…” Jesse whined, swaying Tiffany from side to side. Tiffany covered her red face and peeked at Jesse in between the gaps of her fingers, “Maybe you won’t!” Tiffany cried out and Jesse was taken aback at her response, “Aigoo… I’ll always come back for you, I love you so much.”

Hyoyeon watched both couples with a small smile on her face, she admired both Yoona and Tiffany for having a wonderful relationship like this; one where the connection would remain strong even if they were miles away. She gasped when she felt a pair of arms going around her waist, “If you think you’re escaping from me, it’s not gonna happen…” Hyoyeon leaned back into Sooyoung’s embrace, holding his arms to keep them in place. “I knew I wouldn’t be able to anyway…” Sooyoung grinned in complete satisfaction after hearing what Hyoyeon had to say.

“Promise me you’ll come back?” Hyoyeon whispered, her head nicely tucked into Sooyoung’s neck. She didn’t feel this afraid of being lonely until this very moment, Sooyoung wasn’t going to be around for two weeks. Sooyoung never felt how needed he was until he needed to leave, “why wouldn’t I? I have you waiting for me right here.”

 

FINAL BOARDING CALL FOR LOS ANGELES.

 

Everyone felt their breaths hitch as they heard the last call, their hearts unwilling to part with their lovers. Taeyeon and Sunny, being the eldest had to be the ones to guide the rest. “I promise I’ll be waiting for you…” Sunny whispered and leaned towards his ear, giving it a gentle nip. Taeyeon suddenly didn’t want to go for training anymore, all he wanted to do was to be with Sunny for the rest of his days.

Yoona couldn’t stop her tears from flowing any longer, she had been with Yuri the longest among the four couples so naturally, it would be harder to let go of him. “Yoong, look at me…” Yuri cupped Yoona’s cheeks and caressed them tenderly, he wouldn’t let go of Yoona for the world but he wouldn’t ditch his brothers e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter