15 | A Broken Heart

Tied by Fate

Chapter 15

A Broken Heart

After the confession he just made, Taemin finally noticed Haerin's exhausted face. He kind of blamed himself for that, believing that he might have caused it. Well if asked, Haerin was actually the reason why he pretty much doesn't have any sleep last week as well.

He smiled softly at her and took her hand.

"You look tired, it's already 11pm you should rest now." Taemin exclaimed, caressing her hand before putting it on his cheek.

"I guess... But..." Haerin doesn't want to sleep yet, she wanted to spend more time with him. She had missed him so much.

"Ssshh. I'll spend the rest of the following days with you so don't worry too much." Taemin said which made Haerin finally agree. He kissed her forehead before taking her hand.

"Come on I'll send you to your room." Taemin took her back inside and led her to her room.

On their way though, they encountered Jaejoong knocking persistently on Eunhee's door that made them stop on their track.

"Eunhee-ah! Come on open the door!" Jaejoong exclaimed.

"I'm serious! I'll break this door if I have to!" Jaejoong added louder.

"Oi! Crazy ahjussi! What are you doing in front of my sister's room?" Taemin exclaimed as he lifted a brow at the older guy.

"A-ahjussi?!" Jaejoong's eyes twitched in annoyance as Taemin's smirk grew bigger.

"Taemin..."Haerin tugged on Taemin's hand secretly hoping that they won't have an argument at that very moment.

"Just answer the question will you?" Taemin asked again. Jaejoong took a deep sigh, trying to control his nerves. He closed his eyes and regained himself.

"We're talking and she ran away." Jaejoong answered in embarrassment while looking at the ceiling.

"Again, because you're creepy." Taemin said, he passed through Jaejoong and headed towards the end of the corridor, dropping Haerin off.

"Goodnight! Haerin smiled and quickly gave him a peck on the cheek before closing the door.

Taemin smiled at the gesture. He suddenly felt light and felt like everything feels oh so right. But that immediately dropped when he turned back to Jaejoong who was leaning on Eunhee's door with his arms crossed above his chest and with his annoying smirk on.

"Tsk. Tsk. My artists aren't allowed to date. So what should we do about that? Hmmm?" Jaejoong exclaimed as he stepped towards the younger lad. Taemin just rolled his eyes and met Jaejoong half way.

"Come on, I want to talk to you." Taemin said, passing by Jaejoong, their shoulders bumped into each other.

"Sure kid." Jaejoong followed Taemin without any complaints.

Eunhee was leaning on the door all these times, laughing at Jaejoong childish threats of breaking the door or climbing her terrace. Her laughter stopped though when Jaejoong stopped trying and seemed like talking to someone else.

When she heard Jaejoong's steps, she immediately opened the door and followed them. The two men headed to the balcony on the third floor.

"Oh so it was Taemin." Eunhee said to herself as she hid behind the sliding door.

"What do you want kid?" Jaejoong finally broke the silence.

"So Eunhee's just a kid too?" Taemin smirked at the older guy. He didn't know it will be this fun teasing him.

Jaejoong didn't reply and just rolled his eyes.

"I've talked to Eunhee about your decision regarding your relationship." Taemin answered turning his back to the guy as he watched the shores.

"And?" Hearing this Taemin faced Jaejoong and said...

"I'll give you a chance as well. Since we really don't have a choice and my sister seemed to be really attached to you already. But please take good care of her. She's really important to me, possibly the most important person in my life. I know at some point you won't be able to avoid hurting her since every relationship is like that. I have hurt her a number times as well but please as much as possible do not hurt her. I don't know until when she can hold it in. She's too selfless at times that I worry that people take advantage of her, heck our own parents took advantage of her thus this engagement with you. I won't be there for her every time especially she's living with you. So please just take good care of her. She may appear really strong but she's as fragile as a glass eventually she’ll break down and so I want you to be there for her even if you might be the reason behind it." His eyes not leaving Jaejoong’s, he looked so determined and Jaejoong ended up respecting him for that. Because Jaejoong understands how he feels. He is like that when it comes to Hanuel as well.

Hearing this coming from her brother’s mouth, Eunhee can feel tears flowing from her eyes. She covered to prevent any sound to come out. She was so touched by Taemin’s words. She can feel her knees trembling. He loves her so much and she does too.

