04 | New Fresh Faces

Tied by Fate

Chapter 4

New Fresh Faces

 

The morning light hit her sleeping face as it got through the small opening of the curtained window. She tried to roll over the bed to avoid the light and continue her peaceful sleep but just as she was able to find a comfortable position her alarm clock rang. Eunhee groaned grumpily and roll to the other side of the bed where the alarm clock was placed. She laid her back flatly on the bed and stared at the ceiling for a while. If there's anything unlady-like about Eunhee it's the fact that she wakes up in a very sloppy manner. She can wake up in the morning but it should be her own will or else you'll get a grumpy Eunhee which no one ever liked. 

She let go of a few sighs but as soon as she remembered what day it was, her lips slowly curled up into a smile. She stood up from her bed and skipped her way to the bathroom. 

As soon as she was done preparing, Eunhee went down the stairs and met her twin brother in the dining area. She wore a simple green dress that was cut just a few inches above her knees. Taemin smiled, knowing how her sister loves to wear dresses or shorts despite the cold weather.

“You have to wear something over that.” Taemin exclaimed, staring at his sisters bare shoulders. He then glanced back to his cup of coffee and continued to drink on it.

“Yes, oppa.” Eunhee exclaimed and ordered one of her maids to get her gray cardigan upstairs.

“Yah know how cold it can be in the afternoon.” Taemin exclaimed again while Eunhee giggled at his remark.

“You sound like father.” Eunhee exclaimed while shaking her head. She saw Taemin rolled his eyes but she ignored it and proceed to eating her breakfast.

---

Soon enough the twins arrived at Seoul International University, Taemin pulled over his car at the wide parking lot in front of the said university. He then guided his sister out of the car. As soon as Eunhee stepped out of the car she heard her name being called out. She immediately turned to her left and saw Hanuel jumping out of her brother’s car. For a moment, Eunhee met Jaejoong’s eyes and that was enough for her to have butterflies in her stomach. She looked down as she cannot contain her abnormal heart rate.

“Eunnie!!” Hanuel exclaimed as she hugged the preoccupied Eunhee. As soon as Hanuel realized what took Eunhee’s attention, a huge grin appeared on her face.

“Oppa!! Eunhee says hi!” Hanuel exclaimed still holding on to Eunhee.

“Ah! Hi!” Eunhee exclaimed without looking at him. She was red all of a sudden, not wanting to be embarrassed more she pushed Hanuel lightly and walked away, not even giving Jaejoong respond.

Jaejoong on the other hand unconsciously smiled as he saw how cutely Eunhee got embarrassed. Maybe without even knowing, he’s yearning to get to know her—even in a simple way of observing her. As soon as he realized what he was doing, he shook his head and drove away.

“Oiii! Eunnie!!” Hanuel ran after her best friend as she laughed away, while Taemin followed them in a distance.

“Sorry Eunnie! Oh come on, I know you can’t resist me!” Hanuel exclaimed, Eunhee turned to her and saw her pouting her way out in which she succeeded.

“Aiiish! That’s still embarrassing you know!” Eunhee pouted as she remembered how flustered she had become a little while ago.

“You look cute! I caught him smiling while watching you.” Hanuel wiggled her eyebrow as she observe Eunhee’s facial expression change—from a frown to a soft smile.

“Aissh!! You really like him!” Hanuel exclaimed, making Eunhee red again.

“Shut up Hannie! I’ll go to my class now, you keep on teasing me!” Eunhee exclaimed as she tried to walk away but instead she was pulled by her twin brother who she forgot for a moment.

“Where’s your class I’ll send you there.” Taemin stated as a protective brother that he is. But instead of receiving the answer he wanted Eunhee said otherwise.

“No need oppa, our buildings are too far apart. I can handle myself you know.” Eunhee smiled at him while pushing him towards Hanuel. The two of them surprisingly have the same classes, well they have the same course.

“Eunhee-ah.” Taemin tried to protest but lost as Hanuel pulled him with her. They went the opposite direction where Eunhee ran to.

“Does she even have to run?” Taemin sighed as he watched his twin sister away from him.

“Well you’re being too protective yah know, Eunhee’s not that naïve.” Hanuel patted Taemin’s shoulder and led him to their building.

