26 | Truth, No More Lies

Tied by Fate

Chapter 26

Truth, No More Lies

It has already become a hobby of his, staring at his fiance’s face as she sleeps. She was just that beautiful in his eyes that he cannot stop adoring her in every single chance he gets. Jaejoong found himself smiling when he witnessed her face stir up a little. He knew from that moment that she was about to wake up. He was right. Eunhee groaned a little and opened her eyes slowly, adjusting to the sudden light.

“Good morning baby.” Jaejoong cooed and peck her soft lips in which curved up in a smile once she felt the kiss.

“Good morning oppa.” She sleepily exclaimed with a lazy smile. Jaejoong bit his lips upon seeing her cuteness. He tightened his arms around her waist and snuggled his face onto her neck, making the girl giggle.

“What time is it?” Eunhee asked the older man while she played with his dishevelled hair.

“Close to 11”Jaejoong replied, his voice muffled a little.

“Omooo… It’s that late?” Eunhee exclaimed, pushing Jaejoong’s face a little.

“Yeah, we slept around 4 so it’s okay. Let’s just stay here for a while and order room service.” Jaejoong suggested. He then brought his face back to her neck.

“But oppa I promised mom that I’ll shop with her.” Eunhee exclaimed and pushed Jaejoong off her, she sat herself up and was just about to leave the bed when Jaejoong grabbed her wrist, pulling her back. Her bottom bounced on the bed.

“She came a while ago and I told her that if it’s alright she’ll let you sleep more since we slept quite late. She just smiled at me and left. Oh! She said let’s just continue enjoying our time together, just like how couples do.” Jaejoong explained with a smile. Upon hearing this, Eunhee cannot help but blush. She knew her mother well enough to know what her possible thoughts upon hearing Jaejoong’s explanation.

“Omooo…” Eunhee cried as she buried her face on her arms, confusing Jaejoong a little.

“What’s wrong? Do you really want to shop with her?” Jaejoong asked as he pulled Eunhee back into his arms. Eunhee shook her head on his question.

“Then what is it?”

“She might have thought that we… you know.” Eunhee exclaimed onto his chest. Her volume decreased by the end of her sentence.

“You know? What?” Jaejoong asked innocently, peeking to Eunhee’s face.

“You know… Aisssh!!” She said in shy low voice, her eyes shifting on the blanket she was gripping on.

“What? We had ?” Jaejoong exclaimed, lifting his brow at her. Eunhee’s head snapped up almost immediately as fast as the blood rush to her cheeks, she was blushing beet root. He laughed so hard seeing her face. Eunhee pouted seeing her boyfriend laughing at her innocence. She slump her body back to the bed and turned away from him. But Jaejoong cannot stop laughing. Eunhee just grunted with the sound he was making, a deep frown was on her face.

Sensing Eunhee’s irritation, Jaejoong finally managed to stop laughing. He cleared his throat and gently approached her. He put a hand on her arm, rubbing it comfortingly but Eunhee moved her arm away.

“Oh come on baby, I’m sorry. I was just kidding. You were so cute.” Jaejoong tried to exclaimed but Eunhee just buried her face onto her pillow, ignoring the guy who was hugging her from behind. He then began to nuzzle his face on her neck while rubbing her arm again. He knew his gesture will finally make her give up, it was her sensitive spot. He was right, moments later, Eunhee burst into laughter.

“Yah! Stop! It tickles!” Eunhee turned around and pushed his face away from her neck.

“Yeay! I’m forgiven!” Jaejoong childishly cheer. Eunhee on the other hand just dully looked at him. He wiggled his brows and leaned in to kiss her lips.

“Awww… I love you too baby.” Jaejoong exclaimed with a grin and headed towards the phone to order some food.

Jaejoong was on the phone while Eunhee headed to the bathroom her face was still so red. That was one of the things he loves about Eunhee, she was so innocent and cute even though they already did things more than just kissing. But they haven’t made love yet, Jaejoong was still testing if Eunhee was ready and so far his findings were negative. Eunhee was still too stiff and was too afraid when they got too excited about making out. Jaejoong was alright with that, he won’t force anything to Eunhee, he can wait even if it was already so hard in his side. He was sure that Eunhee will be worth the wait.

Jaejoong smiled upon remembering the first time Eunhee caught him wearing nothing but his thin signature boxers. It was ridiculously funny for him, especially seeing Eunhee’s reaction.

Eunhee just came home from a group project meeting that afternoon lunch, her friends invited her to have lunch with them but Eunhee decided to spend her lunch with Jaejoong instead. Today was one of his rare free days. She was sure that he will still be sleeping on his bed despite the time.

After parking her car in their garage, Eunhee excitedly hopped off her car with her shoulder bag on her shoulder and books in her arms. She opened the door and headed to the living room, where she planned to drop her things so she can proceed to the kitchen right away to cook. But when she reached the kitchen, she got the surprise of her life.

Jaejoong was already awake and chopping some vegetables. But that wasn’t really the surprise; the surprise was the fact that he wore nothing but his boxers. Eunhee could also tell that he just finished bathing, with his disarray wet hair.

Her heart beat so fast with the view, resulting for her difficult breathing. She felt blood rush to her cheeks. Her boyfriend was so freakin’ hot. Her eyes gazed on his arm as its muscles flexed a little as he chopped the vegetables. His pecs and abs were well defined. It wasn’t the first time she saw him half but still it always had the same effect on her. It will always make her feel the butterflies in her stomach and yes, she feels hot.

She dropped her bag and books on the floor, making Jaejoong turned to her. He saw how flustered and embarrassed she was. She stood there as red as tomato, frozen as ice. He knew what was going on in her mind already and so as Jaejoong, Jaejoong flashed a teasing smile towards her, dropping the knife on the counter and opened his arms, asking her to come.He stepped back and now Eunhee can see his boxer and the "thing" he hides underneath the fabric. She can feel a lot hotter. 

Eunhee batted her eyes unbelievingly and turned much much redder, making Jaejoong laugh. She shook her head and ran towards the front door. Jaejoong burst into laughter with the scene. He ran after her but she was already outside, holding onto the door to prevent him from coming out.

“Yah! Eunhee, let go of the door and go back here!” Jaejoong exclaimed, pulling the door but with less force, he doesn’t want to create any accident and hurt her.

“NO! NO! WEAR YOUR SHIRT AND PANTS FIRST!” Eunhee shouted at the other side of the door.

“Oh come on baby, don’t be embarrassed about it! You know it’s all yours! I’m maintaining it for you to enjoy!” Jaejoong answered back with a smirk. Eunhee blushed more upon hearing his words, her knees becoming weaker with different thoughts of intimacy going through her mind.

When Jaejoong didn’t hear any reply from her. He finally pulled the door harder, opening it. Eunhee squealed with the force, she ended up on Jaejoong’s arms, her face against his toned chest. Jaejoong’s smirk grew wider, his arms tightening around her waist.

When realization hit her, Eunhee’s eyes grew wider and she found the strength to push him really hard.

“YAH!” She exclaimed and ran upstairs, locking her door. Jaejoong laughed yet again, she was silly but really really cute.

Jaejoong casually climbed the stairs and was surprised when a pair of sweat jeans and tank top hit his face.

“Wear that or else I won’t come out of here!” Eunhee shouted from their room and Jaejoong heart the lock click. He rolled his eyes, chuckling but followed what she ordered.

She was still innocent but she always knew what to do when she was intimate with him and that makes Jaejoong crazy every time.

--

“I really want to execute my plan but I think the timing is off.” Jaejoong exclaimed as he bit on his toast. He and Eunhee were currently at the balcony of their suite, eating their breakfast or should I say their brunch.

“Hmmm?” Eunhee looked up to him in confusion, she was a bit lost. They were talking about Hanuel’s case just a while ago and now here he was talking about his plan, she wasn’t even aware of.

“I told you that we’ll have a date, Jaejoong’s way right?” Jaejoong exclaimed with a bright smile. Eunhee’s mouth shaped into an “O”.

“I want to do it here but seeing my sister being too depressed and our parents also arranged a dinner tonight, I just can’t. We’ll be returning to Seoul in 2 days.” Jaejoong explained, there was a hint of disappointment in his voice. Eunhee reached out for his hand that was resting on the table, she held it and rubbed the back of his palm with her thumb in a circular motion.

“It’s okay. We’re always together anyway. Every moment with you is like a date.” Eunhee exclaimed with a cute grin. Jaejoong cannot help but chuckle, seeing her face. It always relaxes him.

“But I want to put an extra effort, making you extra special.” Jaejoong said softly. He then took his hand away from Eunhee’s hold and used it to hold her cheek, caressing it lovingly. His face slowly inched towards her. He smiled sweetly before capturing her lips, kissing her slowly and lovingly.

“You don’t have to. I’m more than contented of what we have oppa.” Eunhee exclaimed when Jaejoong finally pulled away, his forehead resting on hers as his gaze lingered on hers. His eyes reflecting the same affection he has for her.

“But I want to…” Jaejoong answered back, stretching his lips into a smile before proceeding back to his food. Eunhee just stared at him, touched by his small gestures and words. How can she be so lucky to have him? For a guy like him to choose her? Did she save the country in her past life, for her to have this kind of man in front of her?

Feeling her loving stare at him, Jaejoong shifted his eyes to meet hers. He smiled, amused. He then cut a piece of sausage and slowly lifted his fork to feed her.

“Aisssh… Stop staring at me like that woman. You have to eat. Don’t worry after breakfast, let’s go inside and just stare at each other, I don’t mind.” Jaejoong exclaimed, catching her red handed again. Eunhee embarrassingly looked away and chew her food before swallowing it. Jaejoong chuckled with the view and fed her some more. Though avoiding his gaze, Eunhee took every food Jaejoong fed him, her heart fluttering in happiness. She was sure she’ll never get tired of his sweetness.

--

Haerin dropped herself on the couch after eating her fulfilling dinner. It has been a few days since Taemin left and she missed him a lot already. Sure he calls every day but still she missed his presence, the times they just lie lazily on her couch or even just the warmth of his hand against hers.

Bored, Haerin grabbed the remote from the small coffee table and the television. She then laid back the couch again, scanning through every channel on her television. She was flicking, flicking through the channels until a certain program made her stop what she was doing, her grip on the remote tightened. Her bored eyes a while ago were now glaring at the television as if it did something very horrible to her.

The program playing was world news, on screen were people entering the newly opened hotel—Serendipity. The first couple she saw (which made her stop on the channel) was no other than her boyfriend with a girl holding on to his arm. They entered the hotel with camera flashing towards them. Next couple were Eunhee and Jaejoong coming from the same direction. After them were more important people being flashed from the screen. The voice of the reporter from the background was talking about the success of the new hotel that was owned by one of the most successful Korean businessman. The next scene was a reporter interviewing Mr. Lee.

“The explicit architectural design was made by my good friend here. Mr. Dae Young Son.” Mr. Lee exclaimed, gesturing to the man beside him.”

Haerin doesn’t care about the conversation going on. She was more focused on the people behind the two men and the reporters. Taemin was behind his father with the same girl on his side. They were talking closely as to not disturb the on-going interview. Seeing this, for the first time after a long time Haerin felt so angry. Jealousy was creeping up to her stomach, making her feel uncomfortable. Maybe she was Son Naeun? She wasn’t sure but something within her confirmed her guess. Why not? All the family members of the Kims, Lees and the Sons were behind the screen.

After that segment ended Haerin felt down. The rage she felt a while ago was no longer there, it was replaced by sadness and insecurities. Upon hearing the world where Taemin belong she suddenly felt small and out of place. She doesn’t deserve him. They live two different worlds, two worlds that were too apart. She was so out of his league. Crazy ideas filled her mind, like it must have been better if Taemin was with another girl, another girl like Naeun. She knew Taemin’s parents don’t approve of her, why would they? She was just a plain commoner, living in a small apartment, playing her guitar on the school grounds, on the streets and in a restobar. She was nothing compare to those rich and sophisticated girls that Taemin socialized with. Heck, she was sure she won’t even understand a thing from those conversations they hold.

With a sigh, Haerin turned off the television and headed to her bedroom. She wanted to sleep but she cannot stop herself from thinking too much. She turned over and over on her bed, to find a good position. She was doing that until she felt her phone vibrating on her side table. She grabbed and looked at the screen. It was Taemin. She closed her eyes and threw her phone away, hitting the hamper where her dirty clothes were. She then hid under her blanket where she finally let her frustration out, tears rolling down her eyes.

That night she cried like she never cried before, like a kid who didn’t able to get what she wants… and there’s no way she will be able to get it.

---

Hanuel has been lying on her bed the whole morning, she never stood up and she didn’t even have her breakfast. She was just there staring blankly at the ceiling, trying to hide all the pain she was feeling. It was so frustrating for her, she tried her best to not think about Jiyong but the more she tried the more she fails. Again she felt her eyes being clouded with tears. She sniffed, trying to hold it in but of course for the nth time she failed. She covered her eyes with her forearm and cried yet again.

She wanted to talk to Seungri but they promised each other to not contact each other until Hanuel made her choice. She understood, she knew she had hurt Seungri more than enough already. She has been quite unfair towards him, she wanted to just love him but as long as she wasn’t clear with Jiyong, she can never move on. She knew he was hiding something from her and she knew Jiyong was doing that to protect her but she wanted to move on with Seungri, she cannot do that until Jiyong tells her the truth. She promised that she will understand him, even though he hurt her so much.

Hanuel’s thoughts was put aside when she heard the hotel’s phone rang. She turned towards it and grabbed it.

“Good morning Ms. Kim Hanuel, this Jin Hae from the front desk, sorry to disturb you but a woman named Sandara Park was looking for you, will you allow her to visit you?” The attendant said. Hanuel was quite surprised but she was able to hide it well enough. She was curious so she let the attendant tell Sandara her room number.

Soon enough Sandara reached Hanuel’s room. Hanuel was fast enough to open the door and let the girl enter her suite. She then led her to the living room and made her seat on the white leather couch. There was only silence between them, the only sound that can be heard inside th suite was the sound of cups and spoons as Hanuel prepared some tea for the two of them.

Hanuel finally sat beside Sandara, the cups of hot tea were on the coffee table.

“Hanuel…” Sandara called out, making Hanuel’s gaze turned from the cups to her.

“Jiyong…” She added but stopped as if thinking of what should she say next. Hanuel held her breath as she nodded; waiting for what will come next

“Jiyong loves you…” Sandara said with a small smile of encouragement. Hearing this, Hanuel cannot help but frown, she was getting more and more confused. Sandara shifted closer so she can grab Hanuel’s hand.

“That was why he tried to hide everything from you.” Sandara continued. Hanuel’s eyes were still confused; she wanted to know what he was hiding.

“I know you’re aware that he was lying last night, we’re not engaged and will never be… He’s sick. He was so good in pretending that you didn’t notice. When you went back to Korea his sickness has been worsening. He doesn’t want you to love him because he felt like he doesn’t deserve you and that you’re just going to be in so much pain. He was fine with loving you from a far, loving you alone. He didn’t expect that you’ll love him the way he loves you and worse you confessed. He doesn’t mean to reject you but with her current situation, he cannot risk pulling you down with him. He believes that loving him will be just a punishment and will never be fulfilling at your part, he will only make you suffer and so he was fine with you being with Seungri instead. He knew how the guy loves you and he trusted him. Please Hanuel don’t hate him.” Sandara explained. Hanuel kept quiet for a while, letting her explanation sink in, when she was finally okay, she let go of a sigh. She has always known how selfless Jiyong can be when it comes to her. They have grown up together of course she was aware of that trait of his. He was her protector.

“But it’s not like I’m not hurt right now. I hated being lied to, being pulled away from the truth.” Hanuel answered back while Sandara nodded.

“I know. I kept on reminding him that but he was firm with his decision.” Sandara exclaimed with a deep sigh.

“Can you let me visit him?” Hanuel asked, making Sandara’s head snap back at her.

“He doesn’t know that I’m here.” She said softly.

“I’ll handle him. I’ll just change and let’s go.” Hanuel said firmly and headed to her room.

Sandara took a deep sigh and readied herself for the upcoming meeting. She knew it will be quite dramatic.

--

Hanuel took a deep breath, readying herself for the person behind the door. With shaking hands, she courageously grabbed the door knob and turned it.

His back was leaning on the head board, his face facing the wide window. There was an IV tubes pinned on his hand and something that clipped to his forefinger to monitor his heartbeat. While on their way to the hospital, Sandara explained Jiyong’s condition. He has a heart disease specifically Con Heart disease wherein he has a hole in his heart. He got it since his birth probably because Jiyong’s mother was in a state of depression when she was carrying Jiyong in her body. Because of alcohol and other vices, Jiyong’s birth was difficult and had some complication, just like his heart.

When he was younger, he was under strict surveillance and since he was getting better as time gets by and he became independent, his mother became more lenient. But around the time Hanuel went back to Korea, Jiyong’s condition returned and it got worse. It was a rare condition for it to come back at his teenage year but ever since then he had some complication. He went under some surgery already but it just keeps on returning, adding more complications.

Hanuel felt tears clouding her eyes. He looks so sick. She stood there, cupping to prevent any of her cries out.

“Oh, Dara you’re back.” Jiyong exclaimed, his eyes still pasted on the window. Hearing his voice, Hanuel can no longer resist. She ran towards him and put her arms around his shoulders. Jiyong froze in contact. He slowly turned and saw a crying girl, burying her face onto the crook of his neck.

Hanuel. It was Hanuel.

Jiyong turned to the door and saw Sandara with a soft smile. He glared at her but she just nodded and closed the door.

“Hanuel… Let go of me.” Jiyong said softly, trying to push her arms away but Hanuel shook her head and stubbornly tightened her hold to him instead.

“No! No!” Hanuel cried.

The two stayed that way until Hanuel calmed down. It was total torture for Jiyong to hear her cries. This was the exact reason why he hid his condition from her. He doesn’t want her feel pain and cry because of him.

She pulled a chair closer to his bed. She was holding his hand tightly, afraid to let go of him.

“I hate you for lying.” Hanuel said in a low voice. Despite her words, she was looking at Jiyong with loving eyes.

“I’m sorry…”

“I’m sorry for everything.” Jiyong said as he looked away, shifting his eyes to the open window.

“Forgiven… I know you’re just thinking about me, thinking of what was best for me but oppa don’t you think I also have a say to where I’m going to be happy and what was REALLY best for me?” Hanuel said softly, rubbing his hand with her thumb. Jiyong turned his head towards her.

“It was so hard to be apart from you. I think of you every day. I tried to forget but I can’t. Oppa I love you so much. I’m sorry.” Hanuel exclaimed, her eyes began to tear up again. Jiyong’s chest tightened upon seeing her face like that. She reached out for her face and held her cheek, his thumb rubbing her cheek in a circular motion.

“I love you too Hannie.” Jiyong finally voiced out his true feelings. He knew the first moment Hanuel stepped into the room, she has accepted him even his condition. But despite that he was still afraid.

Hanuel lifted her head, it was so nice to hear. It was the first time he said that. She cannot help but smile. She was so happy, she was in her very own cloud nine. She felt so light and so happy. She pushed herself up and hugged Jiyong again.

Even though fear was still there, Jiyong hugged her back. Her smell very addicting him, he missed her so much.

