08 | An Unexpected Twist

Tied by Fate

Chapter 8

An Unexpected Twist

 

There was an awkward silence between the Kim siblings as Jaejoong drove home. Both of them were in deep thoughts and apparently they were thinking of the same person.

‘Who’s BoA?’ Hanuel thought.

‘Why does he have to mention her again?’ Jaejoong thought, cursing TOP in his mind.

Hanuel’s expression brightened up once an idea popped in her mind. “Could it be?” Hanuel muttered which took her brother’s attention.

“Could it be the international Korean singer BoA?” Hanuel stared at her brother, waiting for his reaction.

“Yes.” Jaejoong let go a big sigh.

“So why did you react the way you reacted a while ago? Did something happen between the two of you?” Hanuel said like a reported asking for details.

“Why didn’t you tell me about her before? I thought you’ll tell me everything!” Hanuel pouted when Jaejoong didn’t answer her question.

Sighing and knowing that Hanuel will not stop from asking, Jaejoong finally exclaimed…

“First, nothing happened between us. Sure, I fell for her but nothing more. She rejected me. Second, I didn’t tell you because I know you’ll make a huge deal out of it and plus I know how disappointed you will be.” Jaejoong answered, glancing at her sister every once in a while.

“First, why did she reject you? How dare she? Didn’t she know how lucky she will be?! You’re THE KIM JAEJOONG! Second, why would I be disappointed with you?” Hanuel asked yet again. Her brows were in a frown as she thinks of her brother’s possible answer.

“Of course you will be disappointed! Since you learned about my engagement with Eunhee all you ever tell me was I should marry her blah blah blah… that she’s perfect for me blah blah blah!” Jaejoong exclaimed, mocking his younger sister.

“Hey! I do not talk like that! And I… I... Alright! I might have been disappointed!” Hanuel exclaimed, crossing her arms under her chest. Jaejoong can’t help but let a chuckle slip.

“Hey! You’re not answering my first question yet.” Hanuel demanded, turning her all body to her brother’s direction.

“Oh! Wait! I thought you were mad at me!” Jaejoong exclaimed, smirking while looking at the road.

“Aish! I’m going to be mad at you if you won’t answer my question!” Hanuel exclaimed in frustration, hitting her brother in the arm

“Aish! Alright alright, I’ll tell you.” Jaejoong answered while rubbing his arm. He took a deep sigh before he answered.

“She chose her dream over me… And plus, she knew I’m engaged. She knew it would be difficult.” Jaejoong said softly, gripping on the steering wheel tighter.

“I see. Don’t worry oppa you have me and Eunhee!” Hanuel grinned at her brother who only rolled his eyes.

“There you are again. Eunhee! Eunhee! Eunhee!” Jaejoong grunted and glared at his sister.

“Well, I saw how you looked at her a while ago~! Ohhhh! You’re so happy that she stopped you from leaving and even attended to you as you eat!! Aaaah~! I even saw you glaring at TOP-oppa!” Hanuel teased while poking Jaejoong’s arm. Jaejoong can’t help but cringe at his sister’s teasing. His grip on the steering wheel only got tighter.

“Shut up Kim Hanuel!” Jaejoong exclaimed in an irritated tone.

“I won’t, until you admit that you actually like her!!” Hanuel replied and stuck her tongue out. And as expected Hanuel did continue teasing him until they reached home.

“You like her! You like her!” Hanuel repeatedly exclaimed as she bumped on Jaejoong’s side while walking to their house.

“Fine I like her! Everyone likes her okay? You like her, TOP likes her, Yunho likes her, Yoochun likes her. Do you even know how many guys approached me last Saturday because they want her number?!” Jaejoong finally admitted while massaging his temples.

“Oooooh! You finally admit it!” Hanuel’s expression brightened up immediately. She threw herself to her brother and gave him a tight hug.

“Aniyo! Not like that! I mean I like her because she’s likeable! Just like how everyone likes her! Nothing more! Will you stop it?!” Jaejoong exclaimed with a frown as he gently pushed Hanuel away from him.

“No! No! You can’t take it back!” Hanuel let go and stuck her tongue out. Jaejoong clicked his tongue, grabbing her wrist tightly.

“Fine! If you don’t like her then I’ll just help TOP-oppa because FYI he doesn’t like her ‘just how everyone likes her’ ”. Hanuel quoted while making faces.

“Aish! Do whatever you want!” Jaejoong let go of a loud sigh and finally let go of Hanuel’s hand.

“Just don’t regret it!” Hanuel said and stuck her tongue out before she went to her room.

