Epilogue [IV]

Chances With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“SSAM!! OVER HERE!!”

The big group of children were as rowdy as a bunch of rebellious teenagers; the only difference being the presence of a guiding figure. They loved it when this particular teacher was around to be with them, because she might be strict but she knew when to have fun and games too. She was like this motherly figure in the kindergarten, most likely because she knew how to analyse children due to her psychology degree.

“Sunny-noona?”

Sunny smiled and bent down to one of the boys’ eye level, “yes, Seokjin? And I didn’t you to call me Ssam like all of them do? Why are you still calling me noona?”

Seokjin blushed all the way to the tip of his ears as his favourite teacher stood in front of him; he was always teased for having a huge crush on their teacher. He even did a shout-out to her after one of their concerts; even his parents were rather amused by his huge crush on her. Sunny, on the other hand, she enjoyed watching the little boy try and express himself desperately; Seokjin was adorable and he always tried to impress her. It was cuter every time he did it, even Taeyeon was fond of him.

“I… I need to go pee…”

Oh God.

Sunny felt her composure crumble at the sight of the cute boy blushing in front of her, almost as if he had just said something insanely embarrassing. She had never escorted a group on her own before but the male teacher that was supposed to be her partner today wasn’t here due to some family issues so she ended up being in charge of everyone – which almost meant that she would be the one bringing Seokjin and all the other boys to the toilet as well.

Approaching the nearest security guard, Sunny asked her to take care of the kids while she brought the little boy with her to the toilet or his bladder would burst.

“Seokjin-ah, I’ll wait for you outside. Go and finish your business,” Sunny patted his head and smiled, “take your time.”

 

The group of children outside were patiently waiting for their teacher, though not in the quietest way. They were just like any other group of kids, excitedly exploring one of Korea’s most popular art museums. They had also unexpectedly caught attention of a certain prominent figure in the art industry after buzzing about a particular painting placed in front of them. The figure just chuckled to himself, walking to stand beside the painting they were all fussing over. 

“Do you know the lady in this painting, children?”

A girl nudged a boy and whispered, “isn’t that Ssam? Didn’t she bring Seokjin to the toilet? Why is she in the painting?”

“Yah, pabo. This ahjussi knows Ssam!”

Needless to say, the children were now split into two groups – one trying to figure out why their teacher was in the painting and the other group trying to figure out who this man in front of them was. This man had literally just moved in and started asking them about the painting without any introduction whatsoever, leaving them in slight suspicion. Their suspicions and thoughts were interrupted when their teacher came back with a still-blushing Seokjin, giggling at her adorable admirer. 

“Kids?”

“Ssam!” the same little girl came running to her teacher and tugged on Sunny’s skirt, “there’s an ahjussi asking us questions about you!”

Sunny instantly knew who it was; the past few groups of students had already gone through this similar routine before. She was going to get him for this time though; her favourite group of students seemed to be so scared of him. Holding the little girl's hand, Sunny rejoined the group and calmed the kids down, ignoring the intense gaze she was receiving from the prominent figure beside her. 

“Remember Ssam telling you about the famous but unknown artist who painted a chocolate palace and had a pastel-coloured car in the shape of a marshmallow?”

“YES!”       

“This is the artist,” Sunny giggled when she saw the man beside her turn a little pink; he wasn’t used to receiving praises to his face. She felt her smile grow even wider at the words she was about to say, “and my husband, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon adored the way almost every child's jaw dropped in slow-motion, unable to digest the surprising bit of information they had just received. He wrapped one arm around Sunny's shoulder and pushed his wife's head, bursting into laughter when the kids were all laughing too. He loved making fun of his wife whenever the elementary kids were around since it always made Sunny become a blushing woman all over again. They were both busy but it was nice to have these kind of moments every once in a while. 

Sunny forced a smile and pinched Taeyeon’s arm, muttering her words between gritted teeth, “I’ll get you back for this later. You better be careful.”

Damn it. 

 

“Seriously, babe,” Sunny took a sip from her ice latte and looked at her husband sitting opposite her, “what were you doing at work today? I thought you were supposed to be taking care of Kyungsan at home.”

Taeyeon just grinned sheepishly at his wife, knowing he was indeed in charge of their son for the day. He handed Kyungsan over to Jesse and Tiffany for the day since they only had one daughter, who was old enough to take care of herself. He wanted to come and visit them after knowing that Sunny was solely in charge today, afraid that it would be too hard on his wife. Sunny was a supermum but she was no superwoman; not everyone could handle a group of almost twenty kids on her own.

“So where’s Kyungsan now?”

“He’s with Fany,” Taeyeon twirled his pasta on a fork and held it in front of his precious wife (who was busy staring at his food with hungry eyes). He stuck his tongue out at his wife when she glared at him, “eat up, baby.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter