Strawberry cupcakes

BY BLOOD

 

 

 

 

I had a very hard time writing this one.... one of the hardest chapter I've ever written... I hope you will like it....

 

sniff... sniff....

***************************************************************

 

 

“What did I do to deserve this Saki?” she asked her best friend. They were lying on their bed and both staring at the ceiling. “Isn’t this too much a nineteen year old?”

 

“Nothing… As Mr. Lee said, it’s all up to you now.” Sakura answered. “I your phone; it’s been off for a week now. I saw a lot of messages and missed calls. They wanted you to go home.”

 

“I don't really know what to do.” Then took a deep breath…. It was the first time that she didn’t cried since she left her Oppa.

 

Sakura looked at her. “Do the right thing.”

 

“What?” she frowned. Then Sakura stood up and sat beside her.

 

“You love your brother right?” she asked her seriously.

 

“Yes…” she also stood up and sat on her bed.

 

“See… It didn’t take a long time for you to answer that. It’s not important what other people say… You don't have to listen to them… listen to your heart. He’s your brother no matter what.” Sakura smiled at her.

 

“Did you felt that he was just pretending when you were in Japan?”

 

She shook her head.

 

“Mimi… I’m your best friend, sometimes we fight but because we love each other, we forgive right? He made some mistakes but you said he was sorry.”

 

“Saki…”

 

“Give him a second chance. You have to get back…. before it’s too late.”

 

“Huh?”

 

But she just smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

253 Swan Origami…. Yoochun stared at them sadly… He finally learned to how to make them but it’s so sad that his teacher was no longer at his side to praise him for a job well done.

 

‘Oppa… you need to concentrate… I need to know your last wish…’ she said with a sweet smile.

 

He smiled every time he remembers their moments… It was so devastating that she has to go away. He drank all the whiskey on his glass. It has been his friend since then…

 

He was in deep thinking when Junsu arrived. He sat at the chair across him and poured some of his drink on his glass.

 

He hissed after taking one shot. “Yah… this is too strong.”

 

“Don't drink then.” He said uninterested. Junsu saw all the paper swan in front of him and got one. He studied it carefully.

 

“I never thought you are good at this.” He praised him. “You could pass for a master paper folder.” He chuckled.

 

 

“What do you want?” Junsu studied his face; his wound was still covered with a plaster. His eyes swollen and dark circles formed around it.

 

“You look like a rat…”

 

“I’m Mickey mouse.” He chuckled sarcastically.

 

“Without his Minnie…”

 

“Junsu…. Get out of here…” he started to get pissed at him.

 

 

“No… believe it or not… you need me...”

 

“Shut up…”

 

“You miss Rei…”

 

He didn’t answer.

 

“We miss her too, but we are trying to be strong. Look at you… slowly killing yourself.” Junsu finally turned serious.

 

“You don't understand-“

 

“Then make me.” He didn’t let him finished.

 

He was about to pour another round of whiskey when Junsu stopped him.

 

“You don't need that.”

 

“Please… it will make me feel a lot better.” He fought for it.

 

“No.” Junsu was much stronger than him.

 

He gave up finally. He was losing strength.

 

“I love her Junsu.” He then said.

 

“I love her too.”

 

“No… you got it all wrong.”

 

Junsu’s eyes grew bigger at him. “Don't tell me…..” he looked down to gather his thoughts

“… Oh no you don't Park Yoochun.”

 

He gave him a sad smile. “Oh yes dolphin boy.”

 

He smirked at Yoochun. “Who’s the e now?”

 

“It’s too late now.” He looked away.

 

“Are you really serious?”

 

“Never been serious like this in my whole life.”

 

“Are you sure?” Yoochun gave him a frown.

 

“Yah… what are you trying to say…?”

 

“You are a playboy.” That’s a statement.

 

“But I never fell in love with them.” Of course he will defend himself.

 

“Careful, its Jaejoong’s sister you’re talking about. He will strangle you to death with one wrong move.” He warned him. “But I guess, he can’t do that now.”

 

“What do you mean?” Of course he was concern with his hyung.

 

 

“Far worse than you…. starving himself to death. He can’t even stand on his own. Everybody worries about him.”

 

Yoochun straightened his back. He was worried about his hyung. He didn’t have a single clue of what happened to him.

 

“What is he doing to his self?”

 

“Just like what you doing to your self.”

 

Junsu was right… he looked like an android that time. He even can’t recognize him self. He was so lost.

 

“She didn’t answer my calls…” he looked down, hiding his tears from Junsu.

 

 

 

Rei woke up early the next morning; she went to the market and looked for the freshest strawberries she could possibly get.

 

“What are you cooking?” Sakura said yawning. She just woke up.

 

“Strawberry cupcakes.” She said while mixing the flour.

 

“Huh?” Sakura was surprised but when she realized what those strawberry cupcakes are for, she smiled.

“You are finally doing it huh?” she hugged her best friend from behind.

 

“I’m still not sure.”

 

“Follow your heart.” She whispered.

 

Rei finally smiled.

 

 

 

 

“Changmin… what now?” Yunho asked Changmin who just came out from Jaejoong’s room. He was holding a basin with water on it.

 

Changmin sadly shook his head. “We should bring him to the hospital. He’s getting weaker and weaker.”

 

Yunho can’t hide his fear for his friend.

 

“Mr. Lee made a soup for him but he barely touched it. Hyung… what are we going to do?”

 

Yunho tapped Changmin’s shoulders then entered Jae’s room.

 

It was heartbreaking for him to see his friend in that situation. Swollen eyes, breathing heavily but he still refused to eat.

 

“Jae…” he said trying to hold back his tears.

 

Jaejoong looked at him and gave a small smile which made his heart hurt more.

 

“We’ll bring you to the hospital. You can’t stay like this forever.”

 

“No…” he refused.

 

“No. You will listen to me.” He commanded.

 

“I…won’t go anywhere.” He said catching his breath.

 

“What are you doing?” he grabbed him by his collar and shouted. “You are killing your self!”

 

“Yunho… I can’t take it anymore. I’m alone now…” tears started to fall from his eyes.

 

Yunho slowly let him go. “You can.”

 

“They caught the man behind your picture on the net.” But Jae wasn’t seemed interested at all. “And Yoona’s behind it.”

 

“I know…”

 

“And she told Rei about the documents. She messes up her head.” Yunho clenched his fist in anger.

 

“Yoona…”

 

“That’s why you have to be strong… for Rei.”

 

“She won’t be coming back.”

 

“Mimi… they all left me… Omma….” Jae was delirious.

 

“Jae!”

 

He felt his heart beats like a jet… he immediately run outside and called Changmin.

 

“Hyung! What happened?!” Changmin literally jumped from his seat when he heard him calling. Junsu and Yoochun who’ve just arrived heard his call. Junsu was helping Yoochun walk.

 

“Hyung… what’s wrong?” Junsu asked, worried.

 

“Call the doctor!” he commanded. His voice roared around the house which made everyone move faster.

 

Yoochun was left at the living room while the others tried to contact every doctor in town. He slowly forced his weak body to get to Jae’s room. The staircase was a struggle for him. Every step seemed so heavy.

 

After a long struggle, he finally reached his room.

 

“Hyung…” he whispered. He saw Jae’s lips started to cracked. He reached for the water beside his bed and slowly lifted his head and assisted him to drink the water. Jae responded when the water touched his lips.

 

“Hyung…” He really felt sorry for him.

 

 

Changmin, Junsu and Yunho were at the living room waiting for the doctor to arrive. The agony of waiting succumbed their hearts. Every minute seemed like an hour for them.

 

“Yah!!! Where’s the doctor?!” Changmin stood up and put his both hands on his head. He was desperate. “Hyung, let’s just bring him to the hospital.” He begged Yunho. Then a doorbell…. They all looked at the door.

 

“He’s here.” Junsu sighed in relief, he quickly stood and opened the door… but it wasn’t the doctor who came…….. It’s Rei.

 

 

 

“Rei!” Junsu shouted and hugged him so tight. He was so happy to see her.

 

Changmin and Yunho were also surprised to see her.

 

“Oppa….” She said then looked down. She can’t look them in their eyes, she felt so guilty for saying unkind words to them. Then, as if Yunho can read her thought, he hugged her tight.

 

Rei buried her face to his chest and started to cry.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“It’s okay now… It’s not your fault.” He assured her.

 

Then they heard another doorbell… this time…. The doctor. Changmin immediately assisted him to Jae’s room. Rei was puzzled of what was happening.

 

“Oppa… what’s happening? Where’s Jaejoong Oppa?” She questioned Yunho but he doesn’t know what to say.

 

“Oppa…! Where’s is Jaejoong Oppa!” she started to tensed.  Her heart beating 5oo times a minute.

But Yunho remained silent. She then tried to run upstairs but Junsu stopped her.

 

“Rei, let’s just wait for the doctor.”

 

“No! I want to see my Oppa!”

 

“Rei… please…”

 

She was crying so hard now. Yunho sat her on the sofa and tried to calm her down.

 

“Oh no… please…” she silently prayed that everything will be okay.

 

‘You have to get back…. before it’s too late.’ She remembered Sakura’s words. Is this what she means?

 

“Oppa…” she whispered.

 

They were in the middle of waiting when Yoochun exited Jae’s room. Junsu quickly stood to help him get down from the flight of stairs.

 

Rei stood when she saw Yoochun. She saw the bandage on his head and his weak body.

 

‘What is happening?’she thought.

 

Yoochun was also shocked to see her. The girl he longed to see was now in front of him. He doesn’t know what to feel. He was scared for Jae and happy at the same time to see Rei.

 

She slowly walked towards him. Junsu let go of his arm and joined Yunho.

 

“Rei…” he slowly reached for her face and touched it tenderly.

 

“Oppa….” She smiled at him. Then, gathering all his strength that was left of him, he hugged her and kissed her head.

 

“Your here.” He said, he felt Rei nodded. He was so happy that he cried.

 

“I’m sorry…” she whispered.

 

“Shhh….It’s not your fault.” Just like what Yunho said to her.

 

She let go of his hug and went to get her paper bag with a box inside. She opened it put out some strawberry cupcakes. She gave them one each.

 

 

 

 

“Whoah….” Junsu said.

 

Yunho sighed in relief. Rei finally came back.

 

Rei saw Yoochun’s hands were shaking so she picked the strawberry on top and put it to Yoochun’s mouth. Yoochun swore that those cupcakes were the best.

 

“You’re shaking.” She said. But he just gave her a smile. This time… a real smile.

“What happened to your head?”

But again, he didn’t answer.

 

“He let our car fly.” Junsu said from behind. He was eating his cupcake with Yunho and the icing was scattered on his lips.

 

“Huh?” she looked at him in disbelief.

 

“Don't leave us again okay?” Yoochun said. “Promise you will stay.” She nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

The doctor left Jae’s room. They all saw Changmin’s not so good reaction; he accompanied the doctor inside. It’s been an hour since the doctor entered that room.

 

“What happened?” Yunho was expecting for a positive answer.

 

“It’s not good, he better eat. I’ll come back tomorrow to check him. Bring him some soup. No solid food yet. I have to put some dextrose that would help him gain his strength.“ The doctor said while they just all stared at him.

 

Rei immediately run toward Jaejoong’s room after the doctor left. The others followed her.

 

She gasped when she saw her brother lying unconscious on his bed. There was a dextrose attached to her hand. His face was so pale and she noticed that he was having difficulty in breathing. Jaejoong’s condition was tearing her heart up. She cried at that moment. Yoochun patted her back, trying to comfort her.

 

 

“Oppa…” she shook his hand.  “I’m here now… Oppa…” but Jaejoong didn’t respond.

“I’m so sorry.”

 

“He refused to eat when you left. He was so sorry about what happened.” Yunho said from behind.

 

 

“It’s okay now….” She whispered.  “Oppa…. I made you some strawberry cupcakes.” She smiled in the middle of her cries. “Let’s eat them together huh?” she said as she kissed his hand.

 

She turned Yunho and the rest and bowed which made everyone surprised.

 

“Thank you for taking care of my brother.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

**************************************

sniff sniff..... sorry for this one...... sniff sniff.... hope you will like it.... sniff sniff.... sorry for being so dramatic.....

 

Please vote.... sniff sniff...... next chapter....... secret!!!! haha! ;p

 

 

aejae22

BY BLOOD