25 | A Night of Glamour or Not

Tied by Fate

Chapter 25

A Night of Glamour or Not

Waiting for her girlfriend to finish getting ready, Jaejoong busied himself with reading the guests list and their profiles. Eunhee told him to be at least familiar with the people there. It would be nice to impress his father tonight. She said that if he just changes his father's view of him, it can become a great advantage for him in the future. Since Eunhee suggested it, Jaejooong gave it a try.

'Instead of rebelling why don't you gain his trust and manipulate him using that trust he gave you? Before you know it, he will be the one asking for your idea, suggestion or even approval. The company will be yours in the end anyway, knowing your father he won't just give it away to anyone.' He can still remember her wise words. How can an eighteen year old girl come out with these thoughts? While when he was at her age, all he can think about was how to piss his father off by getting into fights.

"Oppa!" Eunhee called out as she walked down from the second floor of their suite. The Kims and the Lees (and some of their VIP guests) were currently staying at Serendipity itself. The opening party will start in a while

Upon hearing her call, Jaejoong immediately turned to his girlfriend. He stood up in awe and cannot help but make a huge grin. She was so beautiful. Eunhee was wearing an Elie Saab long gown. The top part was a tube, exposing her neck and shoulder-- to Jaejoong’s delight. The bottom part was really fun to look at as the fabric flows elegantly while she walks. The color suits her personality quite well, light blue. He slowly approached her and took her hand, kissing the back of it.

"You look great!" He happily exclaimed. Eunhee bit her lower lips from the flattery. She cannot help but looked at Jaejoong the same way. He was gorgeous. He was wearing a very elegant imprinted suit with a blue dress shirt.

"I love it when you style your hair up. Aish, handsome forehead." Eunhee complimented him back. Jaejoong gracefully wrapped his arms around her waist and gently pulled her closer.

"I love it when you style your hair up too." Jaejoong smirked, his eyes focused on her exposed neck. He leaned in and left wet kisses on her bare neck and shoulders, making the girl shattered a little. "Yah oppa." Eunhee complained but it sounded more of a moan, making the guy chuckle.

"Okay, I'll behave." He said and pulled away, pecking her lips a few times.

"Let's go down?" Jaejoong asked, offering his arm for her to take.

"Did you learn the guests list already?" Eunhee asked, as she took Jaejoong's arm.

"Ahmm... Yeah." He said, the girl lifted her brow, knowing that he wasn't telling her the whole truth. Jaejoong bit his lips, knowing that the girl already figured him out.

"Half of it." He said, rubbing the back of his head. Eunhee smiled, seeing his shy face. She pressed a hand on his cheek and said.

"Good enough."

--

With a last sigh, Taemin finally hopped off his car. He stood in front of a hotel room and knocked patiently. He was asked by his parents to fetch Naeun from a hotel nearby where the family was currently staying. He didn’t want to do it but he was forced by his dad and persuaded by her mom to not argue anymore.

After a few knocks the door finally opened, Naeun’s face brightened up seeing the person on the other side of the door.

“Hi Taemin-sshi, come in. I’ll just get my things.” Naeun exclaimed and invited Taemin in. Taemin quietly made his way to the suite’s living room.

“Done.” Moments later, Naeun came back with a small bag on her shoulder which actually looked good with the dress she was wearing. It was a sleeveless long dress, which gorgeous flow down her slim physique. The colors were soft which was quite suitable with her get up for the night.

“Alright, let’s go now?” Taemin asked with a small smile.

“By the way you look great Taemin-sshi.” Naeun managed to pull the courage to say the words she has been thinking since she opened the door.

“You look beautiful yourself.” Taemin politely returned the compliment and opened the door for them to exit. Naeun cannot help but blush upon hearing his words. Their short walk towards the car was quiet. Taemin doesn’t have anything against the girl but he doesn’t want to be close to her as well-- knowing that it might just complicate his relationship with Haerin. He doesn’t want to give Haerin more things to worry about.

As a gentleman, Taemin held the door for her and walked to his side of the car. When he sat on his seat though, his phone started ringing. It was Haerin.

“Hi, hold on. This call is expensive. I’ll call you instead.” Taemin said and immediately hung up his phone just to call her again.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Taemin asked in concern.

“Nothing, really. Ahm... I just want to check on you. How are you?” Haerin said softly, it has only been two days since he left and yet she has already missed him so much. Taemin cannot help but chuckle upon hearing her shy voice.

“I’m doing just fine but it would have been better if you were here. I’m on my way to the party now.” Taemin answered back.

“Oh, I see. You must be in a hurry. I’m sorry. Let’s just talk later?” Haerin exclaimed.

“Not really, but yeah I think it’s better to talk later.” Taemin said with a smile.

“Alright. Bye oppa! I miss you!” Haerin exclaimed. Taemin can already imagine the possible grin on her face.

“I miss you too. Will see you as soon as I can.” Taemin said sincerely and finally Haerin hanged up.

Taemin put his phone back in his pocket, a silly smile was on his face. It was always nice having a conversation with Haerin. Oh how much he missed her girl already.

She cannot help but clenched her fist, somehow she felt quite sad for the fact that she was all of a sudden forgotten. She sighed, making the guy turn to him and finally recognizing her presence.

“Oh, I’m sorry about that.” Taemin said politely and drove off.

“Ahmm… Is that your girlfriend Taemin-sshi?” Naeun asked in a small voice, but since the car was quiet enough, Taemin was able to hear her.

“Yeah.” Taemin simply answered back and focused on his driving. He can feel the awkwardness in the car but he didn’t mind.

“I see.” Naeun said and looked away towards the window. That simply conversation that she overheard a while ago was enough for her to understand that Taemin’s heart was already closed and owned by someone he truly treasures.

--

Hanuel paced back in forth in her room. Eunhee has called her up already for her to go down. The girl also knew that Hanuel was nervous because there was really a huge chance that she will meet Jiyong again today. Eunhee tried to relax but it didn’t really last. All of a sudden she heard a knock on her door, making her jump a little out of surprise. Hanuel hurried to the door and a sigh of relief escaped when she saw TOP.

“Hey.” TOP said with a smile.

“Hi!” Hanuel exclaimed, shaking off the nervousness.

“Didn’t you forget? I will be your tonight.” TOP said and grabbed her hand, caressing it to ease her tension.

“I didn’t forget oppa.” Hanuel pasted a soft smile.

“They’re waiting downstairs, you should show them how gorgeous you look tonight.” TOP exclaimed and wink. For the first time that night, Hanuel was able to laugh a little. Hanuel really did look gorgeous that night. She was wearing a very elegant white Basil Soda dress. She carried it with grace and a hint of iness.

“You always know the right words to say oppa.” Hanuel replied and hooked her arms with his. The guy only chuckled and led her their way.

Soon enough the two reached the hotel’s lobby, as soon as they walked down the grand stairs endless shots and camera flashes hit the two’s eyes. Fortunately the press weren’t allowed inside the ballroom area.

“I thought I’m going to lose my sight.” Hanuel chuckled as soon as she stepped into the room filled with high profiled guests.

“I wonder where’s Eunhee.” Hanuel muttered under her breath. She and TOP wandered around the large room hoping to see the couple they were looking for. To Hanuel’s surprise though, she found another familiar couple instead.

“Ah Yeon-ah! Onew-ah!” She called out at the couple who were seated near the beverage area. Onew was in a black and white suit while Ah Yeon was in a red Elie Saab gown. She looked very regal in her dress.

“Oh! Hanuel! I’ve been looking for you since we came here!” Ah Yeon exclaimed as soon as they reached them. They exchanged a few friendly hugs and sat around the table.

“I didn’t know you were invited.” Hanuel exclaimed in pure curiosity.

Ah Yeon was just about to answer Hanuel’s remark when another couple approached them.

“OMOO!! You’re really here! I was so surprised to see the guest list. At first I didn’t believe it but waaaah! You’re really here!” They heard an excited voice in which the four people turned to. Eunhee excitedly hugged Ah Yeon and Onew.

“Well we didn’t believe it at first too.” Onew chuckled as Eunhee pulled away and sat with them. Jaejoong did the same and didn’t miss to greet everyone on the table.

“It was actually this guy’s family who was invited. I was just brought along by his mother. Apparently Onew’s parents were able to be acquainted with yours in some party.” Ah Yeon explained in which Eunhee smiled too.

“That’s great! From now on we will be able to see each other in formal gatherings.” Eunhee enthusiastically replied. She then leaned in and added “It won’t be as boring.” She said in a whisper, making the others chuckle.  

“I’ll always accompany you, so it won’t really be that boring.” Jaejoong chimed in, putting an arm around her shoulder.

“Yeah.” Eunhee eye smiled at him, but that immediately dropped when she saw a couple maybe in their mid-30s approaching them, she was sure they will hold a short conversation with them.

“Or not.” She added with a sigh.

 “You know them right? Mr. and Mrs. Cho of Ganju Corp.” Eunhee said softly to her boyfriend. It still amazed Jaejoong on how Eunhee was able to memorize everyone in that room. She doesn’t only know them by their faces, names and company they work for but she always knew their positions and latest news about them and their companies.

“Yeah, she used to cling around me before.” Jaejoong said, as his eyes travelled to Mrs. Cho. Hearing this, Eunhee cannot help but looked up to him with a glare.

“Yah!” Eunhee exclaimed, hitting him in the arm. “What? It was one time.” Jaejoong said back, making her frowned more. He was intentionally doing it for fun, somehow her jealous face satisfies him.

“Onew, Ah Yeon, Hanuel, Seunghyun. Excuse us for a while.” Jaejoong exclaimed and pulled Eunhee up from their seats. The four nodded their heads and laughed a little.

“Baby, fix your face.” Jaejoong whispered to the glaring girl as he watched the couple approached them. Eunhee sighed and finally painted a soft smile.

“Oh! Jaejoong-ah!” The woman exclaimed with a hint of familiarity. Eunhee cannot help but tighten her grip on Jaejoong’s arm. Jaejoong secretly smiled when he felt it.

“It’s nice to see you here Jiyeon-sshi.” Jaejoong replied politely and gazed at the woman’s husband.

“Nice to see you too. By the way this is my husband Cho Hyun Bin, the COO of Ganju Corp.” Jiyeon proudly exclaimed.

“Honey, this is Kim Jaejoong of WK corporation. I told you about him before right?” The woman cooed.

“Of course I remember. I heard a lot about you Jaejoong-sshi.” Hyun Bin remarked with a small smirk. Jaejoong didn’t like his tone but he let it slide.

“Now, who is this beautiful lady beside you?” He charmingly said and got a hold of Eunhee’s free hand. He gently rubbed it and was just about to kiss it when Jaejoong, slapped his hand away. The two guys exchanged sharp looks. No one was backing down. Eunhee took a deep breath and decided to cut the tension.

“I’m Lee Eunhee daughter of Lee Jung Ho.” Eunhee said with a bow. As soon as the couple heard it a drastic change happened on their faces. They were currently facing the owner’s daughter.

“Oh, I knew Jung Ho-sshi has a daughter but I never met her before. Who would have thought that she will be this beautiful? So she’s your fiancé isn’t she?” Hyun Bin exclaimed, eyeing at Eunhee from head to toe.

“Yeah, my one and only.” Jaejoong simply replied, pulling Eunhee possessively closer.

“Hmm… So no more playing around right?” Hyun Bin scoffed as he glanced at his wife then back to Jaejoong. Jiyeon guiltily looked away while Jaejoong didn’t react.

“Those days were long over. Eunhee’s more than I could ever ask for. I cannot make myself look to other women again. I guess it only take a great woman to make me stop my old ways.” Jaejoong said and lovingly looked down at Eunhee. She cannot help but smile with what he said. The couple in front of them was left speechless. Jiyeon was more than offended, Jaejoong made her feel less of a woman. She was glaring at Eunhee but the girl was too busy staring at her man to even be bothered.

“So if you could excuse us, my fiancé still has a lot of MORE important people to greet.” Jaejoong exclaimed and turned his back on them. His arm still wrapped on Eunhee’s waist as they walked away.

“That’s quite rude.” Eunhee mumbled.

“Well, he was insulting me and flirting with you. I don’t like it.” Jaejoong exclaimed, kissing her forehead. “Oh, Mr. and Mrs. Lim of Lily Real Estate, let’s greet them babe.” Jaejoong changed the topic.

“Waaah, you really did learn half of the guest list.” Eunhee exclaimed proudly while Jaejoong just made a smug face in which she laughed at.

--

Back to the other side of the room, Onew, Ah Yeon and Hanuel were still seated around the table where Eunhee and Jaejoong left them, TOP went away to meet his parents and other friends.

“You look bothered.” Ah Yeon finally voiced out her thoughts. It has been a while since she noticed Hanuel’s uncomfortable self. She has been constantly looking around as if searching for someone.

“Ah… No I’m fine.” Hanuel replied, forcing a smile.

“No you’re not.” Onew simply said, making the girl sighed in defeat. “Jiyong might be around here.” Hanuel exclaimed. Onew and Ah Yeon nodded in understanding they knew enough to understand.

“Do you want us to drag you away just in case you meet him?” Ah Yeon asked, she held Hanuel’s hand to give her some comfort. Hanuel appreciated her offer but she refused. She has to face the guy sooner or later. She has to have a closure with him so she can finally be happy with Seungri. But she cannot deny that she can already feel cold sweats just with the thought of meeting him. With a deep breath, she excused herself from the couple and headed out of the ballroom. She went to the balcony of the ballroom instead, knowing that the lobby might still be full of reporters. She knew they won’t go until the ribbon cutting ceremony.

She was leaning on the rail, letting the cool breeze touch her skin. Closing her eyes as she enjoyed the air, for a moment she felt at ease.

--

“Oh come on! Why do you have to come here if you don’t even want to show yourself! She has to know sooner or later!” His friend, Sandara exclaimed in annoyance.

“I just want to see her.” Jiyong muttered under his breath. Sandara walked closer to him and held his cheeks with her hands.

“She has to know. She has the right to know.” She tried to convince him more.

“It will be better this way. She won’t have to suffer along with me.” Jiyong said, there was a certain restraint on his voice. Sandara finally gave up, she has been trying to convince her since he came back to LA and told her everything that happened in Korea. She took a deep breath and hugged the lonely guy. Then they heard her.

“Sandara-noona, Jiyong-oppa?” Hanuel finally managed to say something. She heard the two enter the balcony. She doesn’t have any intention to show herself but after hearing what the two were talking about, she cannot resist anymore. She was aware that they were talking about her.

Sandara and Jiyong turned towards the origin of the voice. They were shocked as hell. Jiyong felt his heart dropping upon seeing her standing there with her eyes glistening in tears.

“Do I have to know something?” Hanuel said under her breath, her intense gaze not leaving the two. Sandara pursed her lips as she was so tempted to tell her the truth.

Seconds passed and no one spoke a word. Hanuel was feeling impatient already. She was clenching her fist in annoyance.

“Tell me!” Hanuel demanded making, Sandara’s heart jump. She looked up to Jiyong and he was just staring into space. Sandara nudged him and in that moment, he went back to reality. He held Sandara’s hand and took a deep breath.

“I’m going to marry Dara.” Jiyong said seriously. “Our parents arranged us. I have no choice but to agree. I cannot accept your love because of her.” Jiyong said in a straight manner almost rehearsed. But Hanuel cannot even notice his controlled voice, she was too emerged with his words. Every word he said pinned her intensely. She can feel her knees weakening, good enough that she was near the real and was able to hold onto it. She lowered her head, controlling her tears from falling. No she won’t cry in front of them. After a few moments, Hanuel lifted her head to meet the gaze of Jiyong and Sandara.

“Oh, I see. Congratulations then.” She forced a small smile. She nodded her head and walked passed through them.

“Hanuel wait.” Sandara tried to reach her but Jiyong held her back. “Let her be.” He managed to say. Hearing this, Hanuel only made her steps quicker. She wanted to reach her room immediately or else she might just burst.

“What the hell Jiyong?!” Sandara shove his hand away, glaring at him.

“She will be happier this way. I’m sure Seungri will take good care of her.” Jiyong said. Sadness was evident on his voice.

“You cannot just decide for her! Hanuel loves you! She has the right to know about the truth. She is the only one who can decide where she can truly be happy!” Sandara argued back. She was so frustrated with Jiyong. Though she can understand Jiyong’s side, she just cannot let things fall apart like this. If he doesn’t step up then maybe she can do something about it. He got her involved anyway.

Sandara was just about to walk out when she felt Jiyong hold onto her wrist again. She was planning to shake it off but she felt that it was a lot tighter. She looked back to Jiyong and he was already dropping on his knees. He was holding his chest and was breathing really heavily.

“Dara… Get me out of here.” Jiyong pleaded, he was sweating really badly. Worry took over Sandara’s body, she hurriedly helped him up by putting his arm around her shoulder while the other one was wrapped around his waist, assisting him as he walked.

--

Jaejoong and Eunhee were talking to some of their parents’ friends when they noticed Hanuel rushing back to her room. The couple exchanged worried looks and excused themselves from the ongoing conversation. Apparently Ah Yeon and Onew saw it too and so the four of them ended up following her.

They furiously knocked on Hanuel’s door but she wasn’t answering. A lot of crazy ideas popped into Jaejoong’s head, he was wishing that his beloved sister won’t do anything unnecessary. Fortunately enough, a room attendant crossed the corridor. Eunhee immediately called her attention and in an instant the attendant recognized her.

“Give me your key card. Open the door.” Eunhee ordered in which the attendant complied.

The four of them rushed inside the suite. They separated as soon as they entered. It will be much faster to search for her that way.

Jaejoong headed to the balcony where he found Hanuel, seating on the corner, hugging her legs tightly. She was burying her crying face on her arms. Jaejoong felt so bad seeing his sister in such state, how could his bright sister suffer like this? When she was always the positive one when it comes to love…

“Hannie-ah.” Jaejoong cooed and knelt down to hug his sister. Hanuel accepted his embrace and cried on her brother’s chest. Without a single word, Jaejoong understood the situation. She saw Jiyong and her meeting with him was unpleasant.

“He’s not worth it baby girl, please stop crying. It hurts oppa’s heart seeing you like this.” Jaejoong whispered to her as he rubbed her back in comfort.

“I know oppa! But it hurts so much!” Hanuel cried. “He’s not telling me something. Don’t I even deserve the truth? I just want to know why he wouldn’t allow me to love him. Why does he have to lie? I knew him almost my whole life, of course I know he was lying to me. Does he really think I’m that stupid?” Hanuel continuously said, not even giving Jaejoong the time to speak. All he can do was nod and hug her comfortingly.

“Ssssh… No secret won’t be revealed, just give it time Hanuel.” Jaejoong said in which Hanuel nodded to. The girl continued crying in her brother’s arm until she can no longer create a tear.

Eunhee, Ah Yeon and Onew were just watching from the door. Eunhee felt her phone vibrating on her clutch, knowing that it was her phone she answered it quickly.

“Yes, father. We will be right back.” Eunhee exclaimed, making the siblings turn to her. “Oppa, we have to go down.” Though she didn’t want to leave Hanuel, she has to for just a bit.

“Okay.” Jaejoong said. “I’ll tell them you’re not feeling well.” Jaejoong helped Hanuel up and led her to her bedroom.

“We’ll stay with her.” Ah Yeon exclaimed. “You don’t have to.” Hanuel immediately said.

“No it’s okay. It’s quite suffocating downstairs.” Onew exclaimed with a grin. They all know the feeling of surrounded by those businessmen. They don’t feel like their age, they all have to act mature and fake a smile.

“Thank you.” Hanuel said in defeat. Jaejoong and Eunhee gave her one last hug before the couple went down to meet their parents.

--

Taemin arrived with Naeun just in time for them to witness the ribbon cutting ceremony.

“Good, you’re just in time.” Jung Ho told his son. Taemin greeted his mother next, the Kims and the Sons who were also in front.

“Where’s Hanuel?” Taemin managed to whisper to his sister.

“Something came up, will tell you later.” Eunhee answered back and returned her attention to the ceremony.

After the ribbon has been cut all the guests were led back to the ballroom and all the press and reporters were asked to leave.

The Lees, Kims and Sons finally settled on one table where they ate their first course in peace and casual conversation.

“I’m sorry, my daughter cannot join us right now. She wasn’t feeling well.” Mrs. Kim explained.

“What’s wrong with her?” Mrs. Lee asked.

“It’s just her regular migraine, Mrs. Lee so you don’t have to worry about it. Eunhee and I checked her a while ago and she was resting already after she took her medicine.” Jaejoong politely answered.

“I see.”