“Whatever…” Jaejoong muttered.

 

 

---

One month has passed since the last encounter between Jaejoong and Eunhee happened. Nothing much really changed. Jaejoong was still in denial about his “true” feelings and to make himself forget about that, he made himself busy with his work. But Eunhee on the other hand decided to try to forget her strong feelings for Jaejoong because she realized that if she continues to hang up to him, she will only end up crying. Hanuel also kept her word and never tried to set up her brother and Eunhee anymore. It was indeed a peaceful month, well until Jaejoong received a call from his father that morning. He was asked to meet him in a certain address at exactly 5 in the afternoon.

Kim Jaejoong was currently on his way to the address given to him. For some reason he felt like his father was planning something again. He has been too quiet for the previous month. Jaejoong has a bad feeling for this sudden meeting.

Jaejoong pulled over his car and checked if he got the right address. He then got down from his car. He looked around and saw his father’s car (and a couple more of cars) parked in front of the house he was standing at. Slowly, he made his way inside. He lifted his brow and was quite surprised to see a number of people waiting for his arrival. The Lees were there, his parents and his younger sister too.

“Oh! Jaejoong-ah!” Jaejoong’s mother approached him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“Oh! Hi mother.” He simply stated, giving her a short hug.

“So why are we here?” Jaejoong exclaimed looking around the beautiful house.

“Well, how about we tour around the house first before we answer your question?” Kim Woo Bin said, leading everyone around. Jaejoong blew his breath and simply shrugged.

The house was a spacious modern family house located in a private subdivision. It was not as huge as the Kim’s residence or the Lees but it was big enough for a family of three or four (but it is more suitable for newlyweds.). The house was playfully made with the combination of wood and marble, giving it a very refreshing and calm ambiance. The high ceiling and window positioning as well as the lightings were explicit. The ground floor was allotted for the wide living room, kitchen, dining area and the pool area. The second floor was divided into two parts, one for the adults and one for the children. The kids have their own activity area while the adults have a relaxing space by the balcony of their bedroom. HOUSE

By the end of the tour, the two families ended up in the living room again. This time it was Taemin who asked the question.

“So why are we doing this?” He exclaimed softly, looking directly at his father.

“Well, this is the only private subdivision I could find that would be near enough Eunhee’s university and Jaejoong’s workplace. I know I can find a place larger than this but we live in the city so it’s quite hard to find one.” Woo Bin answered. Slowly, everyone (except the parents because they’re the ones who planned it) was starting to get an idea of where this would be heading.

“But I guess this will be good enough as your engagement gift from me.” Woo Bin smiled proudly. Jaejoong, Taemin, Hanuel and Eunhee’s eyes popped, their jaw literally dropping.

“WHAT?!” They all explained.

“What’s wrong? It’s a great set up for you to know each other. You will be living in a same roof sooner or later anyway.” This time it was Mr. Lee who explained the further details.

“So why not now? I don’t want for you two to become awkward at your engagement party so why not get to know each other by living together?” Mrs. Kim exclaimed with a soft assuring smile.

“Dad! How can you just let Eunhee be in this situation! We barely know this guy! Haven’t you heard the rumors going around about him?! I can’t trust my sister to live under the same roof as this guy!” Taemin snapped. He pointed at Jaejoong as if he was a serial murder. Taemin’s breathing was heavy and his eyes were burning with anger. But instead of being taken aback by his son’s reaction Mr. Lee simply approached his son and patted his back.

“Taemin-ah. We are building a relationship here. We are strengthening the bonds of our families. I trust Jaejoong to take care of your sister that’s the reason why I chose him to be her husband in the first place.” Mr. Lee tried to calm his son but Taemin only got angrier.

“Creating a relationship?! Strengthening the bonds?! Who are you kidding dad?! We all know that Eunhee’s marriage is all about the business! It’s just a contract! You don’t have to force her to live here!” Taemin exclaimed. Mr. Lee’s eyes slowly reflected his. He was beginning to get as angry. He pulled Taemin out of the house while Mrs. Lee apologized for her son’s reaction.

“I’m sorry Woo Bin-sshi and So Eun-sshi. Taemin-ah is very close to his twin sister. They never parted; he must have been upset knowing that Eunhee won’t be living with us anymore. He has always been a protective brother.” Mrs. Lee exclaimed softly as she bowed her head apologetically.

“But he was right you know.” After being too shock to speak for a second, Jaejoong finally managed to say.

“Jaejoong!” Woo Bin immediately turned to his son with a sharp look.