“I understand. You have my word. I’ll be there for her. I’ll take care of her and protect her.” Jaejoong answered with the same determination that Taemin has. Taemin let a smile slipped and nodded his head. The look that Jaejoong gave as he answered made him trust the guy. All his doubts are not longer there. He can finally relax, knowing that another guy is willing to take care of his sister.

“Sure. I give you my trust, so do not make me regret doing it.” Taemin exclaimed, almost challenging Jaejoong.

“Again, you have my word.” Jaejoong smirked, watching the guy leaves.

“Great, I expect nothing less then.” Taemin said leaving the balcony but before so he exchanged a very meaningful look with Jaejoong. It symbolized their signature for this little agreement.

When Jaejoong was sure that Taemin was back to his room, Jaejoong finally said…

“You can come out now.” Eunhee got startled by this that she ended up knocking a vase on her way out of her hiding place.

“Ah!! I’m sorry I’m sorry!” Eunhee exclaimed, trying to pick up the pieces of the broken vase. But before she can even touch them, Jaejoong was able to grab her hand.

“I’ll call the helpers, don’t touch it, you might hurt yourself.” Jaejoong exclaimed as he pulled her up with him.

Before heading downstairs, Jaejoong called one of the maids using the in-house phone. After that he led Eunhee back to her room.

“Hanuel’s not here yet?” Jaejoong said as he peeked inside.

“Yeah I guess?” Eunhee answered as she shrugged.

“I’ll accompany you for a while or are you planning to sleep already?” Jaejoong exclaimed. A smile immediately grew on his lips when he saw Eunhee nodded and leading the way inside.

“You’re really lucky to have Taemin.” He muttered while sitting with her on her bed.

“Yeah I know.”

--

After the birthday party, Jiyong led Hanuel to the seaside where he was planning to give her his gift. When he realized that they were far enough from the villa. Jiyong finally took a small rectangular box out of his pocket. While watching Hanuel stretching and enjoying the ocean’s breeze, he sneakily put the gift around her wrist. Feeling the thing on her wrist, Hanuel inspected the gift. It was a white gold angel wing bracelet which perfectly matched the gift he had given her before-- the wing pavement necklace she was wearing.  Hanuel then turned and looked at the grinning Jiyong.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!” Jiyong exclaimed, opening his arms for her. Grinning back, Hanuel tackled him as he tightened his grip on her waist.

“Thank you oppa!” Hanuel said softly as she leaned away a little from his chest so she can see his face. Caught by his lovely face, Hanuel unconsciously leaned in and captured his lips. She was totally drowned by the moment.

Unable to stop himself, Jiyong found himself kissing back. The kiss started off slowly, gently and sweetly but with the heat building up from both of them it only got deeper by the second. Hanuel’s arms tightened around Jiyong’s neck while Jiyong’s hands started to caress her back. He Hanuel’s lips, begging for an entrance without any doubt Hanuel opened and allowed access. Jiyong’s tongue lingered around as hers danced along with his. Soon enough they were having an intense making out session. Hanuel pulled out as the essential to breath became a necessary. Her eyes found his as she breath in and out.

Jiyong got lost at the moment, her gaze locking his. Before the two of them can even continue what they were doing Jiyong finally managed to listen to the voice on the back of his head. Stopping Hanuel, Jiyong hands rested on her shoulders, preventing her from coming closer. Instantly Hanuel got hurt.

“Wae?” She said under her breath.

“We can’t… I can’t…” Jiyong said in shame. Confused Hanuel tried to walked closer but he only pushed him away gently.

“Wae? Don’t you love me oppa?” Hanuel said her eyes not leaving his face. Tears began to form in her eyes.

“I can’t…” Jiyong said as he looked away. He can no longer look at her. That face he cannot resist is too tempting that he might ignore the voice behind his head again.

“You can’t?! Then why the hell do you keep on giving me the wrong idea?! Why are you so sweet to me then? Why do you care so much?! Why do you keep on acting as if you feel the same way that I do?! Why did you make me feel that you love me too?! Why!? Why?!” Hanuel shouted at him as she punched his chest in frustration.

Jiyong doesn’t know what to say, every word she said hit him harder than each punch she threw on his chest. But then again he deserved the pain knowing that it was nothing compared to what he made Hanuel feel. He deserved it all.

Feeling helpless, Hanuel dropped her fists.

“I love you so much Jiyong-oppa…” She whispered to herself but since the surrounding was quiet, Jiyong heard it. Like a bullet, the pain crashed to his heart. He closed his eyes as tears also began to flow.

“Why? Oppa, just tell me why…” Hanuel muttered, looking up to him, meeting his teary black orbs.

“I just can’t Hanuel. Because I know I will only bring you pain. Just like now…” Jiyong said truthfully, this only made Hanuel chuckle.

“Til the very end you’re still so mysterious. You still can’t be fully honest with me. Why did I continue to love you even after you mysteriously disappear? Why did I even bother to hope for something? Well maybe yeah I was foolish but oppa you’ve been giving me too much to hope for. You’re unfair.” Hanuel said as she slowly back away.

“Hanuel…” Jiyong called out but Hanuel shook her head strongly.

“No! No! You don’t have to say anything more. I understand.” Hanuel exclaimed and finally ran back to the villa.

Jiyong eyes didn’t leave Hanuel’s figure until she disappeared, he wanted to follow her but his legs was too weak. He dropped himself on the sand and began shouting incoherent words. He was so frustrated and angry at himself. Why can’t he just be honest to her? Why?

Because he believed that she will be much happier that way.

He just hoped he won’t regret making this decision.

--

Eunhee and Jaejoong were exchanging stories and were actually having a fun time in Eunhee’s room. Both were seated in an Indian sitting position on Eunhee’s bed. They were laughing at Jaejoong’s stories about Changmin’s unbelievable love for food when Hanuel barged into the room with her wet eyes. Both turned to her in shock and immediately approached her when she crashed on her bed, burying her face on a pillow.

“Hey baby girl, what happened?” Jaejoong pulled Hanuel up though she tried to resist. Hanuel didn’t reply and only cried harder on her brother’s arm.

“Isn’t she with Jiyong a while ago?” Eunhee said as she looked up to Jaejoong who has the same worried face as she was.

“That bastard, what did he do to you?!” Jaejoong exclaimed as he tried to push Hanuel away and search for Jiyong. But Hanuel immediately hugged her brother tighter, stopping him from whatever he wanted to do with Jiyong for causing her tears.

“No! No! Oppa!!” Hanuel pleaded, begging Jaejoong as they stared at each other.

“Then tell me what the hell happened?!” Jaejoong exclaimed, almost shouting at her. Hanuel was taken aback, she shrank on his chest as she hugged her even tighter.

“Shouting at her won’t help. I’m sure Hanuel will tell us as soon as she calm down. For now let her rest.” Eunhee calmed Jaejoong, rubbing his back. Jaejoong sighed and nodded. Eunhee was right.

“Alright…”

Hanuel looked at Eunhee gratefully and lied on her bed. Jaejoong followed his sister and lied next to her. He rested her head on his chest as he hugged her closely, soothing her back, hoping that somehow it will calm her down.

“I’m here for you don’t worry.” Jaejoong whispered to her as he kissed her forehead. Hanuel smiled softly as she snuggled closer to her brother.

For a few moments, Hanuel’s sobs died down. Soon enough Jaejoong felt slow breathing on his chest. She finally fell asleep. Worriedly, he turned to Eunhee and she has the same worried face as he has. Jaejoong wanted to yet again search for Jiyong but before he can even move an inch Eunhee said…

“Don’t… It can wait in the morning. I’m sure Jiyong-oppa is just as broken. I don’t know what happened but I’m sure it’s not one sided.” Jaejoong nodded and told her to sleep and so she followed.

--

The next morning Jaejoong was determined to find answers from Jiyong. He trusted the guy so much to take care of his sister, all these times he was doing a good job then why all of a sudden last night Hanuel cried her heart out? As soon as he opened his eyes, Jaejoong gently peeled Hanuel away from him. He kissed her forehead and stood up. When he turned to Eunhee, she was still sleeping. He let a smile slip and leaned towards her as well.

“I promise I won’t make anything rush.” Jaejoong told her sleeping figure. He too kissed her forehead and left the room.

Jaejoong searched high and low. He went to Taemin’s room but Taemin said that he was already asleep when Jiyong came in and was surprised to wake up without the guy. His things apparently were gone as well. Jaejoong then asked all the staff and they told him that the guy requested for a taxi earlier that morning and was sent to the airport. Disappointed, Jaejoong headed back to Hanuel’s room.

He found her on the terrace talking to someone over the phone. She was crying again. Jaejoong wanted to approach her but Eunhee stopped him.

