03 | 18

Tied by Fate

Chapter 3

18

---

“Come on Oppa! We’re going to be late!” Hanuel shouted at her brother as she slammed on his bedroom door. Hearing the loud voice of his sister, Jaejoong opened his door with a huge frown on his face.

“Calm down tiger!” Jaejoong exclaimed as he finally stepped out of his room.

“Coz you’re so slow!” Hanuel complained and dragged her brother downstairs. She constantly checked her phone for the time as well as if someone texted her already. When they reached the dining table, Hanuel pushed Jaejoong down his seat and told him to eat fast or else they will be late.

The reason why Hanuel was so excited that day was because her best friend will finally be living in Korea. She volunteered herself and her brother (Hanuel actually forced him) to fetch Eunhee and her twin from the airport. It has been 3 years since they last saw each other and it was back when the twins turned 16. Today the three of them are already 18 years old and were about to go to university. Hanuel and Eunhee actually talked about the school they want to enter and it was Seoul International University. Eunhee and Taemin took their exams abroad and they’ve passed. The two friends were happy enough that they will be soon reunited.

Jaejoong watched his little sister eat as fast as she could. She was constantly checking him out whether he was doing the same and he wasn’t. He teased his sister some more and ate as slowly as he could. As soon as Hanuel finished her plate of scrambled eggs and sausages she stood up and gulped her glass of orange juice. She walked towards her brother and glared at him. Jaejoong teasingly looked at her, feeding himself a slice of loaf bread as slowly and poised as possible. Hanuel rolled her eyes and took the slice of bread from his hand. She then put it back to his plate and grabbed his arm along with her.

“Hey! I’m not yet done eating!” Jaejoong complained at his sister but Hanuel didn’t say anything. Hanuel grabbed Jaejoong’s car keys and walked towards his car.

“I told you to eat as fast as you can, didn’t I?” Hanuel made a face as she sat down at the passenger seat. Jaejoong rolled his eyes and sighed. He then walked to the driver’s seat and started the car. If there’s anyone more spoiled and can act brattier than Jaejoong it was surely his sister. And because Hanuel was one of his favorite people in the world he just can’t say no to her.

“Ah! Oppa! Faster she’s already there! Faster slowpoke!” Hanuel exclaimed after reading the message she got from Eunhee. She playfully hit her brother because of his slowness. Jaejoong chuckled and drove slower than ever.

“Yah!! OPPA!!!” Hanuel repeatedly hit his brother as she can no longer hold the excitement of seeing her best friend.

“Oh come on oppa! I wanna see her so bad!!” Hanuel pouted as she crossed her arms under her chest. Seeing the cute expression that Hanuel had, Jaejoong laughed and finally drove as fast as he could.

Finally Jaejoong pulled over his BMW i8 in front of the airport. Hanuel jumped out of the car and ran as fast as she could towards the two teenagers standing by the entrance. Hanuel have seen her friends as soon as they hit the corner leading to the entrance of the building. Just like Eunhee texted she was wearing a red jacket which was a standout, so Hanuel didn’t really have a hard time noticing her.

Eunhee removed her sunglasses and waved at her friend. She walked towards her and opened her arms to welcome the warm hug that Hanuel was offering.

“Eunnie!! I miss you sooooo much!” Hanuel exclaimed, hugging Eunhee as tight as she could. She could hear Eunhee laughing at her action.

“I miss you too Hannie!” Eunhee hugged her back. Eunhee’s attention was then stolen by the guy standing behind Hanuel, he was about 20 meters away but still thanks to her contact lenses she didn’t miss to see a glance of him. He was as gorgeous as she remembered if possible he only became more attractive than he always has. Eunhee genuinely offered him a smile before she returned her attention to Hanuel.

Jaejoong cannot believe his eyes. His fiancé grew up to be a very fine lady, she was beautiful. She has long brown hair that only made her look fairer than she already was; it reached her mid back and has huge curls at the bottom of it. Her eyes were formed into half moons as she smiles. Her lips were tinted light pink and were as inviting and tempting as how he remembered. From her face Jaejoong then looked down at her body. He coughed and got embarrassed at himself as he realized how he adored her body. She wasn’t that thin, she actually has the right curves at the right places. She can see her flawless legs with the kind of skirt she was wearing. Feeling that someone was watching him Jaejoong looked away and surprised to see Taemin giving him a look.

 Jaejoong was obviously checking her out and it didn’t miss Taemin’s eyes. Taemin stared at Jaejoong until Jaejoong realized what he was doing. Taemin then raised a brow at him in which made Jaejoong look away. Taemin actually chuckled when he saw how embarrassed Jaejoong was for being caught by him.

