01 | A Ridiculous Arrangement

Tied by Fate

Chapter 1

A Ridiculous Arrangement

One hand on the back of his collar and another on his right arm, his shoes leaving a heavy trail on the soft soil, he kept on struggling, going against the two men dragging him. Why is he being dragged anyway? Well, it is his parents’ only way to get him back to their house.

“I said let go of me!” He tried to pull away and yet he failed again. He was just an 18 year old, highschool student going against two professional bodyguards so as a result he was really restless at the moment. Giving up, he struggled no more and just gave the two men a very intense glare.

His name is Kim Jae Joong, the son of one of the richest men in Korea. They basically hold the hospitality industry in their country and just few years back they started to penetrate the international market. He’s currently in his last year of highschool, he doesn’t really like such fact. He likes his highschool life, he’s the kingka and he wanted it to stay that way. He always gets what he wants may it be with girls, fame or material things. But just like any other rich kids out there he doesn’t have the luxury of his parents’ time, growing up in such environment Jaejoong became this typical spoiled brat—arrogant, short tempered, obnoxious and mischievous. He doesn’t care if he messed around knowing that his father can always do something to fix it. Life is surely a breeze for him yet never in his life did he felt fulfilled.

“Damn it. Just let go of me. I won’t escape.” He said sternly as he tried to pull his collar away from one of the guards. The guard looked at him in doubt but followed when he saw how strong Jaejoong was glaring at him.

Jaejoong clicked his tongue in annoyance and fix himself up. He entered the car waiting for him outside the campus without any restrains. His ride home was a quiet one, no one in the car dared to talk to him. As soon as he arrived, her father’s secretary greeted him.

“Good day Jaejoong! Your parents await you in the garden.” She exclaimed. Jaejoong didn’t even bother to look at her, instead he just passed through her as if she wasn’t there.

“Jaejoong-sshi!” The secretary called out, he rolled his eyes and finally looked at her.

“I’m just going to change my clothes!” He hissed at her.

“Alright then.” She cleared and headed towards the garden where her boss was waiting.

As mentioned, Jaejoong headed towards his bedroom. He changed from his uniform to a simple white v-neck shirt and black skinny pants. As soon as he was done he proceeded to the garden but on his way there he unexpectedly met a little girl in the corridor who was around the age of his sister. He watched her look around the mansion as if she was missing. Seeing her cutely frown in her own situation Jaejoong unconsciously smiled. He always had a soft side towards young girls, well maybe that’s an effect of having a little sister.

“Hey, kid!” He called out. The girl stared at him, taken aback by the sudden voice.

“Ah… Ah… Yes?” She nervously said.

“You lost?” Jaejoong asked as he walked towards her and she simply nodded.

“I guess? I was with Hanuel-sshi but I guess I lost her.” She tilted her head a little and crinkled her nose a little. Jaejoong smiled with the sight. Now that she mentioned his sister’s name, Jaejoong assumed that she was her friend. Well she looked like she was 10.

But before Jaejoong can say anything more, a maid came running down the hall as if she was looking for something.

“Oh! There she is.” She exclaimed, catching her breath.

“Hi! I’m sorry I made you look for me. I lost my way.” The girl politely apologized. Jaejoong can’t help but snort.

“Don’t apologize, it’s her job. Come on’ I think Hanuel is with our parents already. “ Jaejoong ordered the girl and she obediently followed.

Weird enough for Jaejoong when he arrived at the garden his parents’ face lit up. They seemed to like the idea that it was him who found the girl he was with.

“I see, you’ve met her already.” Mr. Kim said with a soft smile. Jaejoong raised a brow at him but he was ignored.

“I’m sorry Eunhee-ah if I lost you.” Jaejoong’s little sister, Hanuel exclaimed and grabbed the girl’s hand. She then led her friend towards another young boy.

‘What is this, a children’s party?’ He chuckled at his own thought.

“Oh, so just ignore me little girl!” He exclaimed as he jokingly sobbed. His little sister immediately turned to him and run towards him. He knelt down and welcomed her in his arms.

“It’s not that Oppa! Of course I miss you! I just felt bad for losing Eunhee.” Hanuel smiled at her brother and hugged him tightly.

It was a surprise for Jaejoong to see his sister there for she was currently staying in California along with his parents. Comfortable with his living (and the fact that he will be away from his parents), Jaejoong decided to stay in Korea while his parents focused in handling one of their branches there.

“Okay, now that you’re here Jae. I want to introduce you to our new partners, Mr. and Mrs. Lee along with their twins.” Jaejoong’s mother took the attention of the siblings. Upon hearing such Jaejoong let go of his sister while he bowed a little to show some respect. He rarely joined his family so he decided to play it nice today.

“Oppa, these are my friends, Eunhee-ah and Taemin-ah.” Hanuel proudly exclaimed.

“Hi! Nice to meet you.” Jaejoong gorgeously smiled at the two who simply gave him a warm smile and a wave.

“So we want to tell you something important.” Mr. Kim exclaimed. He gestured his son to sit on the seat next to him.

“Hanuel dear, why don’t you bring your friends inside and grab some ice cream?” Mrs. Kim said to simply send the kids away. The three didn’t seem to bother and followed the instruction given to them.

“Now as you know already, Mr. and Mrs. Lee is our new partner. We wanted to strengthen that bond and so—“ Mr. Kim started.

“And so you arranged me to their daughter?” Jaejoong finished his father’s sentence.

“Yes, indeed my son.” Mr. Kim exclaimed, glad that it went well and nothing like he expected.

“Okay, so where is she?” Jaejoong asked. Indeed he already knew that someday his parents will arrange him with someone. He expected it already. It is how the system works and so he doesn’t want to waste his effort going against it (one of the reasons why he never took any girl seriously),

Mr. and Mrs. Lee stared rather confusedly at Jaejoong in which bothered him. He repeated his question once again when he didn’t receive any answer.

“Jaejoong-ah… We only have one daughter.”Mrs. Lee exclaimed slowly. It took a while before Jaejoong understood his situation. He gaped in horror and even stood from his seat.

“HA?!! Are you serious!? You can’t possibly let me marry your kid?! She’s like I don’t know 12?!” Jaejoong retorted. Both of his parents’ frowned at his action. Mr. Kim sighed realizing that this won’t be as easy as what he thought a little while ago, that his first assumption was true.

“She’s not 12, she’s 10.” Mr. Lee corrected him.

“As if that would make any difference, she’s too young!” Jaejoong argued, forgetting his place for a moment. His father pulled him down to his seat and gave him a look, a look that he can never fight.

“Let us explain first!” Mr. Kim sternly said. Jaejoong sighed, avoiding the gaze of his father.

“That’s why you will wait for our daughter to turn into the right age.” Mr. Lee explained.

“Don’t get us wrong, we just want to let you know as early as we can so it won’t bring any problem in the future.” Mrs. Lee added calmly. Jaejoong let go of another sigh and stood from his seat.

“Whatever, as if I can do anything about it.” He walked out and exited their house.

“I’m sorry for how he reacted.” Mrs. Kim bowed her head in apology.

“It’s alright, we can’t really blame him.” Mrs. Lee said yet again in a calmly manner.

“We understand.” Mr. Lee added.

“I can’t understand…” Surprising the two couple, a young lady came out of nowhere.

“Mama, you’re going to marry me to that man?” Eunhee frowned, obviously confused at the moment.

“Oh dear!” Mrs. Kim panicked and approached the girl.

“Don’t worry about Eunhee, we’ll explain it to her. She’s a smart girl she will understand.” Mrs. Lee stood from her seat and grabbed her daughter’s hand.

Eunhee was led by her mother near the pool area while her father and the Kims continued to talk about a different topic.

“Eunhee dear, I won’t lie to you. You know that right?” Mrs. Lee exclaimed softly. Eunhee nodded in understanding.

“Look, mama and papa arranged a marriage for you. Don’t worry, he will surely take care of you okay? Mama and papa would never let you get hurt and that’s a promise.” Mrs. Lee explained as simple as she can, in a manner that her 10 year old daughter would understand.

“Yes, okay I understand.” Eunhee said softly, but base on her expression she hasn’t really fully understood everything yet. She knows her mother hasn’t told her everything yet.

“When you grow up you will understand better. Now go back to Taemin and Hanuel. Mama will have to discuss something to your uncle and auntie.” Mrs. Lee gave her daughter a kiss on the forehead and led her back to the mansion.

---

“It was just plain stupid!” Jaejoong marched inside their usual hang out. Apparently after his little conversation with his parents Jaejoong proceeded to their group’s usually hang out.

“I guess he’s in a bad mood again.” His friend Yoochun sighed before taking his turn with the billiard table.

“What’s wrong Jae?” This time it was his friend Yunho who asked, he watched Jaejoong drop himself on the couch near the billiard table.

