19 | Her Return, Her Insecurities

Tied by Fate

Chapter 19

Her Return, Her Insecurities

 

Having another flashback from the night of Seungri’s after party, Eunhee held both of her cheeks as she began to feel heat rise to her cheeks again, her heart beating faster than usual and teeth biting her lower lip.

“I want you Jaejoong.” She whispered in front of his lips before pressing her lips to his.

She then started to and nibble his lower lip. Eunhee frowned as Jaejoong didn’t give her what she wanted. She then bit his lips harder, making Jaejoong groan and open his mouth. Once it happened, Eunhee slyly inserted her tongue. Jaejoong finally gave in as he kissed her back, pushing her down the bed, his hand travelling up and down her body. Needing the time to breathe, Eunhee pulled out, her lips kissing his neck, jawline and up to his ear where she whispered.

What did she whisper? She cannot remember.

She cannot believe that she said and did that. It was so embarrassing. She swore she will never get drunk again. ‘Stupid Japanese models…’ She said in her mind (for the nth time). When Eunhee actually woke up the next day, she really cannot remember anything after she got herself in a challenge against one of the Japanese models who kept on provoking her. They kept on annoying her and telling her to do that or this if she has the guts, at first she tried to ignore them but since they irritated her so much and actually pissed her off she took every shots they were giving her, proving them wrong about their assumptions of her. Since it was her first time drinking, she didn’t know her limits yet and she just got lost in the process, in the end she was drunk. She wanted to hit herself out of embarrassment that morning.

For the past few days after the incident she has been gaining some flashbacks about her actions during the said night. She just wanted to dig a hole and hide there forever. So far she has remember the way she clung to Jaejoong when he came back to their table and also the way she kissed him so intensely. She cannot believe that she acted that way, it was so out of her character. Good thing though Jaejoong didn’t seem to mind her actions during the said night in fact he was so sweet the next morning.

Flashback

When Eunhee opened her eyes, the sudden brightness surprised her making her close her eyes again. She tried to sit but as soon as she did that her head started to feel an immense pain, she felt like her skull was being drilled. She groaned, squeezing her eyes.

“Steady there. Here. Drink this.” She heard and felt an arm assisting her arm as she pushed herself up. She peeped through the man beside her and took the glass of water he was offering.

“And this.” He said as he put a pill between her lips. Without asking what it was Eunhee swallowed it.

“Advil, to ease your hang over. Wait here, I’ll just heat up the soup.” He said as he laid her down again on the bed, kissing the crown of her head before leaving. A few minutes later he came back with a tray of soup and freshly squeezed juice. He helped Eunhee up again and leaned her back on the head board of the bed. Eunhee watched him as he blew a spoon of soup and slowly fed it to her. She, without any words let him feed her.

“Jae-oppa.” She finally gained the courage to say something.

“Yes?” Jaejoong answered back with a soft smile on his lips.

“What happened last night? Did I do something stupid?” Eunhee asked, her eyes avoiding his gaze.

“Well almost.” He answered back which made Eunhee’s head snapped up and stared at him.

“Don’t worry about it babe. What you’ve done last night is safe with me. And no I won’t even tell you.” Jaejoong exclaimed and pecked her lips.

“Fine.” Eunhee mumbled, lowering her head as she blushed.

“By the way, never drink without me again alright?” Jaejoong whispered to her, he ruffled her hair and laughed.

End of Flashback

After that day, almost every day she was able to get fragments of her actions during that night and every time that happened she just end up being ashamed of herself. How can she be so clingy, possessive and wild that night?

Now she understood why he said that. “By the way, never drink without me again alright?” She was kind of hopeful that Jaejoong said this because he was afraid that she might do it with other guys, is he possibly be jealous by that? She smiled with the thought, maybe.

“Whatcha thinking?” Eunhee’s train of thought was put aside when she heard and felt her best friend poking her cheeks. Eunhee looked up to her, seeing her grinning mischievously at her. She immediately looked away from Hanuel and hid her face.

“You know you’re still not telling me what happened last Saturday night and why you ended up in my brother’s room?” Hanuel beamed as continued to grin at her. Eunhee covered her face again as she doesn’t want to talk about it anymore.

“It’s nothing. Go ask your brother if you want.” Eunhee exclaimed as she stood from her seat and headed out of the cafeteria.

“Bwoh? Lee Eunhee this is the first time you’re keeping a secret away from me.” Hanuel hurriedly caught up with her. She was pouting at her friend who was determined to ignore her.

“By the way, it’s only 12 noon, where are you going?” Hanuel exclaimed yet again, this time grabbing Eunhee by the wrist, making her stop on her track.

“I don’t have afternoon class today. Our professor’s not coming. Oh! Look there’s the couple you want to interrogate next.” Eunhee playfully replied as she pushed Hanuel towards the approaching Onew and Ah Yeon.

“No! I know they will end up with each other anyway. I’m not yet done with you!” Hanuel exclaimed but when she turned to look at Eunhee she was already running away towards the opposite direction.

“Bye Hannie-ah! See you later during dinner!” Eunhee shouted back as she waved.

“Aissh! This girl!” That was all Hanuel can say. She gave up, knowing that she will get her chance later because they will be having dinner with their parents that Tuesday night.

---

Jaejoong was busily reviewing some of the marketing sales of his artists when all of a sudden he heard a knock from his door. Without looking up, he told his secretary to enter.

“What is it?” He said still scanning through the papers in hand.

“You have a guest. A lady is looking for your, should I let her in?” His secretary said. Upon hearing this, a smile grew on Jaejoong’s face.

“Yeah! Let her in.” Jaejoong excitedly said as he put the papers he was reading down. So that was why Eunhee wasn’t texting him yet and reminding him to eat during lunch (every day she does that) because she came and surprised him. Jaejoong stood up from his seat, taking in the city view from his wide window. When he heard the clicking of the heels, he turned with a huge grin on his face.

“Annyeong ja—“ Jaejoong’s grinning face dropped as soon as he realized who just came in.

“What are you doing here?” He said with a straight face.

--

Since she doesn’t have any afternoon class, Eunhee decided to spend lunch with Jaejoong. She wanted to surprise him and so she didn’t bother texting him about her arrival. After giving her keys and watching her driver park the car for her, Eunhee smiled and thanked him.

“I’m sorry I’m still having a hard time parking.” Eunhee shyly exclaimed as she rubbed the back of her head in embarrassment.

“It’s alright Eunhee-sshi, that’s the only thing you’re having trouble with. I’m sure in no time you’ll be able to learn how to park like a pro.” Her driver playfully said which made her laugh.

“Do I have to wait for you miss?” Eunhee thought for a while before answering. She shook her head and waved him goodbye.

“Hmm… No need, I guess I’ll spend the whole afternoon here.” She smiled at the thought. Her driver then bid her goodbye and left.

 Eunhee happily skipped her way towards JJ entertainment, in hand was a paper bag full of food. She passed by one of her favourite Italian restaurants and ordered some food for take away. She even bought desserts for her and Jaejoong to share.  Just with the thought of spending time with him made her heart skip a beat.

When she entered the agency, she was greeted with the happy faces of the staff in which she appreciated. She headed to the top floor where Jaejoong’s office was situated. As soon as the elevator door opened, Jaejoong’s secretary greeted her by standing up and bowing at her.

“Eonnie! You don’t have to bow!” Eunhee exclaimed at Jaejoong’s secretary who she had learned to be close with. Jaejoong’s secretary simply laughed.

“Eonnie, is oppa inside right now?” Eunhee asked.

“Oh yeah. I’ll tell him you’re here.” Jaejoong’s secretary was about to leave her table when she felt Eunhee grabbing her hand.

“No need eonnie! I want to surprise him!” Eunhee grinned which made the secretary giggled at the girl’s sweetness.

“Alright!” Eunhee immediately went to Jaejoong’s office after the short conversation. She peeped first, checking if he was busy. Jaejoong was currently talking to a woman, her back facing Eunhee’s direction. Eunhee was about to retreat and wait outside when she saw the lady, grabbing her fiancé’s hand and caressed it in which took Eunhee’s attention especially when she saw the change on Jaejoong’s face. Jaejoong’s stern face softened, he looked at the lady with a hint of longingness in his eyes. Jaejoong said something but unfortunately she cannot hear their conversation. Jaejoong squeezed her hand before letting it go and stood up from his seat. The lady stood up and walked towards Jaejoong. Just with this, Eunhee can feel a sudden pain in her heart. Then, she felt it slowly breaking when she got a glance of the lady’s face.

Kwon BoA.

BoA then held Jaejoong’s shoulder, making the man turn to her. She then hugged him tightly and eventually Jaejoong hugged her back.

Eunhee slowly backed away and quietly closed the door. She cannot explain what she was feeling but she felt the sudden need to leave. Her heart was being filled with negative emotions, she doesn’t want to make any unnecessary actions and so she decided to take her weakened knees and walk away.

“Oh! Eunhee-sshi!” Jaejoong’s secretary called out, taking Eunhee back to reality. She stopped on her track and took a deep breath to recollect herself. She turned back to the secretary with a soft smile.

“Oh! Right, Director Kim has a guest. I’m sorry I forgot to inform you.” The secretary exclaimed as she bowed her head a little.

“Ani, it’s alright. Ahm… Can you just give this to him? I’m sure he hasn’t eaten yet.” Eunhee said as she passed her a paper bag. She then hurriedly turned away and left without another word.

Jaejoong’s secretary wondered what happened but she simply shook it off her mind as she knew it wasn’t her business.

--

“Look BoA you don’t have to explain anything. We’re over. I moved on.” Jaejoong said as he pulled his hand away from her hold. BoA sighed and looked back at him.

“I know. But I want to apologize for all the pain that I might have caused you. I know I don’t deserve your forgiveness but I… I want to give it a try. I’m really sorry Jae.” She said as she yet again tried to reach out for Jaejoong’s hand. This time Jaejoong didn’t pull it away and let her caress it.

Jaejoong won’t lie, he missed her so much. They were good friends and eventually became lovers. She was the reason why Jaejoong fell in love with music. She was the reason why he started to dream on his own. She was the one who encouraged him to become the person he was now-- a person who learned to fight for what he believes in and more importantly fight against his father.

But he cannot ignore the fact that she left him.

JJ entertainment was actually brought into existence because of her. Jaejoong created the agency for BoA because he wanted the world to become aware and astounded by her beautiful talent and so he promised to be the person to help her attain it. But everything has changed when Kim Woo Bin get into the picture. Once he found out about Jaejoong’s relationship with BoA, he immediately did his best to cut it. Woo Bin convinced BoA to leave his son by giving her the opportunity of a life time. He entered her to a huge agency (her current agency) and debuted her immediately, soon enough she began to gain not only the nation’s recognition but international as well. She became popular throughout Asia and was now starting to enter the western’s market.

It was ironic how BoA was the one who taught him to fight against his father and yet she never really put up a fight against him herself.

“Okay, I understand but let’s leave it at this. We’ve both moved on.” Jaejoong said as he gave her hand a squeeze and let it go. He stood up from his seat and turned to the city view once again.

“Thank you for everything though, I won’t be able to stand here in my own agency if I haven’t met you.” Jaejoong said as he turned back to her. BoA felt tears fell from her eyes, without taken aback by shame, she walked towards Jaejoong and hugged him tightly. Jaejoong was surprised by her actions but he decided to let her be. He hugged her back and comforted her by rubbing her back while she continued on crying.

After a few more exchanged of words, Jaejoong led BoA out of his office and sent her to the elevator. When he was about to go back to his office again, his secretary called his attention.

“Director Kim, your fiancé came a while ago and wanted me to give you this.” She exclaimed and passed the paper bag to Jaejoong.

“What’s this?”

“I guess it’s your lunch sir.”

“Why didn’t you ask her to go to my office?” Jaejoong asked as he lifted a brow at her.

“Ah… I did. But maybe seeing that you have a guest, she left. She was in a hurry a while ago.” Jaejoong’s secretary explained in which Jaejoong nodded to.

“Alright thanks.”

Jaejoong entered his office again and laid out the food on his coffee table. He wondered about the amount of the food though, it was good for two.

‘Was she planning to have lunch with me?’ Jaejoong asked himself. He sighed and grabbed his phone. He tried calling her but she wasn’t answering so he just decided to leave her a message.

---

She didn’t know why but Eunhee found herself in a quiet café. She sat at the corner most area where she let her tears flow.

She returned. BoA’s back.

Eunhee heard that BoA was a person who holds a very special part in Jaejoong’s heart. Did she return to claim her part again? Eunhee felt fear crept her heart as she felt threatened of losing Jaejoong, the person she loves. Just when they were starting to build a special relationship, she just have to come back again.

‘What if he chose her over me?’ Eunhee asked herself.

The way Jaejoong looked at BoA a while ago made her think that he might.

 

‘Will I be able to let him go if that happens? Yes, you should, you have to. As what they say, if you really love a person you have to let them go. I’m merely a fiancé, I may marry him in the future but I can never dictate what his heart chooses. I don’t want to hold back his happiness. Yes, that’s right. Don’t block his happiness Eunhee. Know your limit. You only hold him by contract but you will never hold his heart if he doesn’t want to.’ She thought as she took a deep breath. She wiped her tears away and composed herself. She checked her phone and saw 3 missed calls coming from him and a message.