“But Hanuel, my heart is literally broken. It will be difficult for you and me. We cannot do anything but wait for a donor which was so hard to find.” Jiyong whispered. Hanuel felt his fear, she cannot help but feel the same way. But with a strong and determined face, Hanuel looked at him and said.

“Have a little hope… I promise I’ll be by your side whatever may come.” Hanuel assured him and he nodded, smiling…finally…

---

Hanuel told her brother, Eunhee and Taemin about Jiyong’s condition before their dinner with their family started. All three of them cannot do anything but sympathize. The anger Jaejoong had for Jiyong was no longer there but he pitied him. They decided to visit him before the go back to Korea.

The dinner with the Sons was normal, nothing special other than their parents playing match up. Taemin was so irritated during their meal. His father kept on praising him as if he was being sold. Mr. Son was doing the same thing to his daughter but unlike Taemin who was seriously irritated, Naeun reacted as if she was being embarrassed. The red tint on her cheeks shows it all.

After dinner, Taemin knew it will be useless to talk to his parents. All he wanted was to hear Haerin’s voice but apparently since morning she has been avoiding his calls.

“The number you have dialled…” The operator said once again. Taemin’s grasped on his phone grew tighter.

“Come on Haerin answer the phone.” Taemin said through his gritted teeth. He let out sigh of exasperation when he heard the operator’s voice once again.

“Hey.” Taemin felt a hand on his shoulder, he looked back and saw Eunhee looking at him.

“Hey.” He replied back, putting his phone back to his back pocket.

“Where’s your boyfriend?” Taemin scoffed, making Eunhee blush a little. The two has been inseparable since they arrived so Taemin was quite surprise not seeing Jaejoong with her.

“He’s with TOP, they went out to meet some friends.” Eunhee answered back.

“He didn’t let you come?” Taemin asked.

“No, I didn’t want to come. He needs to have fun with some of his friends. They rarely go out so I let him be.” Eunhee answered back with a soft smile.

“Oh, I see.” Taemin plainly said.

“So how are you?” Eunhee asked, knowing already what Taemin was feeling.

“I’m fine.”

“Hmm…” Eunhee eyed on him suspiciously, her way of warning him not to lie.

“Father’s freaking irritating and Haerin’s not answering my calls.” Taemin exclaimed in frustration. Eunhee sighed and hugged him.

“Calm down, mom and I talked. She said she’ll talk dad out of it. I’ll do the same thing. Don’t worry alright? And for Haerin, she might be busy. It’s a school day after all. She doesn’t have the luxury to miss school right?” Eunhee exclaimed, rubbing his back to calm him down. Taemin nodded his head and sigh.

“Mom?”

“Yeah… I don’t know what made her change her mind but at least she’s on our side now right?” Eunhee exclaimed, grinning at him. Taemin pulled back so he can see Eunhee’s face. He was so thankful for her presence, she always knew how to comfort him. Even though she wasn’t really his sister, Taemin will never look her differently. She was his sister may it be in blood or not.

“Alright, I’ll try to call her again tomorrow. Hopefully, she’ll pick up. I miss her so much.” Taemin exclaimed, talking about Haerin.

“Aissshh~! Taemin oppa’s in love~!” Eunhee smiled cheekily and some more. The two of them then headed to Hanuel’s room where the three of them talked til sleeping time.

--

Hey yo!! I’m still alive! Sorry for the late update! I was quite preoccupied these past few days.
I got hooked up with reading and going out. :D
Anyway! I’m back! I’ll try to update soon because I love the next chapter it’s full of JAEHEE fluff!

Oh! Speaking of JAEHEE I’ll start another fanfic for them! It won’t be like this story since the genre will be a lot different and hmmm… darker? Also I will solely focus on them, no other pairings…. Just very minor ones I guess. XD

Here click here |TAINTED| to check it out! *wink*
I won’t start soon but I will focus on it after this fanfic! Oh by the way! I made a mistake I might update more than 5 chapters before putting this fic to an end. XD

Bye!

SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. UPVOTE MAYBE?

06-16-14

Ps. Not proofread as usual!