10 | House Party

Tied by Fate

Chapter 10

House Party

A week has passed since the engagement party and now Kim Jaejoong was on his way to his new house. He cannot stop himself from smiling hugely with the thought of seeing his fiancé again. It has been a week since he last saw her. He didn’t plan to not see her in fact he has been itching to see her. But sadly the day after the engagement party, he received a call and was asked to go to Japan for an urgent meeting regarding his artists’ debut and concert. He only came back to Korea that morning.

He packed his things the night after the party and so all his necessities have been sent to his new home already. Thinking that Eunhee might have been there already since they will have a house warming party that night, Jaejoong decided to proceed to their new house right away.

When he entered, he saw a few boxes near the entrance but it was not as many as he expected. He was actually relieved that almost everything was set already. He looked around and saw some helpers cleaning and fixing the furniture and decorations. As soon as he got the chance he asked one of the helpers for Eunhee’s whereabouts.

“Eunhee-sshi is currently in her room. She said she wanted to fix her room personally.” The helper answered. Jaejoong simply nodded his head and proceed upstairs. He first checked out the master’s bedroom but was confused when he saw no Eunhee in sight, only his boxes of things and his clothes. He heard a rustling sound in the other room and so he decided to check it out. The door was opened and he saw Eunhee standing on a chair, she was trying to put some books on the highest shelf of the bookcase. Jaejoong smiled upon seeing Eunhee’s focused self, she even had a small cute frown on her face. Jaejoong got alarmed when the chair started moving while Eunhee was tiptoeing and so he hurried towards the chair and held it firmly.

Eunhee was surprised when she felt a sudden force put on the chair she was standing on. She was even more surprised to see the person holding it. While she was turning to Jaejoong she suddenly lost her balance but quickly able to regain it. She took out a deep breath of relief.

“I’ll do it.” Jaejoong suggested, asking Eunhee to go down. But Eunhee shook her head and answered.

“No it’s alright I can handle it Jaejoong-sshi.”

So Eunhee tried again. But Jaejoong was too worried that she might fall, so he decided to hold her waist to assist her. With the sudden contact and knowing that Jaejoong was the one holding her, Eunhee got startled and lost her balance. In the end, instead of preventing Eunhee from falling, Jaejoong actually caused it. Eunhee closed her eyes expecting to feel the hard floor but to her surprise she felt none.

“Ah!” Jaejoong exclaimed, immediately catching Eunhee but as soon as he caught her, he tripped on a small box that was behind him. Fortunately for him the bed was just behind him too so his back actually fell on the bed and Eunhee was safely secured in his arms--on top of him.

When the two both opened their eyes, they were face to face only an inch away from each other. Shocked, they can’t seem to move their bodies and just stared at each other.

Hearing a sudden scream from the other room, Hanuel, Jiyong and Ah Yeon ran towards its origin. They were so surprised to see Eunhee lying on top of Jaejoong. The two were just staring at each other with their faces only an inch away.

“OH MY GAWD! I TOTALLY DIDN’T EXPECT THIS! SERIOUSLY ON THE FIRST DAY?!” Hanuel squealed in English.

“You didn’t even save it for tonight!” Ah Yeon added as she tried to stop herself from giggling.

“Oh! As expected Jae doesn’t waste any time!!” Jiyong exclaimed, laughing his head off.

Upon hearing their friends, Eunhee snapped back to reality and pulled herself up. She immediately turned away as she blushed madly. The three newcomers burst into laughter and were teasing them by leaving them alone.

“What are we even doing here? Come on let’s give them some alone time.” Hanuel giggled as she held Jiyong and Ah Yeon.

“Don’t be too rough on Eunhee, okay Jae?!” Jiyong exclaimed and received a slap in the arm from Hanuel though she actually laughed so hard with his remark.

“He-hey!! WAIT FOR ME!”Eunhee shouted as she ran after them.

Seeing Eunhee approaching the three ran downstairs, laughing endlessly.

Jaejoong stayed lying on the bed as he face-palmed himself. But after a few moments as he recollected everything that happened, he actually found himself laughing softly.

“Those guys are crazy.” He muttered, forming a silly smile on his face.

Jaejoong rose up from the bed and scanned the bedroom. A frown formed when he realized that Eunhee decided that this will be her room. Of course Jaejoong didn’t really expect for the two of them to stay in the same room but he actually wanted Eunhee to have the master’s bedroom. Shrugging, he let her do what she wants.

 ---

“So who did you invite?” Jaejoong asked his sister who came to his room and helped him arrange some of his stuffs.

“My friends, Key, Minho, Onew and Jonghyun, Seungri-oppa can’t come since he has a schedule. I don’t know about TOP-oppa though.” Hanuel answered casually as she placed Jaejoong’s favorite CD’s on its rack.

“Why is it all your friends are guys?” Jaejoong exclaimed, lifting a brow at his sister.

“Because guy friends mean less drama, they’re much easier to hang out with.” Hanuel turned to her brother for him to see how she rolled her eyes as she answered.

“Wait, did you say you invited TOP?!” Jaejoong exclaimed, walking towards his sister. Hearing such reaction, Hanuel can’t help but laugh.

“Wae? It’s not me who invited him. It was Eunhee.” Hanuel replied, suppressing the smile she was forming. She can see Jaejoong’s unpleasant facial reaction. He clicked his tongue in annoyance.

“Ah! He won’t be coming! I know he has to go somewhere today!” Jaejoong exclaimed with a huge grin as he remembered TOP’s list of activities.

“Oppa, you’ll never know what TOP-oppa will do. Just like last month even though he was busy, he always seemed to invite Eunhee out. Unlike someone I know.” Hanuel exclaimed.

“Wae?! He did what!?” Jaejoong grabbed Hanuel’s shoulders and shook her repeatedly.

“I said they’re hanging out together!!” Hanuel shouted at him, trying to stop Jaejoong from shaking her off. Hearing Hanuel confirming, Jaejoong dropped his hands and sighed in defeat.

“Wae? Why are you so affected? You don’t like her that way right?” Hanuel raised her brows as she smiled teasingly.

“Shut up.”

“Hmm… You’re still not going to admit it to your younger sister. Aish… My heart is hurting oppa~!” Hanuel exclaimed dramatically, putting the back of her hand on her forehead—acting as if she was about to faint.

“Aish! Kim Hanuel! Okay fine I like her!” Jaejoong caught his sister just before she could hit the floor.

“Aaaah!! Finally! Finally! Oh oppa! I’m soooo proud of you!” Hanuel squealed as she jumped onto her brother, offering him a very tight hug.

“But you must help me!” Jaejoong exclaimed, pushing Hanuel lightly.

“Eh? I’ll try. Eunhee asked me to do not even try mentioning you to her. She gets mad whenever I or try to remind her of you.” Hanuel pouted.

“Huh? Why? Doesn’t she like me anymore?!” Jaejoong said with a frown.

“Ah, I think she still likes you. It’s just that she’s actually trying to forget her feelings for you. You can’t blame her you know. You’ve been very insensitive about her, especially how you treated her the night that you kissed her. You made her felt like she’s just like other girls you’ve play around with.” Hanuel said seriously, which actually made Jaejoong feel worse.

“I know. I want to make up to it. But she’s totally avoiding me.” Jaejoong frowned and sighed.

“Don’t worry, you have a lot of time. You live in the same house.” Hanuel patted Jaejoong’s back as she gave him a soft smile.

“Yeah, but can you help me tonight?” Jaejoong exclaimed sitting on the bed. He patted the space next to him, asking Hanuel to sit.

“What is it?”

“Help me make Eunhee call me oppa. It’s kind of annoying that she’s still calling me Jaejoong-sshi, while… She calls TOP, Seunghyun-oppa.” Jaejoong lowered his head, very embarrassed that he was actually saying this to his sister.

“Alright, alright, I will. You don’t have to sulk like a lost child.” Hanuel giggled as she rested her head on Jaejoong’s shoulder.

“I’ll make up to you by helping you out with Jiyong.” Jaejoong exclaimed as he smirked at his sister who immediately blushed upon hearing the name he just said.

“I… I don’t need your help you know!” Hanuel exclaimed, slapping Jaejoong on his arm. She stood from the bed and stomped her way out of the room before she can receive anymore teasing from her brother. While Jaejoong just laughed at her reaction.

---

Jaejoong didn’t invite much guests, in fact he only invited his four closest friends—Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin. Yunho was the first one to arrive.

When Yunho arrived, Jaejoong greeted him warmly and led him to their spacious living room. On its right was the open kitchen where a number of food and drinks were laid out nicely.

“Where’s your fiancé?” Yunho asked, looking around the house.

“She’s at the yard, cooking some meat for later.” Jaejoong answered as he passed Yunho a glass of wine.

“Aren’t you supposed to be the one doing that? Or the helpers?” Yunho asked as he lifted a brow at his friend.

“I sent the helpers away. Eunhee and Hanuel wanted this house warming party to be an intimate one. I want to help her but she insisted that I welcome the incoming guests.” Jaejoong answered as he too served himself a glass of wine. Jaejoong and Yunho then walked towards the glass door that led to the yard. They watched as Eunhee, Hanuel, Jiyong and Ah Yeon talking as they cooked.

Soon enough the rest of the people invited arrived. Jonghyun, Minho and Key arrived at the same time. Onew arrived a little bit earlier almost the same time as Junsu and Yoochun. When dinner time came Changmin arrived.

“Oh! You’re right on time, we’re just about to eat.” Jaejoong greeted Changmin who smiled seeing all the food behind Jaejoong.

“Ah~! When it comes to food, he has the best timing.” Yoochun exclaimed, which actually made the rest laugh.

“Oh!  Hi everyone!” After examining the food, Changmin turned to the other people in the room and waved.

“Ah, jinja!” Jaejoong shook his head and asked Changmin to sit at the empty seat.

Jaejoong set up a tent outside where a long table and two long log benches were arranged. The foods that were on the kitchen counter a while ago were now laid out on the middle of the table. Not far from the table was the grill where the meats were cooked and are being cooked.

Jaejoong took charge of the grill as the others started eating. He watched Eunhee who was seated beside Hanuel and Ah Yeon, oh how he wished he was the one sitting beside her and not the one feeling all the smoke from the grill. Jaejoong’s eyes wandered around the table and he felt like someone’s missing. It took him a few moments before he realized that no dagger-glares were pointing at him.

‘I wonder where’s that kid?’ He mumbled to himself as he saw no Taemin in sight. But he simply shrugged it off and was happy enough that he doesn’t have to deal with the kid.

Jaejoong finally finished cooking another batch of meat. He gently placed it on the middle of the table and was about to sit but Changmin was sitting on the place he wanted to sit which was in front of Eunhee. He patted Changmin’s shoulder and gestured him to move but Changmin simply shove his hand off, obviously too busy eating. Jaejoong frowned and let a soft groan escape his lips. He attempted again and this time pushed him to the side since they’re sitting on a long log bench. Changmin turned to him with a frown (he still has a piece of meat on his mouth), he glared at Jaejoong which actually made Jaejoong back off a little. Well every one of his friends knows that no one shall disturb Changmin as he eats.

“What the ?! You can sit there!” Changmin swallowed what he was eating and exclaimed, pointing at the space by the end of the bench. Jaejoong got embarrassed as everyone was now looking at them.

“I want to sit here! Just move a little! Damn it! I was the first one sitting here on the first place! Damn it! This is my house!” Jaejoong exclaimed, pushing Changmin as he tried to fight back.

“Aish!! You just want to sit in front of Eunhee!” Changmin shouted back at him as he finally stood up and went to the empty space beside Yoochun.

Jaejoong gaped as his friend just threw him under the bus. He glanced at Eunhee who immediately looked away as his eyes laid on her. Jaejoong cleared his throat and fixed his shirt before sitting. He grabbed one can of beer and gulped it down. He stopped when he felt Yunho’s hand on his shoulder. He raised a brow at him while Yunho simply answered. “You’re drinking too fast, too much.” It was true, Jaejoong finished 3 glasses of red wine a while ago with Yunho and this was already his third can of beer.

“Psh. I know how to drink.” Jaejoong exclaimed and finished the newly opened can. Yunho sighed knowing that this was Jaejoong’s way of releasing the stress and tension he has at the moment.

Jaejoong finally ate and was secretly observing Eunhee. Eunhee doesn’t seem to mind the staring or she was just that good at pretending. Eunhee continued on talking to her friends and sometimes even with Jaejoong’s friends whenever they asked her some questions but what took Jaejoong’s attention was how frequent she was checking and texting on her phone. Jaejoong thought it was Taemin but Eunhee’s next reaction proven him wrong.

Eunhee smiled hugely as she read the latest message she received. She then stood from her seat exclaimed.

“I’ll just get the door, Seunghyun oppa’s here.” She said to Hanuel.

Then Jaejoong realized it was actually TOP who Eunhee was texting since they began to eat. Jaejoong sighed as he watched Eunhee head for the door. He opened another can of beer and resumed eating. Jaejoong’s friends exchanged glances as they watched their friend’s face darkened by the minute.

---

TOP was still wearing his clothes from the fanmeet when he proceed to Eunhee’s house, he was already tired but all his exhaustion soon disappeared when he saw Eunhee welcoming him with a huge smile. She then grabbed his wrist and led him inside.

“Wow! It’s cozy here!” TOP commented as he witness the spacious and bright interior of the house.

“Well yeah, I like the house too.” Eunhee exclaimed, “The others are at the back. Let’s go I know you must be hungry because of work.” Eunhee added as she pulled TOP towards the small party.

“Oh! Annyeong TOP-oppa!” Hanuel exclaimed as she gestured TOP to sit with them. Yunho and the others gave him nods of recognition as well. Jaejoong turned towards the new comer but didn’t bother to greet him. His eyes were too focused on Eunhee’s hand holding his wrist. His hands turned into a fist as an uncomfortable feeling started to build up on his chest. Yet again Yunho tapped his shoulder and almost immediately Jaejoong turned his attention to the beer he was drinking and food he was eating.

Eunhee asked the others to move and give more space on the end of the lounge so both TOP and her can sit. She then transferred her plate to the other side of the table and gave TOP a plate and pair of utensils.

Jaejoong frowned and clicked his tongue in annoyance. ‘Why did he even come?! He’s supposed to have a schedule today. ‘

Now how am I supposed to steal Eunhee’s attention?’ Jaejoong thought. He let out a sigh of frustration and headed towards the pool area where he brought his fourth can of beer and puffed some cigarettes.

‘Just like what Hanuel said, he’ll really make an effort for Eunhee. What should I do now? The she doesn’t even care that I left the table.’ Jaejoong thought as he saw Eunhee attending to TOP. He let go of a deep breath and rolled his eyes, yet again he drank more beer.

----

Taemin never really approved the arrangement Jaejoong and Eunhee have. He doesn’t like the idea of them living at the same house and so he didn’t go to the house warming party and pretend that he was okay. Over the past few weeks, he has been distancing himself from Eunhee because he can’t seem to stop arguing with her. He would always bring up the topics Eunhee’s doesn’t want to talk about. The two of them got tired of arguing and so slowly they just stopped talking to each other. Taemin just grew angrier at Jaejoong by this fact.

“Hey! Taemin-ah!” Taemin’s attention immediately went to the girl who called him. A huge smile immediately grew on his face. Taemin was currently at Cassies, supporting the girl who he has been taking his interest.

“Hi!” He exclaimed. His eyes then darted to the person holding Haerin by the shoulder. He knew it was just one of Haerin’s band members but he can’t seem to stop feeling jealous about the fact that they can easily touch her.

“You said you want to meet my members right?” Haerin exclaimed with a grin, she then gestured the four gentlemen behind and beside her.

“This is Chanyeol our drummer.” Haerin pointed at the tall guy holding her with ease.

“This one is Baekhyun, our vocalist, Lay our pianist and lastly Sehun our bassist.” Haerin exclaimed.

“Oh! Nice to meet you! I’m Lee Taemin.” Taemin bowed his head and offered them a small smile.

“I heard your sister’s Lee Eunhee. Is it true?” Baekhyun asked with a huge smile.

“Yeah, and?” Taemin exclaimed, lifting a brow.

“Nothing, we just saw on TV. Director Kim has a very pretty fiancé. Your sister’s really pretty.” Chanyeol exclaimed with a huge grin. Upon hearing his words, Haerin hit Chanyeol’s stomach with her elbow.

“What did I do?” Chanyeol whined but immediately shut up when he saw Taemin’s aura getting darker.

Taemin frowned when he heard what Chanyeol said. Seriously this guy was starting to piss him off. First because he was too close to Haerin, second was because he just reminded him of his sister and his despicable fiancé. But as soon as he seen the look at Chanyeol’s face, he smiled softly.

“So how’s JJ entertainment so far?” Taemin exclaimed, changing the topic.

“It’s great! The management is really great! They take good care of us.” Lay answered softly. Taemin gave out a small smile.

They talked for a while until the band was asked by the owner to finally play for the night. So the band did precede back stage as they get themselves ready. When they left, Taemin realized that Haerin left her phone as it was lying on the table. He smiled at Haerin’s carelessness, he then grabbed it and followed the band backstage. He was just about to approach them when he heard them talking.

“What are you doing hanging out with a rich kid?” Chanyeol exclaimed as he fixed Haerin’s guitar for her.

“What’s wrong with it?” Haerin frowned as she had a feeling that her members don’t particularly like Taemin. None of them answered and just continued to intently look at her.

“We’re friends alright? Is there something wrong with that?” Haerin answered.

“Nothing is wrong but make sure that you won’t get too attach. I don’t ever want to see you sulking or crying because of him.” Chanyeol exclaimed, grabbing his drumsticks.

“I think you’re over-reacting Chanyeol-ah!” Haerin let a laugh out though she can feel discourage with the things her friends are telling her. She cannot deny it, she came to like Taemin already. She just cannot find anything to dislike about the guy.

“The guy is rich.” Sehun exclaimed, Haerin turned to her with a frown. She was obviously confused at the moment.

“So?”

“Haven’t you heard about the rumors going around the agency?” Baekhyun answered. Haerin shook her head as she was clueless about what they’re talking about.

“Director Kim and his fiancé’s wedding was nothing but an arrangement.” Baekhyun added. Slowly Haerin’s getting the idea of where the conversation will lead. But still she acted as if she was clueless.

“That means one day, that guy you’re being too close to with, will have the same fate as his sister. Get it? If you fall in love with him, you’ll end up crying!” Chanyeol exclaimed while patting Haerin’s back.

“Oh! And if the two of you really work out, the best thing you could ever be is to be his mistress.” Lay said dully which actually made Haerin to glare at him.

“Look, we’re just saying that be careful alright? We care about you a lot.” Chanyeol softly said. Haerin stared at him for a while, after a few moments and a sigh, she finally smiled.

Taemin felt a certain tug in his heart. He has to admit that he was hurt but he also has to admit that Haerin’s friends were right. He wasn’t meant for her. Their worlds are too much far apart, why did he even bother knowing her? Why did he try to approach her? Why did he hope for something to develop between the two of them when he knew the fact that he would only end up hurting her? Did he think that he was strong enough to fight the fate that was arranged for him? Maybe he thought he can but now maybe not. 

With weak knees, Taemin dragged himself towards the manager of Cassies. He then gave him Haerin’s phone to him and left without any words.

---

"So what are we gonna do tomorrow?" Jiyong asked. It was already Hanuel's turn to take over the grill while she does that Jiyong has been accompanying and talking to her. Ever since he arrived, he never left Hanuel's side, in every chance he can get he would always hang out with her -- before school, during lunch breaks and after school. They couldn't have enough of each other. They've been apart for too long and now that they can have each other, Jiyong promised to spend it wisely until the last moment.

Jiyong's smile slowly faded when he saw Hanuel's attention being stolen by her phone.

"Hey" Jiyong slightly nudged Hanuel which made the girl look at him.

"I'm sorry Seungri asked something." Hanuel exclaimed and quickly hid her phone in her pocket.

"Oh I see." Jiyong simply said as he tried to smile again. He has been hearing that name more than he wanted to. He admits he's quite jealous with the guy because he has been spending time with Hanuel when he cannot even be there for her. Hanuel told him that they were only friends but Jiyong cannot help but questions Seungri's intention. He knew it was quite unfair for him to judge Seungri since they haven't meet each other yet but still he cannot stop envying the guy.

"What were you saying again?" Hanuel smiled genuinely.

"Oh right! What are we gonna do tomorrow?" Jiyong asked. Hanuel thought for a while and like a light bulb her face lit up.

"Oh! I have to meet Seungri tomorrow. I promised I'll treat him since he cannot join my birthday party." Hanuel said, turning her attention to the meat she was cooking. She felt bad for arranging the meeting with Seungri because she promised to spend every day with Jiyong. She secretly hoped that Jiyong won't sulk about the issue.

"Oh I see. I'll hang out with Taemin then." Jiyong tried his best to make his tone as casual as possible. Jiyong looked away as he was sure that he’s eyes might reflect his real feelings.

“ I’m sorry.” Hanuel said in a small voice, though her voice is small the guilt she was feeling was oozing out which actually made Jiyong laugh.

“Ah! Don’t worry about it! How about we meet before or after you hang out with him?” Jiyong suggested, upon hearing this Hanuel’s expression lit up as she nodded excitingly. Jiyong cannot help but to smile larger. He then ruffled her hair, seeing that Hanuel didn’t change a bit. She was still the bright and happy go lucky Hanuel. He never wants to break that and so he must never let her know.

“By the way where are you going to celebrate your birthday?” Jiyong asked, still focused on the girl beside him.

“Oh! We have a villa in Jeju island. You’ll be there and everyone here well except TOP-oppa since his schedule doesn’t allow him to. Plus I promised to help Jaejoong-oppa.” Hanuel exclaimed as she wiggled her brows.

“There you are again, I though Eunhee doesn’t like it when you with Jaejoong?” Jiyong sighed as yet again Hanuel’s playing cupid.

“Well, things are different now! I will make sure those two will end up with each other! I just have to make a perfect scenario!” Hanuel exclaimed wittily and smirked with all the ideas she has in mind.

