28 | Choices

Tied by Fate

Chapter 28

Choices

Aware of the warm body next to her, Eunhee gently peeled herself away from his hold and sat up. She blinked a few times, trying to digest everything that happened over the weekend, the romantic dinner date, the intimate after-date, the very sensual morning aftermath and undeniably passionate Sunday. She covered her face as she squealed internally. She can feel heat yet again rise to her cheeks. How could they do it that much in that amount of time? Everything was new for Eunhee but never did she question their intention in doing it. She can still hear the way he said ‘I love you’ each time and yes, her heart would still react the same.

“Omoo… Omoo… Omoo…” She repeated again and again in a whisper as flashes of their activity ran wildly around her head.

He quietly chuckled, watching her from the moment she peeled herself from him up to now-- that she was silently recollecting herself. He has the perfect view of her as she was just clutching the blanket around her chest. With a mischievous smile, Jaejoong traced her back, literally sending chills down her spine, making her freeze. As she stiffened, Jaejoong lifted himself up and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing the back of her head.

“Good morning love” Jaejoong whispered as he nuzzled with her neck. Eunhee got over the shock and took a deep breath.

“Good morning too” She turned her head to face him, smiling.

“What were you thinking?” Jaejoong asked, pecking her lips a few times. Again, she blushed hearing his question. How was she supposed to answer that she was actually replaying their love making in her head?

“Nothing” She mumbled as she turned away, hiding her face in his arms that were resting on her knees.

“Oh, that’s not nothing.” Jaejoong teased as he tickled her sides. Eunhee was able to hold her laughter not until Jaejoong tickled the sensitive spot of her neck. Eunhee let out a squeal and automatically lifted her shoulders in reaction.

“Yah! Yah! Oppa! Stop! Please!” Eunhee pleaded but Jaejoong pulled her closer to him.

“So what were you thinking?” Jaejoong finally stopped.

“Our recent activities…” Eunhee said with a hint of worry in her voice.

“Why? Do you regret it?” Jaejoong said with disappointment and sadness. Eunhee immediately turned to him and shook her head. She lifted Jaejoong’s lowered head with both hands and stared at him with a soft smile.

“Why would I regret something so beautiful? I never felt so loved Jaejoong-oppa.” Eunhee exclaimed with a comforting smile in which made Jaejoong smiled back.

“Then, what’s worrying you?” Jaejoong asked raising his brow on her. Eunhee bit her lower lip in embarrassment, she avoided his gaze for a few moments.

“Well…”

Well?”

“Can you go to the pharmacy with me?” She asked. Jaejoong nodded his head, understanding what she meant. Of course, she would worry about that, she was only 18. How could he be so careless? Though he knew he was more than capable of taking care of her and his future children, he understands that Eunhee was not ready for such responsibility yet and he was sure that Eunhee still has a lot of things she wanted to do other than to take care of their kids.

“Of course, we’ll go there before I’ll send you to school.” Jaejoong replied with a small smile, tucking some loose strands of hair behind her ears. Eunhee released a breath, relieved that Jaejoong understood the meaning behind her words. It would be really difficult to explain to him otherwise.

“Get ready now.” Jaejoong whispered to her, kissing her lips lightly.

“Okay.” Eunhee grinned, grasping on the sheet to cover her ness.

“Aisssh… I’ve seen everything already.” Jaejoong exclaimed, trying to pull the blanket away from her. Eunhee’s eyes widened, making her stand up from the bed right away. She then ran to the bathroom without turning back, leaving Jaejoong laughing his head out.

---

“You look extremely blooming today!” Eunhee heard a feminine voice, saying near her ear. She then felt her arm on her shoulder.

“I guess Jaejoong-sshi’s plan was a success.” Another voice cooed next to her. Of course it would be Ah Yeon and Onew, who else would interrogate her this early in the morning.

“What plan?” Surprisingly another voice popped behind them.

“Oh! Hanuel-ah!” Onew exclaimed, waving at the approaching girl, the two girls responded the same.

“I thought you’re going to stay with Jiyong-oppa?” Eunhee asked, lifting a brow at her.

“Well, yeah but he doesn’t want me to stop studying so I need to fix my papers for my transfer and plus I have other things to settle.” Hanuel replied with a soft smile. Of course she has to settle things with Seungri.

“Anyway enough of me, what plan was that? Why am I not informed?” Hanuel added before any of her friends could even react. Eunhee just looked away while the couple grinned at her.

“Well Jaejoong-sshi made a very romantic dinner date for her last Saturday.” Ah Yeon exclaimed, nudging Eunhee’s side, making the girl more flustered than she already was.

“Oh! Really? How was it?” Hanuel beamed. Yet again, Eunhee blushed some more it was too embarrassing to tell. No, she was determined to keep the private parts just between her and Jaejoong.

“It was great.” Eunhee simply exclaimed, walking a little bit faster so they cannot see the change in her face.

“Oh I bet it was great.” Hanuel teased, poking Eunhee’s side. “Come on, spill the beans. What did you two do?” She exclaimed.

“Yeah, do we at least get some credit for helping out?” Ah Yeon added.

“Okay fine. Thank you for distracting me that day. It was a really romantic dinner and I loved it. We had dinner, he played for me blah blah~!” Eunhee exclaimed, rolling her eyes after her statement. Ah Yeon and Onew were satisfied with her answer but Hanuel on the other hand knew that there was something more about it.

“After the date? Knowing Jaejoong-oppa… and you seemed very happy… hmm…” Hanuel exclaimed with a mischievous look. Eunhee’s eyes widened for a second but Hanuel didn’t miss it. She grinned, knowing that she has unfolded something.

Eunhee felt blood rush to her cheeks and she immediately ran away from her very curious friends. Onew and Ah Yeon looked confusedly at her while Hanuel just shrugged, following where her friend might head.

“What was that?” Ah Yeon asked with a small frown.

“Well apparently, oppa finally succeeded in getting his future wife’s V-card.” Hanuel said casually, turning to the couple who were still digesting her words. Hanuel grinned seeing their face, she then turned fully to them and stared down at the joint hands.

“How about you Ah Yeon, when will be Onew’s lucky day?” Hanuel exclaimed, wiggling her brows at them. The couple’s eyes widened and their jaw dropped upon hearing her question. Hanuel laughed so hard upon seeing it. Contented with what she just did, she skipped away from them, following Eunhee’s track.

The couple then turned to look at each other, immediately they blushed with the thought and looked away. Ah Yeon took a deep breath to calm her heart down while Onew gulped. None of them can utter a word, they just quietly followed their friends.

--

Hanuel was surprised to see Eunhee standing in the middle of the hallway. They were supposed to head to the cafeteria to buy some coffee.

“Hey, what are you…” Hanuel also stopped on her track upon seeing the scene in front of her. Ah Yeon and Onew who were approaching fell quiet as well.

“I said let go of me Taemin. We’re over.” Haerin exclaimed, shaking Taemin’s grip.

“You can’t even say it to my face. Look at me and say it then!” Taemin answered back, cupping Haerin’s face with his hand. It was a good thing that it was still quite early and only a few students can witness what was happening near the cafeteria entrance.

Taemin held her gaze, Haerin can no longer find the strength to answer back. She cannot, she just cannot say it, knowing that it wasn’t what her heart really desires.

“Let go of me.” She exclaimed, this time it sounded more like a plea. Taemin sighed and let go. He suddenly felt conscious, seeing the eyes staring at them.

“We’ll talk later.” Taemin said but Haerin just turned and ran away from him. Taemin can feel his knees weakened. He dropped his shoulder and shamefully faced the other way, where the direction of his building was. He got startled upon seeing his sister and friends as her turned. For a moment he froze and widened his eyes a little. If Eunhee didn’t approach him, he must have stayed like that longer.

“Mind telling me?” Eunhee exclaimed, patting his shoulder with a small smile. Taemin took a deep sigh and nodded his head. Eunhee turned to her friends and asked them to go ahead of her and they simply followed.

Eunhee and Taemin took a seat in one of the most cornered table in the cafeteria. They kept quiet for a short while until Taemin spoke.

“You remember that I cannot contact her when we were in LA?” He began and Eunhee simply nodded, taking his hand and rubbing it in a comforting manner.

“Well apparently, she was still avoiding my calls when I returned. So I headed to her apartment instead.” Taemin continued, he then slowly lowered his head and took yet again another sigh.

“And then she told me that she wanted to break up with me.” Taemin frowned, not accepting her decision at all.

“All of a sudden?” Eunhee confusedly said.

“Yeah, I don’t know. She has been quite worried before I left but I assured her about everything. I knew her insecurities about our relationship but I didn’t understand what made her just give up on me.” Taemin exclaimed and let go of an exasperation sigh.

“You told me that we live in too different world.” He added and looked up to his sister who showed sympathy.

“Help her cross then, meet her half way.” Eunhee said softly and gave him a heart-warming smile. For the first time in days, Taemin was able to find himself smiling. “I’ll try.” And with that and a warm hug, the siblings separated ways and headed to their respective classrooms.

--

Taemin knocked on her door, desperate to find answers for her weird behaviour. Haerin took a deep sighed and put on a strong front in able to face him. She then opened the door and led him in. Before she could even say a word Taemin tackled her with a strong hug.

“I was so worried. What’s wrong? Why aren’t you answering my calls? I tried to look for you in school and in Cassies but I didn’t see you.” Taemin continuously exclaimed, checking her forehead if she somehow catch a cold.

Of course he won’t find her because she was in fact avoiding him.

“Come inside.” Haerin calmly said and pushed Taemin away. Taemin got confused but complied. The two of them seated on the couch quietly, Haerin finally switched off the television and turned to him.

“I think it’s better if we break up.” She said straight away.

“Huh?” Taemin exclaimed. He was dumbfounded, upon hearing her words. He blinked a few times, thinking that his girlfriend was joking.

“I think it’s better if we break up.” Haerin repeated, her eyes staring at her fiddling fingers.

“You’re joking right?” Taemin scoffed, trying to laugh at the situation.

“Why would I joke about breaking up?” Haerin exclaimed, feeling her tears welling up in her eyes.

“Why are you suddenly talking like this? Is it about Naeun? I told you a hundred times that I’m not interested with her.”Taemin said almost desperately, he wanted his girlfriend to take back all her words. Taemin tried to hold her but Haerin immediately stood up from her seat. She looked at Taemin and took a deep sigh.

“We live in too different world. It was stupid to even give this relationship a try. I’m no Cinderella and certainly we’re not in a fairy tale.” Haerin exclaimed in frustration.

Since she watched the news about Taemin’s family’s new hotel, she has been more sensitive and she has paid more attention of her surroundings. One time she even overheard a group of college students talking about her and Taemin while she was waiting for their performance in Cassies. They talked about how Haerin must have been just using Taemin and they were even criticizing her, that she wasn’t even that pretty or special to be noticed by the prince like Taemin.

“Oh come on Haerin, since when does that even matter to you? We love each other and that’s what’s important.” Taemin argued as he too stood up.

“We both know that the world isn’t that nice. Love is not everything. Let’s face it Taemin, we can’t just ignore the world around us. I know you’re having issues with your dad because of me. Let’s just get it over with so we can stop getting more damage. Let’s not cause any problem anymore okay?” Haerin exclaimed, finally facing the devastated Taemin.

Taemin’s chest tightened in her every word. He cannot seem to find any words to answer her. He just stood there, speechless and heart broken. Haerin finally turned, closing her eyes to feel the tears fall.

“Just lock the door when you leave.” She exclaimed, swallowing her sobs. She headed to her room and locked it.

Taemin tried so hard to make her open the door but all his efforts were put into waste as the girl submerged herself in the music playing on her earphones, ignoring his desperate pleas. Taemin headed to his father’s office that day, yet again they argued with so many things, he blamed him for what happened between him and Haerin.

Yet again, Taemin stood in front of her apartment’s door, knocking, hoping for her to open the door. But no one was answering. He tried to call her over and over again through her phone but she has turned it off. But Taemin was determined. He won’t give up that easily.

“She’s not there. She’s living with her aunt because she wanted to avoid you.” It was Chanyeol, her bandmate who apparently lives in the same apartment compound.

“Is that so?” Taemin disappointedly said.

“Just respect her decision.” Chanyeol exclaimed, making Taemin shift his eyes on him.

“Don’t get me wrong, I respect and understand her decision but I cannot just accept it. I won’t give up on us that easily.” Taemin replied, determined. He passed by him and left. Chanyeol looked over the railing, watching his car disappear from his view.

He then turned again to Haerin’s door and knocked.

“Chanyeol here. He left.” He said. Almost immediately the door swung open. He smiled brightly at her. Haerin appreciated his effort but she really can’t make herself smile back. She feel really bad for hurting Taemin.

“I brought you food.” Chanyeol exclaimed and invited himself inside. The two of them headed to the small living room. But before anyone of them open their food, a knock came from the door again. Confused, the two stared at each other.

“Is he back?” Haerin asked but Chanyeol simply shrugged.