“She might join the wrong crowd.” Taemin pouted, following Hanuel’s lead.

“Again, she’s not that naïve.”Hanuel exclaimed, rolling her eyes.

“Can’t blame me, this is the first time we will be apart.” Taemin said. Hanuel heart felt pain as she stared at Taemin’s sad eyes. He was so used to Eunhee’s presence that it saddens him whenever they are apart—what saddened him more was the thought of Eunhee not feeling the same thing.

“Don’t worry, you’re still in the same campus.” Hanuel exclaimed. Slowly Taemin smiled at her.

“Don’t underestimate your sister too much. She has her own fire within her. She can handle things herself.” Hanuel winked at Taemin and entered their classroom first.

---

Eunhee stared at the piece of paper she has in hand in where the location of her classes was stated. She checked the name of the classroom one more time before she entered. There were quite a number of students already, she felt nervous all of the sudden as the idea of not knowing anyone sank in. She took a deep breath and wished for Taemin’s presence. She bit her lower lip as she looked around the room, searching for a good seat to sit on. Eunhee was about to take her first step when someone bumped her from behind. If it wasn’t for the person who caught her shoulders, she must have hit the floor already.

“Yaah! She’s standing in front of you, are you blind?!” The person who caught Eunhee exclaimed. Eunhee looked up and realized it was girl who spoke. Eunhee immediately stood properly and bowed her head in gratitude. The lady in front of her simply smiled at her but slowly her face turned again into a frown as she looked back at the person who bumped Eunhee.

“Ah—Ah--! I’m so sorry, I was in a hurry.” The girl exclaimed bowing her head repeatedly.

“Does that make you blind? Tsk.” The lady who helped Eunhee mumbled as she rolled her eyes in boredom.

“No, it’s alright. I’m sure it was an accident.” Eunhee waved her hands as she politely forgave the girl.

“By the way, thank you for catching me. I would have hit the floor, face first if it wasn’t for you.” Eunhee then turned to the other girl and smiled. For a second the girl was caught off guard by the way Eunhee spoke and smiled at her. She was like an angel, shining brightly in front of her. Her smile also reminded the girl of someone which in a few minutes Eunhee will meet.

“Ahhh… You’re welcome.” The girl exclaimed as she bowed lightly, still in awe.

“By the way I’m Lee Eun Hee.” Eunhee introduced herself and offered a hand, secretly hoping that she will make a friend.

“Jung Ah Yeon…” Ah Yeon took her hand and shook it. Eunhee looked at her for a while, making sure she remembers how she looked like. Ah Yeon was lean and a few inches taller than her. Her eyes were small and chinky but were looked bigger thanks to her thick eyeliner. She has a small nose and pair of pouty lips. Her hair was in shade of burgundy which made her look edgier. In first look (and with their first encounter) Eunhee can assume that Ah Yeon has a strong personality but she was sure enough that she has a soft spot somewhere within her.

“Thank you again Ah Yeon- sshi.” Eunhee exclaimed and smiled genuinely.

“How about you sit with us? Do you know anyone here?” Ah Yeon exclaimed nicely. Eunhee almost immediately shook her head.

 “You see I just came back from USA, I grew up there so I’m quite new here.” Eunhee explained in which Ah Yeon nodded into.

“Then join us.” Ah Yeon smiled and pulled Eunhee with her.

Eunhee was led by Ah Yeon on the right side of the classroom which was beside the windows. Ah Yeon sat on the seat next to the window while she patted the chair next to her. Eunhee immediately followed and sat on it. Ah Yeon then turned her attention to the guy behind her. He has brown shaded hair and eyes that shines brightly as he smiles. He’s a very charming guy, undeniably.

“Eunhee-sshi, this is Lee Jinki but everybody calls him Onew.” Ah Yeon introduced her friend who smiled brightly at Eunhee. This is the person Ah Yeon remembered when Eunhee smiled at her. Their smile has the same effect on people. It can make another person smile unknowingly.

“He’s my bestfriend as well.” Ah Yeon added.

“Nice to meet you Onew-sshi, I’m Lee Eunhee.” Eunhee politely exclaimed.

“Ah~! Nice to meet you too Eunhee-sshi.”

Ah Yeon stared at Eunhee for a while, maybe the reason why she liked her almost immediately was because of the person behind her. Onew and Eunhee have the same feel to them, a feel that can make Ah Yeon feel lighter and relaxed. She smiled, knowing that her college life can somehow be interesting.

---

Lunch time came and Hanuel found herself sitting in the cafeteria with Taemin and their new found friends. Hanuel yawned for the nth time as she rested her head on the table.

"Aren't you going to eat Hanuel-sshi?" Jonghyun, Hanuel's blonde new friend exclaimed.

"Naaah. I'm going to wait for Eunhee. Aiiishh! What's taking her so long?" Hanuel exclaimed and cutely pouted, which made the other guys laughed (except for one-- Taemin)

"I've tried calling her but she doesn't pick up." Taemin has a frown on his face as he repeatedly twirled his phone in his hand.

"Should I pick her up?" Taemin sighed and worriedly looked at Hanuel who was about to nod but her name was called by a familiar voice that she knew very well. Both of them turned and saw Eunhee waving at them excitedly. Behind her were two strangers, a guy who has a soft smile on his face and a girl who has a straight face on.

Seeing his sister approaching, Taemin stood up and engulfed her in a hug. Hanuel hugely grinned as she saw their three new friends' jaws drop.

"They're twins." Hanuel whispered and as soon as the three heard it they nodded understandingly.

"Omooo. Oppa, it's only been hours since we separated." Eunhee exclaimed as she pulled away from her twin brother.

"Why aren't you answering my calls? Is it that hard to pick it up?" Taemin scolded Eunhee who simply smiled at him.

"Sorry Taemin-ah but I didn't notice my phone." Eunhee exclaimed and turned, Taemin pouted as he saw her sister being unaffected at all.

"Anyway, I made new friends." Eunhee exclaimed as she grabbed the two persons behind her.

"This is Lee Onew and this is Jung Ah Yeon!" Eunhee said, excitement was too apparent in her voice. Eunhee doesn't have much friends since they move a lot so the idea that she might be able to make a good relationship with these two made her really happy.

"Ah Yeon-sshi, Onew-sshi, this is Lee Taemin my twin brother and this is my bestfriend Kim Hanuel." Eunhee exclaimed once again as she pointed at the two. Seeing the three new faces sitting along with her friends, Eunhee genuinely smiled at them (which made the three blushed immediately).

"Ah~ Eunhee-ah, they're our classmate/groupmates. This is Kim Kibum but he's more known as Key." Hanuel exclaimed and pointed at the guy on the far left who has a platinum blonde hair and a very pretty face. Key bowed slightly and waved at her cutely.

"And I'm Jonghyun!" The guy with a darker blonde exclaimed while he raised his hand like a grade schooler seeking for his teacher's attention. His action made Eunhee giggled a little.

"Yes, he's Jonghyun and this is Choi Minho." Hanuel chuckled and introduced the tallest guy in the bunch.

"Nice to meet you." Minho politely said with a soft smile on his face.

After the introduction, Taemin and Hanuel invited the newcomers to sit with them. The eight of them spent the rest of their lunch break getting to know each other.

Watching the scene in front of him, Taemin can’t stop himself from smiling. He was so glad that he was able to meet a bunch of interesting people on their first day. Maybe just maybe he can loosen up and trust them with his sister. It may be still early to let them pass his judgment and so he decided to just go on with the flow.

-----

Kim Jaejoong sighed in exasperation as he watched the young man in front of him. He massaged his temples and intently stared at him. He was mad, burning furious at him right now. Jaejoong sighed once again and stood from his seat, he walked back in forth looking at the young man repeatedly (and the intensity of his stare seemed to increase each time it hit him).

“Aissh… Lee Seung hyun!” Finally Jaejoong snapped.

 Lee Seung hyun also known as Seungri, a popular Korean singer, actor, model and a talent of Kim Jaejoong, he’s one of the top artists that JJ entertainment has. But despite his popularity and large fan base he was seated that day in Jaejoong’s office and was being reprimanded (once again).

“Explain this!” Jaejoong threw him a series of scandalous pictures that was taken by a Japanese tabloid. Once again Jaejoong sighed heavily, massaging his forehead in frustration. Seungri didn’t say anything he was ashamed of himself and disappointed as Jaejoong was. He was drunk the night those photos were taken. He wasn’t exactly one of those conservative people out there. He didn’t able to control himself when temptation came.

“I was drunk and please don’t tell me you haven’t done it before.” Seungri exclaimed, surprising both of them. Immediately Seungri regretted what he said, he forgot his place for a moment. Jaejoong discovered him. It was him who made Seungri the person he was today. He is living his dream because of that person—Kim Jaejoong.

For a moment Jaejoong was surprised with what he said but soon enough he composed himself and smirked, clenching his fist in annoyance.

“Look, Lee Seung hyun, there’s a difference between us. I don’t get caught. They remain rumors because I know how to handle my own mess. I know how to clean up. I leave nothing for them to dig. I don’t act without thinking so if you want to remain in this company you better know your place and never… never dare to challenge me. I can get rid of you in a snap!” Jaejoong slowly and fiercely said as he leaned closer to (the now more nervous than ever) Seungri. Jaejoong snickered as he saw the frightened look Seungri gave him. He then retreated and went back to his seat.

“You will be suspended for a while. I’ll stop all your activities. You will reflect on what you’ve done. You will say nothing about this scandal until I say so. Get it?” Jaejoong exclaimed, shooing him away. Seungri nodded in understanding and was about to open the door when a young lady crashed in.

“Oppa!!” She exclaimed excitingly. Seungri was taken by surprised that he jumped back.

As soon as Hanuel realized what she did (and the fact that she surprised the hell out of Seungri), she laughed whole heartedly and apologized to Seungri. But instead of the usual cheerful smile that Seungri offers her, she was greeted by a small (not so happy) smile. Hanuel frowned a little as she got confused of the situation. She looked inside the room and saw her brother with a huge pissed face. She then glanced at the floor and saw the photos that were scattered, in that instant she understood. Seungri got himself involve in a scandal again and her brother was reprimanding him. Hanuel gave him a sorry smile and gave him a small warm hug which really made Seungri feel better. If he would admit, he actually has his eyes on Hanuel if only she wasn’t Kim Jaejoong’s sister, he already made a move. He shook the idea out his head and thanked Hanuel for the gesture. He then excused himself and went out of the room.

“What was that all about?” Jaejoong lifted a brow at his sister. Hanuel simply gave him an innocent look and shrugged. She sat on the chair Seungri was sitting on a while ago. She rested her elbows on his desk and smiled at her brother.

“Now, what is it?” Jaejoong exclaimed in a bored tone, knowing that Hanuel will ask him something, which of course he can’t resist to say no to.

“JJ entertainment will celebrate its 2nd anniversary next week I want to come to the party.” Hanuel exclaimed casually.

“Then come…” Jaejoong simply replied while grabbing some of the paper works he has to do.

“But I will bring Eunhee with me and of course Taemin too. Ah~ maybe my new found friends as well.” Hanuel added with a huge grin. As soon as Jaejoong heard Eunhee’s name he stopped what he was doing and looked at his sister in annoyance.

“What?” Hanuel said as she cutely titled her head on the side.

“Aish! Fine! Just make sure your friends won’t make a scene, if I caught anyone of them fangirling over my artists I’ll surely kick them out.” Jaejoong exclaimed and sighed.

“Naaah… I’m sure none of them would do that and mostly they’re guys.” Hanuel replied thinking of her friends. Sure enough Eunhee and Ah Yeon won’t fangirl because they’re not one of those types of girls. She shrugged and skipped her way out of Jaejoong’s office.

“See you at home oppa~!” Hanuel bid her brother goodbye before closing the door.

Jaejoong watched his sister walked away and leaned on his office chair as soon as she disappeared. He cannot believe that Hanuel dropped by at his agency for that. He shook his head, knowing that Hanuel has something prepared under her sleeve. He rested his elbows on his table again and scrunched his hair in frustration—Seungri and Hanuel really know how to tick him off.

---

Okaayyy! So that's chapter 4... ermm... a bit crappy and boring 
but this chapter is actually important, well coz apparently
the other characters were introduced. I still have to introduce 
more characters so watch out. :D ^^V 

 

Leave a comment ne? They will surely make me happy. Teheee...

p.s not proofread as usual!

 

Yui dea~! 
11-06-13