06 | The Aftermath

Tied by Fate

Chapter 6

The Aftermath

---

“I still don’t understand why Jaejoong is so against the idea of you working here and debuting. You have the talent you know.” Seungri exclaimed as he tried to capture Hanuel’s distracted self.

“Because he doesn’t like the idea of exploiting his sister and plus my parents will go against it. We all know that soon enough I will be doing our business or if not my future-husband’s business. I don’t want to waste my effort and go against their wrath. I’m lucky enough that they allowed me to take up the course I am taking right now.” Hanuel said, without even looking at Seungri. Seungri curiously stared at where Hanuel was staring at. She was alternately looking at Jaejoong and her friend Eunhee.

“What’s wrong?” Seungri asked, caressing the top of Hanuel’s head.

“I have to do something about this.” Hanuel declared.

“Huh?” Seungri confusedly stated.

“I told you that I want my brother to end up with his fiancé right?” Hanuel exclaimed, this time she was already looking at Seungri.

“Yeah, Eunhee-ah.”

“See that? Do you think something will happen between them if I don’t step in?” Hanuel exclaimed, pointing at Jaejoong who was now flirting with a set of girls in his arms then to Eunhee who was seated not far from Hanuel, drinking her mocktail, glancing at Jaejoong every now and then. A number of guys tried to flirt with her but she always gently pushed them away.

“So what do you want to do then?” Seungri exclaimed. He always liked how Hanuel takes over. It always amuses him whenever she tries to look for solutions to things she should never even attempt to touch. He always liked how daring she is. How strong willed and how brave she can be. She’s never easy to handle but that’s what makes it fun to be with her. He sighed as he watched her think, indeed every moment with her is exciting and each time there will always be butterflies in his stomach.

“Let’s play a game!” Hanuel excitingly exclaimed and pulled Seungri along with her. She then grabbed Eunhee’s hand and pulled her with them as well.

“Jaejoong-oppa! Let’s play a game!” Hanuel exclaimed, looking up to her brother who simply gave her a bored look.

“What game Hanuel-ah?” Yunho answered for Jaejoong’s sake. Apparently unlike Jaejoong, his friends were actually interested with Hanuel’s idea.

“7 minutes in heaven…” Hanuel grinned mischievously.

“That’s a silly game… No need for a closet, people are doing it openly.” Jaejoong retorted as he rolled his eyes. But instead of backing him up, his four friends went along with Hanuel.

In the end Jaejoong lost and he ended up in a closet with his fiancé. He swore Hanuel planned it all well in fact she really planned it all. Jaejoong was the first one to pick in the bowl of female participants but Hanuel readied another set of bowl, a bowl full of Eunhee’s name.

7 minutes…

Hanuel was so surprised when she saw Jaejoong kissing her bestfriend. She doesn’t know whether she’ll be happy about it or not but after she witnessed Jaejoong’s heartless reaction she was set in fury.

“I know you don’t like her but don’t play with her feelings! I know it’s my fault for constantly trying to fix you up but I was only hoping for you to see that Eunhee deserves to be treated well and for you to realize how lucky you are for having her!” Hanuel hissed and sent death glares to her brother.

Hanuel found Eunhee in front of the club’s entrance, she was squatting, covering her face with her hands. Hanuel’s heart broke with the sight of Eunhee breaking down. She hated herself for letting her feel this way. She slowly approached her but was only stopped on her track by the crying Eunhee.

“Don’t take another step. Leave me alone.” Eunhee exclaimed in between her sobs. Hanuel felt her heart being crashed at that moment, never in her life had she thought that Eunhee will tell her those set of words. But she understood her and so she tried to be patient.

“Eunhee-ah, I’m so---“ Hanuel tried to say but she was immediately shut down by Eunhee.

“I said leave me alone!!” Eunhee shouted at her, finally lifting her face to her but to only let her see how upset she was at the moment. Hanuel said no more and decided to give her some space. Along her way she saw Ah Yeon going the direction she just came from.

“She wants to be alone.” Hanuel exclaimed.

“Bu-“

“She wants to be alone.” Hanuel this time exclaimed in a firmer manner. She went back to their table with Ah Yeon following her tail.

As soon as he saw Hanuel’s upset face, he opened up his arms and hugged her tightly. He assured her that everything will be fine. Hanuel smiled unknowingly, grateful that Seungri was there to calm her down. He has always been there…

---

Eunhee hated herself for pushing Hanuel away but she just wanted to be alone at the moment, no one can make her feel better. She was so humiliated, embarrassed and heartbroken. Even Taemin won’t be able to succeed especially knowing that Taemin will only tell her “I told you so.” He never approved the way Eunhee felt for Jaejoong, now Eunhee’s starting to see why. Maybe she should have listened to her twin brother.

The cold night is starting to get into her but still she forced herself to stay; she can’t just go back in, she doesn’t have the courage to. She cursed as she realized she left her wallet and cellphone inside and so she can’t go home. She sighed helplessly, hugging herself tighter, hoping that it will give her some warmth. Still tears continued to flow.

Suddenly, she felt something warm covering her cold shoulders. It was a coat. She wiped her face and looked up. She saw a handsome face leaning towards her, it actually surprised the hell out of her and made her pull away and fall her on the floor.

Seeing the sight in front of him, he can’t help but laugh whole-heartedly. She was so cute minus the crying face of course.

“Are you alright? A young lady like you shouldn’t be staying alone here. Even though this is Gangnam there might still be maniacs going around. Ah, maybe I’m one of them.” He sat in front of her, removing some hair that covered a part of her pretty face. He smiled playfully as he wiggled his brows at the same time.

“TOP-sshi…” Surprising him, Eunhee muttered his name.

“Ah! You know me?” The new comer exclaimed, he smiled bigger as he pulled her up gently. Eunhee simply nodded, trying to hide her messed up face from him.

Of course Eunhee knows him. He is the number 1 artist of JJ entertainment. He’s very popular-- that handsome face of his can never be ignored by anyone.

“And you are?” TOP asked, securing his coat around her.

“Lee Eunhee” She exclaimed.

“Ahhh… That name sounds familiar, though I still can’t put a finger on it. Anyway, you came from inside. I think it’s about time to go back.” TOP as a gentleman that he was guided her inside but before going to the crowd he escorted her to the comfort room for her to fix herself.

“Ah! I knew it you’re really pretty.” TOP commented, now staring at Eunhee’s bare face. Eunhee tried to smile but failed which only caused TOP laugh.

“Aish! Let’s go?” He exclaimed, offering a hand which Eunhee took politely.

But before they completely enter the busy club TOP managed to say.

“I don’t know what happened and I won’t ask you to tell me since it won’t be necessary but I hope you’ll stop crying. It hurts to see a pretty face like yours looking like the way it was a while ago. And those make up, you don’t need it.” TOP looked down at her one more time and flashed her a sincere smile. He patted her head for a few times and pulled her towards Hanuel. For a while Eunhee felt lighter, she smiled and grateful for this guy because he somehow managed to make her feel better.

How did he know where to exactly bring Eunhee? Simple, he has been watching her since she ran out of the club. Just a few minutes he arrived, Eunhee came out crying. He also saw Hanuel’s attempt in comforting her. He basically saw how she cried her eyes out. It felt wrong and that’s why he decided to help her up. He didn’t know exactly what he felt when she saw her in that state but it was unpleasant.

When Eunhee reached Hanuel, she asked her to take her home. Seungri offered them the ride which they happily took. Ah Yeon gathered the other guys and decided to leave as well. TOP wanted to come along but Seungri told him to just stay since he just arrived. Seungri promised to come back quickly so he can join him.

TOP gave Eunhee one last smile and assured her that everything will be alright. After Eunhee left, TOP proceeded to meet his director, Kim Jaejoong who doesn’t look that pleased at the moment.

“Jaeeee~!” TOP playfully called out, immediately Jaejoong sent him irritated glances.

“TOP-ah!” Yoochun called the new comer and invited him to sit with them.

“You’re looking overly happy today.” Changmin exclaimed, bumping into TOP’s shoulder.

“Ahhh~! I met a damsel in distress… Oh Changminnie, she’s soooo pretty!” TOP childishly exclaimed, shaking the now laughing Changmin.

“Oh! Did you manage to get her name?” Yunho asked, testing TOP with his skills.

“Of course! It’s Lee Eunhee!” TOP proudly stated.

Upon hearing the name, Jaejoong spurted his shot of whisky, turning to the amused TOP.

“Ah! Ah! No! You can get any girls you want in here but you can’t touch that girl!” Junsu exclaimed, shaking his head in disapproval. Immediately, TOP’s face formed a frown, looking questioningly at the five gentlemen around him.

“Wae? Ahhh… I think it’s love at first sight~!” TOP mumbled, looking like a lost puppy. Jaejoong can’t help but snickered at such sight. He rolled his eyes and popped TOP’s bubble.

“She’s my fiancé. You can’t touch her until I’m not done with her.” Jaejoong exclaimed, which immediately made TOP lift his brow.

“Ohh… That’s why it’s quite familiar. I guess you don’t want the tabloid going around like ‘Kim Jaejoong’s fiancé being stolen by the amazing and godly TOP’ right?” TOP exclaimed in a humorous tone, chuckling.

“I’m serious.” Jaejoong threatened.

“Hmmm… If you possess her that much then why aren’t you outside comforting her when she was crying her heart out?” From his jovial self, TOP’s tone turned serious. The girls that surround them gasped. Jaejoong frowned in response and order the girls to give them some space for a while.

“Where is she now?” Jaejoong asked, standing up from his stool, surprising everyone even himself.

“Seungri brought her home along with your sister.” TOP answered, finally ordering some drinks for himself.

“I see.” Jaejoong muttered and sitting back to his seat, which confused his friends.

“Aren’t you going to see her?” Yunho asked, apparently he was concern about the girl’s situation.

“No. I’m sure she doesn’t want to see me and plus this is exactly what I planned right?” Jaejoong exclaimed, gulping down two shots of tequila. His conscience is killing him. He hated himself at the moment as well just like how Eunhee and Hanuel hate him. He did saw Eunhee walked away from the crowd earlier but he didn’t expect her to cry as hard as how TOP explained.

 “You planned to hurt her?” TOP stated in a rather shocked manner. He knew Jaejoong for so long now, sure he plays around with girls and gets himself into fights but he was not the type of guy who will hurt a girl like that, especially his fiancé. He knew the story from the beginning but Jaejoong didn’t mention anything about the plan he has in mind.

Seeing the confused state of his friend Jaejoong replied. “I have to make her break the engagement unlike me her parents might listen to her.” Taking a deep breath, he continued. “And for her to do that, I have to hurt her and make her hate me”

“That’s a stupid plan.” TOP retorted, chuckling.

“I have to give up JJ entertainment if I marry her you know. You will be unemployed.” Jaejoong exclaimed, rolling his eyes in annoyance.

“Naaah! I’m popular. I can find an agency that will take me in with open arms.” TOP laughed, sticking his tongue out.

 “Everything is so simple for you, aren’t they?” Jaejoong said.

“Anyway! I’ll help you then. I’ll make her fall in love with me!” Jaejoong didn’t know if TOP was joking or not but a strange look in his eyes tells him to believe the latter.

“Don’t worry, I will be careful not to be caught by the media.” TOP winked at Jaejoong before he went around the party, greeting his friends and juniors.

“Is he serious?” Jaejoong exclaimed, seriously not believing what just TOP declared.

“Ahhh~ Hyung I think he’s serious.” Junsu stupidly answered in which he received a hit on the head.

“Well, I guess there goes your plan, going smoothly as it should be.” Yunho exclaimed sarcastically. By the way Jaejoong was looking at TOP, he knew, Jaejoong will be the one breaking his own plan.

‘That Eunhee was sure special.’ Yunho thought to himself, watching his friend, Jaejoong drinking more than he usually does.

---

After sending Eunhee and Hanuel off, Ah Yeon found herself walking around the Gangnam area with his newly found friends. It’s funny how they were complaining about leaving so early (though it’s already 1 am) so they all decided to just roam around for a while.

“Worry about Eunhee?” Ah Yeon felt two hands on her shoulders. It made her look up to the owner and she was right it was Onew.

“It’s really funny how you can always read my mind.” Ah Yeon exclaimed as she hooked her arms with his.

“We’ve known each other since we were kids. What do you expect? And plus I know you can’t live without me.” Onew jokingly exclaimed, chuckling with his own words.

“Tsk. As if…” Ah Yeon exclaimed, pushing him playfully. Ah Yeon has never been the expressive one. It’s weird but the closer she gets to a person the harder for her to tell them how she feels and the fact that she truly cares about them.

In the middle of having fun, Ah Yeon suddenly received a text message from her parents—ordering to go home already.

“I have to go now.” Ah Yeon exclaimed.

“Eh? Where do you live?” Jonghyun asked, Ah Yeon told them where she lives.

“Ah! I can bring you home then. I live around the area.” Key exclaimed with a soft smile, watching closely to how Ah Yeon will react.

“Oh? Araso. I guess you don’t have to drop me off Onew-ah.” Ah Yeon answered, looking up to the person beside him. Onew tried to hide his discomfort with a soft smile but still his heart went against him and so he exclaimed and tried to fight.

“I promised your mom that I’ll bring you home.” Onew said, he tried his best to make it sound as casual as possible, good enough no one seemed to notice it.

“But we all know that will be inconvenient for you. You live quite far from Ah Yeon’s home.” Key said calmly with a smile.

“Ani… It’s alright. A promise is a promise.” Onew exclaimed, grabbing Ah Yeon’s wrist.

“Ani… Onew-ah, it’s alright. I’m sure mom won’t mind and plus I’ve told her about our new friends. You don’t have to burden yourself.” Ah Yeon resisted and offered her a soft smile.

‘But you’re never been a burden and will never will be…’ Onew thought. Without turning, Onew dropped Ah Yeon’s hand and cleared his throat to release some tension.

“Araso.” He took a deep breath and said his goodbye.

“Trust me on this alright?” Key managed to say before Onew left.

Just like how they talked about Key sent Ah Yeon home. Their ride home was quite enjoyable. Ah Yeon has to admit it was refreshing to bond with another person. It has always been her and Onew. Though she already misses the presence of the guy, Key’s presence managed to distract her to feel any discomfort.

--

After gathering the courage to talk, Hanuel was finally able to say “Eunhee-ah, I’m really sorry…” She then extended her hand to touch Eunhee’s.

She wasn’t crying anymore but she still felt awful.

“Ani… It’s not your fault. You don’t have to be sorry.” Eunhee looked up to her, giving her a soft reassuring smile.

“No, it’s mine. It’s my idea to force the two of you to go into the closet.” Hanuel exclaimed, blaming everything to herself which Eunhee was unhappy to hear.

“It’s not yours. I don’t even blame Jaejoong-sshi either.” Eunhee said slowly, Hanuel’s brows furrowed she doesn’t understand what her friend was trying to say. “Are you blaming yourself then?”

“I guess? No one forced me to feel this way right? We were in a club, people had some alcohol of course they will be acting like they don’t care. I guess that place was way out of my league.” Eunhee exclaimed, forcing a smile to form but of course Hanuel wasn’t deceived by it. Hanuel put her arms around Eunhee calming her down though she was no longer crying but ironically her gesture only made Eunhee to tear up again.

“Aaaah! Don’t cry!” Hanuel panicked which actually made Eunhee giggled.

“Don’t worry I won’t set you up anymore!” Hanuel added, which made Eunhee smiled gratefully to her.

“Thanks.” Eunhee took a deep sighed and declared. “I should stop acting and feeling this way. I have to remind myself that he was only my fiancé because of our companies and no other reason... I… I… shouldn’t have ta… taken it seriously…” Eunhee started off strong but by the middle of her sentence her true feeling just burst out. “ho-- hoping tha--that he’ll aa..actually take it the same way.” She said in between of her sobs. Hanuel cannot find the right words to say because apparently there’s nothing she could say to make her feel better, instead she just hugged her dear friend as tight as she could, reminding her that she will always be there to listen and care for her.

---

Last night Hanuel didn’t allow Eunhee to go home. Eunhee was in doubt at first because she might come across Jaejoong but then again she can’t let Taemin know about what happen or chaos might occur.

Jaejoong opened his eyes, waking up from his deep slumber. His eyes twitched with the sudden light hitting his eyes. He carried himself up, sitting down on his bed. He groaned in pain because of the sudden movement. He drank too much last night. It’s a mystery how he arrived home safely. He looked around his room, amazed how little the mess he made. Glancing at his clock, he read 8:15… Still early but the dryness of his throat bothered him. He has to drink something to ease the pain so he stood up carefully and made his way to the kitchen.

To his surprise, he saw Eunhee’s face once he closed the refrigerator door. It seemed like she was as surprised as he was. But instead of her usual shy smile, she reacted differently. She simply avoided Jaejoong’s gaze and proceeded to what she was about to do which was to get some butter inside the refrigerator.  She asked politely for Jaejoong to move and so he did.

“I told you, you can just ask the maids to get it for you! Why are you always so nice!!” Jaejoong can hear her sister’s voice coming from where Eunhee came from.

“Eun—“ She was then cut off when she saw her brother. Instead of greeting him though, Hanuel rolled her eyes and grabbed Eunhee by the hand, dragging her along.

“Oi! Hannie!” Jaejoong complained at his sister’s rude behavior but he was totally ignored. He felt a sudden pain in his heart as he watched the two girls walked away from him. He winced as Eunhee’s blank face replayed over and over again in his head.

‘I shouldn’t feel this way…’ He thought, hitting himself in the head.

---

Surprisingly, I managed to update again! Yeay!
Please do leave a comment because they are highly appreciated!
Thank you for those who viewed this fic so far! J

p.s yes you guessed it well, no proofread as usual! ;)

Yui dea~!
12-05-13