Chapter 18

Chances With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yul, hurry up. Oppas and Unnies are waiting outside.” Yoona nagged at Yuri who was busy dragging their bags down the stairs. 

Yuri huffed and lifted the bags, walking down with a masculine aura surrounding him. He wanted to show off to Yoona that he was doing fine. “I'm here, let's go.” Yuri said nonchalantly and walked out of the door, going towards the black car. Jesse saw him and chuckled, seeing him bite his lips to control his facial expressions.

“Come on, Yul.”

Jesse stretched out his arms and Yuri let out a sigh of relief, throwing the bag at the blonde. Yoona giggled as she locked the front door, she knew Yuri was suffering with the weight of their bags.

The 7 of them were going to ride in a 7-seater vehicle with Hyoyeon calling shotgun. Sooyoung was going to drive since he was the only one who wasn't feeling tired at the moment. 

“Aigoo, we should have chosen to stay in Seoul instead of Busan. The drive is 4 hours.” Jesse complained and shut the trunk, going into the middle seats where Tiffany and Sunny was. 

Yuri and Yoona were sitting in the back row where there were only 2 spaces for them to fit in. The two immediately started cuddling and ignored the slight commotion going on between Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. 

“I said you can sleep if you're tired, Hyoyeon-ah. Why are you so stubborn?” Sooyoung face palmed and stared at the pouting blonde next to him. “I just wanted to keep you company...” Hyoyeon mumbled under her breath and turned away, looking out of the window. 

The two of them were unaware that all eyes were now on them, waiting to see what Sooyoung would to coax Hyoyeon. 

“Aigoo… Okay, you can stay awake and keep me company...”

Sooyoung wrapped his arms around Hyoyeon's waist, leaning his chin on Hyoyeon's shoulder. He felt the girl jump and he grinned, loving her adorable reaction. Hyoyeon blushed and turned around before she kissed Sooyoung's cheeks shyly. Gone was the that always built up between them when she was still dating Eunhyuk. 

Everyone cheered and gave them teasing stares when Hyoyeon turned behind and Sooyoung through the rear mirror. Anticipating Yuri's prankster instincts, they stayed silent and there it came. 

“So when's the wedding?”

 

-

 

“Oppa, they're really coming over?” Hayeon cheered, dancing around in her apron. She was busy preparing some afternoon snacks for their grandmother. 

“Yah, don't spill th---”

The bowl of soup that was sitting on the edge of the sink had been knocked over by Hayeon since she was dancing around like a little penguin. 

Hayeon giggled and covered , “Oops.” Taeyeon smacked her head and bent down, cleaning the floor with a cloth. He knew it was bound to happen, knowing how clumsy his sister could be sometimes. 

“What was that sound?” Halmeoni came in and looked at Hayeon who was still giggling, watching her brother clean up her mess like he did in the past. “Who else but this dummy making a fool of herself again?” Taeyeon pointed at Hayeon with the cloth and rolled his eyes, washing the dirty cloth. 

Halmeoni sighed and walked into the kitchen, walking towards Hayeon. She lifted her hand and pinched Hayeon's ear, twisting it. “Halmeoni…” Hayeon whined, holding onto her ear. Taeyeon smiled and walked towards Halmeoni, massaging her shoulders. 

“Halmeoni, it's okay. What matters is no one got hurt and your precious bowl isn't broken, right? You can let go of this whiny dummy here.” Taeyeon brought Halmeoni back to the living room and raised thumbs up behind his back. 

Hayeon giggled and thanked her elder brother mentally, she could always depend on Taeyeon to get out of trouble with anyone else. 

To: Hayeon

Hayeon-ah!

We’re on our way now.

See you x

From: Sooyoung-oppa

She giggled and placed her phone back into her pocket, bending down to clear the mess she made on the floor. 

Taeyeon was walking around the park near his house alone, his hands in his pockets. He hadn't told any of his brothers about the odd phone call he had received when he was on the way to the train station. 

 

Flashback. 

Taeyeon was in the train, ignoring his tears that were falling non-stop. He wasn't as strong as everyone made him out to be, his heart kept going back to Sunny. 

Suddenly, his phone vibrated in his pocket. 

“Hello?”

“Kim Taeyeon! What did you tell Sunny?”

“Huh?”

Sungmin was practically screaming from the other side of the line, “Don't take that bloody pretentious tone with me. She broke up with me this morning!”

“Okay... What has that got to do with me?”

Taeyeon was genuinely confused. He had already left the house and he was on his way to his hometown so what exactly was Sungmin so angry about? 

“You told her about me kissing other people.”

“Don't accuse me. I don't do that . Whatever Sunny is involved in, it has nothing to do with me anymore. You deserve it anyway. You treat her like , you know that?” 

To say that he was angry was an understatement. If everyone could see just how badly Sungmin had been treating Sunny, they would be angry too. 

“Whatever, bye.”

Flashback end. 

 

Taeyeon didn't want to believe Sungmin's words but it sounded too real for him to be flaring up like that. Sunny wouldn't have broken up with Sungmin, right? 

She had just given him a tight slap the other day and now, the two had broken up. What was Sunny even thinking when she did everything? 

 

-

 

“YURI-OPPA!” Hayeon screamed, running into Yuri's arms. 

Sooyoung, Jesse and the girls took turns to greet Hayeon. It had been far too long since they had met. “Hayeon-ah, where's your brother?” Yuri looked around the house, realizing that Taeyeon and his grandmother were both not around. 

Hayeon pointed to the lighted up tree house and dragged Yoona along with her to the garden, the girls following them behind. 

The guys needed a serious talk with Taeyeon. 

“AYO KIM!” Jesse greeted and slapped the back of Taeyeon's head. 

Taeyeon stood up and gave them hugs before the 4 of them sat down in a serious atmosphere. Yuri, Jesse and Sooyoung exchanged glance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter