Jaejoong...

BY BLOOD

 

 

 

The voice of his Appa roars as he squeezes himself to the closet, trying to hide from him. He then remembers something, his sister… his sister was still at her room. How will he get her? It’s dark outside, his Appa might see him.

 

“Joong… please…” he heard his Omma screamed. He swore he could have run to help her but he was too weak.

 

Appa’s voice gets louder and louder. He covered his ears while he bravely runs through the dark hallway to get his sister. He found her peacefully sleeping, unaware of what was happening. He carefully held her to his small arms and tried all his might not to create noise.

 

“Shhh… Mimi… don’t cry.” He said. He doesn’t know how to handle her properly so he woke her up. She was about to cry then he started humming something… their Omma used to hum this to them before they go to sleep. He tried it and it works. His sister is in dream land again. He sighed. The noise from outside suddenly vanished, then he heard their car from the garage. Appa was gone. He has to look for his Omma now.

 

“Jaejoong… darling…” his Omma squirmed in pain. She got a big ugly bruise in her face.

 

“Omma…” he can’t help but feel sorry for her. Appa had beaten her again.

 

“You save your sister?” she tried to smile. He nodded.

 

“You are a good son.” She ruffled his hair. Then she stood up, she could barely walk. Appa had beaten her so badly. He silently cried while still holding Rei into his arms. His tears fell down to her face.

 

 

“Mimi… I won’t let Appa hurt you.” a promise from a 7 year old boy.

 

 

 

“Omma…Omma!” his moans turn into scream.

 

 

Mr. Lee immediately attended him. Rei was also awakened by his screams.

 

 

“Uncle… What’s happening?” She said. Worried. Jaejoong was still sleeping but his breathing was heavy.

 

 

Mr. Lee got a wet towel and rubbed it to Jaejoong’s forehead. Rei was looking closely.

 

 

“Your brother has a fever. You want to do this?” Mr. Lee smiled at her.

 

 

‘He wants me to take care of him, but why?’ Rei wasn’t really sure about it.

 

 

“Come on. He needs you now.” And then put the towel in her hands.

 

 

“Uncle?” but Mr. Lee assured her with his eyes.

 

 

She then started to wipe his forehead. She felt so happy that time. Her brother needs her. What more could she ask for?

 

 

 

 

 

“Promise me one thing Jaejoong… promise me one thing…” his Omma’s voice kept on lingering.

 

 

“Omma… please don't go…” he moans again.

 

 

“Uncle lets take him to the hospital.” She begged, she’s not used to this kind of situation.

 

 

“Don't worry Rei. Its not the first time it happens.”

 

 

“Huh?” Rei said surprised.

 

 

“He’s always having nightmares.”

 

 

“Nightmares?”

 

 

“Yes… bad dreams.”

 

 

“Rei stared at his face, it’s anything but peaceful that time and he’s burning with fever. She could do nothing to help him.

 

 

 

 

“Your Omma left you because you’re worthless! She doesn’t love you!” his voice roars all over the house.

 

 

“No! Omma loves me!” he felt the blood coming from his lips.

 

 

His Appa slapped him again, making his face numb.

 

 

“You are stupid as your Omma… She thinks she could survive without me?” he said sarcastically, drowned from some expensive whiskey.

 

 

“Omma is not stupid.” But his Appa was too drunk to hear him.

 

 

 

“Omma…”

 

 

“Uncle… he’s again.” Rei started to worry again. “Oppa... wake up please.” She heard stories about people who die because of nightmare. Thinking of it made her squirmed.

 

 

“Rei, relax… look his face is peaceful now. His breathing is back to normal.” He’s right, Jaejoong started to sweat… an indication that his fever is going down.

 

 

 

“I’ve seen this before so you don't need to worry.” He smiled. “You can go back to sleep now.” But Rei just shook her head.

 

 

 

“I’ll stay here. I want to make sure he’s okay.”

 

 

Mr. Lee nodded then left.

 

 

 

 

“Oppa… I will take care of you…” she whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The bright morning sun wakes Jaejoong. His body felt so heavy. He noticed a figure at his side. It was Rei… sleeping at the side of his bed.

 

 

‘What is she doing here?’

 

 

 

He noticed the towel she was holding. ‘…must be from last night.’ His nightmares are coming back again.

 

 

 

It’s the first time he got the chance to look closely at his sister’s face. Junsu was right, they have this resemblance. She looks like their Omma; no… she’s actually prettier. He manages to put a weary smile. He gently her hair, afraid that she might wake her up. Rei reminds him of their mom. One of the reasons why he hates her and his anger has been eating him.

 

 

 

“Omma chose you over me.” He said before he got up and left.

 

 

 

*****************************************************************************

There you go… awww… I will try to update tomorrow… dear readers hope you’ll like this one… the partial past of Jaejoong.

 

Please watch out for the next chapter…. 3 WISHES…