the truth speaks

My Handsome Housemate

Last night…

 

No phone call.

No message.

No SNS.

 

This morning…

 

No phone call.

No message.

No SNS.

 

Great! Just great! You are the freakin’ husband but you don’t even know where your wife is!

 

Shut up. You’re supposed to calm the me down.

 

What? I am calming you right now… by telling you what a great hus—

 

STOP!!

 

Great husband you ar—

 

I DEMAND YOU TO STOP!!!

 

Then, just call her…

 

STO—wait. Call her?

 

Yep.

 

 

 

Jiyong quickly snatches the phone from his table and presses the button hurriedly to search for his wife number. It’s not that first time he tries to call Hyeri since she left without proper explaination. It’s just that, the voice of that annoying freaking you-should-have-drown-yourself-in-the-lava operator keeps telling him that he cannot reach the number. It almost freaking 12 PM AND SHE DOESN’T EVEN GET HIS NOSE SEEN AT THIS OFFICE!!

 

 

Come on,dude. Keep calm.

 

Okay, Jiyong breathes in..breathes out..breathe in…breathe out..

He presses the green button as he finds Hyeri’s name.

 

“Sorry, the number you have—“

“HAVE FREAKING GO TO HELL YYOUR VOICE IS ABDVWHSBAGSCTWGWUJBHDVBSNNYDWB!!”

 

Jiyong’s curse thunders the whole office of him. If somebody ever passes the room at that time, he will surely being labelled as ‘crazy boss.’

 

I am not. You are.

 

You are. I am not.

 

I am n---

 

SHUT THE FREAKING UP!!

 

You shut up man, you are talking you yourself.

 

Huh! That’s the point! I’m talking to myself, not you stupid brain a.k.a mr.jerk of piggish slum.

 

 

Jiyong shakes his head frantically to get rid of the voices in his head. Bummer, but Hyeri’s mind controlled thing has as well infected his brain. Jiyong grumbles into his hands, though that grumble sounds a bit louder and a lot more furious than expected. The sparks of volcano in his heart begins to loose little by little. He seems angry to himself and Hyeri a bit. Every single part of his body is boiling and he feels himself being a loser. Jiyong is having a battle in his mind, either he’s worrying too much about Hyeri or Hyeri really should not sleep at a place he doesn’t know as well as closes her phone.

 

Minute after, Jiyong is thinking, maybe Hyeri has a right to stay outside for one night. It’s her choice, she’s grown-up woman. He should not care too much. Minute later, Jiyong is debating himself that he is the one who should be at fault. He should have followed Hyeri outside last night, what if she’s really sick and what if something happens to her? What if she is kidnapped and drown in Han river?

 

2 years marrying with that woman, Hyeri never sleeps outside unless she goes outstation. But that doesn’t matter, that is her job. But normally, she just stays at the house, not even bother to go shopping or hang out with friends just like other women in her ages would do. She also doesn’t have many friends. Jiyong could list all of her friends’ name in one-shot.

 

Jiyong sighs again. He worries to death right now. He loves her. And if anything happens to her, Jiyong could never forgive himself.

 

“good morning, baby!”

 

Hyeri’s voice rings out from his office, and reaches every corner of the level. Jiyong looks out and sees a brilliant, happy-looking lady peeked her head through the walnut-coloured door. Her hair hanging from her tilted head makes her looks like a ghost without a head. Jiyong smiles straight away. He is amused by so-rare bright personality of his wife but he’s still sulky with her after what she has done last night.

 

“it’s already 12.30 in the afternoon.” Jiyong replies in uninterested tone, trying to sound as mad as he can. Then, he pretends to look busy with his paper in front of his nose.

 

Jiyong heads the door creaks open and high-hell footsteps makes their way towards him. Jiyong looks up, still acting mad-or sulky, and he sees Hyeri is holding a glass of iced Cappuccino, his favourite. She carefully puts the Starbucks’ product on his table, a bit far from other important papers.

 

“are you angry, Ji?” she says gently, slowly leaning her body on the end of the table-her favourite posture in his room.

 

So, she does feel guilty. 

 

 “no.” Jiyong replies adamantly, staring back at his papers, hoping his acting would not be exposed.

Hyeri slowly grabs his left wrist and intertwines hers in his fingers. Jiyong can feel she is staring at him. He looks up, meeting her eyes where she gives him an inquisitive look and Jiyong simply leans himself on his black leather chair, waiting for her to continue whatever she wants to say.

