13 | The Game Master: Kim Hanuel pt.1

Tied by Fate

Chapter 13

The Game Master: Kim Hanuel pt.1

At around 6pm, the group of friends finally arrived at Jeju Island and that was of course thanks to the Kim's private plane. As soon as they exited the airport 6 expensive cars awaited them, their guests cannot help but wonder how rich the Kim's really are. Before entering the first car with her brother, and the Lee twins, Hanuel instructed her visitors to make themselves comfortable in whatever car they choose as it will send them to the villa where they will spend the next 2 days and 2 nights.

The cars brought them to the most south part of Jeju Island which is quite distant from the number of hotels and resorts in the island. Making the location of the Kim's villa was very private and relaxing.

"Owaaah! It's sooo beautiful here!" Breaking the quiet atmosphere in the car, Eunhee exclaimed in awe as she watched the night view on the other side of the window. Taemin cannot help but smile at his sister and joined her in watching the beautiful view.

It was the first time of the Lee twins in Jeju island since they lived in Los Angeles almost whole their lives and they rarely visit the country due to their parents' busy schedule.

Seeing the siblings, Jaejoong ordered the driver to open the window so they can enjoy the ride better. Eunhee's smile grew wider as she started to feel the cool night breeze upon her skin. Jaejoong was very satisfied seeing such scene.

Soon enough they arrived the villa, everyone was quite surprised with how large the property was. It can actually pass as a boutique hotel already. Hanuel made a small tour and told them about their room assignments.

Room assignment:

Hanuel- Eunhee

Ah Yeon- Haerin

Jiyong- Taemin

Onew- Key

Minho- Jonghyun

Lay- Sehun

Chanyeol- Baekhyun

Jaejoong

Since dinner won't be served until 8:30 pm, Hanuel instructed everyone to settle their things in their respective rooms first.

On their way to their room, Key stole a glance of Hanuel who was smiling at him with a certain glint in her eyes. Seeing this Key glared at her and cursed her in his mind as he was very much aware that she purposely assigned his room with the last guy he wanted to spend that nights with and that guy was no other than Onew. On the other hand Onew doesn't seem to mind as he was as clueless as ever.

--

 When Eunhee finished fixing her things, she told Hanuel that she will just tour around the villa first as she knew that Hanuel will take a long time fixing her things but before leaving Eunhee first changed into a comfortable pair of denim shorts, a simple tank top and a cardigan.

When she opened the door, she was surprised to see Jaejoong leaning on the wall in front of her, as if he has been there waiting for her all along.

"Ah, oppa? Do you need something?" Eunhee politely asked but Jaejoong shook his head and grabbed her hand.

"Come on, I want to talk to you." He exclaimed and pulled her outside the villa. Eunhee cannot help but blush at the sudden contact, her heart skipped a beat.

Not letting go of her hand, Jaejoong brought her to the seaside where they found themselves alone. Jaejoong guided her towards a sunbathing lounge and sat, pulling her down along with him. For a while the two of them just watched the crashing waves, enjoying the cool breeze under the twinkling stars and bright moon.

"So the thing I wanted to talk to you about..." Jaejoong finally broke the comfortable silence. Eunhee looked up to him and found him staring at the empty sea.

Feeling the stare that Eunhee's giving him, Jaejoong stared back at her, making her blush yet again.

"Let's give this arrangement a chance." He said.

"Hmm... That sounded wrong, okay I decided to give this engagement a chance. I know I've been really unfair to you. You've been trying so hard to make everything work while here I am being a jerk." Jaejoong exclaimed as he looked back at the rushing waves yet again.

"It must be really annoying for you, trying to be patient on me. I realized that you don't deserve being treated the way I treated you before. I was a jerk for blaming things to you when you're also a victim. None of us wanted this in the first place." Jaejoong continued. For a moment, there was only silence in the air as Eunhee cannot believe what she was seeing and hearing. She cannot believe that Kim Jaejoong was actually trying to handle things maturely. But she was glad that he was aware of that fact.

When Jaejoong didn't hear a reply, he looked back at Eunhee again, catching her staring at him with unbelieving eyes.

He chuckled seeing this and said "What I'm trying to say is, I'm really sorry." He smiled sincerely at her and waited for her reply.

"It's alright. I forgive you." Eunhee finally found her voice, smiling back at him. Again silence filled the air. Jaejoong cleared his thought and took a deep sigh. He then said…

"So we're a couple now?" Jaejoong proposed with a huge grin while Eunhee instantly blushed, hearing the sudden proposal. But she immediately tried to shake her blush off and nodded shyly.

"Do we have a choice?" Eunhee laughed.

"Yeah I guess we don't." Jaejoong looked ahead and laughed along.

"Poor me." Eunhee joked which actually made Jaejoong to stare back at her, with a quite surprised expression.

"Poor you? Tsk. Consider yourself lucky little girl. Believe me a thousand of girls will die to take your place right now." Jaejoong exclaimed.

"Aaahhh... Really?" Eunhee ignored his staring and diverted her eyes to the sea again.

"Yeah believe me." Jaejoong leaned towards her ear and whispered. From that Eunhee can feel chills down her spine, giving her goose bumps. But before Eunhee can even lean away after the short shock she felt, Jaejoong proceeded on kissing her cheek.

Instantly she backed away and blushed madly for the nth time that day. She hated the fact that Jaejoong has a strong effect on her and always seems to make her emotions run wild. Before Eunhee can even protest for what he has done, Jaejoong stood from his seat and pulled her up.

"Come on let's go, I'm sure your paranoid brother is already looking for you." Jaejoong said and held her hand firmly. Just as he said that, Eunhee felt her phone vibrating. They both laughed when they saw on the phone's screen that Taemin was already calling her.

"Aren't you going to answer it?" Jaejoong asked, confused that Eunhee kept her phone without answering.

"I'm sure that when he finds out I'm with you, he'll nag me so to avoid being nagged twice I'll just ignore this one and receive my nagging later." Eunhee exclaimed smiling at him. Jaejoong chuckled with her statement and they continued on walking.

"He really hates me, doesn't he?" Jaejooong muttered randomly as they walked.

"Not really, he's just worried about me. He just thinks that I'm miserable because of this arrangement." Eunhee answered plainly.

"Are you miserable?" Jaejoong asked, looking at her soft features.

"Well not really, unless you make me" Eunhee answered, looking up to him. She smiled at him as he grinned to himself as well.

----

When the couple went back to the villa, the rest of the guys were already seated on the gazebo near the beach, having their dinner. Hanuel called over her brother and best friend, gesturing them to come and join their table. When the couple came closer, there Taemin noticed that they were actually holding hands. Taemin glared at the couple’s joint hands and looked intently at his sister. Realizing this, Eunhee immediately tried to peel her hand off Jaejoong’s but the latter refused and instead he held it tighter. And instead of going directly at their table, Jaejoong pulled Eunhee to the buffet table and helped her get some food. When they came back, they were no longer holding hands but Jaejoong’s right hand was on Eunhee’s back. Taemin’s brows furrowed as he found Jaejoong’s action quite different than before. He was actually treating his sister nicely as if she was really his girlfriend. But even with this realization, Taemin cannot help but question Jaejoong’s real intention.

“After dinner, let’s talk.” Taemin whispered against his sister’s ear. Eunhee sighed but nodded, she was already expecting it.

The dinner was pleasant there were different topics going around each table, casual laughter and jokes were everywhere. After dinner though, the twins excused themselves and looked for a private place to talk. Taemin led his sister in the terrace of the main house where they can see everybody talking endlessly downstairs.

“Bother telling me what’s going on between the two of you?” Taemin said as he leaned over the railing of the terrace, watching Jaejoong from a far. Eunhee mimicked his action and answered.

“We decided to give the engagement a chance.”

“Ha? So you’re like dating now?” Taemin exclaimed, obviously not liking the idea.

“Yeah, I guess?” Eunhee said casually, trying not to be bothered by Taemin’s behavior.

“Are you serious? After all the rude things he has done to you?” Taemin exclaimed, sighing in frustration.

“Look, we’ve talked. He apologized. The two of us doesn’t have a choice, whether we act like a couple or pointlessly hate this situation forever we will still end up marrying each other. Don’t you think it’s better that we just get along? Look Taemin, just let it be. I can handle myself. If he hurts me then be it. I can take it in.” Eunhee said as calmly as she could. But hearing this only made Taemin fumed in fury but before he can even think of a comeback Eunhee added…

“Just worry about yourself, you like her don’t you?” Eunhee said as she pointed at Haerin. Instantly Taemin froze on the spot, did Hanuel tell her?

“I don’t like anybody. I will be arranged to someone else just like you so why bother?” Taemin turned away and sigh.

“You keep on complaining about my engagement and yet you’re helplessly accepting yours and it’s not even there yet. You can still prevent it.” Eunhee sighed as she watched Taemin’s painful expression.

“Look, Jaejoong and I are getting along. You don’t have to worry anymore. And please don’t deny the fact that you like Haerin. I can see it through your actions and the way you sneakily steal glances of her.” Eunhee said softly as she put a hand on her brother’s back.

“You can’t lie to me Taemin.” Eunhee added. This time Taemin turned to look at her as if telling her to stop. But Eunhee didn’t budge.

“Tell me what’s wrong, please?” Eunhee cupped his cheeks, locking his eyes on hers.

“I’m afraid Eunhee-ah.” Taemin admitted, almost in a whisper. Pain was evident in his doubtful eyes.

“Don’t be, just let it go. Don’t stop your feelings because it will only hurt you. I know you’re afraid of the future but trust me I will help you out.” Eunhee offered him a gentle smile as she caressed his cheeks lightly. She secretly promised to herself that she will make Taemin’s happy. She knew her little secret will eventually put into us and she doesn’t mind revealing it for Taemin’s happiness.

“I don’t know…” Taemin sighed helplessly and gently put Eunhee’s hands away, turning his attention back to the little crowd downstairs. He can see Haerin sitting quietly on her chair. Where is the cheerful and bright Haerin? He knew he might be the reason why the normal Haerin wasn’t there, he confuses her. He has been avoiding her for a week now, at first he thought she won’t even notice but to his surprise he can actually see that she was indeed affected by him. The way she looked at him at the airport early that afternoon proved it all and it made him feel uncomfortable. The way her sad eyes watched him was heart breaking. He felt like a thousand needles attacked his dear fragile heart.

Still drowning in his own thoughts Taemin headed to his room. He didn’t even notice Hanuel leaning on the door, watching him and his sister interact all along.

Eunhee sighed and exchanged worried looks with Hanuel who was already walking towards her. 

“I don’t know what to do with him.” Eunhee muttered under her breath.

“Don’t worry, I’ll handle it. Tomorrow we will have fun.” Hanuel gave Eunhee a witty smile and winked at her.

“Why do I feel like you’re planning something again?” Eunhee exclaimed as she rolled her eyes on her crazy friend.

“Of course I’m planning something! When did I run out of ideas in the first place?” Hanuel grinned at Eunhee and playfully wiggled her eyebrows.

“Aishh… This girl.” Eunhee clicked tongue but ended up laughing with the silly Hanuel.

“Don’t worry, you will enjoy tomorrow but maybe not as much as I will” Hanuel hooked her arm with her best friend and whispered.

“You know, you’re kinda creepy sometimes.” Eunhee teased as she chuckled. Hanuel simply shrugged unaffected at all.

“By the way, how about your plan?” Eunhee asked.

“I’ll decide if I’ll continue with it after tomorrow.” Hanuel winked once again and pulled Eunhee back to the gazebo.

---

The next day, Jaejoong reserved a gig for Asterisk where in they would play in a resort’s performing stage. Since the said resort was for those in budget meaning-- teenagers and young adults will be their audience. Jaejoong decided that it will be the perfect gig for them since those are the target market of the band’s music.

After sending Asterisk off, Jaejoong returned to the beach. The remaining guys (and girls) were already having a fun time. Minho, Key, Taemin and Ah Yeon were playing beach volley ball while Jiyong and Hanuel were trying to build a sand castle. Somewhere in the water was Onew, swimming aimlessly.

Jaejoong smiled to himself when he found Eunhee alone in one of the sunbathing lounge. Just like the other two girls, she was wearing a thin hanging shirt and a pair of short shorts over her two piece swimsuit. Before approaching her though, he mentally told himself to control his stupid hormones, being a player before was seriously has some effects on him that he cannot control.

“Hey!” Jaejoong greeted as he sat beside her.

“Oh! Hi!” Eunhee greeted back. She blushed uncontrollable as he saw Jaejoong sitting beside her wearing a swimming short and open polo which showcase his well built body. That aside Eunhee also noticed the tattoos he has on his chest, adoring it.

“Like what you see?” Jaejoong teased and chuckled. He just can’t help making the comment with Eunhee staring at his body like that. Hearing such remark, Eunhee immediately turned away and tried to walk away but Jaejoong grabbed her wrist in time and pulled her back.

“I’m just joking, jagiyaaa~!” Jaejoong playfully said, watching Eunhee’s flustered self.

