05 | 7 Minutes in Heaven

Tied by Fate

Chapter 5

7 Minutes in Heaven

---

It was Thursday morning when Jaejoong entered his office and found the least person he wanted to see, that person was even sitting on his chair. The soft smile Jaejoong had immediately disappeared and a glare was darted to the person in front of him.

"Good morning son." He greeted. It was Jaejoong's father, the legendary Kim Woo Bin. Jaejoong rolled his eyes but managed to reply a short greeting.

"Morning." He said plainly.

"I didn't expect that your agency would actually become a success but then again I guess I gave too much money and support to back it up, you know just in case you mess up again." Jaejoong's father exclaimed, watching closely at how his son would react. Jaejoong cannot stop his eyes from twitching as anger aroused from his system. His hands that were kept in his pockets balled into a fist as he tried to maintain his posture. He took a few deep sighs and finally spoke.

"Cut into the chase, what do you want?" Jaejoong replied in a rather controlled voice.

As much as it hurts his pride to admit, Jaejoong still needs his father (his money actually). It was his father's money that made Jaejoong's dream come true. It was a deal actually.

One time they argued about how useless Jaejoong was and how irresponsible he was for yet again being caught up in a fight. During the argument, Jaejoong's emotion overflowed and he confessed that if only his father would give him the chance to do what he wants then maybe he would succeed. Upon hearing such Woo Bin gave him the chance to build up his own entertainment agency. Not realizing before that it was actually a trap Jaejoong took the chance and tried his best to prove his father wrong. That he can actually make something right and successful for once. But soon enough Jaejoong realized that it was actually Woo Bin's plan to use Jaejoong's new agency to his advantage. Ever since JJ's entertainment came into the scene Woo bin has been using it as a threat to Jaejoong that if Jaejoong go against him, he will take his agency away. In the end Jaejoong remained as his father's puppet. It was cruel of him to let Jaejoong get a taste of his dream then threaten to take it away every time.

"I just came back. Don't you miss me at all?" Woo Bin exclaimed with a soft smile but Jaejoong just sniggered and rolled his eyes.

"I said what do you want old man?" Jaejoong exclaimed this time in a higher tone. Instead of being startled by Jaejoong's change of tone, his father simply laughed.

"Intense as always… Anyway, I heard Lee Eunhee and Lee Taemin started college already." Woo Bin exclaimed trying to start up a conversation but still Jaejoong simply gave him the 'do-I-look-like-I-give-a-' look.

"Hey, hey don't be like that. I'm just trying to check on your fiancé, especially we will soon make it official. We will announce it to the world very very soon in fact by the end of April. Aahh... I can already see it WK Corporation and Avior Corporation becoming one, taking over the hospitality industry." Woo Bin exclaimed, the excitement was very apparent in his voice.

Jaejoong clenched his jaw and stared very intensely at his father. He took a deep breath before he managed to say...

"Is that all?"

"The Lees will arrive on Saturday morning from Los Angeles and I will accompany them. We will talk about the preparation for your engagement party so I expect you to empty your scheduleo on Saturday night. We will have dinner with them, along with their twins and your sister. Araso?" This time there was no joking in Mr. Kim's voice. He was authoritative just like how a real boss should be.

"Yeah. Now father can you leave I have some work to do." Jaejoong stared dully at his father. Woo Bin nodded and finally stood. He walked passed his son and gave him a few pats on the shoulder.

"Busy kid. I'll see you in two days then."

Jaejoong said no more. As soon as his father left he sat on his office chair and started to massage his temples. He sighed repeatedly, hoping to calm himself fast so he can focus on his work again.

'Tsk, that old man is a pain in the .' He repeatedly thought.

The day after tomorrow is JJ's entertainment's anniversary party, he was supposed to have fun and enjoy the party but then this came up. He knew before he can even proceed to the party his father will destroy his mood at dinner. Jaejoong sighed again as he reminded himself that he has to control his emotion better. He has to show his father that he can no longer manipulate his decisions through playing his son's emotion.

--

"Ah Yeon-ah!!" Eunhee called her new friend as soon as she got off Taemin's car.

Upon hearing her name Ah Yeon halted and looked back at Eunhee while yawning. She then waved at Eunhee and waited for her to reach her.

"Oh! Eunhee-ah! Good morning!" Ah Yeon exclaimed.

"Hannie-ah invited you on Saturday right?" Eunhee asked as she glanced back at her brother who was currently keeping his distance while looking around the campus.

"Yeah, I'll come don't worry and Onew too." Ah Yeon answered, Eunhee's face lit up as soon as she heard her answer. She looked back at her and hooked her arms with her.

"I really need some styling advice from you." Eunhee pouted cutely as she walked towards their building.

"Huh? What do you mean? You dressed up pretty well, very sophisticated and elegant." Ah Yeon exclaimed, looking at Eunhee from head to toe.

"Eh? Hannie told me that I should look different for Saturday, she said something like ermmm... Being edgier and... Ahmmm... ier just like you." Eunhee exclaimed softly making sure that her brother who was tailing them won't be able to hear. Upon hearing her words Ah Yeon burst into laughter.

“What?!” Ah Yeon exclaimed as she stared at Eunhee’s confused face.

“Wae?! I don’t even know what she meant.” Eunhee pouted and frowned a little bit.

“Is your fiancé coming?” Ah Yeon asked, finally understanding what Hanuel might have been planning.

“Yeah, of course he owns the company for sure he will be there.” Eunhee replied, her face then suddenly lit up as she assumed what all of these are all about.

“Eh? Do you think her idea of me dressing up like that involves Jaejoong-sshi?” Eunhee said, her eyes widened at the possible arrangement. Ah Yeon can only chuckle as she can only imagine how flustered Eunhee with all the sudden ideas she has in mind.

“Ah… No, no of course not! Hanuel-sshi is only concern about how you should dress up for the party. Remember it’s a club right? It’s not a place to look like a princess or a darling or like your everyday get up, you should dress up according to the occasion.” Ah Yeon explained, hiding Hanuel’s true intention. Eunhee’s lips formed into an “O” shape while she nodded understandingly.

“So here’s the plan, we will go shopping after class? Is your brother coming?” Ah Yeon asked before hitting the corner. Eunhee turned around and was surprised to see no Taemin in sight. She frowned and scratched her head with her brother’s sudden disappearance. She sighed and just shrugged since it wasn’t actually the first time that it happened. They are only in their second week of school yet such incident happened 5 times already. It was an odd behavior for Taemin especially he almost never leaves Eunhee’s side but Eunhee just let it go since he wasn’t actually in danger whenever he leaves. Maybe it’s about time for them to focus and worry on different things (person) other than their twin sibling.

“Hmm? I guess he won’t be coming.” Eunhee muttered and followed Ah Yeon on her track.

 

---

Sun Hae Rin. That’s the name of the certain girl that has been distracting Taemin all these time. He first saw her playing at the college’s open field and by just listening to her music, he found himself longing for her each and every time.

Just like every day, Hae Rin decided to play in her free time and for today it was this morning since she doesn’t have any morning classes. She laid her guitar case open and pulled her guitar out. She then fixed its strap and carefully placed it around her shoulder. Gracefully, she started to strum the strings of her guitar and produced a set of harmonious melody. As the intro of the song passed, her soft voice was heard and with that a certain passer by halted and made his way to her.

From tailing his sister, Taemin’s attention was stolen by a familiar voice that he longs for. Seeing that her sister was busy talking to Ah Yeon, he swiftly took off. Taemin smiled as he saw Hae Rin not too far from the path he was walking to. He slowly walked towards the tree which was a few meters away from where Hae Rin stood. He smiled unknowingly as he listened to her sweet voice.

Actually that morning, Taemin’s morning class got cancelled. He actually knew it the day before but still he came to school with his sister assuming that Hae Rin might be playing her guitar somewhere around school (just like the first time he saw her, it was around this time of the day as well). And yes he was right.