“When will you be back?” Seungri exclaimed worriedly on the other side of the phone. Hanuel had told him everything.

“Later our expected time of arrival will be around 3pm.” Hanuel said as she sniffed.

“I’m so stupid for advising you that. I’m sorry.” Seungri said, his heart was hurting as well. He cannot help but hate Jiyong at the moment. He thought the guy loves her, he can easily see it with his actions towards Hanuel then why? Disappointed Seungri swore that he’ll take care of Hanuel and mend her broken heart whatever it may take.

“It’s not your fault, oppa.” Hanuel said softly.

“Still…” Seungri sighed as he heard his manager calling for him. “I’ll be free around that time. I’ll pick you up in the airport. Sorry Hannie, work is calling for me.” Seungri exclaimed. Hanuel said her goodbye and hanged up the phone.

Hanuel wiped her tears and took repeated breath. She told herself that she has done too much crying. She has to stop it. When she turned back to the room she was surprised to see both Eunhee and Jaejoong sitting on Eunhee’s bed with a frown on their faces.

“Yah lovebirds, I’m okay!” Hanuel exclaimed cheerfully as she lifted her arms.

“Shut up, you won’t fool us.” Jaejoong glared at her while she only pouted.

“Come on, if you’re really okay let’s have breakfast.” Eunhee stood up and grabbed Hanuel by the hand. Hanuel nodded with a smile and followed, on their tail was Jaejoong.

After breakfast all of them hanged out on the beach for the last time. Both Eunhee and Jaejoong, not leaving Hanuel side though she kept on telling the two that she felt better now. No one else seemed to question Jiyong’s disappearance including Hanuel, she didn’t even try to look for him which was kind of good. And everyone seemed to fall for Hanuel’s happy façade as well. After their early lunch, they all headed to the airport and took their flight. At exactly 3:10 in the afternoon, their plane arrived back to Seoul. Everyone thanked the Kim siblings with their warm accommodation.

Outside the airport…

“Alright! Thank you everyone for coming!” Hanuel bid everyone goodbye and gave each one a warm hug.

Ah Yeon rode with Onew. Key, Minho and Jonghyun were fetched by Key’s dad while Taemin claimed his car on the parking lot and taking Haerin with him. The rest of the Asterisk was fetched by JJ entertainment’s van.

“Let’s go Hanuel.” Jaejoong exclaimed and was about to cross the road and proceed to the parking lot.

Before Hanuel can even reply, a familiar Audi R8 pulled over in front of her. Without even seeing the driver, Jaejoong knew who it was. He lifted a brow on Hanuel who simply bit her lower lip. Jaejoong sighed but nodded.

“Go ahead. Just don’t let him do some stupid things and you too don’t do anything that you will regret later.” Jaejoong exclaimed, taking Eunhee’s hand as they crossed the road.

“Thank you oppa!” Hanuel shouted at her brother who simply waved at her.

“Take care Hannie!” Instead of Jaejoong, Eunhee answered back. Both of them smiled each other and waved.

Hanuel put her things on the compartment and hurriedly entered Seungri’s car.

On a certain corner a pair of eyes watched as he witnessed everything. Jiyong closed his eyes, holding his chest tightly, regretting everything he has done and yet he still chose his first choice. With this luggage, he entered the airport once again and headed back to Los Angeles.

“Goodbye Hanuel…” He mumbled.

--

“Ah, it's here oppa.” Haerin exclaimed and told Taemin to stop in front of a simple white bungalow house. After eating around Seoul Taemin and Haerin finally decided to end the day.

“Oh, is this it?” Taemin reconfirmed as he mentally memorized the place.

“Yeah.” Haerin answered, smiling at him.

“Then, I’ll see you tomorrow, I’ll pick you up, is that okay?” Taemin asked softly, tucking her hair behind her ear.

“Yeah. Good night then.” Haerin replied though she didn’t turn her back yet.

“Good night too.” Taemin said and kissed her forehead. Without letting go of her yet, Taemin stared at her for a few more moments. They stared at each other until Taemin’s gaze travelled on her lips. As if asking for permission, Taemin’s eyes met Haerin’s again and when he saw her nodding, he immediately captured her soft lips. Taemin brushed his lips on hers softly, his left hand caressing her cheek while the other was holding her waist. Feeling the urge to continue more, Taemin nibbled Haerin’s lower lip. Once she parted her lips, Taemin felt himself smiling and kissing her deeper. Haerin’s arms s around his neck, encouraging him more. Soon enough the two of them were battling for dominance in which Taemin won.

