Chapter 24

Chances With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona sat in the living room with her laptop on her lap, her eyes casually scanning the news site for something interesting to read. She liked being rich but at the same time, it left her with nothing to do most of the time. She was free and bored but then again; being poor wasn’t something she wanted – might as well treasure the things she has right now.

The door banged open; revealing a panting Sunny, “Yoong, have you read the news?” Yoona furrowed her eyebrows and quickly sat up, moving to let Sunny sit beside her. She gave Sunny her glass of water and asked, “what news, Unnie? I just my laptop.” Sunny gulped down the water and took deep breaths before replying, “Uncle Kwon was arrested last night.”

“Arrested?” Yoona mumbled. She grabbed her phone and checked for messages from Yuri; though Yuri had an intense hate for Mr Kwon, Yoona knew Yuri still had a soft spot for him – Mr Kwon was his father after all.

 

Yul bb  baby, are you okay? Yul...  can you call me now? hey, yoong...  hey, sweetie how are you feeling? i'm fine don't worry no, it's texts like this that make me worry call me now

 

And call her he did; her phone started ringing almost a minute later. Yoona stopped whatever she was doing immediately and received the call, “Hello, Yul? Baby, are you okay? Is everything okay?” All Yoona could hear was Yuri's unsteady breathing on the other side of the phone and she instantly knew there was something wrong, “Yuri… tell me, what exactly is happening?” 

“Taeyeon-hyung… he… he was brought in for questioning.”

“WHAT?!”

Sunny jumped when she heard Yoona shout, her heart almost leaping out of her chest. “What’s wrong, Yoong?” Yoona held out a hand and motioned for Sunny to wait till the call ended as she left the living room to head into the kitchen. As Yoona continued to speak to Yuri in the kitchen, Sunny could feel her eyelid twitching; there was something very wrong about to happen.

Yet, before she could find Yoona, the front door had swung open with a loud bang and revealed the panting Hyoyeon and Tiffany; so much for enjoying a good breakfast together.

“YAH! DID YOU SEE THE NEWS?!”

“Yes, I saw the news. I just told Yoong about it so she’s speaking to Yul on the phone now.” 

Tiffany and Hyoyeon looked at each other, both rather worried that Sunny didn't manage to see the second part of the news segment. “Which part of the news did you see, Sunkyu?” Hyoyeon asked seriously, sitting beside Sunny.

Sunny furrowed her eyebrows and hugged a cushion to herself, “you mean there’s more than one portion of the news? I saw Uncle Kwon getting arrested so I turned it off and came home right away.” Tiffany sighed and sat on Sunny's other side, taking her hand into her own. She knew Sunny would need support for the upcoming news. 

“Why are the both of you behaving like this?” Sunny asked, looking back and forth between Tiffany and Hyoyeon, “what’s going on?”

“Taeyeon was brought in for questioning this morning.” 

Yoona came out of the kitchen at the same time, her expression just as serious as Tiffany's. She didn't know what was happening, only that they had to fly over to the men's training area. “Unnies… Yura was also brought in for questioning.”  

Okay if Mr Kwon was arrested then it was normal for Yura to be questioned in order to know what happened in the past. Furthermore, Yoona was aware of what Mr Kwon tried to make Yura do so she completely understood but the one thing odd about this entire thing was...

Why was Taeyeon being questioned?

 

 

-

 

 

Yuri, Jesse and Sooyoung sat outside the interrogation room, albeit shocked and surprised at why Taeyeon was being questioned along with Mr Kwon. “Hyung, what do you think Taeyeon-hyung did in order for him to be brought in like a criminal?” Sooyoung asked; his hands were tightly intertwined, saying a mental prayer to himself. 

Jesse shook his head; there were too many things going on his mind right now and it wasn't going to do anyone good if he said something wrong. Yuri, on the other hand, hoped that Taeyeon was not involved in any operations his father had carried out in the past. Granted that Taeyeon was young back then, he would do anything to repay his gratitude. 

Taeyeon sat in his seat in silence, not being able to face the interrogators in the eye. He knew that not saying anything would put him in a strong disadvantage but he couldn’t simply blurt out everything he knew like that; he wasn’t that kind of person.

“Taeyeon-ssi, you really need to start telling us what we know or we’ll have to detain you for the night.”

No, he didn’t want to be detained but he didn’t want to make the punishment on Mr Kwon tougher than it already is. Mr Kwon has done so much for Taeyeon ever since he was young, telling on him was really not the way to repay him. 

“I’m sorry.”

Looks like their investigations won't be complete anytime soon; Taeyeon obviously had no plans on betraying Mr Kwon even though he was already sitting there with his head on the chopping block. With a sigh, the officers left the interrogation room and met with the three men sitting outside anxiously.

“Officer,” Jesse stood up, “why was he brought in for questioning?”

The officer rubbed his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter