20 | Lee Eunhee

Tied by Fate

Chapter 20

Lee Eunhee

He has been awake for a while now, spending time to just stare at her back figure, utterly confused and concerned. He sighed as he desolately look at her, she has been acting so distant since yesterday. He was in dismay when he woke up for he has gotten used to seeing Eunhee’s face the very first moment he opens his eyes. Because usually her head will be resting on his arm or chest, snuggling up to him. But today, when he woke up, she has her back on him, a little space was between the two of them and instead of him she was hugging a pillow.

“What’s wrong?” He mumbled again as his left arm reached for her waist. She stirred on her sleep, groaning. He chuckled as he remembered how much of a sloth she is. She loves to sleep a lot and she hates waking up in the morning. Over the past days that they have been sharing the same room and same bed he has learned these simple facts about her. He has learned how to give her some time in the morning and gently wake her up if she tends to ignore her alarm clock. He doesn’t really enjoy the grumpy Eunhee and so he avoids it as much as possible.

Not being able to resist, Jaejoong finally closed the distance between them. His left arm wrapped securely around her waist, he buried his face on her hair, enjoying her strawberry scent.

“Did I do something wrong?” He whispered, asking himself and her sleeping figure. He kissed the back of her head, tightening his hold onto her body.

“Mhmm… oppa.” He heard her mumbled. Jaejoong pushed himself up and checked if she has woken up.

“Good.” He smiled, seeing that she was still sleeping. She still has an hour so it was all good. Jaejoong gently tried to turn her so she will be facing him. Eunhee’s brows twitched, scaring Jaejoong a bit. When he successfully turned her, he placed her head on his arm and put another arm around her waist, hugging her possessively. Eunhee groaned yet again, snuggling up to him making him smile.

“Oppa…” Eunhee mumbled again, Jaejoong checked her face again, letting a chuckle slipped as she started to talk in her sleep.

“Yes, baby what’s wrong?” Jaejoong playfully replied, gently tracing her facial features with his forefinger.

“Oppa… don’t… leave… me.” Eunhee said, surprising Jaejoong as she began to weep on her sleep. Doesn’t know what to do, Jaejoong just hugged her tightly, burying her face on his chest.

“What are you dreaming about? Of course I won’t leave you.” Jaejoong said to her sleeping figure. He rubbed her back as he continued to comfort her, eventually she stopped crying. Jaejoong leaned back and was relieved when he saw her peaceful sleeping face again. He glanced at their wall clock—6:00, almost time to wake her up. Jaejoong gave her a few more minutes and finally wake her up.

“Eunhee, wake up babe. Wake up dear.” Jaejoong sweetly said, his hand softly caressing and patting her face.

“Mhmm..” Eunhee said as she slowly opened her heavy eyes. Jaejoong smiled genuinely at her, making the girl smile as well.

“Good morning Eunnie-ah.” Jaejoong whispered, kissing the top of her head.

“Mhmm. Good morning too oppa.” Eunhee said with a small smile. After he kissed her forehead, Eunhee batted her eyes and immediately pulled away, standing up from the bed. She hurriedly went to the closet, prepared her clothes and proceed to the bathroom.

Without her knowing though, all her movements was being watched. Jaejoong gained a small frown on his face, wondering.

‘When did she start to act like this?’ He thought.

‘Lunch, she was supposed to eat with me but she left without greeting me… I tried to reach her after that but she never answered my call. I sent her a message then she replied plainly. What happened around lunch time…” Jaejoong thought further and then a thought came, his face lit up like a light bulb.

“BoA came to visit me. Did she see it by any chance? And now she’s jumping into conclusions?” Jaejoong said in a low voice. Probably he was right (he was actually right) but he wasn’t sure how to confirm and how will he ask it?

 “Oppa, I’ll go make breakfast. I’ve prepared your clothes already, go on and take a bath.” Jaejoong’s train of thoughts was then disturbed by Eunhee who was now combing and drying her hair. Jaejoong didn’t even notice that he has been just sitting and thinking on the same spot for 30 minutes.

“Ah yeah.” Jaejoong answered back, looking back at Eunhee who was watching him from the reflection of the mirror.

Jaejoong was right on time, when he came downstairs Eunhee has just finished cooking. He immediately helped her lay the food on the table. They both seated quietly and began to eat.

“Aren’t you too quiet today?” Jaejoong casually said, feeding himself a piece of bread.

“Hmm… Sorry, can’t think of anything at the moment.” Eunhee replied, looking at her plate.

“Ahmm… Eunnie.”

“Yeah?”

Jaejoong sighed as he cannot formulate the right question in his mind.

“Nothing… What errand did you go for yesterday?” Jaejoong said, watching her facial expression. He noticed that she was quite surprised with his question.

“Ahmm… I have to go around town to find some plates for our presentation.” Eunhee exclaimed, well she was not really lying. After she came from the café, she flagged a taxi and went around town to search. She was planning to do it over the weekends but as she turned out to be free yesterday, she just decided to use her free time.

“I see.” Jaejoong said.

“By the way, let me send you to school alright?” Jaejoong said, but Eunhee shook her head.

“Ahmm… No need oppa because I have to go somewhere after class.” She exclaimed as she began to play with her food.

“Then I’ll go with you. I’m not really busy today.” Jaejoong replied.

“Bu—“

“No buts!” Jaejoong exclaimed, making Eunhee sighed in defeat.

“But…” She tried again.

“I said no buts. Tell me are you avoiding me?” Jaejoong exclaimed sternly, as he began to feel frustrated towards her. Eunhee’s eyes circled, she stared at him in shock. How could he notice it so quickly?

“A… Ahm… I’m no—“ She tried to say.

“You’re not? Good then. You can’t argue with me. I’m your boyfriend and fiancé, as much as I can I’ll spend time with you.” Jaejoong smiled as he tried to assure her. Eunhee simply smiled and nodded, trying to stop the emerging feelings of pain.

‘What about BoA? I don’t want to be the reason for you to stop loving her, when she’s the one who truly makes you happy.’ Eunhee thought as she stood up from her seat and headed to the kitchen to wash her plate.

“Hey, I’ll do that. Fix your things upstairs and we’ll be get going alright?” Jaejoong said, grabbing the plate from Eunhee. Eunhee simply nodded not bothering to even give him a look.

“Aish… What’s wrong with this girl?” Jaejoong sighed as he watched her retreating figure.

--

“Take care alright? I’ll pick you up later, 4pm?” Jaejoong said as he lean in to unbuckle Eunhee’s seatbelt. Hearing no reply from her, he stopped what he was doing and looked at her. Their faces are now only an inch apart. Eunhee’s eyes immediately widened, she tried to get away from the close distance between them but Jaejoong put one hand on the side of her head and leaned in closer. Eunhee then felt his lips in hers, kissing her gently and softly. She closed her eyes as she decided to cherish the moment.

“You’re overthinking things. Being too worried is bad you know?” Jaejoong pecked her lips again and gave her an encouraging smile. Eunhee finally smiled for real, somehow his words comforted her as if he already knew what she was really feeling.

“Okay, thank you oppa. I’ll see you later, drive safely alright?” Eunhee said, looking at his bright face.

Eunhee stepped out of the car, feeling a bit lighter but of course she was still quite worried. She was now on her way to her building when she felt both Hanuel and Taemin’s arms around her.

“Good morning!” They both exclaimed with a grin.

“Well, you two are quite happy today? So what’s the deal?” Eunhee said suspiciously at the two, while raising a brow.

“Nothing much.” Taemin shrugged and looked behind him where Haerin was, he smiled at her and asked her to come over. When Haerin was already beside him, he laced his hand with hers which of course made the girl smile.

“Awww… So sweet now I miss Riri.” Hanuel said as she pouted.

“Where is he by the way?” Eunhee asked, looking at the sulky Hanuel who was now sending Seungri a message.

“He’s still in Japan. He’s going to spend another week there. He’ll come back on Saturday.” Hanuel said as she sighed.

“Don’t worry I know he missed you too and can’t wait to spend time with you.” Eunhee replied with a soft smile.

“Yeah! He’s actually going to have two weeks break once he returns! I’m so excited!” Hanuel happily exclaimed, almost squealing with the thought. Eunhee cannot help but smile, she was so thankful that Seungri came along just when Hanuel need it the most. Eunhee honestly don’t know what to do if he didn’t come.

“I’ll just bring Haerin to her building. I’ll meet you later at lunch?” Taemin exclaimed as he turned to his twin sister again. Eunhee nodded and pecked his cheek which made him smile.

“Bye!” The two girls exclaimed as they waved.

“We still have time before class, let’s pass by the cafeteria. I want a drink.” Hanue suggested and so the two of them headed to the cafeteria where they met the Onew and Ah Yeon. After buying Hanuel’s drink, the two girls proceed to the couple.

“Fried chicken for breakfast, seriously?” Hanuel said, raising a brow as he watched Onew happily devouring his chicken.

“Well just get used to it Hanuel. I’ve known him for 15 years and he was like that ever since. Old habits are hard to break. He can eat that every meal, every day.” Ah Yeon exclaimed as she shook her head though her eyes showed affection and amusement while watching Onew eat.

“When did you two get together again?” Hanuel asked, making Onew choked a little.

“Last Saturday.” They both shyly said.

“Well finally, you realized it! You’ve been together for 15 years.” Hanuel rolled her eyes and sighed.

“So have you two dated already? First kiss?” Hanuel teasingly interrogated as she leaned closer the two who were now blushing madly.

“Come on, spill it! We’re all friends here. Right Eunhee?” Hanuel said, glancing at the nodding Eunhee.

“We.. We…” Ah Yeon stuttered as she looked away.

“We haven’t done it yet.” Onew said, his eyes going back to the chicken.

“Ah wae?! Why are you so slow?!” Hanuel exclaimed as she whacked Onew’s back, making the guy cough.

“Aish! Hanuel!” Onew glared and hissed at her. Hanuel immediately backed away and surrendered.

“Look, don’t rush us okay? It’s difficult to change our relationship that fast. We’ve been best friends for years, it’s hard to change that.” Onew said as he sighed. “We’re taking one step at a time. Right?” Onew exclaimed, looking at Ah Yeon with a soft smile. Ah Yeon smiled back and nodded.

“Yeah, so stop playing cupids!” Ah Yeon said. “We’re happy of what we have now.” She added.

“Fine fine~! I’m sorry!” Hanuel said as she backed away. “I’ll go to my building now alright? Sorry for poking into your business!”

--

Key has been quite busy the past few days, he was preparing to audition in one of the university’s play. Since he really wanted that part, he practiced everyday in every chance he gets—during breaks and after class as a result he hasn’t been hanging out with his friends lately and hasn’t really spent time with Ah Yeon.

That morning Key was on the way to the Hospitality Management building, he was already near the cafeteria when he bumped into Hanuel.

“Yo! Hanuel!” He called out, making the girl look up from her phone.

“Oh hi! Where are you going? Our building is that way?” Hanuel exclaimed as she pointed the other direction.

“Well I’m planning to see a friend. There’s still time before class starts.” Key said with a smile. Hanuel eyed at him suspiciously and then grinned.

“Is that friend named Jung Ah Yeon?” Hanuel exclaimed, leaning towards him. Key escaped her gaze and walked passed through her.

“Just a warning, our planned worked. After so many set ups~!” Hanuel playfully exclaimed as she began to walk again. Hearing this, Key stopped on his track. He was trying to figure out what she meant or denying what she meant.

“Key!” Hanuel called out again. Key slowly turned to look at her. She was now seriously looking at him. “I’m sorry.” She said with an apologetic smile. Key closed his eyes, trying to supress the growing pain in his chest. He chuckled and shook his head.

“I’m okay, you don’t have to worry about me.” He said. Hanuel smile a little and nodded.

Just when Key turned to where he was headed again, he saw Ah Yeon and Onew exiting the cafeteria with their hands laced together. Again he felt a sudden pain in his chest, he clenched his fist and took a deep breath. He was just about to retreat when Eunhee took notice of him.

“Key-ah.” She called out, making the couple and Key to look at her. Key turned back with a fake expression but his eyes only travelled back at the couple’s laced hand.

Seeing Key standing there, Ah Yeon immediately pulled her hand away from Onew which made the latter guy frowned a little. Onew wondered why she has to do that.

“Oh hi!” Key happily smiled at them and waved. He bravely walked towards them and stopped a few steps away from the couple.

“How are you?” Eunhee asked politely.

“I’m okay. Remember the play I was trying out for? I think I’ll be able to get that part. Come and watch if ever I get it alright?” Key exclaimed with a grin.

“Of course! We will support you.” Eunhee said, giving him a ‘hwaiting sign’.

“You too.” Key said as he looked at the couple. As soon as he was done with that, Key turned his back and returned to their building.

“Oh Key, you’re such a good match maker.” He said to himself as he smiled bitterly. Ah Yeon was speechless. She knew within his eyes that he was in pain. She knew he has feelings for him, her two friends never fail to remind her that. Her train of thoughts was then disturbed when she heard Onew speak.

“Let’s go?” Onew said. He walked off, not even waiting for the girls’ reply.

The two girls then followed. Ah Yeon knew that Onew was upset, she didn’t mean to let go of his hand a while ago but she can’t help it, seeing Key’s face like that hurts her too.  

“Onew!” Ah Yeon finally grabbed his hand before he can enter their classroom. She told Eunhee to go inside and so she complied.

“Hey! What’s wrong?” Ah Yeon gently said as pulling him away from the door.

“Should I be the one asking you that?” Onew scoffed as he rolled his eyes.

“Hey! Don’t act like that!” Ah Yeon exclaimed, tugging his hand. She wanted him to look at her.

“Why did you let go a while ago. He will find out sooner or later?” Onew said with a sigh. He shook Ah Yeon’s grin on him.

“I didn’t mean to. But have you seen the look on his face?” Ah Yeon replied, biting her lower lip in guilt.

“So you chose to hurt me, is that it?” Onew exclaimed, disappointedly. He looked away from her as he knew he cannot stay mad looking at her face.

“No, but…”

“I’ve always been here for you. I know how to understand you. But you have to understand that I have feelings too Ah Yeon. I’ll give you more time, think about what you feel for him and what you really feel for me then choose.” Onew replied as he finally walked back to their classroom, leaving Ah Yeon confused for a second.

“I choose you. But…” She muttered to herself.

“But I have to talk to Key first…”And then the bell rang.

--

“Min-ah.” Haerin exclaimed as she tugged her boyfriend’s hand. Taemin looked down at her with a soft smile.

“Yea?”

“Ahmm… About your lunch with your family…” Haerin trailed off, concern was written all over her face.

“I told you for a hundred time that you don’t have to worry about it alright?” Taemin said as he left go of her hand and moved it around her waist while he kissed her cheek.

“But oppa…”

“And yes I promise to tell you everything that will happen.” Taemin exclaimed as he smiled and pecked her cheeks again, making her blush madly.

“Alright here’s your building. See you after class alright?” Taemin said, patting her head with a grin.

“Okay.” Haerin sighed, looking at Taemin with a pout.

“I promise!” Taemin said once again, raising his right hand.

“Good.” Haerin walked towards him and hugged him tightly. Taemin was taken aback but almost immediately it faded. His face brightened up. Without letting go, Haerin raised her head to face him.

“I love you sooooo much!” Haerin said as she pecked his lips, making Taemin to smile more.

“I love you sooooo much too baby. Don’t worry too much alright? Be sure to eat lunch.” Taemin said as he nuzzled her nose. Haerin giggled with the action and hugged him again.

“See you later.” Finally Haerin let go and ran towards her first class. Taemin watched her until her figure disappear.

“I promise, I’ll never let go of you.” Taemin said to himself as he too walked to his classroom.

---

From: My Haerin ^_^

Good luck with lunch, avoid staring too much at the Sons sisters alright? I know they might be a lot prettier. =.=

Taemin cannot help but chuckle at her text message. He was currently on his way to fetch Eunhee when he received the message. He stopped on his track and took time to reply to her.

To: My Haerin ^_^

We both know that I won’t look at any other girls even how much pretty they might be, because to me you’re always the prettiest. <3

Taemin chuckled with his own cheesiness and proceed to Eunhee’s classroom. Taemin waited outside as the professor was still giving the class some last minute reminders. Just then, Taemin felt his phone vibrating again.

From: My Haerin ^_^

              Yeah right~! *rolls eyes* Just message me when you’re done. XP

Taemin was just about to reply when he felt Eunhee’s head on his shoulder, peeping at his phone.

“Yah! Do you know it’s rude to read other people’s messages?” Taemin exclaimed as he put his phone out of Eunhee’s reach. Eunhee rolled her eyes and pouted.

“Yeah right whatever… We used to share everything!” Eunhee said as she faked her sobs.

“Well, will you let me read Jaejoong’s messages? Hmm??” Taemin replied, putting an arm around her as they walked out of the building. Eunhee furrowed her brows and shook her head repeatedly.

“See?” Taemin chuckled as he ruffled her hair.

“I bet he’s soooo cheesy.” Taemin exclaimed as he laughed louder. Eunhee pushed him playfully and hit his arm.

“I bet you’re cheesier!” Eunhee sticking her tongue out.

The two continued to tease each other until they reached the restaurant where they were going to meet their parents and the Sons. As soon as they stepped inside the classy restaurant they shut up and fixed themselves. Before they entered the private room, they both smiled encouragingly at each other and mouthed ‘Hwaiting’. With soft smiles on their faces, they stepped inside. Their parents were already there along with Mr. and Mrs. Son.

“Good noon, we’re Lee Taemin and Lee Eunhee.” Taemin politely introduced themselves as they bowed 90 degrees.

“It’s nice to meet you.” Eunhee said. Mr. and Mrs. Son stood from their seats and offered their hands which the twins immediately took and shook.

“You have a pair of lovely twins.” Mrs. Son commented.

“Oh! Thank you. I can’t wait to meet your daughters.” Lee Eunji commented back. She then gestured her twins to sit on the chairs beside her.

After a few minutes, the Sons’ daughters finally came.

“Good noon everyone. I’m so sorry if we took a while.” The taller girl exclaimed as she bowed her head along with her sister.

“Oh! Great, my daughters are here.” Mr. Son said as he stood up and guided his daughters to their seats which was across the twins.

“Introduce yourselves.” Mrs. Son said to her daughters.

“Good day again, I’m Son Nana, the eldest child of the Sons. Nice to meet you.” Nana politely exclaimed. Nana was the taller one and obviously the older one. Her face was a bit more matured than the other girl. Her hair was cut short into a bob and her face was fully colored with make-up. Her clothes looked as if she just came from an office, she was wearing a white blouse under her white short sleeved blazer, a pink elegantly cut pencil skirt and a pair of high heels.  She displayed a small smile which almost looked rehearsed.

“And I’m Son Naeun.” The younger one said in a more shyly manner. Obviously she was not accustomed to such set ups yet, maybe because of her age? Or maybe she was just that meek. Naeun was nothing like her sister despite the similarity of their features. The way she carried herself was a lot different. Her long black hair was lazily hanging til her mid back, she wore almost no make-up at all and she just plainly wore her school uniform—no accessories, nothing at all.

After the sisters introduction the twins introduced themselves again. Eunhee was the first one followed by Taemin. Taemin took Naeun’s hand and shook it gently. He politely smiled at the girl which made her look at the floor to avoid exposing her blushing face.

Naeun has to admit, he was very attractive. He has a very charming smile that can never be ignored. His facial features were soft that one can spend the whole minute just staring at it and that was what Naeun was doing. She was just staring at him. Eventually Taemin noticed it and turned to him. Naeun gasped a little, her eyes widened for a moment she was so embarrassed but Taemin simply smiled at her and turned his attention back to his father who was currently talking. Naeun let a small smile slipped and tried to focus to the current speaker as well.

Lunch started as their parents talked about their business mainly about the Lees and the Kims new project in Jeju islands. Lee Jung Ho was actually doing this to capture Mr. Son’s interest because he was planning to offer the project to them. Mr. Lee was impressed with the architectural design that Mr. Son’s company came up for his soon to open hotel in LA which was the Serendipity LA. He was hoping for them to come up with another one for his joint venture with the Kims.

The twins were also engaging in a conversation with the Son sisters. Nana was mainly the one leading the conversation. She asked different questions to the twins such as their interest and studies in exchange the sisters shared theirs as well. Apparently, Nana was already working with her parents she was one of the project leaders in the company. She has a degree in architecture and was currently taking her master’s degree in business operation. Naeun on the other hand was a senior in high school who was planning to take the same path as her sister. From the looks of it, she was forced to make such decision. The twins kind of felt relief that their parents let them take whatever course they wanted but that doesn’t necessarily means that they were off the hook for taking over their family’s company. In fact after Taemin finish his current course, his parents was planning to take him back to the US and enrol him for a business degree—he knew about it by the way. Eunhee on the other hand was planned to take a master degree after finishing her bachelor’s degree.

“So I will be expecting your presence next month in LA?” Mr. Lee Jung Ho exclaimed.

“Of course. I can’t wait for it actually. I must thank you for giving us this big project of yours. I cannot wait to hear more about your future projects.” Mr. Son replied back. Eunji then passed the invitation to the Sons.

The lunch ended normally, nothing special really happened. It was a normal lunch meeting between two business partners.  

As soon as the Sons left, Jung Ho ordered his twins to sit back to their seats again. They then ordered some coffee and tea. Jung Ho took this opportunity to talk to his children since it has been a while since they really talked.

“So what do you think of their daughters?” Jung Ho said obviously pertaining to Taemin. Taemin took a soft sighed and forced a smile.

“They’re quite pretty.” Taemin said as he looked away.

“They’re very lovely aren’t they?” Eunji exclaimed as she blew on her tea. The twins sighed as they already know where this conversation will be heading.

“Just go to the point, the younger one? I assume we’re about the same age.” Taemin said as he lifted his brow at his father. Jung Ho cannot help but sigh. Of course his son already know his intention. But before he can even utter a word, Taemin spoke again.

“For the nth time, I refused to be arranged to anyone.” He said with determination that made his parents to stare at him in shock.

“I won’t let you do that to him as well.” Eunhee added as she held Taemin’s hand.

“That’s not for you to decide. I am your father!” Jung Ho shouted as anger rose from within him. He cannot believe that his authority was being disregarded by his own children.

“I won’t. I said I won’t.” Taemin hissed as he stared intently at his father. He cannot take it any longer, Jung Ho grabbed Taemin’s collar and said.

“And I said I am your father and you will follow what I have planned for you!” He then threw Taemin off, making the guy fall on the floor.

“Stop it!” Eunhee exclaimed as she shielded Taemin when Jung Ho was just about to kick him.

“He’s your son! Not just your pawn that you can use with your business!” Eunhee said as she snapped as well.

“Stay away from this Eunhee! Your brother has been taking me so lightly just because I have been quite lenient with the two of you. Do you think I can just let you say whatever you want? My patience is running out. You have been so stubborn and disrespectful.” Jung Ho shouted as he glared at his son. He has been bringing Taemin along with him during some of the business meeting he has gone to. Taemin was quite behave but there were quite a number of times when he has made some unnecessary comments that have upset some. Jung Ho cannot forget the way Taemin has acted around the Kims as well (they biggest partner). His outbursts were really ticking his father off and today was the day he got so fed up.

“Wasn’t I enough? You had the Kims already! Aren’t you contented with them?!” Eunhee exclaimed as she helped Taemin up. Hearing this from his daughter, Jung Ho was taken aback but he was so angry at the moment that he cannot think straight.

“You stay away from this Eunhee! This is none of your concern?!” Jung Ho hissed at Eunhee and pushed her aside.

Being thrown away and being disregarded, Eunhee felt hurt, really hurt. It was the worst kind of pain. All her life she tried to please them and let them do whatever they want (even how hard it may be, even though she will be unhappy in the end). She grew up offering her life to them, she let them do whatever they want with it. She allowed them to write her fate as if they were God. She never complained, she took everything in. But even how grateful she was to theme she also has feelings and her patience can actually ran out by right around… now. She suddenly felt the courage to let her mind speak for the first time. She took a deep sigh as she decided that this was the perfect time to let them know. She knew of she let this moment pass, it may take a while before she can gain the courage to speak again.

“Dear stop it. Please…” Eunji tried to calm her husband down. But she was ignored as well. Jung Ho grabbed Taemin’s collar again and intently looked at him, the latter didn’t budge even a bit. He was determined. Jung Ho was just about to say something when Eunhee’s next words cut him.

“None of my concern? Why? Because I’m not really a part of this family?” Eunhee scoffed in a low voice but was clear enough for everyone in the quiet intense room to hear.

Jung Ho loosened up his hold onto Taemin’s collar. All three of them looked at her in shock. Did she just scoff at her own father?

“What are you talking about?” Taemin said, utterly clueless.

“I don’t belong here right? I’m an outsider in this family right? So I really don’t have any right to get involve, is that it? But I did everything you asked me to do, isn’t that enough for me to at least have a say in your family matters?” Eunhee exclaimed. Somehow letting this out made her feel a little bit lighter. The room was filled with silence. Taemin stared at his “twin” sister in confusion while his parents exchanged looks as they gulped.

“Again am I not enough? I accepted the arrangement you made with the Kims. I agreed to everything you want me to do. I never complained. Isn’t that enough?” Eunhee said as she looked directly at her so called father. Jung Ho was speechless. He wouldn’t deny it, he has used Eunhee for the benefit of his business but he has treated her like his own daughter as well. She was still family, she was a very lovely daughter, a daughter that any parents would be happy to have.

“What are you talking about, you’re our daughter dear…” Eunji exclaimed as she tried to convince Eunhee, she approached her and put a hand on her shoulder but Eunhee shove it off.

“Yeah when you signed my adoption papers.” Eunhee retorted as she smiled bitterly.

 “Sometimes I wonder, if my parents didn’t die, will I be living like this as well? Being arranged to a guy 8 years older than me to make it worse you told me when I was 10. Will a 10 year old understand?  But I did, I tried my very best to understand.” Eunhee said softly.

“Being enrolled to classes that doesn’t interest me or I don’t even have any talent for and just miserably fail because I wasn’t cut for it. Well you said I can do it so I actually believed it… but then I failed. I cannot dance like he can.” Eunhee added as she chuckled bitterly.

“Will Aunt Eunmi and Uncle Young So be willing to listen to what I have to say?” She added before her tears began to stream endlessly down her face.

“or should I say, my mom and dad?” She cried and cried and cried.

“Eunhee…” Jung Ho finally calmed down. His concern with Taemin was put aside. Eunji hurriedly approached Eunhee and pulled her into a tight hug.

“Eunhee… Calm down. Please calm down.” Eunji rubbed her back as she knew that Eunhee was starting to hyperventilate.

“Since… when?” Jung Ho muttered under his breath. Taemin threw him a sharp glare.

“What the hell is going on?!!” Taemin raised his voice at the older man.

“Eunhee calm down, dear. Let’s go out for air shall we?” Eunji exclaimed and brought her daughter outside. Eunhee simply nodded and followed.

“We’ll talk when we get home. Calm your wits.” Jung Ho said, he then went to one of the waitress outside the room and paid. Taemin was left alone in the room, totally confused.

“What does she mean? She’s not my sister?” Taemin whispered to himself as he clenched his fist.

---

Eunhee finally calmed down and the whole family was currently at their home. The four of them were seated on the living room at the second floor of the mansion.

“When did you find out?” Jung Ho immediately asked.

“During my real birthdate, I was 7.” Eunhee said in a small voice. She finally came back to her normal self. She suddenly felt nervous and scared. What if they throw her away?

“You knew ever since?! How?” Eunji desperately exclaimed. She cannot believe that Eunhee has knew since then. Oh how much pain she must have felt at such a young age.

“I was supposed to greet you because you just came back from Korea. I was planning to surprise you so I was actually hiding at the small room connected to your office father.” Eunhee started. She was looking at her hands that were rested on her lap.

“And then I heard you two talking. Since my real birthday was actually the same day my parents died.” Eunhee then felt tears welling up. She sighed, she has been crying a lot for the past 2 days.

“You were planning to visit my parents’ grave. Then I heard you talking back to what happened but it wasn’t really clear.” Eunhee said as she clasped . She can only imagine.

“What happened?” Taemin muttered out of the blue.

“Avior was started by Young So’s family. We knew each other since we were young, he was my best friend. My family was their family’s right hand. We’ve worked for them for a very long time.” Jung Ho explained, knowing that it was the right time for Eunhee to find out.

“Your mother and I were twins. Your mother was arranged to your father and on the process I met Jung Ho.” Eunji added with a small smile.

“Both our relationship blossomed with them.” Eunji added, holding Eunhee’s hand.

“What exactly happened to them?” Eunhee said, bracing herself to what may follow.

“The day you were born. Your mother asked to be discharged because she hated hospitals. You had a complication back then so you have to stay. On their way back to your house they met an accident and died. Somehow, you getting sick was a blessing in disguise.” Eunji muttered.

“Since we’re your only relative. We decided to take you in and register you as my daughter, as Taemin’s twin.” Jung Ho exclaimed. “Since Avior was a new company, no one really paid attention to their death and to what happened to you. To protect you, we decided to move everything in Los Angeles.” He explained further, receiving a nod from Eunhee.

“I’m sorry for how I reacted a while ago. But we’re treating you as our own.” Jung Ho exclaimed.

“I understand, that was why I tried my best to be the daughter you want me to be. Sorry for bursting out a while ago. I was pushed by my feelings. I’m sorry if I might have appeared disrespectful.” Eunhee exclaimed, she stood up from her seat and bowed.

“No need to feel that way. You did nothing wrong.” Taemin said as he pulled Eunhee up.

“I wish your parents didn’t die, I know you suffered in having and growing up with mine.” Taemin continued as he glanced at his parents. He then pulled her out of the house. Their parents were utterly shocked with what he said. For a second the couple thought of what they have been doing. Are they really using their children for gain?

As soon as Taemin and Eunhee were out of their house. Taemin pushed Eunhee inside of the car.

“Why did you hide it for so long?” Taemin exasperatedly said.

“Because there’s time for everything.” Eunhee simply muttered, wiping the last tear.

“Is this what you mean by protecting me? By revealing this secret of yours to my parents?!” Taemin said a little bit sharper. Eunhee smiled and nodded.

“Trust me. From now on, they will think before they make a decision or plan anything for you.” Eunhee exclaimed as she patted his shoulder. Taemin looked at her, trying to understand her intentions.

“But you’ve been through so much pain for resisting. If you have said it before they might have not planned any of these bull to you.” Taemin exclaimed, his brows in a frown.

“It’s alright. Thanks to them I met him. So I guess it’s all good.” Eunhee muttered with a small smile while looking out of the window.

“You really fell for that bastard didn’t you?” Taemin chuckled, shaking his head.

“I don’t even know why. But the moment I saw him, I was able to see through him. Apparently I was right. He wasn’t really a bastard as how everybody else sees him.” Eunhee replied.

“You always had a good eye for people. I have doubted you a number of times but I guess I believe you now. I can see how much he cares for you. Maybe you grew on him.” Taemin exclaimed, as he finally started the engine.

“Maybe…” Eunhee replied.

“You’re already late. Where do you want to go?” Taemin asked after checking the time. Both of them are already late for their afternoon class.

“I want to see him. Will you take me to his office?” Eunhee asked with a grin. Taemin chuckled and did what she asked for.

After half an hour of drive, Eunhee finally reached Jaejoong’s office. This time she asked his secretary if he has any guests, she doesn’t want to witness anything like she did yesterday. She knocked and Jaejoong asked her to enter. He was surprised to see her presence there. He immediately stood up and walked towards her. Without any words, Eunhee ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

She doesn’t care about BoA for a while. She needs Jaejoong right now. She needs him to comfort her right now and show her some affection.

“What’s wrong?” Jaejoong asked as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Did something happened over lunch?” Jaejoong asked again. Eunhee nodded her head and finally looked up to him.

“Will you listen to my story?” Eunhee exclaimed, cupping his face while intently looking through his eyes.

--

Oookkkayy.. I didn't expect to finish it today! ahahaha.. Well we learned something new about Eunhee today.
Did you see it coming? Ahahaha.. Oookay! ahmm.. Thanks for those who subscribed so far. Please do leave me a
comment if you can. I will be very happy to hear about your opinion! :)

Quite boring? Miss the fluff? I'll get back to that soon... We have to put a bit of drama for a while. Teeheee.. :D

Yui dea~!
04-18-14

p.s not proofread as usual.