02 | Silly Thinking

Tied by Fate

Chapter 2

Silly Thinking

 

It has been 5 years since Eunhee came to visit Korea, she felt quite nervous with such fact. It has been a long flight home and yet she really can't sleep properly. Every hour she would wake up and felt anxious of what might happen when she arrives.

Seeing her sister being bothered yet again Taemin put an arm around her and pulled her closer. Eunhee rested her head comfortably on her brother's chest while he caressed her head lightly.

"Don't worry too much okay?" Taemin whispered to his twin sister. Though they were twins he has always been the one taking care of her like how an older brother does. He knew how innocent and nice her sister is, so he never wanted for it to be taken advantage by anyone. They were always together and he always guided and protected her. Taemin was very much aware how fragile her sister is, she’s too innocent and sometimes people even call her naïve. She has this very peculiar way of thinking and point of view that most of the time she only bothers to see the positive side of a situation. Taemin never understood why his sister was like that but he actually loves that side of her. She’s like a child who only sees the world as a paradise, a place where everything is right and if it’s not (right) hoping that someday it will be.

“What if he doesn’t like to see me?” Eunhee looked at her brother with a little frown on her face. Seeing such facial reaction, Taemin can’t help but raise a brow at her.

“You’re worried about that?” He retorted and chuckled.

“What?” Eunhee innocently exclaimed.

“Who wouldn’t like to see you? Whenever there are gatherings and you’re not around people ask for you, unlike me. No one really cares whether I’m there or not.” Taemin answered which made her sister smile a little.

“Well, because even if you’re there you don’t usually talk to them.” Eunhee leaned back to see her brother’s face. She pinched his nose which made him laugh a little.

“Because I do not like to pretend” Taemin replied using his fingers to quote the word ‘pretend’. Taemin, unlike his twin sister sees a different side of the world. It’s funny how Eunhee can see the positive sides of things and he would see the opposite. Eunhee would easily trust people but Taemin doesn’t. Though they look alike their personality and perception totally differs from one another. 

“No one says you should pretend” Eunhee exclaimed.

“So I should just shove people away then?” Taemin answered back, raising a brow again.

“No, just be nice” Eunhee replied, frowning at how stubborn her brother is.

“Then, I would be pretending. You know I hate gatherings especially almost all the people we meet there are nothing but selfish socialites, especially people our age.” Taemin said. This time Eunhee did nothing but sigh, though she’s optimistic she still knows that the world they are in is different. She just believes that people has their own ‘good’ reason for acting the way they act (selfish at times).

“Just take a rest okay? We’re only a few hours away.” Taemin exclaimed and pulled his sister closer. He kissed her forehead and he too closed his eyes to get some sleep.

--

Eunhee and Taemin are already 15 years old. It has been 5 years since Eunhee accepted the fact that she would marry one of the finest bachelors of Korea. She can still remember how he smiled at her when she got lost at the Kim’s mansion and how he guided her back to her parents. Throughout the year (even though she lives in Los Angeles) she heard a lot of news about Kim Jaejoong especially his mischief and obnoxious series of acts but that doesn’t change the fact that Eunhee believes that she was arranged to him for a reason. She actually believes that Kim Jaejoong was a nice and warm person underneath his hard exterior. Those smiles he offered her at their first meeting was genuine, there’s no doubt about it. With such mentality, Eunhee trained herself to become the best wife a young bachelor could ever wish for. She learned how to manage a household (especially cooking), she also learned how their business worked and though she’s still young she became aware of the roles of a wife.

The twins along with their parents came back to Korea to attend the 16th birthday of Kim Hanuel, Jaejoong’s little sister and the only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Lim’s most trusted business partners. It will be held the night after the day they will arrive.

Though they live in different countries Eunhee and Hanuel were actually very good friends. In fact after Hanuel came back to Korea, they promised to never lose contact. They would talk every week (3-5 times a week) on skype or just chatting on facebook. Though they were separated the two of them only got closer.

--

The day of the party finally arrived, with nervousness taking over her body, Eunhee held her brother’s arm tightly. Feeling the tension from her sister, Taemin didn’t miss to calming her by caressing the hand that was holding his arm. He then gave his sister a warm smile which she appreciated. Eunhee and Taemin walked inside the event room along with their parents. They were then led by the ushers to their seats which were at the same table as the celebrant’s family.

Eunhee wore a white cocktail dress with gold beadings. She accessorized herself with gold and silver bangles and a simple pair of dangled earrings. Her brother on the other hand was clothed in a simple yet elegant black and gold tuxedo.

The party took place at the finest hotel of the Kim’s corporation. They occupied the biggest function room that can occupy 500+ people. In fact the said function room was beside the garden and pool area (which was also used for the event).

Slowly more people arrived, later on the Lees were joined by the Kims (except their children) and the program finally started. The music was lowered when the host finally announced the arrival of the celebrant. The lights were then dimmed and a spotlight was focused on the huge staircase at the left side of the dance floor. A sweet melody was then played by the pianist and everyone turned their attention to the young lady that came out. Hanuel slowly walked down the stairs with her beloved brother. Though Hanuel looked very stunning in her white and peach ball gown that was designed with delicate embroidery and 3d flowers that night (also that night was actually hers), Eunhee cannot seem to avert her attention from the guy escorting her friend. There he is, Kim Jaejoong looking very gorgeous in his white and silver tuxedo. He certainly looked like a prince charming from all those fairytale books Eunhee has been reading when she was a child.

Kim Jaejoong was now a 23 year old bachelor. He was currently in his final year of college, though he hasn’t been training under his father yet his parents already had a property set for him as his training grounds when he graduates.

Hanuel had a huge smile on her face, like a beauty queen she was waving at her large audience. On the other hand her older brother had a very serious expression; it seemed that he doesn’t enjoy all the attention he was getting. It’s not like he doesn’t want to be there, in fact he loves the idea that it was him that was walking with his sister but the fact that soon enough, later that evening he will be forced by his parents to mingle with different people he doesn’t care about. He was also sure that later that night he will be obligated to accompany a certain young lady that he hasn’t seen for 5 years. Oh how he hated the way his life is going.

Just as expected Hanuel went around the room and entertained almost every guest. As soon as that was over, she and her brother took a seat on their table where her closest friend awaited her. Seeing her approaching, Eunhee stood from her seat and opened her arms to welcome Hanuel with a warm hug.

“Oh my god! I’m sooooo glad you were able to come!” Hanuel exclaimed, almost squealing as she hugged Eunhee tightly.

“Of course I wouldn’t miss this for anything!” Eunhee was able to say.

“Dear, dear don’t squish her too much, she can barely speak!” Mrs. Kim chuckled, seeing her only daughter getting so excited.

“Oh yes, yes mother. I should act primed and proper today.” Hanuel finally let go and fixed herself. She plastered yet again a very sweet smile.

“Oh! Taemin-ah!” This time Hanuel focused on Eunhee’s timid twin brother while Eunhee had a little stare game with Hanuel’s older brother.

Jaejoong can’t believe his eyes that the kid he knew before was finally blossoming into a fine lady. She was so pretty he cannot deny that. She looked elegant, classy and poised. He swore his heart flattered when she shyly smiled at him. But of course as stubborn and childish it may sound, Jaejoong can’t accept the fact that maybe (just maybe) his parents did the right choice on arranging his marriage for him. He doesn’t want to just walk into their plans as always. Instead of greeting her, Jaejoong rolled his eyes and looked away from the 15 year old.

‘Huh, she’s still just a kid.’ Jaejoong said in his mind.

‘Eh? She’s so cute.’ He exclaimed in his mind again when he glanced back at her and saw her slightly pouting/sulking when he ignored her. He frowned a little and hit his head lightly for thinking such thing.

“You’ve grown up into a very fine man, Jaejoong-ah.” Mrs. Lee commented on Jaejoong in which he simply nodded to.

“And Jae don’t you think Eunhee-ah just became even prettier that she’s now all grown up?” This time it was Mrs. Kim who praised Eunhee. Eunhee simply blushed and thanked Mrs. Kim. Jaejoong on the other hand only answered.

“She’s still the same.” Eunhee won’t lie. She actually got disappointed with his comment. He sounded really uninterested at her.

Seeing such awkward situation, Hanuel stepped in and pulled her brother into the dance floor where they dance elegantly in the sweet melody.

“What was that all about oppa?” Hanuel frowned at her brother who simply shrugged at her.

“She’s a kid. What do you want me to do? To magically fall in love with your friend all of a sudden? I’m not a e alright?” Jaejoong retorted. Hanuel’s jaw dropped at how childish his brother was acting right now.

“You’re the one who’s acting like a kid. Whether you like it or not he’s your fiancé and you should treat her nicely. She’s my friend oppa, I don’t want her to be hurt by anyone especially you.” Hanuel exclaimed at his brother and walked out of him but before she could go any farther, Jaejoong grabbed her.

“I’m sorry alright? It’s just that, it’s impossible for me to fall for her. She’s absolutely not the type of girl I go for.” Jaejoong tried to explain to her sister. “This is not what I want alright?” He added.

“This is not what she wanted too but she’s actually trying to get to know you despite all the bad things she has been hearing about you. So you should do the same too.” Hanuel replied and left her brother speechless for a few minutes. He can’t believe that he was actually being preached by his younger sister. 

Jaejoong glanced back at the innocent girl again and caught her staring at him. Once she realized that she was caught by him, she immediately turned away and focused on her food. He sighed and shook his head. ‘Impossible’ the only word he can describe his situation at the moment.

---

The birthday program went on; Hanuel had her dances and special performances. She really had a great night but one thing disappointed her that night and it was the absence of one person. He was her childhood friend, his name was Kwon Jiyong. Jiyong grew up with Hanuel, Eunhee and Taemin back in Los Angeles in fact he was still living there. But it has been 3 years since Hanuel decided to go back and live with her brother and since then she never saw him. They did chat and talk every now and then but still it was different than before.

Finally, Hanuel was able to sit and talk to her best friend. Immediately Eunhee knew what was bothering her and so she spoke.

“He sends you his best regards. Here, he wanted me to personally give this to you.” Eunhee then pulled a small box from her clutch and handled it to Hanuel with care. Hanuel opened the box excitedly and was so touched when she saw an elegant, silver angel wing pavement necklace. She pulled it out of the box and was surprised when a small piece of paper fell. She immediately picked it up and read it.

‘Happy 16th birthday, I’m so sorry I can’t come. But I promise to see you soon. I miss you my little angel.’ Hanuel was on the verge of crying already. She was so touched by the short message. Jiyong has always been like that. He never failed to make her feel so special even in simplest way possible.

“I miss you too oppa.” Hanuel hugged the necklace near her heart and whispered.

---

The night got deeper and the party got livelier, the parents were already outside having their own little world, while the younger generation took over the dance floor. Hanuel had already changed from her ball gown into her sequenced black cocktail dress. She can now move a lot better. She grabbed her best friend’s hand and pulled her towards the dance floor. They were dancing freely in the upbeat music when she was able to capture a glance of his brother drinking with his friends by the bar and were flirting with some girls. She made a face with the scene and decided to stop such event from happening. Surprising Eunhee, Hanuel pulled her again and this time towards the bar.

“Eh? We’re under age, you wanna drink?” Eunhee confusedly exclaimed. Hanuel looked back at her with a smirk instead.

“No, we’re only getting what is supposed to be yours.” She then gave Eunhee a wink, which confused the innocent girl more.

Jaejoong saw his little sister approaching that made him immediately remove his hand from the waist of the girl sitting next to him. He lifted a brow at her and still she continued to approach him with a huge smile. Seeing his face, Jaejoong’s four friends looked at the direction of his gaze. They waved eagerly at Hanuel and congratulated her for turning 16.

“Hanuel-ah! You really look stunning tonight. A really hot 16 years old.” Junsu winked at Hanuel which Hanuel only laughed at. There’s no way in the world she’s going to fall for that. Hearing Junsu’s words, Jaejoong gave him a sharp glare and hit his head.

“That’s my sister you’re talking to.” He sneered at him. Junsu only laughed and apologized.

“Oppa! Eunhee said she wanted to dance with you.” Hanuel exclaimed, pulling Eunhee behind her. Literally, Eunhee’s jaw dropped, her eyes circled and she froze on the spot.

Jaejoong’s friends immediately by giving him nudges and cheers while he only raised a brow at Hanuel and stared at Eunhee from head to toe. 

“Hyung! She’s really pretty!” Junsu exclaimed again and yet again received a hit from Jaejoong. The girls that surrounded them immediately frowned, giving Eunhee some dirty looks. They don’t like the idea that the guys’ attention was being stolen by a teenager.

“No seriously she is. She’s your fiancé isn’t she?” Yunho exclaimed and like a gentleman he introduced himself and grabbed Eunhee’s hand and kissed it. The girls’ jaw dropped upon hearing such news, especially the girl that was flirting with Jaejoong. Jaejoong slightly turned to the girl next to her and whispered something to her that made her giggle a little. Seeing such scene Hanuel faked a cough and gave her brother a very meaningful look.

“Naaah… It seemed that she doesn’t want to dance with me. It’s all your idea Hannie.” Jaejoong exclaimed and sighed, looking at the still shocked Eunhee. Jaejoong was about to turned away and look at the girl beside him (who was apparently kept on trying to get his attention again), he saw Eunhee shook her head.

“No, Jaejoong-sshi if it’s alright with you, I would like to dance with you.” Eunhee shyly exclaimed. Hanuel squealed and immediately ran towards the DJ. Jaejoong then received different pushes from his friends who actually liked the idea of teasing him. He gave them short glares but sighed and walked beside Eunhee. He put a hand on her back and guided her towards the dance floor. As soon as they stepped on the dance floor, the music changed into a very sweet one. Jaejoong rolled his eyes and looked at his sister who apparently plotted the whole thing. Hanuel gave her brother a huge grin and two thumbs up. He sighed and decided to go along; it was his sister’s night he doesn’t like to disappoint her.

Jaejoong swayed his fiancé along with the music. She had one hand on his shoulder and the other was holding his hand. It was just the typical dance form but it was enough for Eunhee to feel nervous, her heart was beating so fast. This has been the closest she had been with him and she was contented with it. Jaejoong finally turned his attention to the girl in front her. She was smiling warmly at him. For a second, he was caught off guard and automatically smiled at her. There’s something in her smile that you just can’t stop yourself from doing the same. It was so genuine, no sign of fakeness. She didn’t smile to look cute, she smiled to express herself. There’s nothing fake about this girl.

Jaejoong was drowned by the way she looked at him. He felt like he was being pulled by her but before their face could get any closer Jaejoong was alarmed by the change on Eunhee’s expression. He then realized that he was only 2 inches away from her face. He immediately pulled back and scratched the back of his head. He was confused. Why did he do that?

Eunhee’s face turned as bright as a marzano tomato. As Jaejoong got closer the harder it was for her to breathe. She swore for a moment that her heart stopped from functioning. Why did he do that?

There was an awkward silence between the two. The song ended and almost automatically Jaejoong let go of her and thanked her for the dance. He exited the room and was followed by his confused (yet amused) friends, they even left the girls they were flirting with. Eunhee on the other hand was grabbed by her twin brother.

“What was that all about?” Taemin exclaimed, pulling his sister from the crowd.

“OMG!!! EUNHEE!!” Hanuel ran towards her friend and shook her with excitement.

“For a moment I thought he was going to kiss you!” Hanuel exclaimed almost squealing, yet again Eunhee turned scarlet red.

‘I thought so too.’ Eunhee thought and glanced at her fiancé. He was currently talking (well it looked like they are actually making fun of him) with his friends.

---

“Dude! I thought—“ Junsu put an arm around his friend but he was immediately cut off by him.

“Don’t! Don’t you ever say it!” Jaejoong gave his friend a sharp look and pushed him away. There was silence for a while until Yoochun broke it.

“We thought you’re going to kiss her!” Just like that the four of his friend laughed at him, they knew he’s going to be so pissed.

“Shut up!” Jaejoong exclaimed and gave them another sharp look still no one stopped.

“Why are you so affected?! It’s sooo funny!” Changmin exclaimed in between his laughs.

“It’s not like you’ve never kissed anyone.” Yunho added, though he still can’t get over at Jaejoong’s nervous reaction with what he did earlier Yunho was somehow curious on why did he even reacted like that.

“You’ve kissed like a hundred of girls already!” Junsu retorted.

“Shut up.” Jaejoong mumbled and took a deep breath. He doesn’t even understand himself. He was a player, why is he being so captivated by this 15 year old girl worse she can even make him nervous at some point.

As soon as the guys got tired of making fun of him, they went back inside the party and continued their flirting and drinking. Jaejoong was apparently looking for something or someone yet he can’t point out what/who was it (yes he’s still in denial). He was able to get a glance of his sister and surprisingly she was not with her best friend anymore. He shrugged and hit himself again when the thought of Eunhee came across his mind. Taking another shot of whisky, he turned to the girl beside him and continued to flirt with her.

He didn’t know that the next time she will see her again. He will be blown away.

----

 Here's the second chapter! I hope you enjoy it! Please do leave a comment
because I really appreaciate them! Plus I might update faster! *wink* *wink*
BTW! I don't know how many chapters this fic will be but I think 
it won't be that long. :)) 

(p.s: Not proofread as usual!)

 

Yui dea~! 

10-16-13