“My stupid parents arrange me to a ing 10 year old!” Jaejoong exclaimed, obviously pissed at the moment. At first there was only silence as his friends tried to understand the situation he was in. But rather than sympathizing with him, his four friends laughed at him—really really loudly.

He growled at them and shut them down by throwing some throw pillow to each one of them.

“Sorry dude but that was just so hilarious!!” Changmin managed to get close to him and put his arms around his shoulders.

“I’m serious you know.” Jaejoong sighed in frustration.

“But why are you so pissed? As if a 10 year old girl can stop you from doing what you want.” Yoochun retorted on his seat, apparently he just finished his turn.

Slowly Jaejoong’s frown loosened, thinking about it his friend actually has a point.  Eventually his tensed body relaxed. Seeing the sudden change in his friend’s expression, Changmin who was sitting beside him shared his plan for the night.

“How about we go clubbing tonight, grab some chicks and have a great time?”

“Yeah yeah! This game !” Junsu exclaimed throwing the billiard stick away, obviously not happy with the fact that he was losing the current game he has with Yoochun.

“Oi! Junsu, I’m gonna break your limbs if you break that stick!” The owner who was also the bartender exclaimed.

“Not because you are regulars here, you can just do whatever you please.” The owner added when he saw Junsu making a face. Junsu rolled his eyes, sighed but picked up the billiard stick he threw.

“I’m going to pay for this old man!” Junsu exclaimed, leaning towards the owner who didn’t even budge with his approach.

“Anyway, are you in?” Changmin exclaimed, ignoring Junsu with his silly conversation with the owner.

“Yeah sure.” Jaejoong finally answered.

After the invitation the five of them stayed for a while and decided to go home to have dinner and change.

---

“Your brother is going to leave again?” Eunhee exclaimed as she watched the young man, all dressed up and drove away with his car.

“That’s pretty normal especially it’s Friday.” Hanuel replied to her friend while joining her by the balcony.

That night the Lees were staying over for the night. It seemed that Eunhee’s parents still have a lot of things to discuss with their new partners. Eunhee will be staying with her brother in the room across Hanuel’s. But for now she was staying with her friend, hoping that some questions in her mind would be answered.

“Hanuel-ah, what’s your brother like?” Eunhee asked, looking curiously at her friend. Hanuel grabbed her hand and led her inside her room. She then asked her to sit on her bed and grabbed a brush. While she answered she started to comb Eunhee’s hair. Even though the two of them are in the same age, Hanuel has always treated Eunhee like a little sister maybe because she sensed the need to protect Eunhee’s fragile heart.

“Jaejoong oppa is hard headed. He does what he pleases but underneath all of those arrogance and pride that he has is a very loving heart. I’m really lucky that I’m his sister because I know no one will dare to hurt me, that oppa will always be there to protect me.” Hanuel exclaimed, she unconsciously smiled with the thought of his brother. She was aware that normally her brother is being misunderstood that no one (aside from her and Jaejoong’s friends) dares to know the real him. She hopes that Eunhee, as Jaejoong’s future wife would be able to understand him.

“I see…” Eunhee simply said.

“You’re lucky to have him. You won’t believe how many girls would want to be in your place.” Hanuel chuckled and started to braid Eunhee’s hair.

“Maybe… We’ll see.” Eunhee exclaimed with a soft sigh.

“Don’t worry too much okay? We’re still young.” Hanuel softly patted Eunhee’s back and offered her a warm smile.

“If he hurts you I’ll handle it.” Hanuel added and with this Eunhee started to smile.

Just a bit later Taemin entered the room with a frown on his face. He has been waiting for her twin sister for almost an hour now. He was absolutely not pleased when he saw his sister having her hair done though he must admit that Hanuel was doing a great job with Eunhee’s hair.

“You told me, you’re just going to ask her something.” Taemin pouted, pulling his sister out of the bed.

“I was. Anyway it’s done now! Thank you Hanuel-ah.” Eunhee smiled hugely and gave Hanuel a wave while she was being dragged by his twin brother out of the room.

That night while Jaejoong was partying, drinking, dancing, flirting and grinding with different girls, a young lady thought of her possible future with him. She knew that Jaejoong was not happy with the fact that he was arranged with a girl as young as she was. That’s why that night she promised herself that she will try to become Jaejoong’s perfect bride. She will grow up and learn to be the best wife she can be.

 

----

Hi everyone! This is actually my first korean fanfic ever! 
I hope the first chapter was alright. :) 
Do comment if you have anything to say.

(It's not proofread so ignore whatever mistakes I have committed.)  

Yui dea~! 

10-04-13