...her last smile

BY BLOOD

 

Jaejoong slowly opened his eyes. He felt so dizzy that time, but he saw a figure sitting beside his bed. The figure was blurry; his eyes were not helping him at all. He felt someone was holding his hand, a very familiar touch. He tried to speak but only a moan left his throat. His whole body seemed so dumb and he can’t even move his hand. He was thirsty, but he can’t reach for the glass beside his bed. He moaned once again, and then he saw the figure moved.

 

 “Oppa…?” the figure said.

 

The sound was so familiar to him, with the speck of strength that was left of him and called her sister’s name.

 

“M…Mimi…?”

 

“Oppa!” she exclaimed.

 

He can’t see her clearly but he was so sure that it was her sister. He gave her a weak smile and felt her hand squeezed his.

 

 

 

 

Rei was so sleepy; it’s been days since she got her usual 8 hours of sleep.  She was sitting on the side of Jaejoong’s bed when she felt her head getting so heavy; she lay down and went to dreamland without even noticing it.

 

Someone was , Rei was not sure if she was still in dreamland. She gently opened her eyes and looked around. It was her Oppa, his eyes were open but he seemed that he couldn’t see her.

 

“Oppa…?” she started to get excited. Her Oppa finally woke up.

 

 

“M…Mimi?” he moaned.

 

Rei was so happy that she cried as she squeezed his hand. She stood up and gently kissed his head. He was out of danger, Rei knew it.

 

“I..Im…so…rry…” he said.

 

“Shh…. Don't talk…. Everything’s okay now.” She don’t want him to force himself.

 

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes once again but that time, he knew he has the reason to live again and a bright morning awaited him.

 

 

 

“Yoona’s in trouble now.” Yoochun informed Rei. They were at the Kitchen and Rei was cooking soup for Jaejoong.

 

“Oppa… I really don't want to talk about her.” Yoona always ruin her mood, but she didn’t allow her that time. She put some salt and tasted it. She smiled, satisfied by the taste.

 

“Can I have that too?” Yoochun requested.

 

“Nope.”  She said without looking at him.

 

Yoochun pouted. “Yah! Just a little!”

 

Rei shook her head once again. “This is for Oppa.”

 

“And I’m not your Oppa anymore? Is that what you are trying to say?” He said. He tried to sound as mad as possible.

 

Rei suddenly turned to him. “Oppa?”

 

“I understand now…” he started to walk away.

 

“Oppa!” she called him but he didn’t turn around as if he didn’t hear her call.

 

“Yah!” she started to tear up. 

‘It’s easy for him to turn away now, just because he has a new girl. Hmmmp!’ she said under her breath.

 

Yoochun noticed that she stopped calling him; he turned around and saw her deathly glares at him.

 

“You can go now!” she shouted back.

 

“Weh?” he went to her.  “I’m just joking.”

 

“I’m not!”

 

“Okay… I’m sorry.”

 

“I said it’s for Oppa.”

 

“I understand.” He smiled at her.

 

“I hate it when you do that.”

 

He pinched her cheeks sweetly.

 

‘Gosh I missed that.’ She secretly thought.

 

“Forgive me now?” he asked.

 

She nodded with a smile.

 

 

 

 

Yoochun helped Rei bring the food upstairs to Jaejoong. He was awake when they came. Rei rushed to his side immediately.

 

“Oppa?” she said smiling to him. Yoochun put the on the table across his bed.

 

“Hyung.”

 

He gave them a weak smile. He was happy to see them especially his sister. He thought he was just dreaming last night but he was wrong. His sister was beside her, flesh and blood.

 

“I made a soup for you. You have to eat it.” Yoochun just watched them from behind. “You are so busy that you forgot to eat for a week.” Rei was trying joke around because her eyes were tearing again.

 

Jaejoong nodded helplessly while Yoochun looked at her sadly.

 

Rei assisted him; she carefully put the spoon to his mouth. He sipped it slowly. After a few moments, Jaejoong refuse to take it.

 

“Oppa? You have to be strong. You have to finish this.” She begged.

 

Jaejoong had no choice but to follow, Rei was determined to make him healthy once again.

 

She was glad to see him eating again. She felt a tear left her eye. Jae gave him a questioning look, worried.  She quickly wiped it and smiled.

 

“Don't mind me. I’m okay.”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

Rei shook her head. “From now on… I will only believe in you Oppa.” She then looked down.

 

Jaejoong was so happy that time that he could not ask for more.

 

 

Yoochun looked at them, pleased. What more could be happier than to see his friend and his love back to the way they are.

 

 

 

 

 

 


The next morning….

 

Jaejoong was slowly regaining his strength. Rei made sure that he won’t miss even a single bite. He can truly smile now. They were joking when Yoochun entered his room.

 

“Good morning!” his smile reached his ears. “Hi princess, Hyung… how are you?”

 

“I’m okay before you came.”

 

“Shhh…. Don't say that… I helped take care of you.” he said with overflowing energy. He was just so happy that day.

 

Jaejoong noticed the bandage on his head.

 

“Yoochun ahh-.” He called.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“What happened to your head?”

 

Rei who was playing with Jaejoong’s phone beside his bed suddenly looked at him. Junsu said the he let their car fly. She didn’t have to think about it because she was just too happy to see him.

 

“Ah… this?” Yoochun touched the bandage and smiled at them. “Nothing, I just stepped on the brake… hard.”

 

“Ah Oppa?” Rei can’t believe it.

 

“That was serious.” She stood up and went to study his forehead.

 

“It’s okay now, they will remove the stitches after few days.” He smiled so sweetly at her. He was obviously enjoying the moment, Rei looking at his forehead, their face so closed to each other. One word-heaven.

 

Jaejoong noticed his weird smile. He shook his head in disbelief. Yoochun was loving the moment, Rei was so innocent that she didn’t even noticed his super broad smile.

 

“Yah…” he hated it, he wanted to shout but his voice had backfired him. “Yah!” he tried again, finally he succeeded.

 

“Hyung?” Yoochun was forced to look at him. He wanted to savor the moment.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Huh?” he scratched hi head.

 

But Rei batted in for him. “Ah Oppa… he will help me take care of you.”

 

Yoochun nodded exaggeratedly but Jaejoong gave him a stern look. He looked away as an answer. He then remembered something. He suddenly lifted the paper bag for Jaejoong to see.

 

“What’s that?” he said puzzled.

 

“I bought you some kimbap.”

 

“Really?” Jaejoong’s mouth suddenly watered.

 

“Yes.” He got it out of the bag.

 

“What’s that?” Rei was not familiar with it.

 

“Ah… sushi… Korean way.” He explained.

 

“Ahh…”

 

“He can eat solid food now right?” he turned to her.

 

“Not too much.”

 

“Let me taste that.” Jae commanded and Yoochun put one in his mouth.

 

The taste made his stomach growl. Yoochun and Rei both looked at him then laughed.

 

“Rei, try it too. Ah…”

 

“Huh?” he already put one on before she could even react.

 

She chewed and was satisfied.

 

“You like it?” Yoochun asked staring straightly at her. It made her blush but she immediately looked away.

 

“Huh?” Yoochun was puzzled.

 

“I like it.” She then said.

 

“Really?” he smiled.

 

‘Oppa… please stop doing that…’she felt her blood coming to her face once again but to her dismay he one again stuffed another kimbap into .

 

Her eyes grew bigger in disbelief.

 

Jaejoong was just starring at them all the while. Then… he coughed for them to recognize his presence in his OWN room.

 

“Oppa?”

 

“Hyung?”

 

“Are those kimbap really for me?”

 

“Yes.” Yoochun answered.

 

“Then why are giving them all to Mimi?”

 

Yoochun was shocked and Rei looked down.

 

“Sorry.” Yoochun said.

 

‘Yah! Park Yoochun. Better behave well today.’Jaejoong said under his breath.

 

 

 

 

 

“What are your plans now?” Yoochun Asked Jaejoong, they were both sitting on Jae’s bed while Rei was so engrossed in playing Jaejoong’s phone on the sofa nearby with head sets on.

 

“I don't have any concrete plans now. I have to think about it.”

 

“Plan carefully. That girl can kill.” They both looked at Rei as they remembered the scene where she was nearly froze to death.

 

Jaejoong sighed. He doesn’t want to make a wrong move although he has nothing to hide now, he still worry that Rei might get hurt again.

 

Then Yoochun’s phone vibrated. It was Changmin.

 

“Hyung, turn on your TV. You might want to watch something.”

 

He immediately followed. The TV was just a few steps across Jaejoong’s bed.

 

He scanned the channels and found something.

 

“Im Yoona is Kwon Sang Woo’s Cinderella”

In their upcoming drama, “Cinderella Man.”It’s been confirmed that Girls’ Generation’s Im Yoona will be playing the main female lead, Seo Yoo Jin.

She will be playing the role of a design student, who starts off studying at a famous design school in France, but is unable to complete her education due to the death of her father…..

 

 

Yoochun turned it off. He doesn’t want to hear it. Yoona’s name made him sick. Jaejoong remained silent.

 

“Luck is really on her side.” He was pissed.

 

“It won’t be long now.” Jaejoong then said showing his famous smirk.

 

“Huh?” he looked at his hyung. He knew he was up to something.

 

“Yunho will take care of it.” He closed as he looked at his sister.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie! You are so lucky. You will be in a drama with Kwon Sang woo.” Seo hyun said excitedly.

 

She felt so proud of herself. She finally made it to the drama department. (Okay, let’s just pretend that it’s first drama okay? ;P)

 

She always thought that her talents may go a very long way. She also dreamt of starring in a major drama. SNSD was just her stepping stone. She didn’t imagine herself being stuck in that group forever. Unlike the other girls, her talent was always one level higher. And she never let them forget that.

 

“Jealous?” she said as she looked at herself in a mirror.

 

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Innocent Seo Hyun asked.

 

She sighed as she stood and signaled the maknae to get her shoes for her. She immediately followed.

 

“I’m gonna be in a drama, you always audition right? but never got in.”

 

“Maybe it’s not my time yet.” She looked down.

 

“Ah yah… it will not be your time unless you improve. Your acting is so amateur-ish.” She said smirking.

 

Seo Hyun chose not to answer. She just let her think that way. It was her day and she doesn’t want to ruin it.

 

Yoona just received a call from the president a while ago. He greeted her for a job well done. She was so happy and she was sure that he would definitely say yes if she decided to go on as a solo artist.

 

Taeyeon, the leader came running. She told them to follow her inside the dance hall. She was still catching her breath when the girls came including Yoona and Seo Hyun.

 

“Unnie?” What’s wrong?” Yuri asked her.

 

“What’s wrong? No Yuri… everything is just so right.” She smiled.

 

“Yah… enough with that…” Jessica said. The anticipation was killing them all.

 

She smiled once again before she dropped the big news.

 

“The president said will be releasing our album in the US!!!” she can’t help but jumped because of joy.

 

Everyone yelled as they heard the news, some of them hugged each other and that included Yoona.

It was really her lucky day; she was at the peak of her career.

 

“That means…. We are all going to the states?” Yuri assumed.

 

Tae yeon nodded and yells filled the dance hall. She was sure that nobody gets to sleep because of their excitement.

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure you can walk now Oppa?” Rei wanted to make sure. Jaejoong wanted to go to the SM building that morning but he was not fully recovered yet.

 

Jae nodded. Rei positioned herself as his resident nurse slash assistant. She never made him do anything. And he was happy about it.

 

“But…”

 

“You worry too much.” He pinched her nose. Yoochun always pinch her cheeks.

 

She pouted. “Okay… I will allow you to go there in one condition.”

 

“What?”

 

“I’m coming with you.” she smiled at him.

 

“You are coming with me?” Jae was not so sure about it. He doesn’t want her to see what will happen.

Yunho called and said that something was happening in the SME.

 

“Please Oppa?” Jae sighed in defeat, who can resist those puppy eyes of her? Rei hugged him happily.

 

 

 

 

 

“Woah… the Cassiopeias are in great number today.” Rei said as they entered the SME compound. There are numerous Cassies in front of the building and she meant Numerous, in the true essence of the word. She even spotted at lot of Elfs and Sones to. She could tell by the color of their shirts, pink, red and sapphire blue.

 

“Is there a show today?” She asked without looking at his brother. She was sitting beside him and Mr. Lee drove for them. They have to use the back gate because the fans blocked the way.

 

“No….” he said, Jaejoong was kinda expecting it, after what they saw on the net.

 

 

They went inside the building. Rei helped her brother all the way. She was surprised to see Shinee, Suju, SNSD and DBSK in one room.

 

“Whoah…” she whispered.

 

They immediately gathered around them. Giving their greetings and asking Jaejoong about his health.

She felt dizzy after she bowed countless of times.

 

But someone was missing, and it was Yoona.

 

She helped Jae to sit first before she sat beside Seo hyun. She happily hooked her arms around Rei’s.

“Unnie is not here but she will arrive soon.” She whispered.

 

“Is there a meeting?” she asked. “So, I need to go out?”

 

Seo hyun shook her head. “I think you need to be here.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“It’s Yunho Oppa and Jaejoong Oppa who called for this meeting.”

 

She looked at her puzzled. “Why?”

 

She just shrugged her shoulders.

 

Then someone entered the room. It was Yoona. She was late because she had to buy some stuffs that she will be using for the drama and their upcoming trip.

 

“Phew… There are so many fans outside. The driver had to use the back gate to enter.” She protested. But everyone in that room just stared at her, without any reaction at all.

 

“What’s wrong with you people?” she frowned but then she spotted someone at the corner of her eyes. She turned and saw the last person she would love to see.

 

“Rei?” she mouthed. “What are you doing here?”

 

DBSK was alarmed when they saw her starring at Rei. But Rei was just calm as ever.

 

Yoona was about to say something when the president entered the room. They all stood and bowed at him including Rei. The president saw her and gave her a little smile, acknowledging her presence.

 

“I have some announcement to make.” He said in a deep serious voice. No one dared to talk.

 

“There are so many fans outside because of the article in the net. I don't allow anything or anyone to ruin their fellow artists’ image. And I know you all seen the article so I assume you all understand what I am saying.”

 

Everyone nodded except for Rei and Yoona. Rei didn’t have the time to visit any site same as Yoona who was so busy preparing her self.

 

“Fans are outside because they are all mad of what they saw.” His seriousness never left his face even a bit.

“And there are rules that are needed to be implemented. You know all these rules and no one is exempted with all of its consequences.” He tried to emphasize it.

 

‘You are going to be dead now Rei, Cassies saw the site already.’ She smiled secretly. But she wasn’t prepared for the next news.

 

“Someone came to me and said that he was the guy in the site and not Jaejoong. And he told me that someone hired him to do that pose and use Ms. Kim Rei Mi’s name on the account.”

 

Rei knew it already but she still can’t help but be shock about it. Yoona started to sweat.

 

“And this morning, big news bombarded us. It’s a blog that tells everyone that someone hired him to ruin Jaejoong and his sister. He even posted some pictures as evidences. Fans started to react because of these.” Yunho then stood and showed his laptop to everyone. They were pictures of Yoona and Rei in the snow and Yoona with THE GUY.

 

“He even wrote how that SOMEONE  told him to steal some important documents from a private office.  And what’s worst is that there is a CCTV that captured it all. And to my disappointment, one of you is the mastermind and she was in that video.” Then there was a long paused. “And it’s You, Yoona.”

 

Yoona was astonished. She can’t believe it. She planned everything so perfectly.

 

“President…” that was all she could say.

 

“The police study the CCTV and they confirmed that it was you. We canceled the blog and told everyone that it’s not you because the attorney said he wouldn’t file a case against you. But the fans were still angry of what you did to Jaejoong and his sister. You almost killed her.” He told her with a stern voice.

“And I just can’t let it pass by. I have to do something because the company is at stake.”

 

Yoona’s whole body felt so numb that time. Tears slowly fell from her eyes.

 

“SNSD will promote the album without you.”

 

“President?” she tried to protest.

 

“And you will not allow to join them even in rehearsals because you will go back from being a trainee.”

 

“What?!” she said. Everyone was in shocked of what they just heard.

 

“From now on, SNSD will only be a 8 member group.”

 

SNSD gasped at the news. Yoona’s case was so serious that the president demoted her.

 

“You will join them once you finished your 2-year training.”

 

“T..two years… but…”

 

“And you will be under provision so you are expected to be on your best behavior.”

 

“No! You can’t do that to me! I’m Im Yoona! I will transfer to other companies!” she was at rage.

 

“An speaking of company, they just called me and they said that they will no longer include you in the drama with Mr. Kwon.”

 

Yoona’s jaw dropped. Everyone gasped. Nobody was expecting that one. But once again, no one dared to question.

 

“You always have options, be a trainee or just leave your dream of being an artist behind forever.” He said before he left. Everyone bowed. SNSD left the room immediately because they were instructed not to contact her until she finishes her training. SUJU AND SHINee followed.

 

 

“No…” she still couldn’t accept it. “It’s her fault.” She said and glared at Rei.

 

Rei just looked at her.

 

Yoona stood and went to her and suddenly grabbed her hair.

 

“It’s all your fault!” she cried. DBSK immediately tried to keep Yoona away from Rei.

“! Stop hiding from those sweet smiles. I’m the real princess here not you!” She challenged her.

“You are just a !” she said as Yunho and Junsu held her arms.

 

“Is that so? Then I will be the sweetest that you will meet.” She said calmly. Yoochun who was holding her was surprised that she answered her back.

 

“You!!!” she tried to hurt her again but Jaejoong stopped her.

 

“Yoona!” he said as he slowly walked towards her. He grabbed her neck and pinned her against the wall.

Yoona froze.

 

“I’ve warned you before but you didn’t listen.” He was in fury.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“You almost killed my sister so I have every right to kill you now.” He tightened his grip.

 

She started to choke. She was so scared

 

“Oppa… I can’t breath.”

 

“Hyung!” Changmin tried to stop him.

 

“Oppa...” Rei held his arms, trying to stop him also. “Let her go…”

 

He then let her go and took Rei’s hand and headed for the door. They were about to leave when Yoona said something.

 

“You said I’m your princess…” she was still holding his neck.  “…that I’m your sister.”

 

Jaejoong turned and said… “I only have one sister. And her name is Mimi.”

 

 

 

*******************

am... sorry for this one... it's not the end yet but we are getting closer... and there is a sequel to this..... so please keep on supporting... Yoona's story wont end here...

 

I'm sorry if i didnt meet your expectations..... hope you will like it...

 

i will always accept comments, suggestions and violet reactions....

 

 

 

aejae22

BY BLOOD