“Ja—jagiya? Where did that come from?!” Eunhee said trying to pull away from Jaejoong as he continued to by trying to close the distance between them. Jaejoong laughed whole-heartedly, gaining the attention of everyone in beach. As soon as he sensed Taemin’s gaze, Jaejoong immediately let go of Eunhee and transferred to the other lounge. With such sight Eunhee cannot help but laugh.

“I swear if glaring can really kill, I’m already brutally murdered by now.” Jaejoong chuckled as he laid his back on the lounge, putting his sunglasses on.

“Yeah I guess so.”  Eunhee said.

Sensing that her voice becoming farther, Jaejoong opened his eyes and rose up from his lying position.

“Eunhee! Where are you going?” He asked. Eunhee simply pointed at the sea and walked over that direction.

---

While playing on the sand Jiyong and Hanuel watched their friends interact. They cannot help but to get amused by how Jaejoong was acting towards Eunhee. They laughed seeing Jaejoong’s reaction when Eunhee took off her shirt along with her slippers near the shore before taking a dip into the water.

“Aish! This erted guy!” Hanuel remarked throwing sands on Jaejoong’s direction though there was no way it will reach him.

“Hahahaha! Jaejoong just go into the water!” Jiyong shouted, taking the attention of the distracted guy.

“Oh wait! That will be useless! He won’t reach where Eunhee’s heading!” Hanuel added, instantly making Jaejoong to glare at her. ‘Don’t you dare continue it’ Jaejoong muttered.

“BECAUSE YOU CAN’T SWIM!” Hanuel added, bursting into laughter, making everyone to stare at the now embarrassed Jaejoong.

“YAH KIM HANUEL!” Jaejoong shouted furiously at her. His cheeks were flushed. Taemin cannot help but laugh. He cannot believe that the cocky Kim Jaejoong cannot swim.

‘I guess the only way to get rid of the guy is to drown him’ Taemin chuckled at his own thought.

Jaejoong slowly walked towards his sister who was already trying to back off and readying herself to run away. When Jaejoong increased his pace, Hanuel grabbed Jiyong hand and started to run as fast as she could.

“Ah wae?! Why am I suddenly involve?!” Jiyong whined but let her dragged him without hesitation. He kept on laughing as the siblings playfully chased after one another.

“Who would have thought that Kim Jaejoong-sshi actually has a soft side.” Ah Yeon exclaimed, glancing at Taemin who just rolled his eyes and served the ball purposely towards Ah Yeon’s direction.

---

The morning was well spent, those who stayed in the villa spent the whole morning in the beach. After lunch they went to where Asterisk was going to perform and watched them, giving them the support they need. The band has been rehearsing since that morning; they were feeling hyped up until they saw the building crowd. But eventually they got over their nervousness as they saw the support given by their director and their new found friends. After performing 5 songs they ran towards their friends and immediately thanked their director, Kim Jaejoong.

“Director Kim! Thank you so much for this gig you gave us! It was so much fun!” Lay exclaimed bowing his head, seeing their leader doing such s followed.

“No problem, I must say your performance impressed me. Your stage presence was good but it can be better. We will work on that so don’t worry about it. Other than that hmm…” Jaejoong trailed off and turned his attention to the only girl in the group.

“Haerin-ah, I understand that you might be going through something but I hope you’ll learn how to leave it aside. You were not yourself during the performance. I want the bright Haerin back, is that okay?” Jaejoong gently said to her. Haerin nodded shyly, a bit embarrassed that Jaejoong even noticed her unusual behavior. She stole a glance of Taemin who apparently can hear everything. For a brief moment they stared at each other but she immediately looked back to Jaejoong and said.

“I understand Director Kim. I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright, this is your first time performing in such crowd so I understand. I’ll try and expose you more so please ready yourselves.” Jaejoong exclaimed, dismissing the group.

“Aaaah~! So that’s how Director Kim acts.” Hanuel teasingly said, immediately receiving a hit on the head from her brother.

“Come on let’s go back to the villa and have some fun! I prepared some fun and games!” Hanuel cheered excitedly and lead the way out of the resort!

---

When they returned to the villa, they were surprised to see that the wide living room was decorated just like how a children’s party would be like. Everyone turned their attention to Hanuel who just looked dully at them.

“Seriously? What am I going to greet myself a happy birthday too? Aissh! I brought you all here and yet no one bothered to gre—“ Hanuel was cut off when the lights suddenly turned off then a wild Jiyong came out from the back, holding a cake with 19 candles on it. Then everyone started to sing happy birthday to Hanuel.

 “saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

sarang ha neun – Hanuel-shi

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da”

 

“Omooo! I thought all of you forgot why you were all gathered here!” Hanuel sniffed as she tried to stop her tears from falling. No one greeted her that day, she was so disappointed earlier but didn’t show it. Now that she realized they were only playing tricks on her, she cannot help but get overwhelmed. Jaejoong stepped forward and pulled her into a hug.

“Of course we won’t forget your birthday baby girl.” Jaejoong whispered to her as she snuggled on her brother’s chest.

“Now blow your candle before some of the wax drip into your cake.” Jiyong hated to break the sweet moment between the siblings but he has to do it. Hanuel pulled away and turned to the cake. She closed her eyes for a few seconds to make a wish and blew it. After blowing it, her friends began to pop some birthday popper and spray some silly strings everywhere. They all congratulated Hanuel, giving her their presents and hugs. When that was over, they all wore some party hats and ate.

“Here this is a perfect hat for you.” Jiyong exclaimed as he put a crown shaped birthday hat on Hanuel which had “Birthday Girl” on it. Hanuel cannot help but blush at such gesture.

After dinner, Hanuel turned off the loud music to take everyone’s attention. She ordered the helpers to move everything aside so they could have a wide space on the living room. She then pulled a high chair and placed it in front of the wide space. Holding a remote control in hand, she went up the chair and called everyone’s attention.

“Since today is my birthday, I have the privilege to take control. Buahahaha! Don’t worry we’re just going to have some fun and play!” Hanuel exclaimed as if she was an evil villain from a cartoon show. She then gave a meaningful look at Jaejoong and Taemin who sighed and gave her a nod of approval.

..:Flashback:..

While everyone else was eating, Hanuel managed to pull Taemin from the small gathering. She led him towards the balcony where he found Jiyong and Jaejoong talking. Seeing Hanuel succeeding in bringing Taemin outside, Jiyong stood from the bench. Hanuel then pushed Taemin down to the bench where he was now sitting beside Jaejoong. The two men frowned at Hanuel, demanding an answer for this weird set up.

“As we all know, the two of you are the biggest kill joy in here. So I just want to talk to both of you personally. Today is my birthday meaning…” Hanuel exclaimed, pointing at Jaejoong to continue her words.

“Meaning it’s your day.” Jaeejong answered, rolling his eyes.

“Great oppa!” Hanuel praised Jaejoong like a teacher to a preschool will.

“So I prepared a number of games for this party. None of you will act like an overly protective brother” Hanuel exclaimed, locking her gaze at Taemin. While Jiyong was pointing at Hanuel (as if she’s the boss) and nodding along with her every word, like how a up employee will do.

“And no” I’m so cool for this” act.” Hanuel continued this time directing her stare to Jaejoong. “Remember you’re not supposed to be here but you “beg” on coming.” Hanuel exclaimed which made Jaejoong drop his jaw. He cannot believe that Hanuel just revealed that knowing that Taemin was there.

“Okay fine! I’ll behave but can I hit that guy beside you?” Taemin sighed and glared at Jiyong who was mocking them all along.

“Call, me too can I kick that bastard beside you?” Jaejoong answered and for the first time ever the two actually agreed on something. Jiyong raised his hands in the air, begging for forgiveness.

..:End of flashback:..

 

With a crown on her head, a staff on one hand and remote in the other, Hanuel began to explain the first game.

“For the first game…. Dum dum dum~!” Hanuel started off. Everyone gathered on the empty space and waited for her to continue.

“Paper dance!!!” Hanuel announced, hearing such everybody started to look around to find their perfect partner.

“Wait! Before you look for your partner I will explain things first. So we all know that the game is simple. You will just dance with your partner around the paper assigned to you while the music plays, when the music stops you and your partner have to stop and fit yourselves on the paper lying on the floor. Of course to make things exciting, in every round the paper gets smaller.” Hanuel added. When she paused, everyone started to buzz again.

“Hey!! Be quiet! The queen is not yet done talking!” Hanuel said comically which made everyone to laugh at her. “Sssshhh!!” Hanuel shushed them down and this time they followed.

“All of you shall play! That is why I excluded myself so we could have an even number.”

“Oh! Wait there’s more! To make things interesting, I prepared a prize for you!” Hearing this everyone looked up to her and waited. It’s Kim Hanuel of course her prize won’t be as simple as candies.

“I will give you 2 VVIP tickets to the next concert of your favorite idol in JJ entertainment!” Hanuel exclaimed. The majority of the faces in the room immediately lit up, of course they wanted to see their favorite artist.

“Really? You’ll do that?” Jaejoong scoffed. Hanuel immediately glared at him and exclaimed.

“Oppa! Remember what we talked about? Today in my birthday meaning??”

Jaejoong could do nothing but sigh in defeat. “meaning today is your day, oh my dear queen.” Bowing as he paid “respect” to his queen.

“Great! So now look for your partner!” Hanuel shouted, in an instant everyone moved around.

Hearing this, Key immediately tried to find Ah Yeon and when he did, he tried to approach her but then on his way a hand suddenly grabbed his arm, preventing him from getter farther.

“Aniya! You’re heavy! I must win! I want to see Yuri! Key’s much lighter so he’ll be the perfect choice!” Minho grabbed Key as he shoved Jonghyun away.

“Ah wae?!!” Jonghyun whined, trying to pull Minho.

“Will you stop it!” Key raised his voice which made the two shut up for a while but to his dismay when he turned to look at Ah Yeon again, she was already holding Onew’s hand. He sighed in defeat but before he can feel totally defeated, he realized something…

 ‘Oh! Wait! If they win, that means they’ll go at the concert TOGETHER! I must stop that!’ A sudden thought crossed his mind. He abruptly turned towards Minho and grabbed his arm.

“Come on we must win! You wanna see your Yuri right?” Key exclaimed as if he was talking to a dog. Minho’s face brightened up with what he heard. He nodded excitingly.

“Ah good boy!” Key said with a grin, turning his head towards Onew’s direction, sending daggers on the innocent fella.

On the back of his head though he was asking himself why he was doing this? Shouldn’t he be happy that Onew and Ah Yeon might finally develop something after this game? Isn’t that what he hoped for in the beginning?

--

As competitive as ever Ah Yeon immediately grabbed Onew’s arm. She knew he can carry her with ease and that she was comfortable doing some skinship with him since they grew up together. Indeed he was the perfect partner for this game. Onew seemed happy with this. It was so obvious in his face as his smile reached his ear.

“We must win! I need that ticket!” Ah Yeon said under her breath, looking determined as ever. Onew laughed at her, knowing the reason for that face.

“CN blue?” Onew said. With her lips in a thin line, brows in a furrow, Ah Yeon raised a fist and nodded her head.

“Yeah! I must see Jonghyun-oppa!” Ah Yeon said. ‘Aish! This girl is so cute when she wants something.’ Onew thought to himself.

“Fine let’s win?” Onew said offering a hand which Ah Yeon gladly took.

--

Eunhee was just about to go to her brother when she felt a hand tugging her wrist, she turned back and saw Jaejoong.

“You’ll be my partner.” Jaejoong casually said his decision.

“Eh?” Eunhee tilted her head, quite surprised with his suggestion.

“You’re the closest person I got here. Hanuel won’t play remember?” Jaejoong plainly said as he pulled her closer to him.

“Jiyong is there.” Eunhee muttered her breath. God, Jaejoong’s making her heart explode.

“I want you okay!” Jaejoong sighed and said. He looked down at Eunhee firmly which made Eunhee to be taken aback.

“Ah ye.” Eunhee answered and lowered her head.

“Aisshhh… Jagiya~!” Jaejoong smirked and began teasing her again.

“Ja—Jagiya? Will you stop calling me that?!” Eunhee exclaimed as she avoided his gaze. It was not like she hated being called by him like that, it was just whenever he calls her that. Eunhee becomes flustered all of the sudden. She cannot control her emotions whenever that happens.

“Ah wae?” Jaejoong asked teasingly as he tugged Eunhee’s wrist repeatedly, trying to make Eunhee to look at him.

--

“Ah! Suzy!!! We must see Suzy!” Baekhyun exclaimed, facing Chanyeol with a huge grin on his face.

“Yeah! We must!!” Chayeol agreed, raising his fist with determination.

“No way! It will be us who will see Suzy perform!” Sehun exclaimed, acting like a fanboy that he is.

“Right Lay-hyung? Lay-hyung is strong, we’ll surely win!” Sehun added while making faces.

Just like that two pairs were made.

Seeing that there were only 4 people available namely Jonghyun, Jiyong, Haerin and Taemin, Hanuel smirked and pulled Jonghyun and Jiyong together. Shocked by the sudden action, the two guys just stared at each other awkwardly and bow.

“Ah! An--annyeonghaseyo!” Jiyong greeted and bowed at Jonghyun.

