unavoidable fate.

My Handsome Housemate

To avoid any misunderstanding, here is the guideline of the dialogues for yo'all.

HYERI
SEUNGHYUN
JIYONG
DONGWOOK OPPA
HYERI'S FATHER
HYERI'S MOTHER


 

Right after our arrival in Japan, Mr.Park's driver has already waited for us or else we would get trouble getting into a taxi which is barely seen near the airport as it is a rush hour. Around two o'clock, we have safely arrived at Kronos Hotel belonged to Mr.Park. Our model also is still perfectly in shape, much to my pleasure and as for now, we just need to wait for Mr.Park to present our project and we will be off for good. I'm not sure how long this meeting could be but i hope we stay in this meeting room forever. Only God knows how nervous i am to meet my family today.

No matter how nerve-wrecking it could be, somehow i cannot hide the feeling of missing them. I miss my handsome and caring daddy. Oh god, how i miss cooking with him and hear his lecturing on his various trick of cooking. I miss my oppa, my funny and evil oppa. I miss acting childishly around him and ask him to buy everything that i want. I still remember how silly i am when i acted sulky just because he refused to buy me a birkin by Hermes. I know the bag costs a fortune, but he's rich enough to even buy me a car. I miss my sister in law too. I love seeing her in her white nurse uniform. She looks so pretty and innocent just like an angel sent from heaven. Her soft voice and grace attitude could calm even the cruelest storm. Not to forget my cute little niece i have, Choi Dana. She was named after my late sister and this little angel is my sweetheart. How i miss seeing her smile. I bet she must have grown up beautifully by now, toddling and laughing, having no worries and no ideas how rough this world could be. Lastly, i am missing my mom too, my mom who hates me from the past scar, a scar that will never heal. No matter how much she hates the sight of me, i could help from the longing of holding her gaze even it was fueled by her hatred. I miss the sight of her, i never once forget how beautifully she aged, not like other women in her ages. Well, being a foreigner, an Italian to be exact, must help her to be still dazzling, even in her dawning age.

A tap on my shoulder sends me back to a real world. I give a look to Jiyong who was tapping me just now and i realise he eyes me to the white screen behind Mr.Park. God, i must be spaced out for a while. After drinking my mineral water that already prepared on the table, i give my full attention back on Mr.Park's manager about the project.

*****

The meeting is finished early than i expected as Mr.Park needs to attend his wife's charity event in Osaka. We left the hotel before 6 and head to a shopping mall before going to my oppa's house. I need to buy a few toys and clothes for my sweetheart and Jiyong buys a few souviners to my family. I don’t buy any, instead i buy some Korean meat, several seafood, sashimi and other additional foods which i think my daddy would like it. It may look funny, or even inappropriate a bit, buying 'food supplies' to my family as if they are poor and don’t afford to buy any, but for me, i think it's the best thing i could have done for them, for my daddy to be exact. He's a retired chef, so they might bring him happiness as he can make his experiments on new recipes using them.

We finally arrive at oppa's resident at 7.30 late in the evening and standing in front of his house scared the hell out of me. Only god knows how nervous i am now and my heart beats faster than a clock ticking. My feet freeze and glue to the ground, making me standing like a statue in front of oppa's huge gate.

'Are you okay,hyeri? God, you look pale!' Jiyong exclaims, looking straight into my eyes before checking me out from head to toe. 


I keep frozen on my ground, unable to neither move nor speak. The tension rises like a tsunami, slamming every nerve in my system mercilessly. 


'We can go back if you're not ready for this.' A sudden slow and consoling tone from Jiyong snaps my conscious mind back. 


Taking a deep breath, i look into his eyes and reply, 'it's okay. I'm fine.' 


I put all the plastic bags onto the ground, freeing myself from their weights. Then, i tangle my fingers into Jiyong's, finding and borrowing every strand of strength in him. Slowly, i reach out my other hand to press the bell, notifying the owner of the house of our arrival. There's no turning back now. Waiting nervously the gate to be opened, i draw myself closer to Jiyong, literally hiding myself behind him, holding him firmer than before. My heart races crazily and by seconds, i feel like dying. 


The gate finally opens much to my surprised. Jiyong sends me his 'everything-would-be-okay' smiles and squeeze my fingers slowly between his, assuring me that everything will be just fine.
Noting his assurance, i free .myself from him, and lift back the plastics bag that I’ve put below before. With every strength in every fibre, i step into the house, just to find the faces of people that I’ve missed like crazy are smiling, welcoming me and Jiyong.

 

*****

 

The rest of the family including Jiyong are chatting and resting leisurely at the living room where daddy, the maid and i are stucking ourselves in the kitchen. I don’t mind though. I like it here, with daddy. He is cooking my favourite Shrimp Scampi and this proud guy doesn’t even allow me to hold a knife here.


'Hyeri..go, sit with them outside. Let me do this with Gemma.' Daddy tries to get rid of me by shoving his bigger arm to my side which i easily avoid him. 


'I dont want to daddy. Just let me help you. Nae?' I start launching my cuteness over my daddy and he could not help from laughing and smiling at my attitude. 


'You really do not change a bit, do you? Aigoo my little ugly duckling! Come, help me..' daddy crunches his face whilst teasing me, the habit he never changes. 


Smiling brightly as if i have won a medal, i roll on my sleeves and help him squeezing out juices from the lemon. Smirking wickedly, i tell daddy, 'dy, you know the ugly duckling changed into a beautiful swan in the end? Just tell me I’m beautiful, i won’t tell mom.' 


He looks at me in disbelief before bursting into a big laugh. Satisfied at his response, i join him laughing and lean myself over his body, reminiscing the old memories of ours into my head.

*****

After helping my sister in law, Akira putting the meals on the big classy glass table that can fit 8 people, i take a seat as far as i could, hoping that i won’t be able to exchange any look into my mom's dark orbs. To my horror, God does not even helping me when i need to seat down beside Dongwook oppa because Akita unni needs to feeding Dana. Daddy is sitting at the end of the table as a head of family, mommy next to him and Jiyong next to her. I sit in front of Jiyong and oppa in front if mommy. I originally plan to sit beside Jiyong to avoid mom if and only if Akita unni joins me. But now, in my position, it's only a matter of time to mommy stabs me with her scary looks. I try my best to keep my head down and eat as slow as i can to avoid provoking mom. No matter how much i want to pretend myself to be invisible, i could not change the fact that i am not, and sooner or later, i got to hear something that rips my heart apart.

'Jiyong, try this Shrimp Scampi. It's Hyeri's favourite. She makes this with me just now.' Daddy offers Jiyong the plate of the dish. 


Jiyong takes a couple of the shrimps into his plate before offering it to mom.

There's only one word to describe my feeling right now- .

'No,thanks, Jiyong. I dont wanna die yet. You should be careful eating... THAT. It may be cursed.'

The way mom mentions the word 'THAT', i could feel how disgusted she felt. The moment i hear each and every word of her comment, my heart suddenly sinks to the lowest part i could ever reach. I begin to feel extremely painful poison spreading to every single cell in my body. I feel like my heart has been punched cruelly and stabbed mercilessly by invincible knife. The pain makes me go numb yet my tears start to overflow my eyes.

One drop and another tear fall helplessly into my plate of rice. With every single strength left, i am dying trying to hold back myself from crying. My hand trembles frantically and my feet feel so cold.

I guess oppa must be realizing my condition as he quickly pretends to get interested in the Shrimp Scampi although i know it too well that he dislikes shrimp or anything related to shrimp.

'Wow! It looks so delicious!! Oppa misses your cooking, Hyeri-ah.'

His over excited voice somehow does not even soothe the pain i am bearing right now. Instead, it makes me even sadder. Oppa could even eat something that he hates because of me, yet mom? Mom doesn't even try to fake her hate over me. She doesn't even think of how humiliating i am in front of Jiyong. How could she...? Why doesn't she have a pity and mercy on me? If she could even pity me as big as an atom, i think i would be the happiest person in the world.

A single sob escapes between my lips as i could not hold up my overflowed sadness.

'Pathetic.' Another word comes from her and directly pierces my heart again. 


'I lost my appetite. Thanks for the meal.' She says before going up and leave the table, leaving her barely touched dish in her plate.

It becomes a pin-drop silence around the table and it suffocates me more.

'Why aren't you guys eating?' I croak out but i don't make any eyes contact with the three guys.

At the corner of my eyes, i could see Dongwook' left hand is reaching me out but before he could do that, i stop him.

'Don't oppa.' I say coldly, declining any skinship or words of comfort from others. 'Daddy..Thanks for the food. I enjoy it.' I fake a smile to daddy before launching myself up from the chair, disappearing behind the kitchen.


*****

 

Little Dana is smiling happily, playing with the colourful doughnut chewing toy that I’ve just bought her. She bites it seriously, trying to get rid the itchiness in her gum. She looks too adorable, innocent and cheerful, like a little cupid in a human form. I thought she has fallen asleep at first, but when i enter the living room, i spot her playing with Akita unni. 