“I’m so sorry, Ji.” Hyeri apologises.

 

Jiyong feels pleased.

 

“look Hyeri. I really don’t want to treat you like you are 10 years-old girl but really- your attitude last night is-”

 

“a -move, I know.” Hyeri cuts Jiyong off .  “And I am sorry..” Hyeri apologises again, more like a whisper this time.

 

Jiyong stands up from his chair and moves his way in front of Hyeri. He slowly sneaks his hands around Hyeri’s waist and pulls her forward, making her stumble in his body.

 

“Do you know how worry I was?” Jiyong’s voice sweeps Hyeri’s face as he towers her.

 

“I know, and I sor--”

 

This time, Jiyong cuts Hyeri’s words by kissing him gently on her lips. Hyeri is quite shocked by his move, but later she learns to reply it. Deep down, Hyeri hates herself from making Jiyong in that state. He knows how worry Jiyong can be. She remembers the night that she had his stomach cramp, Jiyong cancelled his flight to Japan in order to attend him even though he had an important meeting early in the morning. And thinking that she doesn’t even text him a thing apart from that leaving message last night, she knows Jiyong would worry to death thinking about her whereabouts. The guilt holds her heart makes her deepened her kiss and literally kissing Jiyong painfully. Jiyong notices her unusually kiss, quickly he pulls out and scans her in her two eyes, worried.

 

“hey, what’s wrong?” Jiyong asks gently.

 

“nothing.” Hyeri replies helplessly then drawing Jiyong’s body closer and hugs him. She hides her face in the crook of Jiyong’s neck, feeling his warmth to wash away her guilt. How she wish she could just wash away her sin.

 

“Why are you acting like this? Something happens?” Jiyong questions her again while drawing circle in her back. Jiyong could feel in his stomach that something is wrong with her.

 

Hyeri however doesn’t answer him. Instead, she hugs him closer.

 

“Hey…wanna eat lunch together?”

 

The sudden topic about lunch makes Hyeri chuckles softly in his neck. She draws her face from Jiyong’s warmth. “sorry, I can’t. I need to visit site at Jungwon-gu.” Hyeri replies without looking at Jiyong, tucking her loose hair behind her ears.

 

“It’s okay, babe.” Jiyong assures cheerfully, giving her a sincere smile.

 

Hyeri smiles back, but her eyes shake.

 

“hurmm.. I should go first. Don’t wanna come back late.”

 

Jiyong nods at Hyeri’s statement. Before she walks out, he reaches her once again for a kiss and reminds her to be careful while driving. Hyeri just curls her lips slightly and makes a small smile on her face before turning her back at him, not willing to look at him for second time.

 

Jiyong lets out a relief sigh and sits himself down back on his chair. He knows something is definitely wrong and he wants to find out why. If Hyeri doesn’t want to tell him, then he will himself.  

 

 


 

 

Jiyong casually walks over Saera’s table, wanting to ask her something. He has been thinking about Hyeri every now and then. He pleased himself by deciding that he will give a surprise trip at her constructional site. Jiyong knows how workaholic Hyeri might be, so she must not have eaten her lunch yet.

 

“Saera, could you please give me the address of site in Jungwon-gu?” Jiyong asks gently to the short-hair woman who is busy sketching something on her sketchbook.

 

Saera looks up, surprised by the little ‘visit’ of his handsome boss today. “Wait a minute, Mr. Kwon.. I..gotta….search…….” Saera trails off while typing something on her computer, fast. “Found! Now let me copy this first.” Her hand quickly snatches a pencil and a sticky note from her piles of stationeries on her table.

 

“okay..” Jiyong replies rather casually, leaning his slender body on the sides of the table. He looks around to watch his employees at the same time.

 

“Mr.Kwon,” Saera’s voice snaps his attention. Jiyong quickly gives Saera a questioning look. “Has Hyeri arrived home safely?”

 

Arrived home? What is she talking about?

 

“hurmm.. Hyeri? Why is she home?” Jiyong asks without thinking. As far as he knows, Hyeri tells him that she wants to go to site today.

“err.. she told me she has a headache just now so she wanted to go back. I thought she told you when she met you in your office.” Saera answers, looking a bit awkward while scratching her neck.

 

Why did Hyeri lie to Saera?

Wait….

If she lies to Saera, it means she lies to me too, right?