“Oh! Ye! Annyeonghaseyo. Let’s work well together.” Jonghyun returned the gesture. Jiyong stole a glance of Hanuel who just wiggled her brows on him with a grin on her face. She then pointed at Taemin, in an instant Jiyong understood her plan and just went along with her.

Taemin and Haeri awkwardly stared at each other as they realized that they were the only ones who don’t have a partner yet. None of them moved even with this realization and so Hanuel jumped of her high chair again and pulled the two together.

“There! Since you’re the only ones available!” Hanuel grinned at them. She made sure to give Taemin a quick look before skipping back to her high chair.

Cupid Hanuel smiled in satisfaction as she saw the pairing. Eunhee with Jaejoong, Onew with Ah Yeon and of course Taemin and Haerin

She grinned and asked the helpers to pass around the newspapers. She then clicked the ‘play’ button on the remote, making the pairs to dance along with it. They all walked around their respective newspaper and moved along with the music. For the first, second and third round no one got eliminated. But when the paper was folded into 1/4, pairs started to get eliminated. All because they have to start touching each other.

When the music halted, Taemin and Haerin stepped into the newspaper at the same time. They accidently bumped into each other which made Haerin fall back but fortunately for her Taemin grabbed her waist and pulled her towards him again. When Haerin opened her eyes, she was shocked to see Taemin’s face only a few inches away from her. She gasped, as felt blood rushing towards her cheeks. She panicked inside and pulled away, making her fall on her .

“OUT!!!” Hanuel shouted, laughing at Haerin’s action. She sent a smirk on Taemin while the guy just sighed.

“Here!” Taemin offered a hand but Haerin just stared at it. She blinked a few times before looking up to his face.

“It’s alright. I can handle it.” Haerin exclaimed as she stood on her own.

‘Jerk, you’ve been avoiding me all these times and here you are being nice again? Why did you even avoid me all of a sudden?’ Haerin thought as she dusted off her pants. Oh how she wanted to ask that to him but sadly she doesn’t have the courage to.

Taemin released a sighed as he watched Haerin turn her back on him. At that moment he wanted to apologize but he doesn’t understand why his feet won’t move. His train of thoughts got distracted when Hanuel asked the others to fold their papers and played the song again.

It seemed that, Jiyong and Jonghyun got eliminated too. No surprise since they were only acquaintances (they only knew each other by their names) being paired together. Of course it has been quite awkward for the two of them to be too close for comfort, resulting for them to fail.

All the other pairs survived by holding each other. Each of them only had one foot on the paper.

--

The newspaper was folded into half yet again. With the size of it only a foot can fit on it. The music played again and when it halted. Almost all the couple hesitated and tried to think on how to complete the challenge.

“Get in! 20, 19, 18…” Hanuel started a countdown to hurry the pairs.

Lay carried Sehun on his back but immediately fall as Sehun cannot contain himself from laughing.

“OUT!” Hanuel shouted while pointing her staff to Sehun. When Sehun realized his defeat he began shouting dramatically as if the world was ending.

“Oh Suzy! My dear Suzy!!” Sehun knelt down and dramatically exclaimed.

Another two pairs did the same tactic as Lay and Sehun but unlike them Onew & Ah Yeon and Key & Minho actually succeeded. Chanyeol on the other hand carried Baekhyun bridal style, which made those who got eliminated laugh but unfortunately to them since Baekhyun kept on playing around, Chanyeol lost his balance and they too got eliminated.

“Now look what you’ve done!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he started to hit the shorter guy. Baekhyun pouted cutely trying to escape Chanyeol’s wrath with his cuteness.

“As if that will work on me !” Chanyeol yet again hit Baekhyun on the head before proceeding to sit on the sofa.

“Now we won’t be able to see Suzy!” Chanyeol sulked on his seat, still glaring at Baekhyun.

“Well at least we’re not the only ones!” Baekhyun exclaimed as he pointed at Sehun who was still kneeling on the floor, repeatedly calling out for Suzy’s name. Lay was even swatted down to his level to comfort him.

“15, 14, 13…”

 Eunhee panicked as Hanuel continued with her countdown. Jaejoong on the other hand just laughed. He knew they will pass. When Hanuel reached 12, Jaejoong grabbed Eunhee and lifted her effortlessly, bridal style. Eunhee automatically put her arms around his neck, helping him so balance.

“Just a question, why are we even doing this? You’re the director anyway.” Eunhee voiced out her thoughts randomly which made Jaejoong smiled in amusement.

“You know why?” Jaejoong asked, as he slowly closes the distance between their faces. Eunhee literally froze on the spot, blood rushing to her face.