I try to forget whatever happens just now by playing and distracting myself with this little sweetie. She laughs cutely when I pretend to bite her hand and poke her wet lips with my finger. Not long after that, Jiyong and Dongwook oppa enter the living room, they seem to have finished their meal before Jiyong comes and sits beside me. He joins me teasing Dana and Dana seems to like him more than me when she holds up Jiyong forefinger instead of mine. I poke Jiyong’s side to get rid of him from Dana but instead of getting away from our side, he steals Dana from her blanket and hugs her close.

Unsatisfied with Jiyong's dominance on Dana, i bite Jiyong's biceps, making him screaming out loud. Dongwook is already laughing on top of his lung over our childishness and little Dana looks on us puzzled, unable to understand what s going on.

'Aigoo,,my daughter looks so happy now.' Daddy's voice echoed in the room as he walks in passed us and seat himself down near Dongwook.

I automatically stop biting Jiyong and quickly complain about Jiyong to daddy. 'Daddy!! Jiyong is so bad. He stole Dana from me!!’

Daddy doesn’t back me up, to my surprised, instead he keeps on chuckling and teasing me and Jiyong.

'Maybe you two should marry and have your own daughter. Then you can fight as much as you want.' Daddy's joke makes Dongwook's more louder than before and i could hear him adding up 'yes,yes.'

'Jiyong-ah. Hyeri is still available. No one wants her.' Daddy adds.

Jiyong looks at me and smirks evilly at me. I stick out my tongue to him and leave him to sit between daddy and Dongwook.

'Tsk! Whatever you say daddy. But for your information, no one likes that Dragon. He's really scary when he's mad.' I roll my eyes on Jiyong and laugh over my victory of blackmailing him. He looks like he wants to say something, before he could do that, Akita unni enters the room with the scariest person in the world, my mom.

I naturally shut my mouth tightly and gulp down-it's a must action i did when she's nearby. If i were to make a single move falsely, she would fire me up with her cannon.

I literally hide myself behind daddy's arm when i hear her asking Jiyong, 'do you have any girlfriend, Jiyong?'

. I curse in my heart. I have a hunch where this conversation would lead, but i pray hard, hoping that i am wrong.

'Then you should marry Hyeri if you like her. Do you like her?' A calm and motherly tone escapes .

, it’s just like what I’ve predicted.

Damnit, Jiyong! Don't answer that bull. I stare my eyes out at him to give him the signal but that guy doesn't even look at my direction.

'I like her ommonim. But i think you should give her chance to marry who ever she loves.' Jiyong's answer is giving me goosebumps all over my body. I know he's sincere in letting me having my own choice, but i am sure millions times that my mom wouldn't even think that way.

'Don't worry Jiyongie. I'm sure she doesn't have much choice.' Her voice still sounds motherly before she says 'do you?' In a very cold way which i have lived 25 years just to learn that she uses that kind of tone just to me.

'mommy....' i throw up the word that sounds weird even to my own hearing, 'Jiyong probably already has someone. Besides, he deserves someone better than me...' I look into mommy's eyes in a hope that she would understand me.

'OH PLEASE... don't give me that pathetic excuse. You're lucky enough to have someone liking you.' Her loud voice thunders in the room. Everybody has gone silent upon her speech, except from Dana who is still playing happily in Jiyong's arm.

'You are not getting any younger. Marry Jiyong and have babies. In that way only you could restore what you've taken away from m...'

'Enough, Thalia. You don't have to force Hyeri to marry anyone. She has every right to live her own....'

'SHE HAS LOST ALL THE RIGHT THE MOMENT SHE TOOK DANA FROM ME, FROM ALL OF US! IF DANA WAS STILL ALIVED, WE COULD HAVE A BIGGER FAMILY THAN THIS!'

The never ending debates from mom and dad and the mention of 'Dana' revive back the pain inside me. God, why did it hurt me so much? I feel like there're thousands on boulders have been thrown through me. The terribly pain that keeps growing in my chest makes my tears rolled down my cheeks. For the second time, i cry soundlessly and feebly.

'Then if i were to ma..marry Jiyong than would you forgive me?' Croaking out my own voice, i muster all the courage i have to ask mom and take a look into her light brown eyeballs.

'You don't have ANY RIGHT to make a deal with me. Marry him or never come back.' Her final and strict answer slaps me painfully in my own hearing. Then, i see mom storms out of the room, leaving us speechlessly behind.

Daddy quickly hugs me to calm me down. His warm and comfortable snug somehow doesn't help me to wash the excruciating pain inside me. However, i am lucky enough to be still loved by daddy and oppa except for being unwanted and hated daughter by my own mother.

Parting myself from daddy's embrace, i tell him, 'Daddy... i think we should leave for now. Kronos Hotel CEO has already reserved us room in the hotel.'

'Just sleep here, darling...' A tender request from daddy breaks my heart again but i am not strong enough to be in this house anymore.

'Mianne daddy... they already reserve us rooms. Plus, our flight tomorrow is early in the morning. I don't want to bother any of you anymore...' i explain to daddy earnestly but deep in my heart, i know that's was all lies. Mr.Park doesn't offer us to stay in his hotel and Jiyong doesn't even buy us any ticket back yet.

I'm sorry daddy for lying.

Another string of tears rolls down my cheeks. Daddy cups my face and wipes all the running water using his thumbs.

'Take care sweetheart... daddy loves you..' Daddy kisses me on my forehead.

'Oppa loves you too hyeri.' Dongwook gives me a comforting and coaxing hug.

'I love you too, daddy.... oppa.' I give both of them a weak smile before turning to Jiyong, 'let's go Jiyong..'

 

*****

 

We decide to stay at Kronos Hotel for the night. Jiyong apologies for what he did or said back there at oppa's house but i am too tired to think or to talk. We part to our own room without any single word. I could feel how terribly sorry he is towards me but really, i don't have any strength left to think about him or anybody else. I just need to escape and i need to be alone. I don't wanna see or talk to anybody else. I need to calm myself first and escape from this terrible pain.

 

*****

 

After showering, i slam my tired and poor body into the comfy mattress. There's only one person that sails through my mind right now, a person that i've missed him the most this moment.

CHOI SEUNGHYUN.

I fish out my phone from my handbag and quickly press his number to forward the call. It feels like someone has been watching me from the heaven as on the second ring, he picks up his phone on the other side.

'ANNYYYEEOOONNGGG BABY!!' His thundered voice makes me giggle helplessly in this dark room.

'Anyeong my love. I miss you.' My voice sounds funny due to my stuffy nose and my crying. I guess he realizes it that he asks me.

'Baby,,, are you crying?' I could sense a worry in his voice. I pretend my best to laugh and sound happy over here.

'No my love. It's just that... hurmm.. i have running nose. You know, i've been sitting in an air-cond room too long. I'm really cold right now.' I feel very wrong to lie to him just to cover myself up and I feel really pathetic as i had to lie to my daddy and Seunghyun.

'Do you want me to hug you?' His spontaneous question makes a hot wet tears running out from both eyes. God. I really miss him. I really love him. I really need him right now.

'Hug me.' A pathetic request croaks out my lips.

'Baby, please don't tempt me. I would fly straight to Japan right now to hug you!'

I giggle happily hearing his desperate, deep voice that i like so much. 'Seunghyun.....'

'Yes baby...'

'Could you please sing to me. I miss you voice...' i hear him cracking out laughing over the line.

'What song baby?'

'Hurm...anything... ABC song also would do...'

'Are you sure, baby? You know sometimes i really at singing. Rap is all my expertise.' He explains slowly.

I smile. Then, i talk to him with the most soft way i could make. 'I dont mind,my love. I love you and everything about you.'

'Okay.. but please don't laugh.'

'Okay my love. I promise.'

'Here... listen carefully! hurmm.. 1,2,3…. Dog goes woof, cat goes meow.’

The first sentence I hear him singing, I could sense he’s being funny. I start to laugh and smile like an idiot listening to his cracked, loud and his deep singing.

‘Bird goes tweet, and mouse goes squeak.
Cow goes moo. Frog goes croak, and the elephant goes toot.
Ducks say quack and fish go blub, and the seal goes OW OW OW.
But there's one sound that no one knows...
WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY?
Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-ding…’

I could hold myself from laughing contentedly over his silly and funny way of singing that song. I keep laughing non-stop and Seunghyun’s laughter could be heard on the other side too. We laugh so hard together that it takes us several minutes to calm down.

‘baby… you promise you won’t laugh.’ Seunghyun says, half laughing, half shouting.

‘mianne.. I’m not laughing at you. I am laughing at the song. It’s so funny.. fox song!’

‘oh God, how I miss you, baby.’ His sincere words touch my heart.

‘I miss you too my love. Wait up for me. I’ll come back tomorrow.’

‘TOMORROW?’ his shriek shocks the hell outta me. ‘you said you would come back after two days?’

I laugh emptily. ‘well,,, I miss you too much my love. I can’t hold myself any longer.’ I a little, making a seducible voice.

‘urrgghh’ he grunts. ‘stop it, you bad girl.’

I laugh again hearing his bad words. ‘Seunghyun….’

‘yes baby…’

‘could you sing me another song…? I wanna hear your voice till I sleep…’ I ask him in a romantic way.

He falls into silence for a moment before answering me back. ‘you got to pay me for making me singing at this time.

I smile. tsk, this little teasing man.. he just loooovvveeesss to joke around. ‘how much?’

‘not much. I just need your time tomorrow, baby…’

I could hear him taking his short and deep breath on the line. It somehow makes me feel dirty right now.

‘I’m all yours, my love…’

He keeps himself silence. I wait for him patiently and my waiting doesn’t take long when he begins to sing me a very romantic song in a very deep and romantic ways.

baby good night
baby good night
baby good night
baby good night

baby good night
should i draw the image of her sleeping
don’t be shy anymore, you’re already my girl
even if it’s not clear it’s that way to me
you’re more than i deserve
you’re perfect, thank you for being by my side baby
my lady
oh i love you girl

a ray of light trickles in
through the cracks of the dim balcony
a perfect silhouette, this calming night’s aroma
is like a coconut scented oil
just like the day i confessed to you
do you remember?
i whisper in your ears, come closer
you’re too fine
a freckled crimson strawberry
and i become the whipping cream that wraps around

know how much i love you beautiful girl
like a picture of a child to me
and frozen before a shadow
there’s nothing i can do

with a shaky voice
with dry lips
(come a step closer to me and tenderly whisper)
the surrounding firelight dances
i always dream of you

baby good night
baby good night
baby good night
baby good night
baby good night (don’t wanna say goodbye)
baby good night (don’t wanna say goodbye)
baby good night (don’t wanna say goodbye)
baby good night (don’t wanna say goodbye)

when the darkness of the black night finds us
those beautiful eyes close and drift off
i sit by your bed
and caress your hair
looking into your face
i want to convey my love
i wish time would stop like this
you are just so beautiful

hey sweetheart
that i’d be familiar with everything
your cute question
it’s just beautiful, the great power of love
our lips redden
our eyes meet, yes a bit deeper

you’re my beautiful girl
you light the fire in my soul
refreshing mint, the same hint
teach me the answer sweet girl
you’re my beautiful girl
you light the fire in my soul
refreshing mint, the same hint
refreshing mint, hint
the answer is you

baby good night
baby good night
baby good night
baby good night
baby good night (don’t wanna say goodbye)
baby good night (don’t wanna say goodbye)
baby good night (don’t wanna say goodbye)
baby good night (don’t wanna say goodbye)

your closed eyes, your smell
your voice makes me feel as deep as your favorite red wine.
i feel i’m ready to be an actress in a movie
everything is so great with you


 

His singing is too good that it makes me tears over his sincerity in that song. God, I swear I would love this man till the day I die.

‘Seunghyun….’

‘Yes baby….’

‘I love you… I love you so much… too much…’ I struggle to tell him what my heart says and finally, I fall asleep in the darkness.

Forgetting about mom.

Forgetting about Dana.

Forgetting about Jiyong.

Forgetting about everything…

Except for…

Seunghyun…

Except for …

My love to him…

Except for…

How much I love him…

 

 


SO TELL ME GUYS, DO YOU HAVE A CLUE WHAT'S GOING ON IN HYERI'S FAMILY??

THE DETAILS WOULD BE SURFACED LATER, LATER, LATER....

 

AND WOULD YOU GUESS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO HYERI & 'ROLLING STONE PROCLAIMED SYMBOL' SEUNGHYUN WHEN THEY MEET A DAY AFTER??

YUP!

IT WILL BE !

 

I GUESS I'M TERRIBLE WRITER AS I'M WEAK AT POTRAYING HYERI'S EMOTION!
BUT I'M CRYING MYSELF WRITING THIS.
PATHETIC, RIGHT? hahahaha.

HOWEVER,
YOUR COMMENTS ARE MUCH NEEDED TO FUEL UP MY MOTIVATION...
AND I AM MUCH ANTICIPATED TO MY SOON-TO-BE 100th SUBSCRIBERS.

THANKS GUYS.

 

P/S: A HEAD OF MERRY CHRISTMAS WISH TO THOSE WHO CELEBRATE IT!! HO.HO.HO.