She lied.

 

‘Ahh…yes. I forgot about it..” Jiyong gives Saera his sweet smile, hoping she would believe him.  “I think she has arrived safely.”

 

“here it is sir.” Saera hands Jiyong a sticky note with the address of the site in Jungwon-do written on it. Jiyong takes the note from Saera in a bit hesitant.

 

“huh? Oh..hurmm,, thanks Saera!”

 

 


 

 

That elegantly-furnished kitchen smells sweet…sticky and delicious, much to my pleasure. I sniff the aroma once again while smiling like an idiot looking at Seunghyun who is unexceptionally handsome and cute today. Seunghyun is standing at the stove, wearing a ridiculously cute blue apron with bears print on it, flipping pancakes in a fry pan. He looks into my direction sometimes, stealing my sight.

 

“honey?”

 

‘Hurmm?” I reply lazily.

 

 He chuckles handsomely, smile is spread wide on his face. I look at him in puzzle.

 

“uh. What I mean by that is.…honey….on your pancakes?”

 

 “tsk,” I cluck my tongue to chase the embarrassment whilst blush uncontrollably. “I don’t like honey. Will never like honey. I want CHOCOLATE.” I blurt out in a quite furious-tone.

 

Seunghyun just smiles. He actually does not stop smiling since he picks me out at my house just now. (er..not my house and Jiyong, my own house-the one that I share with Seunghyun)

 

Seunghyun begins plating my pancake, making sure it is presented perfectly. He then squeeze a decent amount of Hersey’s chocolate syrup on top of the pancake and slides his way carefully around the countertop and puts the plate down infront of me.

 

I am- slightly confused I might admit. It is not in my memory that Seunghyun knows how to cook. I just remember he almost burns my kitchen when he fries the egg, once.

 

Seunghyun reaches for a stool and pulls it nearer to mine. He sits beside me, ready to pour some golden-looking honey on his pancakes. I could feel my heart jumps, but my mind is just frozen looking at him, astonished. Not in a million years I thought I could see him cooking like this, or even weird, Seunghyun in an apron.

 

 “when did you learning cooking?” I croak out, shaking my head from overthinking about this angel in front of me.

 

He laughs a little before answering me. “I learn a lot of thing after you married with…” He trails off. I know it would be weird for him to pronoun Jiyong’s name. I don’t know why, but I feel a bit annoyed by that. It’s not that Jiyong is a bad omen or something.

 

“well, I learn lots of deals too..” I sing along, out of nowhere.

 

“really?” he asks me in his deep voice, eyeing me in round eyes, “tell me, then.”

 

“oh, right. Hurmm.. drinking.. smoking…lyi--”

 

Before I could finish listing, he cuts me off, “stop it.”

 

Seunghyun looks at me with a sorry look, I know he doesn’t like to hear how much I corrupt after he left. But I’m just telling him the truth. Is it wrong?

Seunghyun suddenly inches closer to me. In no time, I feel his hands wrap around my waist. Seunghyun slowly brings his face to my face and he starts kissing my lips, desperately tasting me…

 

 


 

 

Whilst Hyeri and Seunghyun is somewhere else, kissing and needing each other, Jiyong is already on his way home, feeling a bit furious and worried. He knows something is wrong he doesn’t dare to list the possibilities. It’s not because he is dumb, it’s just because he doesn’t want any of it became true. He is afraid of the future. While driving like a mad person, he bites his nail in anxiously, hoping Hyeri is home. Yes, he just needs Hyeri to be home.

‘The rest would be fine, she just needs to be home.’ Jiyong silently prays in his heart.

 

 

 



So,, the truth has been exposed! that's why people say, never hold a secret to those who know you. 

Actually, i want to write piece for the last time, but then i change my mind. The Jiyong and Hyeri scene in the office supposed to be cheerful, but i wrote it in depressed way. Hish~ I really cannot bear to write like that to Jiyong. AND WHY AM I EVEN SIDING JIYONG??? I AM SUPPOSED TO LIKE SEUNGHYUN!!! Keke. that's me. I'm bipolar!

 

Lots of people suggesting that Hyeri should be end up with Seunghyun, but my heart now leans towards Jiyong... so i think i will end up with....

ERRR,,no spoiler! HAHA~ please wait for it. This fic is almost finish already~ :)

By the way, thanks to all commenter who suggests things-making me open my eyes better! i love you guys... xoxo