              From: My Hubby Jae <3

Hey, you came but left. =( Why didn’t you say hello? And why aren’t you answering my calls? Bogoshipo baby, why do you have to leave? We’re supposed to eat this lunch you brought together.  Call me alright? I’ll see you tonight. :)

Why? He kept on asking why? Well she doesn’t understand why as well. Eunhee took yet another deep breath and replied.

              To: My Hubby Jae <3

                             Sorry oppa but something came up. I can’t call you right now, I’m sorry. Alright I’ll see you later. I miss you too, happy eating.

After replying, she chuckled at Jaejoong’s name on her phone. She shook her head and smiled bitterly. She went to her contacts and changed Jaejoong’s name-- from ‘My Hubby Jae <3’ to ‘Kim Jaejoong’

With that, she left the café and flagged a taxi.

--

Night time came and it was already time for dinner. The Lees and the Kims gathered up in the Kim’s mansion. Everyone was already seated on the dining table except for Jaejoong.

“I guess my son will be late again.” Woo Bin said as he pulled out his phone from his pocket.

“We still have 10 minutes before the scheduled time. Don’t worry too much dear.” Mrs. Kim exclaimed as she took a hold of her husband’s hand.

“Right. I’ll just check up on him.” Woobin said and was about to call Jaejoong when he suddenly came through the dining hall.

“Good evening everyone.” Jaejoong bowed politely and sat beside Eunhee and across his sister. He landed a kiss on her cheek before he seated properly, this simple gesture made the girl lower her head but this time not to hide the blush, instead to hide the pain she was feeling.

Seeing such scene, their parents cannot help but smile.

“No you’re right on time son.” Woo Bin said and proudly smiling at his son.

“Shall we begin our dinner now?” Mrs. Kim exclaimed, the maids then began to serve their first meal. The conversation then soon started.

“So I heard that you’re meeting the Sons tomorrow?” Woo Bin asked his good friend. Mr. Lee nodded his head and glanced at his son.

“Yes, isn’t that right Taemin?” He said.

“Yes, father. I’ve talked to Mr. Son’s secretary and scheduled a meeting with him tomorrow lunchtime.” Taemin politely said, gaining a nod from his father.

“Their business has been growing, they’re becoming more recognized in the world of Architecture.” Mrs. Kim exclaimed before feeding herself a spoon of soup.

“Yes, in fact they’re the ones who designed our latest hotel in LA and I’m planning to get them again for the joined venture that we will build in Jeju islands.” Mr. Lee said. Mr. Kim nodded with his suggestion. He has known the Sons for quite some time now and seeing the trust Mr. Lee has for them just strengthened their good image to him.

“Well, I think that’s a good idea. I hope I can meet them soon.” Mr. Kim exclaimed.

“You will soon. Remember next month will be the grand opening of ‘Serendipity LA’.” Mrs. Kim exclaimed as she held her husband hand.

“Oh yes, I almost forgot. I have a lot of things to worry about lately. I’m really fortunate to have a wife that never failed to remind me of what I tend to forget.” Woo Bin said, looking back at his wife with a soft smile in his face. Mr. and Mrs. Lee chucked.

“So next month we will go to LA?” Finally Jaejoong said a word.

“Of course dear, we have to support the Lees and you don’t want your fiancé to go there alone right?” Mrs. Kim answered his son.

“Oh, I see. I’ll put it on my schedule then.” Jaejoong simply smiled and looked back at Eunhee. He grabbed her hand which made her flinched. Jaejoong confusedly stared at her, meeting her doubtful eyes. Eunhee pulled her hand and continued eating. Jaejoong knitted his brows and stared at her as if analysing her weird behaviour.

“Are you alright?” Jaejoong whispered as he yet again, held Eunhee’s hand.

“Hmm.” Eunhee nodded and gave him a soft smile. She gently took her hand again and grabbed her fork.

The dinner continued on, their parents discussed about business matters and asking questions to their children’s every once in a while. Once dessert was over Taemin excused himself and went outside to get some fresh air, the atmosphere inside was suffocating for him. Just when he sat on the bench by the pool area, he received a message from his girlfriend.

From: My Haerin ^_^

Annyeong oppa! Have you eaten already? I just finished our practice. I’m heading home. Bogoshipo! :* <3

Taemin smiled at his girlfriend’s sweetness. He then replied.