“Aish! This girl is creepy!” Jiyong chuckled as he pretended to shiver. Hanuel playfully glared at her but ended up laughing when Jiyong pretended he was scared.

---

Everyone has just finished eating. Hanuel and Jiyong cleaned up the grill while Eunhee decided to clean up the dishes. The other wanted to help too but Eunhee insisted that the guests shouldn’t clean up. In the end Jaejoong’s friend rested with full stomachs in the living room while the others roam around the house. Key, Minho and Jonghyun were playing some video games upstairs while Ah Yeon and Onew stayed by the pool area.

 “Here.” Onew pressed a cold can of coke on Ah Yeon’s cheek which made the latter jumped a litte.

“Thanks.” Ah Yeon simply said as she watched Onew sitting next to her.

“What are you thinking?” Onew asked. Well just before he came to bring what Ah Yeon was requesting he actually saw her staring at the pool in daze.

“Nothing.” Ah Yeon replied.

“Oh! I thought you were thinking of going for a swim. Oh wait you can’t swim.” Onew exclaimed and laughed. Ah Yeon playfully hit him in the arm that made Onew laugh more.

“I miss this.” Ah Yeon exclaimed. Upon hearing Ah Yeon’s word, Onew was taken aback and stiffen a little.

“Huh?” He replied quietly.

“I miss this, only you and me.” Ah Yeon said softly as she stared at the water.

“Eh? You’re talking as if I left or something.” Onew chuckled as he too stared at the water.

“Well, I’m happy that I gained some friends but I cannot deny the fact that I miss the times when only there’s only you and me.” Ah Yeon stated. You can hear the slight sadness on her voice. Onew didn’t know what to say, he just twirl the drinks he has in hand.

“I think we’re closer before.” Ah Yeon exclaimed. She can recall that over the past few weeks Onew has been distancing himself. She didn’t know why but she guessed that it was because he gets out of place whenever the girls talk to her.

“By the way, I thought about what you said before. You were right, maybe I do like Key.” Ah Yeon exclaimed as she stood from her seat. Onew was shocked by what he just heard. Is she serious? He felt his heart trembled as the words Ah Yeon just said repeated in his ears.

“He asked me tomorrow. I should go right?” Ah Yeon asked as she turned towards Onew whose eyes were still on the unmoving water.

“Oi! Onew!” Ah Yeon flicked his forehead. Onew turned to Ah Yeon and simply nodded. He cannot seem to open his mouth. He felt too weak at the moment and yet he doesn’t understand why.

“Alright. We’ll see what happens.” Ah Yeon said as she went inside the house, leaving Onew helpless. Onew has been teasing and pushing Ah Yeon towards Key and now that she acknowledged it, he cannot stop his heart from feeling betrayed. Why did he even do that in the first place? Is he hoping that maybe Ah Yeon would weigh the two of them and she would come to realize that Onew is much more important and the one for him? Yeah maybe he hoped for that. What should he do now?

 ---

Jaejoong found Eunhee in the kitchen, struggling with the dishwasher. She frowned and knelt in front of it, trying to figure out how it works. Jaejoong can’t stop himself from letting a smile slip. Why does he find Eunhee’s small gesture really cute all the time? He put down the can of beer he was holding and approached the confused girl.

“Here I’ll do it.” Jaejoong swatted next to Eunhee and made the machine work.

“Ah, thank you Jaejoong-sshi.” Eunhee bowed a little and stood up. Jaejoong pouted and turned to Hanuel who came early enough to hear what Eunhee just said. Hanuel smiled at his brother and did what he wanted.

“Ne, Eunhee-ah. I think you have to start calling your Jaejoong-sshi as Jaejooong-oppa.” Hanuel exclaimed which made the girl frown.

“Wae?” Eunhee asked in a small voice.

“Because you have to get used to it.” Hanuel added.

“Ha?” Eunhee exclaimed still quite confused.

“We’re living together. Our parents expect us to get closer so you better start calling me oppa and make your parents happy.” Jaejoong exclaimed as he tried to suppress the smile he has.

Eunhee let go of a sigh but nodded. “Okay then.” She then headed back to the backyard and collected more dirty dishes while the siblings grin at each other.

“By the way Jaejoong-oppa, you’re turning red already, better slow down on the alcohol.” Hanuel exclaimed as she passed by her brother. Jaejoong simply nodded and gave her a salute.

“Aish! You’re getting drunk!” Hanuel lightly hit Jaejoong .

“I’m not. I think?” Jaejoong denied but Hanuel didn’t believe him and left.

Jaejoong was waiting for Eunhee’s return in the kitchen, expecting her to bring more unwashed dishes but instead it was TOP who came back. Jaejoong didn’t hide his unpleased face to his friend and exclaimed.