“How are you two getting along?” Mr. Kim, Woobin asked his son. Jaejoong lovingly looked to Eunhee and took her hand.

“We’re getting along really well, don’t we love?” Jaejoong exclaimed with a soft smile.

Their parents exchanged looks in disbelief; the endearment he used took them by surprise plus the way he said it. They smiled happily, knowing that at least the arrangement they made turned out quite well.

“Yeah, oppa.” Eunhee blushingly said, biting her lip to refrain herself from smiling too much.

“Really? That’s great! That’s great!” Mrs. Lee excitingly exclaimed, she immediately held her daughter’s hand and squeezed it.

“I’m soooo happy right now!” She added, making everyone laugh.

“I told you, you’ll be alright.” Mr. Lee said, smiling at his daughter. Eunhee managed to smile back, though they still have some issues, he was still her father who took care of her.

“How about our Taemin here?” Mr. Son asked, making the younger generation turn their attention to him.

“I have a girlfriend, we’re going out for a while now.” Taemin exclaimed casually, sipping his soup gracefully.

“I see.” Mr. Son said turning to Mr. Lee with a certain look that everybody knew about.

“Young love.” Mr. Lee simply said, chuckling and staring at his son who just ignored him.

“I think young love is amazing.” Mrs. Lee exclaimed, meeting the glance of his son who was slightly taken aback by her comment, seems like even Eunhee and Jaejoong were surprised.

“Anyway, how long are you going to stay here?” Unpleased by his wife, Mr. Lee finally changed the topic and turned to his partners.

“Well, I will be flying back to Korea the day after tomorrow.” Mr. Kim said. “But I think my children will stay longer along with yours.”

“I see. How about you?” Mr. Lee this time asked Mr. Son.

“Same.”

“Let’s have dinner tomorrow then. It’s good to get to know each other.” Mr. Lee said, finally meeting his son’s eyes. Taemin sighed and rolled his eyes.

“This isn’t going to be good.” Eunhee whispered to Jaejoong. “Hang in there.” He replied comfortingly.

--

“Will you stop setting me up.” Taemin exclaimed, the party finally ended and he was now with his family inside their parent’s suite.

“I’m not setting you up. I’m just showing you your possible options.” Jung Ho replied to his son, pouring himself a glass of scotch. “Stop acting like a brat and don’t ruin my night.” The opening was a success, he was more than happy.

“Options?” Taemin scoffed, irritating his father.

“Look, Eunhee chose a good one, why can’t you?” Jung Ho exclaimed. “Father, it’s different in my case.” Eunhee intervened.

“Why is that?”

“I… I was 10 when you told me about my arrangement. I was prepared. I don’t have anyone…” Eunhee explained and was cut off by her brother.

“I have a girlfriend.” Taemin determinedly said.

“Who you can’t even introduce to me.” Jung Ho added. “I guess she isn’t really that special, huh? Aren’t you proud of her? Or are you embarrassed to let me meet her.”

Taemin glared at his father, clenching jaw as he tried to control himself. Eunhee held his arm just in case he lost his cool.

“Actually, you’re right. I’m embarrassed. I’m so embarrassed to let her meet you.” Taemin said mockingly and walked out of the door, slamming it on the process.

“Father.”

“Let him be, he’ll come around. Go to your room now, Jaejoong might be waiting for you.” Jung Ho sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He doesn’t really know what to do with Taemin.

Eunhee followed the instruction given to her. It has been a long night, maybe they just need some rest.

“Alright father. Good night, you too mom.” Eunhee bowed her head and exited the room.

“Jung Ho, I think it’s better if we let our children decide on what they want to do.” Eunji finally approached her husband after their children left.

“I’m doing this for him.”

“Are you really sure about that?” Eunji said, taking a hold of his hand.  She was staring directly at his eyes, knowing that underneath his strong exterior, her soft hearted and sensitive Jung Ho was still there.

--

Hello my dear readers~! Here’s another chapter for all of you! Hang in there, this fic is about to end

maybe 5 more chapters? Well I can make it longer if you want to. LOL. Just tell me ne?

If you like the story, please do COMMENT.SUBSCRIBE.UPVOTE.

I’ll truly appreciate it! ^^v

Thank you soooo much! J
 

05-30-14