Final [IV]

Chances With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny pouted when she saw where they were; why couldn't they go to a restaurant or something? Who in the world goes to a driving circuit when they're on a date?! Taeyeon was a good driver and he enjoyed it but Sunny didn't, because she didn't even have a license yet. She was dating a completely unromantic and straightforward guy; Kim Taeyeon was not a romantic person - damn it. 

Groaning, Sunny pulled her hand from Taeyeon’s, “I’m not going on any more dates planned by you.” Taeyeon pouted at his girlfriend and held onto her arm, “why? What did I do wrong?” He had to rack his brains to come up with an idea about what to do today since it was his turn to bring her out for a date. Sunny rolled her eyes and walked ahead of her boyfriend; Taeyeon was so clueless.

“Driving on our date… goddamn it.”

“Driving?”

Sunny turned around and found Taeyeon staring at her with a confused look this time; weren’t they supposed to be at a driving circuit? She cocked an eyebrow and pointed over to the other cars parked along the circuit which had barriers to separate the racing circuit and the practice area. Taeyeon almost burst out laughing when he realised what Sunny was thinking; he would never bring her to get a driving license when they were on a date.

Taeyeon approached Sunny slowly and wrapped his arms around her waist, “am I that unromantic to you, baby?” Sunny tried to turn around and face Taeyeon but he didn’t let her; Taeyeon resumed talking, “look beyond the circuit, cutie.”

Following Taeyeon’s finger, Sunny almost gasped when she saw the art gallery behind the circuit. She didn’t mind because appreciating art was kind of a skill itself and she loved admiring art, because Taeyeon could be a renowned artist one day. Taeyeon was a small-scale artist who did art for people who needed help, but he was now renowned yet. Sunny was now a children’s psychologist, who formed a strong bond with all her patients. 

“An art gallery?”

“Yeah, I want you to see some of the most famous works because I want my art to be that famous one day.”

Taeyeon blushed as he said it, but he meant those words deeply – being famous for his art was more important than anything else.

Art was a form of release for many people who expressed their thoughts through colours and shapes; some did it for fun and some did it to keep themselves sane – Taeyeon used to do it as a kid, more of the latter, really. He had Sunny now so art was becoming more of a beautiful sight rather than something he did to calm his emotions. Surprisingly, his art was much better than when he did it for emotion-sake.

Sunny snapped him out of his thoughts when she placed a hand on his chest, the other cupping his cheek tenderly, “I’m sure you will be famous for your art, Tae. You just need to be more patient.” Taeyeon smiled, thankful for his girlfriend who always knew the right words to say at the right time – it was a true blessing to have Sunny by his side.

“Thanks for having my back, baby.”

“I’m your baby for a reason, Taeyeon.”

 

*

 

Taeyeon ran from masterpiece to masterpiece, completely unaware of the amused gaze coming from Sunny who was holding onto Taeyeon’s jacket; she hadn’t even moved from the first piece of art. She preferred to take her time and analyse the art piece in her own manner – it was just second nature now that she was a psychologist; analysing people was also a part of her job now. 

“Hurry up, Sunkyu!”

“Geez, no one’s chasing after you.”

Sunny ignored Taeyeon's stomping of feet and turned to the right, facing a masterpiece of the 'Starry Night' done by Vincent Van Gogh - this was Taeyeon's favourite of all. She too had a strong liking for this art; the meaning behind it was deeper than anyone could have imagined. Taeyeon wanted to be as noble as Van Gogh, and be well-known for his works even after his death. 

“Sunkyu, aren’t you spending a little too long just for one piece?” Taeyeon came up behind his girlfriend, holding Sunny’s waist gently, “we have loads of other pieces to see, y’know.”

Slapping Taeyeon’s arm, Sunny just patted his cheek and smiled, “I want to have my own way in admiring art, okay? You know my psychology instincts just kick in and I can’t even help it.” Taeyeon shrugged and shoved his hands into his pockets; Sunny had warned him long before that these things just happened without knowing it – he still chose to come to an art gallery.

Taeyeon just walked ahead, scanning the art pieces – he wanted his art to be framed up here once at least. He wanted to provide for Sunny in the future so she could just relax at home; Sunny loved kids, clearly and she had hinted to him a few times – there were going to be kids if they were going to spend the rest of their lives together. Being an artist, Taeyeon could bring in enough money for Sunny to be a housewife could focus on taking care of their kids.

“Taengoo?”

Sunny didn’t even realise her boyfriend was so far ahead, and she looked up only to surprise herself – Taeyeon was close to going out of her sight. “This boy…” Sunny muttered to herself, hurrying her footsteps to catch up with Taeyeon; Taeyeon was such a fast-paced person.

Truth be told, Sunny would be the one proposing if Taeyeon doesn't do it soon; she was not getting any younger and the risk would be higher if they were going to have kids - what if the kids were at risk of getting Down Syndrome? Won't they be ostracized and teased by other normal kids? Sunny didn't want her children to ever be treated that way; it was harsh, uncalled for and incredibly negative.

Her conversation with Taeyeon's grandmother was still so vivid in her mind.

 

Flashback.

Taeyeon had gone to the studio where he’s the only one allowed in to concentrate on his art, leaving Sunny at home with his grandmother and his sister. Sunny was on leave today and she volunteered to take care of them since she had to brush up on her knowledge too. He could relax with Sunny taking care of them; Hayeon was still a baby in all senses of the word - if anything, she was going to annoy their grandmother. 

“Sunkyu, come and sit beside Halmeoni.”

“Yes, Halmeoni?”

Sunny put down her psychology binder and walked over to her grandmother, sitting beside the elderly woman on a rocking chair. She waited for their grandmother to piece her words together first; the elderly woman seemed to have something serious to say. “Sunkyu, what do you think about having kids soon?” Sunny’s cheeks warmed themselves but she did think about it, very often at that.

Old Mrs Kim was proud of Sunny, knowing what exactly she had done to win Taeyeon back. Taeyeon has been in love with Sunny for the longest time and he had told their grandmother multiple times, hoping to ease the pain he had due to the thought that he would never have Sunny. Now that Sunny was here and practically in their family now, Taeyeon was a keeper but so was Sunny.

“I’ll take that as you’re having a basketball team then?”

“Halmeoni…”

Oh God; how could she be having this conversation with their grandmother? To think their grandmother was targeting even more kids than she had ever imagined.

Flashback end.

 

“Sunny?”

“YAH SUNKYU!”

Taeyeon shook his girlfriend by the shoulders, trying to get her to reality again; Sunny had been walking and walking unconsciously and now they were at the end of the gallery. Sunny felt her eyeballs shake up and down uncontrollably; Taeyeon needed to stop shaking her. She slapped his hands a couple of times and glared at him, feeling the world getting a little blurry at how rough he was.

Sunny smacked Taeyeon’s forehead, “Yah, no one shakes their lover like that when they’re not in reality!” Taeyeon just leaned forward and rested his forehead against Sunny’s, making his girlfriend squirm. Sunny tried to push Taeyeon away but failed, her cheeks flushing madly at the amount of attention they were starting to receive. 

“Taengoo, for goodness’ sakes, we’re in public…” Sunny rolled her eyes and caressed Taeyeon’s cheeks before pushing the latter off completely; Taeyeon couldn’t fight with her when it came to public display of affection. Taeyeon pouted and walked behind his girlfriend; Sunny was the boss in this relationship. He sighed, “damn it… if only I could win over her for once.”

The next time Taeyeon looked up, he found Sunny talking to a man nearer the exit; an unfamiliar one at that – who the heck could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter