the fright pt.1

My Handsome Housemate

 

Dawn finally breaks when my alarm rings the bombshell out of me. As fast as lightning, I reach out my phone and silence it at once, not to wake up the man beside me. Seunghyun is still swimming deeply into his dream, the sound of his soft sniffles prove that. Giving me the chance of studying his expression I the dim light, I fix my eyes on my sleeping prince. He isn’t hugging me like usual, but he’s sleeping with his back on, still having right arm as a pillow for me. His other hand rests relaxingly over his chest. His body is wrapped by his grey sweater which I’m kind of glad he puts it on all night or else we would have our late sleeping again.

 

However, we are not wasting our night together uselessly though. We have done something fun and enjoyable such as having dinner and washing dishes together or when we’re watching ghost story entitled ‘Conjuring’ where he watched it coolly as a real man yet he would still screaming out loud when my screaming scared him more than the ghost in the TV. We were cuddling in a blanket together just like a new married couple which had been in love for thousand years and chatted light-heartedly about our lives and career. It turns out that my lovely lover is such a mama boy when he told me he would run from school just to be with his mom at home. He also told me some of his favourite foods and drinks, shared his experiences with his fans and friends and informed me what kind of things he likes and hates. I’m still surprised when he told me that he dislikes wearing thin clothes or being exposed to any coldness as he hates it the most. On the other hand, I am a kind of person who can’t stand hotness at all. I could not even stand wearing long-sleeves in my house and I always set the air-conditioning the lowest temperature when I’m sleeping. We have other differences in our liking, such as he likes furniture and I like drawing, but still, the differences match us perfectly like jigsaw puzzle, like a different face in the same coin. I have to admit that last night was one of the top ten favourite nights in my life and I’m sure, I would have millions of favourite nights as long as he is there, with me.

I look at his thick eyebrow and long eyelashes that stick out from his eyes, making it bigger with the help of the shadow. I trail my eyes over his nose, which I find it very cute. I smile at the thought of this perfect man has a cute nose, just like a little boy. I mean, with his y and look, he is supposed to have pointy nose just like the models in the TV. I’m not complaining though, I like it too much and it makes him more him-more real to me. My eyes fall on his slightly opened lips that help the air in and out his lung. His hair is poking here and there, some covers his hair, but he still looks flawless, just like an angel to me.

 

My heart is stuffed with the declaration of love I’ve been proclaimed since the day I let him in. I have no idea that I would have fallen hard on him and it is almost impossible for me not to breathe his name every time I the air into my lung. He is part of my soul now and I can never imagine of loving someone else apart from him. It feels so real and right when he’s around. Everything becomes easy and simple and there’s nothing wishy-washy about him.

 

I peek out at the clock hung on the wall and it shows me 8.10 in the morning. The idea of going to Japan strikes me again like a lightning in a storm. I rise up at once, carefully, and give a final glance at my sleeping love. Pecking quickly on his parted lips, I snatch my phone and head toward my closet to pack thing although I’m sure what to pack actually apart from the plans, laptop, presentation, the hardcopy of the presentation and the model of the building which I left it at the office, where I would pick it up on the way seeing Jiyong later.

 

Speak of the devil; I almost forget that I have made him upset yesterday and the feeling of guilt holds my heart. While waiting for the coffeemaker to make its job on my aromatic morning drink, I press on message icon on my phone to text him.

 

To: Boss Ji

Message: Rise and shine my beloved boss. Have you awake?

 

I think a little bit of flattering might be eased the tension between us.

The moment the maker drips the last drop of hot mocha in my cup, my phone gives a vibration. Wow! That’s a fast reply. Does this man ever sleep?

 

From: Boss Ji

Message: Morning. Just wake up. Why?

 

Hurm... a cold reception... I see... I figure he’s still upset about yesterday. Sipping slowly, I reply his message.

 

To: Boss Ji

Message: I’m so so so so so so so so sorry about yesterday. I shouldn’t speak that way to you. Lots of things really stress me out and I’m scared of the idea seeing her. You know, m.o.m. I hope you would forgive me, my cute and adorable Kwon Jiyong.. T.T

 

To: Boss Ji

Message: it’s okay. It’s my fault too. But, dating over sushi would be nice to make up, though.

 

Tsk! This sneaky little fox. What is okay if you still ask for a price? Although I have no reason to treat him, but the sushi sounds nice. I smile while replying him.

 

To: Boss Ji

Message: Deal. Time of departure?

 

From: Boss Ji

Message: I haven’t told you that? Sorry, my bad. It’s 12 p.m.

 

To: Boss Ji

Message: So, I’ll meet you around 11 in the office. :-)

 

From: Boss Ji

Message: roger that.

 

 

Finishing my coffee, I walk over my closet, taking out my yellow The North Face backpack from one of the cupboard and begin to stuff a couple of formal clothes, shirts, skirts and other little things. I’ll make sure to put Seunghyun’s hoodies and beanie into, in addition. Well, at least I have something to remind me of him abroad. Moved on, I stack on my travelling toiletries together as well as some of my make-up. It’s not much but the backpack looks packed yet not so heavy to be carried. I’m not sure how long I would be staying there, and with the idea of visiting my brother, I guess two days would be at least. I clench my teeth and shut my eyes for several second passed as I really, really hate the idea of seeing that person. It’s not like I hate her, but, I have no confident to face her, let alone to listen to her talking. I’m sure with my life at stake, that she would bomb me again with his dynamite  words and no one would ever be able to stop her once she launch her weapons on me. I hate being helpless. I really hate being not able to say or do anything.

 

Shaking my head to throw the idea of being scarred and scared, I throw the backpack over my shoulder and put it on the table in the dining room. Then, I keep myself busy to organise my work stuffs into my Birkin, making sure nothing is left behind and put it together with the backpack. Now, it’s time for some breakfast. I’m thinking of preparing something easy but can make us full at the same time, maybe some pancakes, and sausages together with salad or sliced food. With those ideas, I left to the kitchen and starts to tie my hair a bun and put on an apron over my night gown.

 

Now that my breakfast is all ready, it’s time to wake the beast inside my bedroom. I walk lazily to my own room, thinking it’s funny to have him sleep there. Although he pays for staying at my home, as a contracted renter, we basically more like a couple rather than a renter or the owner. He sometimes gets his shower in my bathroom, or even uses my own towel. The idea of us sharing things is kind of y to me. After all, who could blame him? He is my man. Approaching him, I sit next to motionless body and put my hand on his chest.

 

With a little shake, I wake him up, ‘hey babe... wakey up.’

 

He stretches out a bit before opening him eyes widely but his scrunched face tells me that he is still sleepy. I flash a brief smile and reach out for his hand.

 

‘babe... come on, get up! I have made you breakfast.’ I tell him, rubbing him hand gently.

 

‘morneennnggg.’ Out of nowhere, he says croakily and it makes me laughing at once.

 

‘why are you laughing?’ he asks me with his powerful throaty voice due to his sleepiness.

 

‘nothing. Get up, hurry!’ I stand out and pull him off the bed. It takes time to manage him out of the comforter but as soon as he has stood up properly, he steals a kiss on my lips when I am off guard. He then turns away coolly and walks straight to the door. I quicken my path to catch his and get out from the room.

 

As we walk down to the dining hall, I could smell the goodness of coffee and the pancake I’ve made before. Seunghyun takes his place on the chair where I walk to the coffee maker, pouring him a cup of coffee and handling it to him. Then, I move to refrigerator, take out the orange juice and pour myself a glass full. After that, I join Seunghyun at the table.

 

‘I hope you slept well. I know I did.’  I say relaxingly.

 

‘yeah, I slept well.’ He sips his coffee before placing the pancake into a plate and to my surprise; he puts it in front of me.

 

I look at him, surprised by his thoughtful gratitude. ‘for me?’

 

‘yeap.’ The short answer accompanies by a small smile from him. He puts one for him and pours some Hershey’s chocolate syrup all over his pancake. ‘you want some?’

 

I nod as I watch his squeeze decent amount of chocolate in my plate. He seems very much reliable in my eyes. For an instant, the thought passes through my mind, ‘he is quite a guy. I really want him in my life.’ As quickly as the thought comes, I suddenly feel a rush of anxiety gripped my sense. It is followed by another thought, ‘will everything be just fine? The future seems dark for us.’

 

‘I hope the pancake is okay. I really don’t know whether you like it.’ I smile as I quickly shoo away the useless worries in my mind.

 

‘I’m sure it is fine.’ He takes a bite. ‘this is very delicious.’ He flashes his smile and I could see his sincerity in his look. The pancake is finished within seconds and he takes another couple into his plate. This time, he pours some honey on top of his pancake.

 

‘is there anything you can’t do sweetheart?’ he says as he takes another bite into his mouth.

 

I am not sure why but I like when he praises me. It feels like an appreciation from him and I really like it when he takes into account the small things I’ve done to him. I realize, he is no longer snobbish, thoughtless and aloof prince that I thought he was few months ago. Instead, he is just a normal man who has shaken my heart with his wonderful personalities.

 

‘I don’t think so.’ I say, blushing slightly. ‘I don’t think I’m good as you have exaggerated me.’ I have a bite of the pancake. ‘but I do appreciate you say that.’

 

He smiles and reaches out for my hand. ‘you are perfect in my eyes and there’s nothing that can change my mind about that.’

 

We look in each other’s eyes. He smiles. I smile. There is something of a connection in the gaze and I’m sure it holds my heart. But I know this can’t go on because I’m sure we would end up something wild later. I quickly pull away my gaze from him and reach out for my juice, sipping it awkwardly. I could catch Seunghyun’s small giggles beside me, but I pretend that I hear nothing and continue eating.

 

‘when is for flight’s departure?’ he breaks the silence.

 

’12 p.m’ I answer him shortly.

 

‘oh, do you want me to take you to the airport? I could skip my work for a while and pick you up.’

 

‘no,no. It’s okay. I’ll drop by at the office to pick something and leave to the airport with Jiyong .’