              To: My Hearin ^_^

I’ve eaten already, I’m soooo full now! Hahaha. Eat dinner as soon as you reach home, arasso baby? I miss you too. I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning! :*

 

“Hey!” Taemin then felt a hand on his shoulder. He immediately looked up and found his sister looking down at him.

“Are you okay?” Eunhee asked as she sat next to him.

“Hmm. Yeah, why?” Taemin replied, leaning his head on his twin’s shoulder.

“Tomorrow’s lunch.” Eunhee simply muttered as she held onto Taemin’s head, caressing it.

“Well, I was expecting it to come but didn’t expect it to be this soon.” Taemin exclaimed as he took a deep breath.

“We’ll find out tomorrow about what dad and mom decide.”Taemin added as he removed his from his sister’s shoulder and stood up.

“Taemin-ah.”

“I know Eunhee. I will protect Haerin.” Taemin said with a soft smile.

“I’ll help you. I have your back, do not forget that.” Eunhee said as she too stood up and held her brother’s cheeks.

“And I’m thankful for that. I’m sure after tomorrow’s lunch we will have a long discussion.” Taemin said with a chuckle.

“You’re right, should we rehearse what we should say?” Eunhee joked which made the two of them laugh.

“Well I don’t think we have time for that as I can see that your boyfriend’s going to steal you away from me again.” Taemin said, his eyes travelling to Jaejoong’s direction. Eunhee followed his gaze and he was right, Jaejoong was approaching them.

“I’ll leave you two.” Taemin exclaimed with a smile.

“Wait, no.” Eunhee immediately grabbed his hand, pleading him to stay. Taemin looked at her with concern.

“What’s wrong Eunnie?” He muttered as he saw the sudden change on her eyes. She was worried of something no, she was sad.

Before Eunhee can even explain, Jaejoong reached the twins. Eunhee closed her hand and shook her head.

“Nothing. I guess I can handle this.” Eunhee said, as she looked back at Taemin with a soft smile. Taemin knew she was going through something but he let her be, knowing that soon enough she will tell him, maybe tomorrow?

“Alright. I’ll go inside and hang out with Hanuel, you can join us whenever you want.” Taemin said, kissing Eunhee’s forehead as he left. He patted Jaejoong’s shoulder as he passed by him. Jaejoong simply nodded and smiled at him.

“Hi.” Jaejoong said, making Eunhee to finally turn.

“Ahmm.. Hi.” Eunhee said with a small smile.

“Is there anything wrong? You’ve been acting weirdly during dinner.” Jaejoong asked as he reached out for her, he held her cheek which made the girl flinched again. They looked at each other with shock.

“Did I do something wrong?” Jaejoong asked, taking his hand back.

“No, no. I’m sorry. I was just worried about Taemin.” Eunhee lied as she grabbed Jaejoong’s hand.

“I see.” He nodded and pulled her to sit on the bench. Jaejoong then laid and rested his head on Eunhee’s lap and closed his eyes.. Eunhee was taken aback with his action but immediately hid it. ‘Why is he making it harder for me?’ Eunhee thought as she smiled bitterly at his face. She then began to his hair which made the guy smile unknowingly.

“I’m so tired.” Jaejoong said. “Thanks for the lunch a while ago, though it might have been better if you ate with me.” Jaejoong exclaimed

“I’m sorry, I have to run some errand for some project.” Eunhee lied again.

“Oh, I see. Both of us has been quite busy ne?” Jaejoong said, his eyes finally meeting hers. For a second, he sense a sudden pain in her eyes but it faded right away, making him think twice whether he just imagined it.

“Yeah.” She said as she looked at the empty pool.

“You’re worried about something I can tell. Will you tell me?” Jaejoong said as he sat up and looked intently at Jaejoong.

“Just like what I told you, it’s about Taemin. Our parents might arrange him with one of the Sons’ daughters. I’m afraid for him.” Eunhee said without looking back at the man.

“Is that all?” Jaejoong asked, holding onto her hand. Eunhee didn’t answer for a while. She took a breath and turned to him with a smile.

“Yes.” She said.

Jaejoong nodded but he knew something was bothering her. For now he let it pass.

Eunhee was glad enough that he didn’t push the topic further. After that, she asked him to join their siblings, afraid that he might notice something more about her behaviour.

--

Alright a short one. Well tell me what you think about it ne? A little dramatic. XD

Don’t worry I’ll start the next chapter with a little brighter mood. :)

Thanks for my new subscribers again. Please let me hear your wonderful thoughts… XD

The comment box was created for a reason! LOL

p.s not proofread as usual…

 

Yui dea~!

04/08/14