Pulling out, Taemin grinned hugely at her while she blushed madly as she tried to catch her breath.

“Good night!” Taemin said, leaning towards her again. Haerin laughed as she leaned in to nuzzle with his nose.

“Good night! Call me when you get home.” Haerin whispered, smiling softly.

“Yeah. I love you.” Taemin nodded and let those three words slip. It was sudden and took Haerin but surprised but she just nodded and smiled back.

“I love you too.” Haerin answered, pecking his lips before hopping down his car. Taemin didn’t leave until Haerin waved at him for the last time and entered the house. He smiled happily and went home, making sure to call her when he reached home.

--

Jaejoong lied restlessly on his bed, forcing himself to sleep. But he was too worried with his sister, sure she called that night assuring him that she was trying to get better and Seungri was helping her but somehow that wasn’t enough to convince him. Once again he opened his eyes, frustrated that he cannot go to sleep. He glanced at the clock and it was already 11 pm. He sat on his bed and released a sigh. He walked downstairs to get some water when he noticed the lights on the living room. There she was sitting on one of the couches, looking aimlessly outside. Jaejoong proceed to the kitchen, his eyes not leaving Eunhee’s figure. He drank some water and smiled when she really hasn’t notice him yet. He quietly made his way towards her, covering her eyes with his huge hands.

“Yah!” Eunhee exclaimed trying to remove Jaejoong’s hands.

“Can’t sleep?” Jaejoong removed his hands and sat besides her, resting his head on her shoulder.

“Yeah.” Eunhee muttered, smiling softly at the handsome guy.

“Worried about Hanuel too?” Jaejoong asked as he leaned back so he can stare at her face. She nodded and sighed.

“I’ve known Hanuel since we were 5. She was my first friend.” Eunhee exclaimed as her eyes travelled back to the view outside. She then began to get drowned with her story.

“Everyone in our class was afraid to approach me because of my snobbish brother but then she came along, she was a transferred student. She just came from Korea back then and since we’re the only Koreans in class Hanuel tried to made friends with us. She was so funny and she doesn’t mind Taemin’s snobbishness, she will only just laugh it off whenever Taemin say something rude to her for hanging out too much with me. Soon enough she gained Taemin trust and the three of us were inseparable since then.” Eunhee said with a soft smile. Jaejoong unknowingly has his arm around her shoulders already, his forefingers drawing random figures on her arm.

“She’s like the sun, always so bright. I wonder why Jiyong hurt her. I always thought that the two of them will be together.” Eunhee said, yawning at the end of her sentence.

“Now that I think about it, Jiyong must have his own reason.” Jaejoong sighed. The two of them just sat there quietly, reflecting on their own. Until Jaejoong felt Eunhee’s head falling on his chest. She fell asleep. Jaejoong chuckled with the sight. Gently, Jaejoong lifted her up, careful not to wake her up. Since Eunhee was a deep sleeper especially when she was at ease, Jaejoong’s task got easier.

Jaejoong walked upstairs, debating whether to place her on her room or his. After staring at his open door for a while, he finally decided to choose what he really desire. He doesn’t want to let her go yet. He just wanted to hold her close the whole night maybe forever. He gently placed her on his bed, he turned off the lamp and lay next to her, settling his arm as her pillow. He then covered the both of them with the comforter. With one last look, Jaejoong stared at her gentle face. He smiled feeling really happy that she was with him. His smile only grew wider when he felt her snuggling towards him, her arms warmly wrapped around his body.  

“Good night, Love.” Jaejoong whispered, kissing her forehead, her nose and finally her soft lips. He hugged her tightly and finally found some rest of his own.

---

Yeay!! Jaejoong called her “Love” ahahaha… I wonder when will we hear him say those sweet three words. Well soon! XD

Yeay! After spending the whole day writing well not really the whole day since I started writing at 3pm and stopping once in a while because of some womanly issues! LOL. Anyway! I’m starting the next chapter, hopefully I can push through it before putting myself into hiatus!

Tell me what you think about this chapter alright? I hope I was able to bring the feelings properly. *sigh*  

Thanks for the comments and the new subscribers! I love you all!
 

p.s not proofread as always so maybe this might have confused you as the early chapters LOL.

 

Yui dea~!

02/20/14