“What are you doing?” Jaejoong coldly said.

“I’m helping Eunhee-ah.” TOP plainly said as he laid the plates on the kitchen counter.

“TOP, how many times I told you to stop meddling with my relationship with Eunhee?” Jaejoong said, walking towards the younger man. TOP cannot help but laugh upon hearing his remarks.

“Chill, I’m just helping you clean up.” TOP said as he chuckled.

“That’s not what I meant. I called your manager and he told me that you requested to hurry the fan meet. You want to see Eunhee that badly? And you bother to do that in front of me?” Jaejoong exclaimed as he intently look at TOP. TOP let out a sigh and cleared his throat.

“I did ask him to let it finish it earlier but he didn’t listen to me. There’s no traffic that’s why I made it here.” TOP explained. Jaejoong just stared at him, waiting for him to answer the second question he asked.

“Fine, fine. I want to see her that badly.” TOP exclaimed as he smiled at Jaejoong.

“Stop seeing her.” Jaejoong firmly said.

“She’s a friend.” TOP simply answered, he didn’t lie but he didn’t also tell the whole truth of how he sees Eunhee.

“We both know, you want something more than that.” Jaejoong exclaimed and turned to the dishwasher.

“Look. I’m being a friend, Jae. You said you want her to break off the marriage.” TOP exclaimed as he leaned towards the kitchen counter, giving Jaejoong a smile (which kind of annoyed Jaejoong).

“I changed my mind.” Jaejoong said dully as he turned towards his friend.

“Then, may the best man win.” TOP exclaimed, giving Jaejoong a grin. Jaejoong lifted a brow at him, curious if his friend was indeed serious about what he said.

“Fine then.” Jaejoong answered confidently, smirking. He has some advantage with the challenge, heck he’s Eunhee’s fiancé and they live under the same roof but then again his previous acts hurt the girl resulting for her to avoid him.

“If she chooses me, you have to support us and give way.” TOP said, not letting the smile he has on to disappear.

“Sure. I respect you and I know you know that. Let’s not make this ruin our friendship okay?” Jaejoong exclaimed, offering TOP a hand shake.

“Of course my dear Jaejoongie~!” TOP replied with a huge grin.

“Seunghyun-oppa! Can you help me please?” Eunhee shouted from the backyard. TOP immediately ran towards her but did not forget to tease Jaejoong little by smirking at him before he left.

Jaejoong clicked his tongue in annoyance as he yet again grabbed the can of beer he was drinking. He finished everything in one gulp. His eyes darted towards outside where Eunhee was shyly thanking TOP. Jaejoong took a deep breath and mumbled “This will be harder than I thought…”

---

 “Aish! I told you, you were drinking too much! But you said ‘psh! I know how to drink’” Yunho mocked as he helped the now half conscious Jaejoong.

“Eunhee-ah, where’s his room?” Yunho turned to the girl beside him. Eunhee then ran ahead and led their way. TOP grabbed Jaejoong’s right arm and put it on his shoulder, just like what Yunho was doing with Jaejoong’s left arm.

“Shut up! I can drink more if I want to!” Jaejoong mumbled, trying to argue with Yunho. Yunho just made a face and was stopping himself to hit the guy.

“Hey! Hyung! Can you handle Jae? We’re going to leave now.” Junsu exclaimed as he was followed by Changmin and Yoochun.

“Yeah, TOP said he’s going to stay for a while. I guess we can handle it here.” Yunho answered back before taking another step. His friends then left. Eunhee’s friends earlier, leaving Hanuel and Jiyong cleaning up the mess they made.

As soon as they reached Jaejoong’s room, Eunhee rushed towards the bed and fixed the pillows and blanket so TOP and Yunho can laid Jaejoong properly. The three of them sighed seeing the ridiculous Jaejoong and cannot help but laugh at him.

“Sorry I have to leave now, I still have an early meeting tomorrow.” Yunho exclaimed.

“Sure oppa! Thank you for your help! Take care!” Eunhee politely exclaimed and gave Yunho a slight bow. After Yunho left, Eunhee stared at TOP and said.

“Oppa, I think you should leave too. I know you’re tired already.” But TOP shook his head.

“No, it’s alright. I’ll help you clean up.” TOP exclaimed, Eunhee tried to argue but she knew once TOP made a decision he won’t change his mind anymore.

“Alright then, I’ll just tuck Jaejoong-sshi in and I shall follow you downstairs.” Eunhee exclaimed as she turned towards Jaejoong. TOP wanted to stay but somehow he doesn’t want to see Eunhee attending to Jaejoong and so he left.

