coming home pt.3

My Handsome Housemate

  When I finish, I head to Taehyun’s room, and place myself for good on a mattress that is placed on the floor. After that, I begin to doze off quickly, having no idea where did Seunghyun, Taehyun and omma are.

 

The sound of clanking, clattering, chatting and laughing wakes me from my deep sleep. Seriously, it really has gotten on my nerves. Please! I’m tired and sleepy and ..... whatever. Blowing out some rough air from my lung, I try to open my eyes but a strong ray of heat get right through my pair of eyelid.

 

‘Defuq,’ I mumble annoyingly.

 

The room is irritatingly hot, which I guess it must be pussyfect day. I force myself to get up and open my eyes, and illuminated yellowish orange ray welcomes my sight. No wonder it is hot. The window is not opened and of course, there’s no ing air ventilation in this room. Damn! My head is spinning and ailing like hell. So, this is the result of not sleeping well for days and tiring myself to death which I think why on earth should I suffer this. Maybe I should just resign and open some new coffeehouse where I can order around my employee like a ing boss and...stupid. Okay, I’m stupid now. I overthink again and my emotion is not stable. Maybe I should get my off this room and clear my head off from all those stupid never-ending self-destruction ideas.

 

I finally, successfully get up and stretch a bit before walking lazily to the living room. Aaahhhhh~ at last. The cozy breeze happily swipes my face as the front door is opened widely. I look around. This wooden house is not that great or fancy or big, but it’s miraculously comfortable to be around here. There are only two rooms, omma’s and mino’s which is shared with his brother, Taehyun, and the kitchen is separated by a sliding door. The only bathroom is located behind the kitchen which I found it a bit scary at night.

 

The buzz and vibe coming from the kitchen keep on and on and I can recognize Seunghyun laugh blending. I smile at the thought of him. It’s a bit remarkable how he could mix around with people that he’s just known for couple of hours.

 

I take sluggish steps to the kitchen and as I slide the door open, I see omma is busying herself cooking and Taehyun plays his parts well as a helper, taking out stuffs from the refrigerator and Seunghyun is sitting at the table doing something. I go near him and he’s snapping off the bean sprouts.  He doesn’t even realise that I’m standing beside him as his 1001 attention is on the bean sprouts.

 

‘annyeong.’ I announce.

 

‘oh lord, you scared me!’ Seunghyun places his hand at his chest, exaggerating how shock he is. I tsked before placing myself on a chair beside him.

 

‘oh, you have wake up.’ I heard omma talks to me, but she doesn’t glance at me, just focusing on her cooking. Taehyun, on the other hand, looks at me before laughing out loud.

 

‘noona, who are you? Where’s my noona?’

 

In the lake of drowsiness that still is swirling in my head, I become confused at his word. Is there any bogey in mu eyes? I try to pick it up but there’s none. Hurmm.. I’m sure there’s no drool at my mouth as I’m never drooling in my sleep.

 

‘why?’ I ask him blankly. What did I do?

 

Then, Seunghyun seems to join him, laughing at me but in a control manner.

 

‘ahhh... why? What’s wrong?’ this time, I turn to Seunghyun and shoot him with if-you-don’t-tell-me-you’ll-die look.

 

Pointing at my hair, he says, ‘it’s a mess.’

 

Tsk! My hair is not a problem at all. I’m well aware of my hair condition when I wake up. It will poke out messily but it can be controlled easily too. Sticking out my tongue at Taehyun, I run my fingers in my hair, posing like a hair model and fixing it properly. After that, I stand up and launch at him, messing his well 5:5 half-divided hair. He screams at me in protest and try to fight me back but I manage to hold his hand in defence.

 

‘omma!!! Look at Taehyunnie. He’s disturbing me!’ I rat him out but before he could complain back, omma’s words fill the kitchen.

 

‘aigooo.. stop it you both. Taehyunnie, don’t disturb your noona. Come here, wash these fish.’

 

I laugh mockingly when omma backs me up and I could see Taehyun’s dissatisfying look. Then, when I am about to turn around, he tickles me off guards on my both sides which makes me screaming and laughing uncontrollably.

 

‘yah! Yah! Tae...Taehyun.’ I snort out difficultly while laughing madly. Satisfied with his revenge, Taehyun stops torturing after those hellish minutes, sticking his tongue playfully at me before stepping back to the sink. I could see omma laughing,looking at us while shaking her head disapprovingly.

 

‘Miannhe Seunghyun-na. These kids really don’t remember their ages when meet each other. Aigoo... my children.’ I hear omma complaining to Seunghyun the moment I check out the refrigerator to take out a packet of strawberries.

 

‘What’s wrong with my age, omma? I’m still child. FOREVER YOUNG.’ I talk back while walking to take a seat beside Seunghyun.

 

‘yah, with your age you should have married now.’

 

The moment I hear those words, I almost choke myself for good of the strawberry inside my mouth.

 

‘what...what marriage?’ I chuckle nervously, taking a quick glance at Seunghyun who is already looking at me.

 

‘you’re not young anymore, agaashi. By now, you should have your special boyfriend,’ says omma, putting down a delicious looking fried vegetable on the table. She takes a look at me for a moment before checking up Taehyun’s work at the sink.

 

‘I...’ I announce, ‘already have my special boy.’

 

At the very moment, all the three pairs of eyes fall upon me. Oh damn, I mentally faceslap myself for my stupid statement.

 

‘who?!’ Taehyun’s question strikes my hearing.

 

‘who else? Of course you and Mino. Hurmm..I plan to marry either one of you.’ I answer him seriously even though it’s a joke. By then, I could hear dissatisfying grunt from omma, (happy) sigh from Seunghyun and ‘aiiissshh’ from Taehyunnie.

 

‘noona! You said you love me more than Mino hyung. How could you plan to marry him too?’ Taehyun blurts out his thought, pointing a fish in his hand to my direction. I laugh heartily seeing his reaction. Babo dongseang.

 

‘well....’ I begin to sort out my mind about it. ‘to think about it, Mino is only five years younger than me.. and you are.... six years younger than me. Plus, you’re always fighting with me. Mino, on the other hand, loves me more than you.’ I put one strawberry into my mouth, catching a look at Taehyun. His mouth opens widely upon my explanation.

 

‘okay! I guess you don’t have to follow Seunghyun hyung and I to the river later.’ Taehyun pokes out his chest, staring fiercely at me.

 

‘what river?’ I turn to Seunghyun, waiting for his answer.

 

‘I don’t know too. Taehyun asked me along.’ Seunghyun looks at me with blurred face.

 

‘yaaahhh! Taehyunnie.. noona wants to go too!!’ Knowing that Seunghyun truly doesn’t have any idea regarding the river, I throw a desperate look on my dongseang.

 

‘maybe you should ask Mino hyung.’ Taehyun’s atill sulking, isn’t it? Hehehe *evil grin* I know how to persuade this spoilt boy.

 

‘Taehyunnie... you know noona’s joking only right?’ I ask tenderly.

 

Eirk, no response? He suppose to melt whenever I use that kind of tone to him... okay, doesn’t matter. It looks like I have to use my ultimate weapon against him.

 

‘Okay... if you bring me, I will cook you your favourite fried rice.’

 

‘huh?’ Taehyun looks at me with a brilliant shine in his eyes, ‘The fried rice wrapped in omelette?’

 

‘yeap!’

 

‘deal.’

 

As simple as that, I win my chance over that handsome boy. I smile over my triumph proudly.

 

****************************************************************************************

 

It is almost dawn that we are walking leisurely home, with an ice-cream in our hands. The sun begins to hide over the horizontal, illuminating the earth with dazzling red-orange colours. We keep laughing and telling jokes on our way. I could never believe how well Seunghyun is at fooling others, joking or even making funny faces. I glance at him, who is hiding his bright blue hair over a cap that he borrows from my dongseang. Then, I switch to look at the other tall man on my left. Although he has no blood related with me, she’s still treating me like I am his own sister. I would never ask for more from his family. Their warm love and sincere treatment makes me feel welcomed and loved more than my own family.

 

It has been so long since I am laughing with no worries with my own family. So long since ............fuuuhhh. I let out a burdened sigh that weighing myself. My heart is in pain again and my stupid tear starts to form, blurring my sight. The images of them starts flashing in my mind. Daddy... mummy... oppa...noo....

 

‘are you okay?’ a hand that pushes my shoulder wakes me up from my superfluous thought.