“But whatever, do whatever that pleases you. I have a meeting at 7. I’ll be leaving now.” Jaejoong said calmly, bowed his head in respect and slowly turned away.

Woo Bin smiled in triumph. His son has been behaving quite well for a while now. Indeed he was pleased. But still he told himself to not put his guard down and be prepared to whatever Jaejoong was planning.

Jaejoong headed to his car and sat on the driver’s seat, surprisingly he wasn’t upset at all. He even found himself smiling but as soon as he saw his smiling reflection he frowned.

“Kim Jaejoong! What are you smiling about?!” He reprimanded himself as he slapped both of his cheeks. But in the end he just kept on smiling, he even tried to bite his lower lip to suppress it but still he didn’t succeed. Giving up on stopping his true feeling to surface, Jaejoong drove off and preceded to his another meeting.

--

Eunhee and Hanuel exchanged meaningful glances as they witnessed Taemin stormed out of the house after the argument he had with his dad. Eunhee wanted to follow her brother but her mother pulled her back.

“Let him cool his head okay?” Mrs. Lee exclaimed while Eunhee simply nodded obediently. A little later, Mr. Lee came back, he excused her daughter from Hanuel and talked to her one on one.

“You’ve seen your brother’s outburst. Clearly, I’m not happy about it. But I understand him, he’s just worried about you so before anything else. I just want to ask you if this arrangement bothers you as much as it bothers Taemin.” Mr. Lee said after leading her daughter in the pool area where they can talk privately.

“Well, you know I’ve always been honest to father right?” Eunhee started off with a soft smile. Her father simply nodded in response.

“It bothers me dad. But I’m still willing to follow whatever you plan for me. There’s one thing though, I think I can’t be as happy as you expect me to be. You told me before that arrange marriage can be successful too just like what happened to you and mom. You’re happily married and had a very good relationship but I’m afraid that won’t happen between me and Jaejoong-sshi.” Eunhee slowly said. She looked up to her father with wary in her eyes. Mr. Lee cannot help but hug his daughter tightly. She has always been the understanding one. He has to admit they’ve taken advantage of Eunhee’s selfless personality.

“I’m sorry, I’ve put you in this situation. But we cannot back out anymore. We need the Kims as much as they need us.” Mr. Lee gently said to his daughter as he caressed the top of her head.

“I know. Don’t worry about it dad. I’m okay. I grew up accepting this life you’ve given me. I had everything I need, if this would make you happy then it’s fine with me.” Eunhee exclaimed, looking up to her father.

“Aah~! I’m so lucky to have a daughter like you!” Mr. Lee exclaimed, hugging his daughter tighter.

“Yah! Dad! I can’t breathe.” Eunhee whined playfully as she tried to escape her father’s grip.

“But dad, I have a request though…” Eunhee said slowly. Mr. Lee immediately let go of Eunhee and stared at her.

“The moving in thing is too sudden. Can we move in at least after the engagement party? Plus I don’t want to leave the house with Taemin being so upset.” Eunhee stated, looking at her father intently.

Mr. Lee cannot help but nod. “Alright then. I’ll talk to Jaejoong’s parents about it.” Mr. Lee smiled warmly at his daughter and kissed the top of her head.

---

Sun Hae Rin was singing in her part time job when she caught a glimpse of Taemin. ‘Why is he here?’ she thought. It was a surprise to her since he usually come and visits during Fridays and today is no Friday. As she sang, her eyes followed him as he sat on his usual seat. But unlike before, he was actually in daze as if his soul was in another dimension. Hae Rin shook her thoughts off and focused on her singing.

Taemin didn’t know how but he found himself in Cassies. He was even sitting on his usual seat. He was about to turn his head to the stage when he felt his eyes covered by someone else’s hands.

“Guess who?” The person who covered his eyes playfully said. Taemin chuckled with her gesture.

“Hae Rin-ah!” Taemin exclaimed with a smile. Hae Rin removed her hands and sat on the chair across his.

The two of them had become friends ever since Hanuel introduced Hae Rin to him. He even took her invitation and visited her in Cassies every Friday. Hae Rin appreciated his effort and in return she would always accompany him whenever he visits. As Taemin spends more time in Cassies the more they become closer.  Partly, Taemin was in doubt because he feels that if he becomes closer to Hae Rin the harder it will be for him to not get attached but in the end he just can’t stop himself. Every time they hang out he cannot stop himself from enjoying it. He liked her company, he’s actually starting to yearn for it every time.

“So what made you visit today?” Hae Rin asked as she sat on a stool across Taemin.

“ahmmm…” Taemin sighed. “I didn’t even know that I am here…until now. I was trying to look for a place where I can have some peace of mind. “Taemin exclaimed, frowning a little. Hearing his answer Hae Rin let a chuckle slip.

“Errmm… I don’t think you can have some peace in mind in a bar.” Hae Rin exclaimed with a soft smile. Taemin simply shrugged and let out of a sigh.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Hae Rin exclaimed and gesture Taemin to go out with her. Taemin didn’t answer but followed her lead. They were now in front of Cassies where it was quieter.

“I think we can talk whatever you have in mind better here. Don’t you think?” Hae Rin exclaimed, spreading her arms widely in the air. Taemin smiled and led her to his car where they sat on its hood.

“So what’s bothering you?” Hae Rin asked, watching Taemin as he lies down on the hood of his car.

“I’ve mentioned before that my sister is engaged right?” Taemin said, letting go of another sigh.

“Yeah, to director Kim right?” Hanuel exclaimed. Taemin can’t help but rolled his eyes as how Hae Rin called Jaejoong. It was starting to annoy him that almost everyone that surrounds him is becoming connected to Jaejoong as well. Last month Hae Rin and her band tried out for JJ entertainment and luckily for them they were accepted and it has been 3 weeks since they started training under the said agency.

“Yeah, yeah to your Director Kim.” Taemin exclaimed in a monotonous tone which made Hae Rin laughed a little. She knew how irritated Taemin can be whenever the topic involves Jaejoong.

“So what happened this time?” Hae Rin replied.

“Well, they’ll start living together. I don’t know, Eunhee might pack her things tonight and move tomorrow or the following day.” Taemin exclaimed in exasperation.

“HUH?!” Hae Rin exclaimed in shocked.

“I know, it’s so sudden.” Taemin sighed.

“What do you plan to do?” Hae Rin replied, looking at Taemin in concern.

“I don’t know. I might talk her out of it. But I’m afraid we’ll just argue.” Taemin exclaimed, closing his eyes as he massage his temples.

“So are you telling me that Eunhee-sshi is actually fine with the arrangement?” Hae Rin asked with a small frown.

“Well, Eunhee never thought of herself. As long as it will please our parents, she’ll do it. Sometimes I really hate that side of her. I don’t even understand why she’s like that. Our parents’ reasoning can be really stupid at times and yet she never questions it.” Taemin exclaimed and yet again sighed.

“I don’t know what to say…” Hae Rin pouted. She wanted to say something to make Taemin feel better but she cannot seem to find anything. She never thought rich people have such complicated problems. She guessed money cannot solve everything and won’t necessarily mean happiness. In fact money only makes things complicated.

“It’s alright, you don’t have to say anything. I’m already grateful for having you listen to all my childish whining.” Taemin flashed her a warm smile. Seeing such, Hae Rin can’t stop herself from smiling and maybe blushing.

It was true though. Hae Rin truly made Taemin feel a lot better. As the night got deeper the two of them continued to talk. Taemin brought Hae Rin to a restaurant where they ate and talked more. They separated after Taemin received a call from his sister who was requesting him to go home since it was already pass 10.

---

That night Eunhee was skyping with her two friends, Ah Yeon and Hanuel. She has been consulting them on what to do regarding Taemin and of course about the moving in thing.

“Just when I thought things will be peaceful for a while” Eunhee exclaimed as she sighed. Hanuel and Ah Yeon can’t help but giggle at her cute reaction.

“Aren’t you happy that you will be sharing the same house with oppa~!” Hanuel cheekily smiled and bestfriend.

“Oh! Eunhee-ah, you better start collecting pretty underwear. You know just in case!” Ah Yeon remarked, laughing maniacally. Eunhee’s jaw literally dropped while Hanuel can’t help but squeal at the thought.

“Oh my god! Ah Yeon! Oh you didn’t just say that!” Hanuel exclaimed in English and laughed along with Ah Yeon. Their laugh only grew louder as they watched Eunhee getting more embarrassed and flustered.

“Shut up girls! Shut up!” Eunhee answered back in English, frowning as she begged them to stop.

“What?” Ah Yeon said and laughed.

“Seriously stop it!” Eunhee exclaimed as she clicked her tongue.

“But seriously you should start collecting! Ahahahaha!” Ah Yeon laughed yet again.

“Boys will be boys Eunhee. It’s better if you’re prepared plus he’s your fiancé anyway!” Ah Yeon added and smirked.

“Shut up! He won’t do it. He doesn’t even like.” Eunhee tried to defend.

“Oh believe me Eunnie, he likes you!” Hanuel said with a huge grin. “And haven’t you remembered the way he kissed you!” Hanuel added, making Eunhee blushed like a tomato.

“Don’t make my hopes up Hannie! The kiss was stupid! I shouldn’t have let him kiss me! It’s all games! He just treated me like those girls he plays with. I won’t allow him to that again even if I’m his fiancé.” Eunhee exclaimed, looking away from the computer screen.

“He kissed you because he’s attracted to you.” Ah Yeon replied in which Hanuel nodded to.

“I’m sure he’s just drunk.” Eunhee mumbled under her breath.

“Still! And plus after that incident, he has been asking me a lot about you.” Hanuel said, still encouraging Eunhee to think otherwise.

“Hannie-ah! I thought we talked about this. You won’t play cupid anymore.” Eunhee stared back to the screen and looked at Hanuel seriously. Hanuel sighed in resignation and nodded her head.

“Fine fine. Whatever.” Hanuel exclaimed.

“But I can play cupid right?” Ah Yeon said with a grin.

“Shut up Ah Yeon!” Eunhee replied. Eunhee glanced at the time and realized that it’s already pass 10 and yet Taemin’s not home yet.

“Wait, I’ll check on Taemin.” Eunhee said as she went to get her phone. While she was gone Ah Yeon and Hanuel continued to talk.

“Taemin-ah, where are you?” Eunhee exclaimed as soon as Taemin answered his phone.

“I’m out. I’ll be home a bit later.” Taemin said plainly.

“We have to talk about what happened so go home please.” Eunhee answered back, hoping for her brother to agree.

“We don’t have anything to talk about it. I’m sure you already agreed with mom and dad. It won’t change anything. I’ll go home later.” Taemin said and hanged up. He didn’t even give Eunhee the chance to talk. Eunhee let go of a huge sigh and went back to her computer chair and resume her talk with her two friends.

“So what did he say?” Ah Yeon asked.

“Well, he doesn’t want to talk about it. He said it won’t change anything.” Eunhee sadly exclaimed, as her eyes lingers around the keyboard.

“Oh well, that’s Taemin.” Hanuel remarked in which the two other girls nodded in agreement.

“By the way, how’s the engagement party?” Ah Yeon asked out of curiosity.

“Well, I heard that the invitation will be sent around this week. I’ll be personally giving your invitation Ah Yeon-ah and Onew-ah as well.” Eunhee said with a soft smile.

“I’ll be giving the guys theirs as well.” Hanuel said, she was pertaining to her friends, Jonghyun, Minho and Key.

“Will Seunghyun-oppa come?” Eunhee asked Hanuel. Though it was Eunhee’s engagement party, she wasn’t sure about the people who were invited by the Kims.

“You’ve been pretty close to him lately huh?” Hanuel suspiciously eyed on Eunhee who simply avoided her gaze.

“But anyway, he will come. TOP-oppa actually came from a very wealthy family. His parents owned a lot of shopping malls around Korea, though he hasn’t talked about his family much.” Hanuel explained.

“How about Seungri?” Eunhee questioned.

“He won’t be coming. He doesn’t like going to events like those and plus Jaejoong-oppa has been really irritated by him.” Hanuel exclaimed and sighed.

“By the way, Hannie-ah, I invited Jiyong-oppa.”Eunhee exclaimed as casually as she could. Upon hearing the name, Hanuel can’t help but stiffen.

“Who’s that?” Ah Yeon asked, concern about the sudden change on Hanuel’s face.

“He’s a childhood friend.” Eunhee said, still watching Hanuel on the screen.

“He won’t come.” Hanuel said, looking away from the screen.

“We’ll never know Hannie.” Eunhee stated.

The three girls talked about different things throughout the night but in the end, Hanuel cannot make Jiyong disappear from her mind. She asked the same question over and over again. Even when she head to her bed to sleep she still has the same question in mind.

“Will he come?” She asked herself.

“I miss you so much oppa…” She muttered before going to sleep, hoping that even in her dreams she would see him.

-

So that's chapter 8! I know the story has been progressing too slowly
but don't worry I will make sure to create huge progress on the 
following chapters. ;) 

Do leave a comment ne? Coz they're appreciated! 

Thank you to my new subscribers. 

qrieya, domanlovers, nanablackrose, AiriLaiLe... THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for the comments! :))

p.s: Not proofread as usual! 

Yui dea~! 

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

01-03-14