“Haerin.” The person called out from the other side of the door. Surprisingly, the owner was a woman.

Haerin confusedly rose from her seat and opened the door. Her eyes widened upon seeing the person in front of her.

“Ms. Lee?”

--

After his busy days, Seungri finally found the time to meet Hanuel. He opened the door of his apartment and welcomed her warmly with a hug. He has missed her a lot.

“How are you?” Seungri asked with a soft smile.

“I’m fine.” Hanuel replied politely, letting go of his hold.

“How is he?” Seungri asked, Hanuel smiled at him softly and told him that Jiyong was stabled. She has called and informed Seungri a day later after she found out the truth about Jiyong’s situation and the guy understood everything.

After the short greeting, the two headed to the dining table where Seungri prepared some dinner. They ate quietly, not knowing how to start the conversation.

“You should not feel bad about me.” Seungri finally managed to say. He just finished his share of food. Hanuel lifted her head up and looked uncertain at him.

“But I do.” She simply said.

“Don’t be, I know he’s more important and he really needs you right now.” Seungri exclaimed, taking her hand with his. Hanuel shifted her eyes to meet his, there was nothing but sincerity in it. How could this man love her this much that he was willing to suffer just for her to be happy?

“Well even if you stay, it won’t change anything. I can’t force you to love me more that you love him.” Seungri stated, directing his attention to his empty glass.

“How can you be this calm about this topic?”  Hanuel asked, almost upset though she cannot understand why she was feeling that way.

“I’m not. Trust me I cried so much after you called me.” Seungri exclaimed as he scoffed at himself.

“He needs you.” He added, looking directly at Hanuel. Hanuel clenched her fists in frustration. She hated herself for making Seungri go through all of this. She hated herself for giving hope. But she was honestly sincere when she gave him that hope because she honestly thought that their relationship will last. She came to love him but maybe he was right, not as much as she loves Jiyong.

“I’m sorry.” She exclaimed, her eyes began to water. She felt so bad. Seungri doesn’t deserve any of this at all. Seungri let a small smile slip. He then knelt in front of her and took a hold of her hands.

“I’m happy.” He exclaimed. Hanuel confusedly looked up to him.

“I’m happy because you’re crying for me.” He added, confusing Hanuel some more.

“I guess I really matter to you for you to cry for me like that.” He chuckled, tucking some of her hair behind her ear.

“Of course you matter.” Hanuel exclaimed, slapping his arm. He winced with the pain but smiled at her.

“It’s alright Hannie. You won’t lose me. I’ll always be here for you.” Seungri said, cupping her cheeks.

“How could you be so selfless?” Hanuel asked, but Seungri shook his head in disagreement.

“I’m not selfless. I just love you. I have been selfish enough for taking advantage of you when you were feeling so heartbroken. I took that chance of vulnerability to make you fall for me.” Seungri exclaimed and chuckled bitterly.

“I almost forced you to fall in love with me.” Seungr added with a weak smile. Hanuel just stared at him. She didn’t know how to react.

“It’s going to be alright Hanuel. I’ll be alright.” Seungri assured her and pulled her into a comforting hug. Hanuel cannot do anything but hug back and comfort him as well.

--

Eunhee came home surprised to hear some music coming from upstairs. She gently opened the door of the music room and was quite surprised to see Jaejoong with his four best friends.

“No! Don’t you think it will be better if it sounded like this?” Yoochun exclaimed as he pushed Jaejoong a little so he can reach the keys of the piano.

“Hmmm… The lyrics won’t be as forced.” Yunho exclaimed in agreement. Jaejoong sighed and finally agreed with them.

Eunhee smiled upon seeing them interact, it has been a while since she saw the four of them gathered up like this. She finally opened the door and the five turned to her in surprised.

“Hi!” Eunhee enthusiastically exclaimed. The five panicked upon seeing her figure. All of them immediately grabbed the music sheets and pretended that it was nothing special.

“Hi Eunhee-ah!” The four exclaimed with an innocent grin, too innocent that it looked really suspicious.

Jaejoong nervously approached her, wrapping his arms around her.

“Hi baby, how long have you been here?” Jaejoong asked, wetting his lips.

“Just now, you’re composing oppa? Can I help?” Eunhee exclaimed with an excited grin. The five immediately shook their heads and Eunhee can only frown in disappointment.

“Wae?” She asked with a pout.

“Well, it’s something the five of us share and plus don’t you think you still have some studying to do?” Jaejoong exclaimed, trying his best not to sound too hurtful.

“But I could help too. Whose song it’s gonna be?” Eunhee exclaimed as she pushed Jaejoong slightly and fully entered the room. She walked towards Changmin but the latter just stepped back, lifting the music sheets out of her reach. Eunhee pouted then decided to approach Junsu instead but then the guy did the same.

This time she tried it with Jaejoong but Jaejoong did the same thing. She didn’t pout, she frowned instead.

“Look Eunhee, though you can read notes and play instruments it doesn’t necessarily mean you have what it takes to compose a song. Just leave this to us.” Jaejoong said as he put the sheets higher out of her reach. Eunhee dropped her arms and looked dully at him.

“Arasso.” She said as she turned and walked away. She was hurt.

“Sorry for not being talented enough.” She exclaimed before she shut the door loudly.

The five exchanged looks and they felt guilt creeping up their stomach. “We made her upset.” Yoochun exclaimed.

“Not really, it’s Jaejoong hyung’s hurtful words.” Changmin exclaimed, making Jaejoong glare at him.

“Aiisssh…” Jaejoong sighed and exited the music room. Before he can even reach their bedroom where Eunhee should be, she exited the room and passed through him as if she saw nothing.

“Hey…” Jaejoong called out, eyeing on her from head to toe. She changed clothes, she was going out.

“I’ll go out. I might disturb you.” Eunhee simply said and headed downstairs, Jaejoong followed her track while the four nervously peek from the music room door.

“You can’t go out, we’ll have dinner with the guys. I’ll cook.” Jaejoong exclaimed but Eunhee was still heading for the door.

“Oh come on! You can’t possibly be upset with that!” Jaejoong cried out, watching Eunhee in terror as she reached for the door knob.

“I am upset about that. But it’s not the reason I’m going out. I’m not that childish.” Eunhee retorted and rolled her eyes. Jaejoong sighed seeing how upset she actually was. Jaejoong peeled her hand away from the knob and pulled her close.

“Where are you going then?” Jaejoong exclaimed, hugged her by the waist. Eunhee let go of a soft relaxed sigh.

“I’m meeting my brother. He was depressed.” Eunhee answered.

“Okay, but I’m not letting you go unless we’re okay.” Jaejoong exclaimed with a hopeful smile, his grip tightening around her waist.

“Fine fine, we’re okay. But I wanna hear when you’re done with what you’re making.” Eunhee exclaimed, leaning back to see his face. Jaejoong grinned at him and nodded.

“Of course, you’ll be the first one to listen to it when we’re done.” He exclaimed, kissing her forehead.

“Okay, then. Teach me how to compose a song so we can make something together in the future.” Eunhee shyly added, looking away. Jaejoong’s grin grew wider upon hearing her request.

“Sure baby. Now be careful on the road. We’ll wait for you okay?” Jaejoong sweetly cooed, kissing her temples lovingly. Eunhee nodded her head and finally exited the house.

Jaejoong followed her, waving as she drove away.

“Oh man, I think I just got bitten by ants.” Changmin exclaimed, jokingly scratching himself. Jaejoong lifted his head proudly at his friends. The four cannot help but just laugh at him.

“But man, we almost got caught there.” Yoochun said as he held onto his chest.

“Yeah, I guess we should work in your agency instead.” Yunho suggested in which everyone nodded to.

“Just be careful to hide these sheets or else your plan will flunk.” Junsu added, waving the sheets he was holding.

“Yeah I will. Eunhee’s not really the snooping kind of girl. She just got excited a while ago.” Jaejoong exclaimed, passing through them.

“Okay then if you say so.” Junsu replied.

“I just hope she’ll love it.” Jaejoong exclaimed worriedly. The four looked at him in an are-you-serious look.

“She’ll love it. Have trust on yourself, you’ve put so much effort in these.” Yunho exclaimed as he patted his shoulder.

Jaejoong looked at his friends in gratitude and continued their work in the music room.

--

If you’re confused, the italic part was a flashback. xD
So apparently Jaejoong’s writing/ composing a song… but for what? XDD hihihi…

Let me hear your thoughts me loves~! XD
COMMENT.SUBSCRIBE.UPVOTE? *grins*

Anyway, remember the new Jaejoong fic I mentioned before, well I posted the first chapter last Monday, do check it out. *wink*

|TAINTED|

Bye bye~!

Ps. Not proofread as usual.

06-26-14