29 | Kiss and Make up

Tied by Fate

Chapter 29

Kiss and Make Up

All dressed up and dolled up in a light blue dress, Eunhee peeked inside their walk in closet to check on Jaejoong.

““Oppa, are you done?”

She caught him on the process of wearing his shirt. How could she still blush that much seeing his torso when she saw it so many times already? She immediately went back to their bedroom and sat on their bed, fanning her blushing self.

Jaejoong cannot help but chuckle at her. He approached and knelt in front of her, cupping her face between his two large hands.

“You’re still embarrassed? Aigoo, are you just acting like that to appear cute?” Jaejoong exclaimed, nuzzling his nose with hers.

“Yeah right as if I could tell my blood to stop rushing to my cheeks.” Eunhee replied as she avoided his stare. Jaejoong chuckled yet again, pecking her pouting lips in adoration.

“You’re adorable.” He commented and pulled Eunhee by the hand.

“Should we get going?” Jaejoong asked and Eunhee nodded, following his lead downstairs.

As soon as they reached the car, Jaejoong opened the passenger seat for Eunhee and let her enter first before running to the other side of the car. Their ride to the restaurant was filled with casual conversation and jokes. They even sang along with the songs playing in the radio.

“So why do you think your mom invited us for dinner, not that I have any objection though.” Jaejoong asked curiously.

“I honestly don’t know. But I think it’s going to be nice. My dad isn’t around so yeah.” Eunhee answered back with a grin.

“So your dad and Taemin still have some issues?”

“Well yeah. He kept on playing matchmaker just because we work out. He has this pretty imagination that it would be the same with Taemin and Naeun.” Eunhee exclaimed, ending her sentence with a sigh. She turned to the window beside her and glanced through the blurry structures.

“It will be different. Taemin’s in love with another girl. It’s not like he can just blink and kaboom he no longer loves her.” Jaejoong replied with a small frown on his handsome face. Eunhee turned to him with a smile, his statement made her smile.

“Exactly.”Eunhee nodded in agreement. “But I think mom is on our side. Taemin has been really depressed lately and maybe this is her way of comforting him.” Eunhee added, painting a small smile.

The couple arrived in a French fine dining restaurant, Jaejoong gave the valet his keys and they proceeded to the small lobby where a couple of servers and receptionists welcome them.

“Reservation by Mrs. Lee Eunji” Jaejoong politely said to the female receptionist who cannot help but eye at him for a short while. Eunhee has to clear in able to bring the woman back from her reverie. Jaejoong simply chuckled at the situation, knowing exactly what’s going on in Eunhee’s head.

“Ah yes, you must be Mr. Kim Jaejoong and Ms. Lee Eunhee.” The receptionist said, her eyes not leaving Jaejoong’s handsome face. Eunhee made a face seeing such view. She held Jaejoong’s hand tighter, making the guy turn to her in amusement.

“Yes. Can anybody lead us to our reserved room?” Jaejoong exclaimed with a dazzling smile. Eunhee swore she heard the receptionist shrieked quietly upon seeing that smile. She cannot help but feel a small sting of jealousy inside of her.

Jaejoong managed to sense it and so he immediately assured her by smiling down on her and giving her a loving kiss, shocking the hell out of her. She just blinked in disbelief and consciously looked around and to witness how the lady employees stared at her in envy. Finally, the receptionist exited her table and led the couple to their destination.

“Why did you do that?” Eunhee embarrassingly whispered to Jaejoong, lowering her head shyly.

“I just want to. So they know who owns me.” Jaejoong smiled, putting his arms around her shoulder, kissing the top of her head. Eunhee hid her face on his side, making him chuckle yet again, squeezing her shoulder a little. Jaejoong really doesn’t mind public display of affection but for Eunhee it was still a bit embarrassing. She wasn’t as used as Jaejoong when it comes to gaining attention.

“Thank you.” Jaejoong politely thanked the receptionist who grinned at him in response.

When they get to the room, Mrs. Lee and Taemin were already inside. Jaejoong greeted her future mother-in-law politely and gave Taemin a friendly nudge on the shoulder.

“Hi mom and hello Taemin!” Eunhee greeted cheerfully and kissed one of their cheeks.

Eunhee and Jaejoong settled across Taemin while their mother sat on the end of the table. Their evening started with “how are you’s” and simple conversations. Not until Eunhee found something quite odd.

“Ahmm… Mom, aren’t we going to have dinner yet? Are we waiting for someone?” Eunhee asked as she stared at the seat next to Taemin. Unlike the other empty seats it has plates and utensils settled on it just like how their space on the table looked like.

Hearing her daughter’s question, Eunji cannot help but let a playful smile slip.

“You’ll see.” Eunji exclaimed, making the younger ones exchanged looks.

As if her statement was a cue, the door finally opened and there she was-- Mrs. Lee’s special guest. Jaejoong and Eunhee’s eyes widened upon seeing her. Taemin on the other hand made a bigger reaction. He stood up from his seat and hurriedly ran towards her. It has been almost 3 weeks since he last shared the same room with her. But he stopped just in front of her, reluctant and unsure to touch her. He was actually afraid of getting rejected.

Taemin looked back at his mother and the woman just smiled at him. Seeing that gesture from his mother, Taemin gained the courage to hold her. He reached out a hand and she smiled, accepting it.

“Haerin…” He exclaimed. He was too happy. He cannot hold back anymore, he doesn’t care who can see them, he just have to pull her into a tight hug.

“Min-ah.” She exclaimed back, lifting her arms up and hugged him back.

It was a bittersweet reunion. The two cannot help but cry in their current situation. They know they still have a lot of things to settle and talk about but they can no longer contain the longingness they felt for each other.  

Finally, after a few moments of cherished reunion, Taemin turned to her mother with a questioned look. By the hand, he pulled Haerin with him and made her sat beside him.

“Should we ask for our food now?” Eunji simple asked as if nothing happened.

The four just nodded their heads, unable to utter a word due to confusion. It took a while before any of them to react. Their first course was already served but still their eyes were on Eunji. Seeing such, Eunji cannot stop herself from laughing.

“Are you just going to stare at me the whole evening? Come on, eat your hors d’oeuvres.” Eunji exclaimed brightly and happily took a bite on hers.

“Mom, can you please explain.” Taemin finally exclaimed, getting a hold of his mother’s hand.

“How did you know her?” Taemin added, not having any plan to let go of her mother’s gaze. Eunji finally gave up and sighed.

“I was planning to explain everything after dinner but since you’re very eager to know then, okay fine.” Eunji answered back, rubbing the back of Taemin’s palm with her thumb.

Eunji began to explain everything to Taemin as how she explained it to Haerin.

“Ms. Lee?” Haerin uttered upon seeing the woman on the other side of the door.

“Oh hi, Haerin!” The woman happily greeted but Haerin cannot make herself react. Why is this woman standing in front of her apartment, appearing like it was the most normal thing in the world?

“Can I talk to you?” Ms. Lee said with a small smile. She understood the shock of the younger lady must have felt and so she decided to lead the conversation. But how can she have a conversation with her if she isn’t responding at all.

“Ahmm… Hello, it sounded important. I should leave you two alone. My friend here seems to be quite shock but I’m sure she wanted to welcome you warmly, please do come in.” Chanyeol fortunately butted in, holding Haerin on her shoulders, pushing her to the side. Ms. Lee nodded her head and let herself enter the small yet warm apartment.

“I’ll bring the food to my place. Just ring my bell okay? Don’t forget to tell me everything.” Chanyeol exclaimed and left the two women alone.

Haerin reluctantly observed the older woman as she looked around her home with a small genuine smile.

Still unsure, Haerin pulled the courage to speak up.

“Hi Ms. Lee, would you like some tea? You can sit on the couch if you want. Sorry if my place was a little messy.” Haerin slowly exclaimed, gesturing the small couch in the living room.

“That would be lovely.” Ms. Lee exclaimed, her smile not leaving her face. Haerin nodded in reply and headed to her small kitchen where she prepared the tea. While she waited for the water to boil, she cannot help but wonder about her sudden visit, how could the woman even know where she was living? Sure they talked for quite a lot of times in Cassies already but never did she mention her address to her, well why would she?

With a tray of tea and some cookies, Haerin finally exited the kitchen and laid the said tray on the coffee table. She then sat next to the older woman who happily took the tea. Haerin just watched her, still quite bewildered.

Sensing the girl’s confusion the woman finally cleared and began to tell Haerin about her intention for visiting.

“You know me as Ms. Lee. Well, let me introduce myself more properly. I’m Lee Eunji.” The woman exclaimed, putting a hand on her chest. Haerin saw or heard that name before but she cannot put a finger on it and so she just nodded, still confused.

“Lee Eunji of Avior corporation…” She continued on, making Haerin hit the realization she needed.

“Yes, I’m Taemin’s mother.” Eunji exclaimed. Haeirn swore she stopped her breathing for a moment. She can do nothing but blink. Eunji found such sight rather amusing. She let a chuckle slip and tucked Haerin’s hair onto her ear, the way a mother will do to a daughter.

“It’s alright you don’t have to say anything. I’m here to do all the talking, you just listen okay?” Eunji said warmly in which the younger girl nodded to.

“Alright, I think you’re already aware that you’re being followed. I’m sure Taemin noticed it already but don’t worry, they’re my people. I just did that to understand why my son has been acting quite differently especially when we bring up matters like his possible future marriage. Apparently he found you, at first I was in doubt and so I decided to get to know you. I had you investigated, I’m sorry about that. I have seen you with my son for quite a while now and he seemed really happy. I just got more interested and so I decided to know you better for myself.” Eunji stated, she stared at Haerin for a while, making sure that the girl could actually capture her words.

“And now I understand why he loves you so much.” Eunji added with a very sincere smile. Haerin slowly lifted her head as if she doesn’t understand nor believe what was going on.

“You love my son and he loves you for so many reasons. I understand it now. I know you doubt your relationship with him because of us, his parents. But please don’t. Taemin loves you so much. He was willing to give up everything for you.” Eunji exclaimed, grabbed the hand of the girl. She then lifted the chin of the younger girl so she can witness the sincerity she was portraying.

“So don’t give up on him. I’ll give you time to think. You can call me and I’ll help you out.” Eunji stared at Haerin with a comforting smile. Haerin didn’t say anything she just nodded her head and took the calling card Mrs. Lee was giving her.

“You take care alright? Think about it.” Those were her last words.

And so today, Haerin decided to finally accept. It took her a while to gather her courage again but after reflecting on Taemin and his mother’s words, who is she to reject them?

“I’m sorry.” Haerin exclaimed as soon as Eunji finished explaining her story. Though hesitant, Haerin managed to get a hold of Taemin’s hand. The latter looked at him with a soft smile, holding her hand back with same grip.

“It’s alright now.” He replied, kissing the top of her head lovingly. After that, the slowly turned to his loving mother. The woman was smiling really happily seeing her son. Taemin let go of Haerin’s hand for a while and took her mother’s.

“Thank you mom, really thank you.” He exclaimed with a grateful smile. The mother and son stared at each other for a while, as if having their own little conversation. But that was stopped when Taemin finally pulled himself up and hugged his mother.

“Really thank you.” Taemin whispered, his mother simply replied by rubbing his back. After a few moments they finally pulled out and met the loving stares and smiles of the people around the room.

“Let’s continue our dinner shall we?” and so the five of them enjoyed their delicious dinner without any dull moments. Eunji could never be happy upon seeing her children, finding and being happily together with the ones they love. But she knew soon enough, once her husband finds out, she’ll have yet another obstacle she has to overcome.

--

“Thank you.” Haerin finally exclaimed, they were now in front of her apartment door. Taemin was still holding her hand, seemed like he doesn’t want to let go anytime soon. Haerin gazed down at his hold and cannot help but chuckle.

“Okay, I guess, you’ll stay.” She exclaimed and opened the door for them to enter.

“Really, thank you Taemin.” She yet again said, turning to Taemin, tracing the handsome features of his face.

“Stop saying thank you.” He answered back, putting his hands on her waist.

“But, how could you just accept me like that when I pushed you away so hard.” Haerin answered back, lowering her head in shame, the guilt eating her up.

Taemin let a smile slip. He then put his hand on her cheek and lifted it up. He playfully nuzzled with her nose and finally leaning closer to touch her lips. He kissed her really sweetly and lovingly.

“Because I understand that it must have been so hard for your part too. But please baby, don’t doubt our love ever again.” Taemin whispered in front of her lips as she breathes softly against his skin. Haerin nodded her head as her eyes started to well up. She pulled Taemin in a tight hug, repeatedly saying her promises.

--

Hello there~! So here’s a short update. I’m currently wrapping things up before the final drama. XD
So Onew and Ah Yeon are okay, now Haerin and Taemin too. We’ll see about Hanuel soon well maybe on the chapter after the next. Wooooh! I’m quite excited to write the next update! :D ^^v It will be full of fluff! XD Yes, JaeHee fluff. =D

I’m quite surprised to still gather new subscriber. XD Anyway! Thank you so much! It made my heart really happy! XD

Comment, subscribe, upvote? *grins*

06-30-14