 

‘urgh~ I don’t know why, but I begin to dislike that Jiyong guy.’ He makes a face when he mentions Jiyong and it invites laughter from me.

 

‘why would you hate him?’ I raise an eyebrow, ‘he’s my friend.’

 

‘he goes abroad just with you. Why he did not bring his secretary along? At least there will be three people.’ He throws his unsatisfying look at me. To think about it, there’s some truth in his statement. However, Jiyong would never bring his secretary whenever he’s outstation. So, what should I feel peculiar about that?

 

‘anyway,’ I try to change the topic, ‘what time do you leave today?’

 

‘hurm..before 10.’

 

‘what? That is faster than I think. I though you wanna send me to the airport?’

 

‘I said I could skip for a while. There’s production meeting today at 10 and it’s important.’

 

Oh, I love the way he becomes serious talking about his job. His expression and that deep serious voice are priceless and I know he has the sense of leadership. The more I see the side of him, the more I admire him. ‘okay, baby.’ I send him a smile.

 

We continue our chatting over the breakfast until he enters his room to get ready. I also have to shower and change into a simple t-shirt and pairs of pant to do the simple chores before leaving to the Japan. It is already 9.30 when I walk out from my room but there’s no sign of Seunghyun yet. I decide to watch the TV, waiting for him. About 10 minutes later, he finally leaves his room and joins me on the couch. The smell of his man perfume is seducing my nostrils. He wears a black shirt which matches his black pants and he puts a grey vest on top. His blue hair is styled perfectly by the help of gel. Shiny silver Rolex wraps his wrist and there’re few rings decorate his long fingers. If he doesn’t hold my hand, I wouldn’t believe he’s human and he’s real enough. God, he is indeed a remarkable young man. For second time, I notice he keeps glancing at his phone as if waiting for a call. He must be waiting for his manager to pick him up which I know he could be here any moment.

 

‘so…’ I try to break out the silence between us, ‘what time you will get home tonight?’

 

He hums before answering, as if he is thinking of something. ‘I think I will sleep at my home tonight. It has been too long since I see my mom.’ His eyes meet mine finally. I try to compose myself to be looked natural when I hear the word ‘mom’ from him. So, he lives with his mom before.

 

‘I wish I could see your mom too.’ I say, almost in whisper but I earnestly want to see a woman that has given birth to this beautiful guy.

 

He is about to say something but his phone rings faster. He picks up the phone. His face looks focused when he is listening to the caller and he then mutters ‘okay’ before putting down his phone back.

 

He sighs before saying, ‘Hyung is arrived.’

 

I squeeze his hand when I sense his face is getting darker. It is difficult for me to let him leave too but I know I can’t be selfish over a responsibility. I try to best to smile sweetly at him. ‘let’s go. I’ll walk you to the door.’

 

I get up from the couch and try to pull his hand for him to stand. Getting the signal, he finally stands up and we walk hand in hand to the door. I don’t know why it takes us too short to get the door and it bugs me when I feel like time is betraying me. Seunghyun faces me for the last before he wears his shoes and walk out the door. Seeing his face, my heart suddenly feels indescribable pain. It strikes me like thousands and thousands needles being pierces cruelly in my heart. The unbearable pains make my eyes began to flow with the pearls of tear. I really really really don’t want him to walk out the door. I guess this is what he feels when he has to look at when disappearing behind the door when I need to leave for work. Damn! Karma is a . It’s getting its revenge on me.

 

‘hey…hey… why are you crying?’ the owner of my favourite voice asks me.

 

‘I’ve already missed you.’ I croak and choke by my own words.

 

Seunghyun hugs me the moment I finish my words. His warm and gentle hug keeps me calm a bit but my heart is still in pain. When he realize that I’ve been more relax, he pulls me for a long, deep and burning kiss. I feel his tongue on my lips and I let my tongue touches his. His kiss sends warm sensations of pure pleasure all over my body. He is so into the kiss as he doesn’t notice my arms have slipped under his vest, under his armpit. After some time, he finally breaks the kiss and brings me to his body, wrapping it tightly. He trails a few light kissed on my neck and shoulder before saying, ‘take care. I’ll miss you, my love.’

 

He slips into his shoes and walk towards the door but turns back for the last time to meet my eyes. The feeling of not letting him is still overpowering my mind! I really can’t stand seeing him walking out from the door. It is more depressing than unable to solve math problem. It is when I run towards him and hug him for the last time. I hug him so hard until I realize I have no power in my arms to hug him anymore. As I let him out of my grip, I look into his eyes for a lifetime and give him a quick peck on his lips.

 

‘go. Before I hug u again.’

 

He giggles handsomely with him dimples flashing in all its glory over his face. ‘arasso. Take care…’

 

He gives a kiss in my forehead before disappearing behind the door. There goes my precious. I stand motionlessly before the door, unable to compose a right mind after seeing him go. There goes my precious.

 

 


i hate myself for having no inspiration nor motivated to write -.-'

sorry for keep delaying. TT.TT