Eunhee sat on the bed as she gently took Jaejoong’s shoes off. She then gently pulled the covers on him. She let a smile slip as she watched Jaejoong’s sleeping face. He was like an angel resting quietly. Why does he have to act all snobbish and rude when he has such a beautiful face? Eunhee let go of a sigh as she gently caressed his cheeks. It broke her heart, knowing that Jaejoong will never feel the same way she has felt for him. She shook her head as she realized what she was doing.

“Aish! What are you doing Lee Eunhee!” She mumbled as she hit herself lightly. Eunhee was just about to stand up when she felt a hand pulling her wrist.

“Eunhee-ah” Eunhee heard her name being called and so she turned in reflex. When she turned Jaejoong was already sitting up and swiftly put a hand on her cheek. Eunhee was so surprised as she realized that her face was only a few inches away from Jaejoong, she wanted to back away but she was frozen on the spot.

“Jae-“ Eunhee tried to say but was immediately cut off by Jaejoong when she felt his lips  brushing onto hers. He kissed her so lightly and gently unlike the first time he kissed her. For a moment Eunhee was surprised but the warmness she felt from the kiss made her unconsciously drown and made her kiss back.

“Eunhee-ah where are the other ga—“ TOP’s eyes budged as he just witness what Jaejoong and Eunhee were doing. Hearing TOP’s approach Eunhee immediately snapped back to reality. She opened her eyes that were slowly closing and slapped Jaejoong and made him fall down on the bed.

Eunhee turned towards TOP with nothing but shame and embarrassment. Eunhee wiped her lips and covered it as she ran towards her room. As soon as TOP recovered from the shock, he followed Eunhee and found her crying as she hid her face on the pillow she was holding. TOP sighed as he watched her weep. Not resisting her even though he was so hurt by what he saw, he gently approached Eunhee and put an arm around her shoulder.

“Hey, hey… Calm down.” TOP exclaimed as he rubbed her back. She was crying too much it hurt him. Why is she even crying?

“I hate myself! I hate it! Why do I always end up falling for him?! When he was just obviously playing with my feelings?! Arrgh! Why did I even let him do that?! Why!? I thought I told myself enough that I shouldn’t let him manipulate me through my feelings! I promised myself to stop feeling this way! Why can’t I stop falling for him when I know he’ll never feel the same way?! Why am I causing myself pain that I don’t even deserve?” Eunhee exclaimed in frustration, she was hitting the pillow she was holding and clenching her fists so tightly that her nails were starting to scar her hands.

“Hey! Hey! Don’t hurt yourself.” TOP exclaimed as he grabbed both of her hands. He then pulled her into a hug, comforting her. Eunhee cried some more on his chest as she cursed herself for the feelings she was having.

“I’ve always been following what everybody expects me to do. I’ve never hurt anyone! I… I always think of others before myself then why can’t I get the only person I want! And among all the human beings in this wide universe why did I choose that arrogant, obnoxious guy who obviously hates my existence?” Eunhee sobbed harder. This was the second time she broke down, she had always tried her best to keep everything to herself, afraid that she’ll just burden the people around her.

TOP didn’t know what to do. He wanted to make Eunhee feel better but he knew that the things she wanted to hear were the words that will make him lose her. Thanks to the little man-to-man talk TOP had with Jaejoong, he already knew that Jaejoong’s feeling for Eunhee is nothing compare to what he used to think. Jaejoong’s already falling for her.

TOP wanted to say it but he cannot betray his own heart. Though guilt was killing him, he just kept quiet and tried his best to comfort Eunhee by hugging him tightly.

“Please stop crying. It hurts seeing you like this.” TOP whispered to Eunhee.

‘Why can’t you just choose me? Why does it have to be him?’ TOP thought to himself, feeling his heard aching by the minute.

Eunhee felt bad for making TOP stay and burdening him but she really needed someone. She was always grateful that TOP was there, always trying to ease the pain she was in and making her smile all the time. Oh how she wish that TOP would take Jaejoong’s place so that in that way things will be easier and less painful. TOP is so much easier to love, oh how she wished she could just stop what she was feeling for Jaejoong and pour it all out to TOP.

But she can’t. She just can’t…

--------

Hi! So that's chapter 10! 
As always I would love to read your comments! 
So please do drop some! Thanks for my new 
subcriber and to all the people who read this story 
and gave me some comments! <3 

Yui-dea~

p.s not proofread as always, sorry for all the mistakes I made. 

01-27-14