Taemin wanted to come up to her and introduced himself but he doesn’t know how. This was actually the first time another person was able to catch his attention. Usually Taemin would only focus on his sister and nothing more. Aside from being shy about coming up into this certain girl, there was this fear creeping up to him. He was afraid that he might actually like this girl-- that if he come to know her better he might fall for her. Taemin knew that he can never be together with this girl because just like his sister Taemin will eventually be arranged to someone and be a seal to a business partnership. He knew it was still early to think about falling in love with this girl without even knowing her but that was actually the exact reason, he still hasn’t know this girl and yet she can already influence his life. He would never leave Eunhee without any word but he has been doing it for the past few days just because he heard her playing. See how different he has been acting?

“Taemin-ah!” Taemin has been so focused in watching Hae Rin that he didn’t noticed Hanuel calling out for him, not until Hanuel tackled him.

“Oh! Hannie-ah!” Taemin exclaimed as he looked down at Hanuel.

“I’ve called your name so many times!” Hanuel made a face and exclaimed.

“What are you doing here so early? Our morning class got cancelled right?” Hanuel questioned with a small from on her face.

“Ah… Ahmm… I decided to come with Eunhee.” Taemin answered trying to make up a sudden excused.

“How about you? Why are you here already?” Taemin asked Hanuel as his eyes leisurely travelled to where Hae Rin was but sadly she wasn’t there anymore.

Seeing his facial expression change, Hanuel can only laugh. Truthfully Hanuel has been watching Taemin from a far, she had witness the way Taemin watched the girl with much of interest.

“Wae?”

“Her name is Sun Hae Rin, she’s a scholar in my previous school.” Hanuel exclaimed with a smirk.

“Eh? Who?” Taemin tried to put on a poker face yet he miserably failed in doing it.

“The girl you’re staring at. Anyway! I’ll get going now, Eunhee’s class will start soon I have something to tell her.”

Taemin can only sigh as he can no longer deny it from Hanuel. He just hoped that she won’t tell Eunhee or else his sister won’t leave the issue.

---

Kim Hanuel stared blankly at her computer screen still waiting for a certain person to go online. She has been spending her whole Saturday afternoon doing so. She sighed helplessly as she read their last conversation which happened a month ago. There was nothing special about it if another normal person would read it but for Hanuel it’s something she treasures. In fact all those simple moments she shared with him were moments she would never trade for.

 It’s been 2 years since she last saw Jiyong, it was when Taemin and Eunhee turned 16. That night he apologized for not being able to come to Korea during her 16th birthday. They were inseparable that night, Jiyong won’t let go of her hand, he would bring her everywhere with him. Hanuel never complained in fact she enjoyed it very much. Hanuel has never told him but she loves him so much. Since they were children, she has always felt the same. She wished she has confessed what she felt before she left since after that week they never saw each other again. Hanuel never get the chance to see him again. Whenever she visits Los Angeles, Jiyong won’t be around. It was confusing but she still believed his reasons whenever he explains the wrong timing (some reasons were hard to believe but still she chose to just believe it rather than think that he’s lying to her).

Hanuel never get the chance to talk to him since last month. Oh how much she misses him. Though a part of her is telling her to just give up since he would always just disappear all of a sudden without any words, there was still a bigger part of her that tells her to just continue loving him from a far, believing that eventually he will come to notice her love for him.

“Hanuel dear, come out already. The Lees are already outside.” Hanuel heard her mother from the other side of her door. She immediately stood up from her seat and shut down her computer. She took a deep sigh and proceeded her way out.

As soon as she reached their front door, she tackled Eunhee with a tight hug. As soon as that was over and after greeting Taemin and their parents, Hanuel noticed the bag she has in hand. That reminded her that later that night they will attend JJ’s entertainment’s anniversary party and in that paper bag was spare clothes that Eunhee brought for the occasion.

“Is this really the dress we bought last Thursday?” Hanuel asked in a doubtful tone, trying to peek inside the slightly open paper bag.

“Of course it is.” Eunhee sighed in defeat. She doesn’t particularly despise the dress it’s just that it was way out of her comfort zone to wear such a dress.

“Good… Give that and your bags to the helpers. Let’s have some dinner.” Hanuel ordered the maids to fix things for her after that she led the Lees to the dining room.

Hanuel sat beside an empty seat which was allotted for Jaejoong. Across them were the twins (Hanuel facing Taemin, while Eunhee will face Jaejoong). On Eunhee and Hanuel’s right side were their mothers while their father sat across each other at the middle of the table.

It’s been ten minutes since the seven of them seated, having different conversation around the table, it seemed quite a nice sight but Woo Bin was actually annoyed by the situation. His eldest son was late; in fact he’s already twenty minutes late.

Woo Bin was just about to stand from his seat and call his son when they heard the front door opened. It was Jaejoong, he flawlessly went to the dining area and apologized for being late. Woo Bin nodded his head and gestured him to go to his seat. He was somehow pleased that Jaejoong showed proper manner and apologized.

“Now that Jaejoong’s here, how about let’s start our dinner.” Woo Bin announced. As soon as Jaejoong settled in, Woo Bin ordered the servers to serve the first course.

“May I just ask Jaejoong-shhi, what took you so long to arrive?” Lee Jung Ho, the twin’s father asked. Upon hearing the question Jaejoong stopped from eating and wiped his lips with the table napkin. He then answered…

“I’m sorry about that Mr. Lee but I actually had some things I have to settle in my company before leaving for this dinner. I hope you’ll forgive me for being late.” He said politely. It was surprising for Jaejoong to behave this much that’s why Woo Bin can’t help but question his behavior. However, Woo Bin would rather have him be like this than his usual self, but just in case Woo Bin decided to test how far his son can behave.

“I told you to clear your schedule, didn’t I?” Kim Woo Bin exclaimed, glancing up to his son, trying to pull his nerve. He managed to catch Jaejoong’s hand formed into a fist but other than that he simply took a deep breath and smiled.

“I’m sorry father, it was unexpected.” Jaejoong answered.

Sensing that the conversation across the table was becoming unpleasant, Hanuel decided to step in and somehow brighten up the mood, knowing what exactly to say.

“Don’t worry father I’m sure Jaejoong-oppa doesn’t mean to be late and plus he’s only doing his best preparing for the 2nd anniversary of his company.” Hanuel exclaimed. Seeing her father’s reaction Hanuel immediately added…

“Jaejoong-oppa, invited Eunhee as well. Sadly Taemin-ah has other plans. But still I’m sure it will be fun!” Upon hearing Eunhee’s name, Woo Bin smiled and nodded his head.

“You take care of your sister and FIANCE then.” Woo Bin turned to Jaejoong, emphasizing the word ‘fiance’. Jaejoong simply nodded as he focused on his food.

Throughout dinner, the Lees and the Kims talked about the engagement that will soon be formalized. They have decided that the engagement party will happen on the last week of April which is just 6 weeks later. Jaejoong didn’t say anything at all as if that would make any difference. He just went through it since he doesn’t want to ruin his evening. He has to be in a good mood for the sake of his company’s anniversary.

---

“Hannie-ah! I still think this dress is too short!” Eunhee complained for the nth time. She was pulling her dress down as if it would make it longer. Eunhee wore a one shoulder red mini dress that perfectly fitted her body, hugging it tightly, making her curves easier to be seen.

“Aish! It looks fine! Look mine is just as short. It’s not like it’s your first time wearing a short dress.” Hanuel exclaimed as she pulled Eunhee to sit in front of her dresser so she can start putting make up on Eunhee’s face.

“Well, it’s too tight!!” Eunhee complained once again.

“It’s not. It perfectly fits you.” Hanuel assured Eunhee once again and held her in place. She ordered Eunhee to sit still while she fixed her make-up. Hanuel made a few here and there, after a whole 20 minutes Eunhee’s make-up was done. Her eyes were shimmering in smoky eye shadow and were ily shaped with eyeliner and of course her lashes were curled perfectly into shape. Her lips were tinted in red (not too bright red) and her cheeks were highlighted with the perfect shade of blush. After doing Eunhee’s make-up, Hanuel proceed on doing hers. She shaped her eyes into a cat like shape and tinting her lips in yet elegant shade. It perfectly matched her simply black halter dress. It wasn’t as tight as Eunhee’s but her beautiful body figure can still be easily seen.

“Come on let’s go!” Hanuel pulled Eunhee out of the room, not giving her the chance to look at herself.

To their surprised, Taemin was waiting outside of Hanuel’s room. As soon as he saw what her sister was wearing he immediately deadly glares at Hanuel.

“What do you think you’re wearing?” Taemin exclaimed, trying to pull her sister from Hanuel’s grip.

“What?! She looks awesome! Just let go Taemin-ah! We have to leave.” Hanuel exclaimed and pulled harder. It caught Taemin off-guard that it actually made him let go of her Eunhee’s arm. Hanuel ran downstairs, dragging Eunhee along with her.

“I’m sorry Taemin-oppa!” Eunhee managed to say before she and Hanuel completed disappear from his sight.

Taemin plans to follow them but that idea soon disappeared as soon as he heard his father calling for him. That night Taemin was forced to accompany his father in some business related issues, maybe his father will already tell him the list of his potential fiancés.

---

“Jaejoong-oppa said he will be waiting by the entrance.” Hanuel said to her now in dazed friend.

“Yaaah! Earth to Eunhee!” Hanuel shook Eunhee harder.

“Wae?” Eunhee confusedly stated.

“Aish! Stop worrying okay! Ah! Ah Yeon-ah and the others are already there.” Hanuel exclaimed, getting more excited that she already was.

As soon they stepped out of the car, the two girls heard and felt the music pumping inside the club they were starting at. They were then greeted by five of their friends by the entrance.

“Eunhee-ah! Hanuel-ah!” Ah Yeon called out. She was wearing an one-shoulder silver sequin dress under the coat covering her shoulders. It must have been Onew’s since his outfit incomplete without the coat that Ah Yeon was wearing.

“Oh! You’re here already! Wait I’ll just text Jaejoong oppa!” Hanuel exclaimed and quickly grabbed her phone from her clutch. Soon enough Jaejoong came out of the club, looking as gorgeous as always.

Jaejoong cannot count anymore how many times Eunhee surprised him. Just like the day he fetched her in the airport, his eyes were all over her. He gaped a little, almost not believing that Eunhee can actually dress like how she dresses for this night. If it were not for those familiar shy eyes and smile, he wouldn’t have known that it was her. Fortunately before any of Hanuel and her friends noticed his presence he was able to compose himself.

“Let’s go?” Jaejoong asked as he gestured them to come in, making sure his eyes won’t travel to Eunhee’s direction.

The seven friends were stunned as soon as they entered, aside from the loud music and dancing neon lights, they were blown away by the number of celebrities inside.

“Ah~! Is—Is that Jessica-sshi?” Onew head followed the lady who just passed them. Immediately he felt Ah Yeon hitting his head.

“Oh! Oh! Park Bom!” Jonghyun excitedly exclaimed and pointed at the girl by the bar.

“Aish! Put your fingers down, it’s embarrassing!” Key reprimanded, grabbing Jonghyun’s hand from its earlier position.

“Ah… So you don’t have fangirls friends but you have fanboys… ohhh.. Way to go Hannie-ah.” Jaejoong chuckled as he witnessed how silly the guys were, for looking aimlessly around.

“I’ll be going around, just enjoy alright?” Jaejoong exclaimed to his little sister as he ruffled her hair which she complained at.

---

The night got deeper. Everyone found their own spot in the party, enjoying the company of each other. But among everyone a couple was given the chance (forced actually) to have their private moment, which everyone approved of or maybe planned off.

Eunhee and Jaejoong found themselves inside a tight empty janitor closet after being pushed by everyone. The space was so small that Jaejoong has to put his arms behind Eunhee to make both of them comfortable. They were standing face to face, close enough to feel each other’s breathing.

Jaejoong cursed his sister and friends (namely Yunho, Yoochun, Changmin, Junsu and Seungri) for setting him up in this position. 7 minutes in heaven is such a stupid game… he thought. He was deep in his thought, trying to control himself and the beating of his heart when he felt Eunhee moved. By instinct her movement made Jaejoong to look at her. He was surprised to see her looking directly at him. Thanks to the small light creeping on the top of the closet door, Jaejoong can still see her features. He was caught off guard (yet again) but despite that he stared back at her, he wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol in his system or his true desire that gave him the courage to do such action. His heart rate became faster as he stared at her innocent eyes then slowly it lowered to her soft lips, that made him unconsciously his own. He felt her taking a deep breath and closing her eyes maybe it was her way to relax herself but for Jaejoong it was torture.

5 minutes left…

‘Damn it.’ Jaejoong cursed but let his desires took over, he can blame the situation and alcohol for it.

Eunhee closed her eyes, trying to compose herself. She can no longer stare at him because she might not be able to stop herself from acting out her desire. Of course it’s obvious she’s attracted to him, heck she loves the guy.

Her breath was taken away when she felt a pair of soft lips touching hers. Her closed eyes were now wide open and once it opened she saw nothing but Jaejoong’s closed eyes. For a moment she forgot what was happening and just adored the soft expression he has on. She realized that it was the guy she fell in love with, the soft and caring Kim Jaejoong who was hiding all these time under his strong façade (because he was afraid he will belittled once he showed his gentleness). Without realizing she began to kiss him back. Her lips moved gently along with his. Happy with her response, Jaejoong took the kiss to another level; he began to deepen it, nibbling her lower lip, demanding for access in which she allowed him to. His right hand travelled from her back to the nape of her neck while Eunhee arms tightened around his waist. Pulling out because they have to breathe, Jaejoong’s lips moved to her neck, leaving trace of kisses around that area. As soon as he was sure that Eunhee has taken enough oxygen in her body, he went back to capture her lips and they continued on.

“Times up!” Hanuel exclaimed, knocking on the closet’s door. Few of them waited for their exit, but nothing came. Being impatient, Hanuel opened the door, shocking the hell out of the couple. Immediately they repelled like magnets with same charges. Eunhee stepped out of the closet flustered. Jaejoong was in the same state until his friends tackled him.

“Aaaah!! As expected from hyung!!” Junsu exclaimed and the others around them cheered.

Jaejoong followed Eunhee who was now making her distance. Her expression was heartbreaking but still he answered Junsu with pride.

“Of course! Who’s next?” Jaejoong shouted over the crowd, checking out the girls that surrounds him.

Her heart shuttered upon hearing his reaction. She can’t explain what she was feeling but she was broken. She blamed herself for falling for his scheme; of course that kiss was nothing serious to him, why would it be? He was her fiancé not because he loves her it was because he was forced into it. It was her own fault for believing that she can turn this fate of hers and make it blossom things like love.

Her emotion slowly became too overwhelming for her and she began to cry. Her eyes were like water works; they cannot stop from tearing up. Before anyone can see her crying, she ran outside.

Of course Hanuel was watching Eunhee since she caught her kissing her brother. Seeing Eunhee crying, she felt guilt eating her up. It was not in her plan. This wasn’t the result she was expecting. Disappointed, Hanuel pulled Jaejoong from his friends.

“I know you don’t like her but don’t play with her feelings! I know it’s my fault for constantly trying to fix you up but I was only hoping for you to see that Eunhee deserves to be treated well and for you to realize how lucky you are for having her!” Hanuel hissed and sent death glares to her brother.

Jaejoong swore it was the first time Hanuel looked at him like that. He has never seen her this angry. Hanuel walked away, following Eunhee’s steps.

--

Yeay! That's chapter 5, longer than my usual update
well it was supposedly longer but I got lazy and
decided to save the other scenes for the next chapter. 
So tell me what you think about it ne? Do leave a comment ne? 
Thank you for those who left a comment! ^^v

btw! I changed my poster as well, I think this one is much better... :D 

p.s not proofread as usual! :D

Yui dea~! 
12-03-13