“Because I enjoyed being this close to you.” Jaejoong whispered to her and gave her a gorgeous smile.

“Yah!” Eunhee blushed madly and pushed his head away, making him fall back a little.

“Put me down oppa!” Eunhee ordered but Jaejoong stubbornly shook his head.

“OUT!!” Hanuel pointed at the couple.

“Now don’t flaunt your sweetness over here and go find a room!” Hanuel jokingly exclaimed which made Eunhee to glare at her.

“Yah oppa put me down!” Eunhee exclaimed yet again as Jaejoong really did move away from the open space and jokingly walked towards the stairs.

‘Where’s Taemin when you need him?!’ Eunhee shouted in her mind. She can no longer let Jaejoong carry her any longer or else her heart might just explode. Eunhee searched for her brother and there he was intently staring at Haerin who was sitting on the other side of the room.

“Jaejoong-oppa put me down.” This time Eunhee said in her normal voice, but its seriousness made Jaejoong to gently put her into her feet. He then watched Eunhee walked towards her brother and console him.

For the last round, two pairs were left—Onew & Ah Yeon and Key & Minho. Hanuel cannot help but smirk with this turn of event. She was indeed satisfied that her plans were going smoothly as she hoped for.

The pairs folded their newspapers again. This time the only way to fit it is if one of them tip-toed one feet while carrying their partner. The pairs danced nervously as they watched the newspaper in the ground as if it will grow bigger.

When the music stopped, Hanuel started counting from 15 to 10. At 10 Minho lifted Key on his back and tried to balance. Key’s eyes never left the other pair. His jaw dropped when Onew startled Ah Yeon by carrying her bridal style effortlessly. He then tried to keep his balance as well. Ah Yeon on the other hand was so surprise with the sudden lift that she ended hugging Onew’s neck tightly, her head resting on the crook of Onew’s neck. Both of them can feel each other’s breath. Onew tried to maintain his posture even though his heart was already going wild. Unknown to him, Ah Yeon was actually feeling the same way. She hid her blushing face on his neck while secretly praying that Onew won’t hear her abnormal heart beat. It has been a while since they got this close to each other again and apparently they were not as comfortable as they were before.

“YAH!” Key unconsciously exclaimed as he cannot stop himself from reacting to the sight he was seeing. Due to this, as soon as Hanuel said “1” Minho dropped Key. Key’s voice startled him and hurt his ear.

“YAH!! What was that all about?!” Minho furiously exclaimed.

“Onew and Ah Yeon are the winners!!” Hanuel proclaimed. Hearing this Ah Yeon jumped off from Onew’s arms and accepted the congratulatory hug that Hanuel was offering.

“You can ask for any concert ticket you want!” Hanuel squealed as she jumped up and down with Ah Yeon.

“Yeay! We’re going to see CNblue!!!” Ah Yeon cheered as she totally got over the feelings she had with Onew just a while ago.

While hugging Ah Yeon, Hanuel’s eyes travelled to Key who just glared at her. Hanuel shook her head and teasingly smiled at him.

‘I hate you’ Key mouthed to Hanuel but the girl was totally unaffected and mouthed back ‘Oh! I hate you too.” She then grinned and winked at him after that.

---

“Gather around everyone~!” Hanuel exclaimed, calling everyone’s attention. She ordered them to sit on the floor and they without a word followed.

“Now! Everyone knows that I’m a cupid by heart. So I we’re gonna play one of my favorite games!” Hanuel said excitedly.

“7 minutes in heaven…” Jaejoong muttered under his breath, he can still clearly remember what happened the last time he played that game—not that he regretted it.

“7 minutes in heaven!!!” Hanuel exclaimed and began clapping her hands.

---

Sorry for cutting it there! I have decided to just cut this chapter into 2! Ahahahaha…
I think, it’s too long already and I still have 2 long parts to do. I have decided to just add more things
to this party and include it on the next chapter! Lots of characters for this chapter and lots of emotions!
Tell me what you think alright? Comment please!!! Oh! Oh!! A special thank you to AiriLaile! She helped
me plot this chapter! XD More interesting part on the next chapter (well I hope it's interesting)! Don’t worry I’m working on it! I
hope I can finish it as soon as possible because my laziness is kicking in yet again! I’m sorry about that! Ahahahaha… 

But I’ll try to update again within this week. Later? Tomorrow? I don't know! XD 

P.s not proofread as always!

Yui dea~!
02-12-14