“Hanuel let’s go. I still have plans.” As soon as Jaejoong got over his embarrassment, he called out for his sister who was so busy talking at the moment.

“Oh right!” Hanuel exclaimed and watched her brother walked away.

“So is this all your things?” Hanuel exclaimed, surprised to only see 2 luggage.

“No, the rest will be sent to our home.” Eunhee smiled as she answered. She pulled her bag and followed Hanuel. Taemin tailed his sister, putting an arm around her.

“You’re as quiet as always Taemin-ah.” Hanuel commented as she glanced up to him. Hanuel then realized how tall Taemin has become. He’s almost as tall as her older brother. Taemin simply nodded and smiled at her.

“It’s good to see you Hannie.” Taemin said. Hanuel smiled, hearing how he still calls her Hannie, meaning Taemin still values her as much as before. Though they don’t talk much (well Taemin doesn’t talk a lot) Taemin actually consider Hanuel as one of his closest friend, he doesn’t trust people much but he trusts Hanuel a lot as much as how Eunhee trusts Hanuel.

“Awww… It’s nice to see you too.” Hanuel grinned at her and hugged him lightly.

As soon as the three of them reached the car, Taemin and Jaejoong put their things in the trunk. Taemin stole glances of Jaejoong who was still avoiding his gaze and still avoiding looking at Eunhee. Taemin shook his head and laughed in his mind. Jaejoong maybe already 26 years old but he’s still as childish and immature as before.

Eunhee sat at the back seat but didn’t miss to greet Jaejoong with her usual sweet smile. Jaejoong simply nodded at her.

‘I wonder when he will finally recognize me.’ Eunhee thought and sighed as she watched Jaejoong pretending not to notice her. Oh how Jaejoong hates the way she smiles because it’s too alluring for him.

Jaejoong and Hanuel sent the twins home first. Hanuel had invited the twins to have dinner with them that evening in which the twins accepted warmly. They then headed home and Jaejoong proceeded to his work.

---

Walking inside their new home, Taemin saw his sister, sitting at a couch in their terrace as she dazed off once again. He smiled understanding already why his sister was like that, maybe because it was a twin’s thing or perhaps it’s just too obvious for him to miss. He stared at the beautiful sunset in front of him and slowly walked towards his sister.

“You’re worried about him again?” Taemin exclaimed as he sat down next to Eunhee. Eunhee didn’t say anything and only rested her head on his shoulder.

“You’re wasting your time worrying about him you know.” Taemin added, almost immediately upon hearing what her brother said Eunhee leaned back and made a face to him. She frowned and said.

“I am not! He’s my fiancé I should worry about what he thinks about me.” Eunhee frowned as she exclaimed. Taemin shook his head and sighed.

“When did he even treat you as his fiancé for you to worry about him that much?” Taemin said seriously, looking straightly at his sister.

Eunhee looked away and sighed. It’s nothing new for the two to argue about the issue. Eunhee has always known that Taemin doesn’t like Jaejoong especially as how she was being treated by him. He hates seeing her getting worry, excited or nervous whenever she would meet him. And most of all Taemin doesn’t like the idea that Eunhee fell in love with a guy she barely know (plus all they hear about him were his mischief’s).

Hearing what his brother said, Eunhee’s frown disappeared instead a sad expression replaced it. Yet again she sighed and said “Well, that doesn’t change the fact that he’s my fiancé, does it?” She stood up from her seat and went to her room. “I’m going to get ready for dinner.” She exclaimed before she left.

For the last time Taemin gave out a sigh of exasperation.  He loves his sister so much, he wants to protect her from anyone who might hurt her and her fragile heart yet he can’t seem to make her change her mind about what she felt. What is so special about Kim Jaejoong anyway? Leaving the issue aside, Taemin went to his room and got himself ready as well.

---

After dropping off the twins at their new home, Jaejoong can’t seem to remove Eunhee from his mind. He massaged his temple and sighed as he yet again remembered how beautiful she was that morning and how much change happened over the years. She’s truly becoming a woman now. He shook his head as he convinced himself that he must not fall for her. Eunhee’s not the problem, it’s his feud with his parents. Over the years, Jaejoong only grew apart from his parents thus as a sign of rebellion he’s going against everything they’ve planned for him. After graduating college he didn’t take the job that his parents were giving him instead he made his own business that was totally unrelated from his parent’s business (hospitality industry). Jaejoong found himself in the music industry, producing artists and music. He would love to live their house as well but due to Hanuel’s request he stayed.

Jaejoong has always love music, he’s a very good singer himself but his parents didn’t really appreciate it. Instead they were discouraging and trying to stop him from pursuing it. After a lot of arguments and fights his parents finally let him off the hook for a while but it didn’t mean that they will stop there.

“Stress of work?” Jaejoong felt a hand on his shoulder and saw Yunho.

“No, I’m okay.” Jaejoong replied and gesture his friend for sit.

“Then why do you look so bothered hyung?” This time it was Junsu who asked. He was actually just right behind Yunho. He then sat beside Yunho .

That afternoon Jaejoong was meeting with his long time friends. It has been a while since they last hang out together. They are all managing their own business now so it was getting harder to see each other unlike when they were in highschool and college.

“I won’t tell.” Jaejoong mumbled in which the two raised an eyebrow at.

“Coz you think we’ll tease you?” Yunho exclaimed in a know-it-all tone.

“Oh come on grow up hyung!” Junsu retorted. This time it was Yunho and Jaejoong who raised a brow at him. If there was anyone who was the most child-like among them, it will be Junsu. Soon enough before Junsu could even react, Yoochun and Changmin arrived.

“So what did we miss?” Changmin asked and sat down beside Jaejoong.

“Well, hyung is being bothered by something.” Junsu exclaimed and successfully gained the two newcomers’ interest.

“Family matters?” Yoochun asked.

“No, it’s really nothing.” Jaejoong exclaimed, shaking his head a little.

“Naaah… I don’t believe you.” Yunho replied in which the other three agree with.

Jaejoong sighed in defeat and said “I saw my fiancé today and we’re going to have dinner with our siblings later.”

“What’s wrong with that?” Changmin asked, obviously confused.

Jaejoong didn’t reply instead he showed a photo of Eunhee (which Hanuel sent him because she’s having fun teasing him as she had observed his reaction early that morning). The four guys batted their eyes with what they saw.

“She’s hot!” Changmin exclaimed while the other three nodded in agreement.

“I won’t deny it coz she is.” Jaejoong replied and sighed.

“Then why don’t you give it a try and actually treat her as your fiancé. She obviously likes you, you know.” Yoochun suggested. Jaejoong shook his head as he disagreed.

“No, my parents would be so happy if I do that. It’s like walking into their trap.” Jaejoong exclaimed.

“Hmmm… Then, what do you want to do? If you tell your parents you want to break off the marriage sure enough they won’t let you.” Yunho said for a while there was silence while everyone around the room thought.

“Then, why don’t you let her break off the marriage then?” Yoochun exclaimed while the others faces lit up as they already understood his idea.

“She’s a princess, her parents will listen to her.” Jaejoong nodded his head and smirked.

“Make her fall deeper into you then slowly make her feel so unwanted and that you don’t really want to be engaged to her. Hurt her and she’ll back out.” Changmin exclaimed, while Jaejoong smiled larger.

“Yeaah…”

“But do you think she deserves to be treated that way?” Yunho gave a Jaejoong a meaningful look which made Jaejoong frown at him.

“Well I don’t have much choice, do I?” Jaejoong answered. He felt a sudden pain in his chest as he felt guilty for coming out with such idea. He sighed and decided to go on with it.

---

Evening came and Eunhee decided to look around the Kim’s mansion while Hanuel supervised the kitchen (because she wants everything to be perfect) and Taemin got distracted by an interesting book he found in the living room. Since her nervousness doesn’t seem to go away, Eunhee started to walk around. The Kim’s mansion didn’t change much it was still as huge as she remembered, there were still paintings around the corridors which she enjoyed looking at. Before she knew it she was lost yet again. Frowning at her own fault Eunhee tried to retrace her track when she heard a piano being played. Eunhee stopped for a while as she further listened; slowly her feet took her to the origin of the music. It was Kim Jaejoong, playing beautifully at the piano. His eyes were close as the music took him to another world, Eunhee stared at him in awe and totally mesmerized by the sight in front of her.

Kim Jaejoong didn’t even felt her presence. He was so surprised when he saw her standing by the door of their music room. He was caught off guard by her again. As soon as their eyes met, Eunhee bowed a little and smiled. Jaejoong simply bowed his head as a reply.

“I’m sorry if I disturbed you but please go on. It’s beautiful.” Eunhee exclaimed and was about to leave. She turned and tilted her head as she scratched her head a little, looking from left to right. Seeing her confused state, Jaejoong didn’t able to stop himself from chuckling. He smiled and shook his head.

“You’re lost aren’t you?” He exclaimed and almost immediately Eunhee turned to him, blushing as bright as a tomato.

“No! I… I…” Eunhee tried to deny the truth but ended up failing. She let go of a sigh of defeat and nodded her head.

Yet again Jaejoong chuckled and walked towards her. “Come on, let’s go to the dining room I’m sure Hanuel is waiting for us already.” Eunhee nodded her head and followed him. The two of them unconsciously smiled as they remembered that this scene was just like the first time they met—Eunhee being lost and Jaejoong finding her.

“By the way Jaejoong-sshi, you’re a producer and a composer right?” Eunhee exclaimed, stopping Jaejoong on his track.

“Yes.” He simply replied and walked.

“I’ve listened to your music. They were great.” Eunhee walked faster and was now beside him, looking up to him.

“Thank you.” Jaejoong replied as he looked at the girl beside him. He stared at those familiar pair of eyes; they’re as honest as always not to mention alluring.

“Especially the song ‘Wasurenaide’ that you composed, it’s my personal favorite. I can listen to it the whole day.” Eunhee looked a head the corridor as she can now see the staircase.

Jaejoong watched the girl talked about his music with a huge smile on her face. No one has ever showed that much of interest in what he does not even his friends or sister. Unconsciously, his hand started to reach for her arm and pulled her. He just wanted to look at her face again, wanting to see whether she’s just making everything up for him to like her.

Eunhee faced him with a surprised and confused expression. What is he doing? He just stared at her for a few seconds, his face only a few inches away. Eunhee watched his expression as he continues to analyze her face for unknown reason. From a frown and intense stare, Jaejoong’s expression softened.

“What’s wrong Jaejoong-sshi?” Eunhee gulped and was finally managed to say. Jaejoong immediately let go of her and cleared his throat, slowly he walked ahead. Confused by his actions Eunhee’s brows furrowed and she tilted her head a little.

“Oh! There you are!” Hanuel’s face brightened up when she saw her brother and Eunhee walking down the stairs together. Hanuel then pulled Eunhee to the dining table and placed her beside Taemin and across Jaejoong while she sat beside his brother.

The dinner started off as a quiet one but as soon as Hanuel talked, the conversation around the table somehow managed to go on.

“I’m so excited next week! First day of college!” Hanuel said with a huge grin but immediately her expression changed when she remembered something.

“We’re not in the same course though.” She exclaimed and sighed disappointedly.

“You know I can’t dance Hannie-ah.” Eunhee replied with a soft smile. “You’re in the same course as Taemin though.” Eunhee added as she glanced at her brother who simply smiled. Taemin and Hanuel both took up AB Performing Arts majoring in Dance.

“What are you taking?” Surprisingly it was Jaejoong who asked Eunhee.

“Ermm… I’ll take up Hospitality Management and will major in Culinary Art.” Eunhee replied while Jaejoong nodded.

“Of course, family business one of you should take it.” Jaejoong said which made Hanuel frown he’s acting quite rude with that statement.

“No! I took it because I want it. I love the industry.” Eunhee exclaimed and defended her course.

“Ahhh… Your parents are so lucky to have you, a daughter who fortunately follow their plans.” Jaejoong replied as he smirked.

“And your parents are SO UNLUCKY to have you, aren’t they?” Taemin said calmly though his stare showed otherwise.

“Yeah I guess.” Jaejoong snorted as he saw Taemin’s reaction. He chuckled and wiped his lips with a napkin. Taemin might be a great help for his plan.

“I’m done eating. Thank you for the food Hannie.” Jaejoong exclaimed and left the table.

“I’m so sorry Eunnie!” Hanuel apologized for her brother’s action.

“No, it’s alright. But Taemin what was that?” Eunhee hissed at his twin brother who continued to eat his food.

“Nothing, just stating some facts” Taemin replied and dully stared at his sister.

“Taemin!” Eunhee exclaimed, disappointment was in her voice.

“He was being rude to you. He’s implying you’re just a puppet of our parents.” Taemin argued. Eunhee’s face dropped on the floor. She stood from her seat and walked outside. She never enjoyed arguing with Taemin, it hurts her so bad.

She sighed as she felt tears started to form by the edges of her eyes. She’s so confused, one second Jaejoong will be nice and later will be rude. She can’t understand whether he’s actually attracted to her or not. She can actually notice the way he looked at her at times and she can feel her heart beats so fast every time. If only it was humanly possible Eunhee might already have melted whenever Jaejoong stared at her.

“Sorry about that Eunnie.” Eunhee felt Hanuel hand on her shoulder. Eunhee was able to manage the tears from falling and turned to her friend with a smile.

“No, it’s alright. Taemin is just being too sensitive.” Eunhee exclaimed and asked Hanuel to go back inside with her.

That night, Eunhee’s mood brightened up as Hanuel and she talked about different things (along with Taemin). She didn’t know that he was being watched though.

------

So that's chapter 3! Hope it was entertaining enough

hahaha.. I had a hard time writing lately so hopefully you still enjoyed it.

Please do drop a comment if you can! ;) 

p.s not proofread as usual so there might be a lot of typos and

weird and confusing statements. :)