 

I look up at the owner of the hand, Seunghyun watches me back with a worried expression. When I see Taehyun has been few metres away from me, only then I realize I’ve stopped walking with them.

 

Trying to hide my true feeling, I throw a fake smile to Seunghyun and launch myself to Taehyun, grabbing his arm to walk into. Seunghyun jogs slowly to catch up with us. Then, we continue our walk quietly this time, mostly looking around to appreciate the beauty of mother nature.

 

 

 

 

 

As we are reaching the house, there is a truck parked beside my car, which I recognize it’s belonged to appa.

 

‘Oh, they are home.’ Taehyun mutters to himself.

 

‘MIIIIINNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO YYYAAAAHHHHHH!!!’ I scream at the top of my lung, expecting to see my other brother that I’ve been missing so much.

 

And he never disappoints me. Appearing from the house he is.

 

The moment I see Mino, I free myself from Taehyun’s arm, I run as fast as I could towards him and hug him without hesitation. He laughs before hugging me back, lifting me into the air.

 

‘yaaahh! Put me down. Put me down.’ I scream when I realize my feet off the ground. Scared of falling, I am.

 

Responding well to my order, he puts me down and give me a perfect teething smile that almost melt me in his own charming attraction. I scan him from head to toe in amazement. Wow. I almost don’t believe the trick played by my eyes when my chubby Mino that I’ve last seen him months ago has become more handsome, taller, tougher, and stronger than before. Not only that, his exposed arm muscles..... yahh! What was I thinking? He is my ing brother, fool!

 

‘Mi..noo...’ I utter those phonemes, still in disbelief mode, dazzling over his manly perfection.

 

‘Since when you become this handsome?’

 

He laughs again when he hears that question. God, I can’t take my eyes off him.

 

‘since you wet my shirt! What is this, noona?’ the owner of deep voice looks at his slightly damp shirt. I look at my own sleeveless drenched shirt then giving him an apologetic look to Mino.

 

‘sorry.’ I smile apologetically.

 

‘hyung!’ Taehyun calls upon his brother behind me, walking side by side with Seunghyun who is looking at me with... that kind of look. How should I explain, hurmm.. jealous look? Or mad look? Arghhh! I don’t know. Scratch that. Whatever looks which I don’t wanna care much about it.

 

When they reach in front us, I introduce Seunghyun to Mino.

 

‘Mino, this is Seunghyun and Seunghyun, this is Mino.’

 

‘TOP hyung?’ Mino locks his shocked gaze on Seunghyun.

 

‘top?’ I repeat blankly. ‘Who?’

 

Ignoring my question just like a useless wind, Mino quickly bows appropriately at Seunghyun and shyly reaches out his hand at Seunghyun where Seunghyun takes it at once.

 

‘You are TOP hyung, right? I’m your fan.’

 

Ahhhh... now I understand the situation. How can I forget that my company is an artist, the famous teee ohhh piiihhhhh.

 

‘nice to meet you.’ Says Seunghyun to Mino. At the moment, I could see Mino’s milk chocolate face turns slightly red.

 

‘yaaahhh.. why are you blushing?’ I ask, looking weirdly at Mino.

 

‘You don’t know noona? Mino hyung is a huge fan of rapper, especially Seunghyun hyung.’ Taehyun kindly answer my question without me asking. Tsk! Who asks you?

 

‘whatever. Do what you guys want. I wanna go inside first. Wanna meet appa.’

 

Before walking inside the house, I glance over the three men once again. I couldn’t believe myself that Mino could be that red when he sees Seunghyun instead of me. He seems to have more interest in Seunghyun rather than me. Fuming at those thought, I slowly slip myself to the room to change.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The night passes quickly than I expected. We have our dinner as a family, eating omma’s super delicious cooking and after that, Taehyun, Mino, Seunghyun and I hang out at the bench under the mango tree in front of the house where Seunghyun kind-heartedly teaches Mino rapping. He also offers the two kids to train under his company and he, himself record the video of Mino and Taehyun singing with his iPhone. I never realize that Mino can rap so well and Taehyun can sing beautifully. Seunghyun said he will personally deliver those video to his sajangnim. I don’t know what to say anymore, it’s the first time I see the kids looked so interested and happy when Seunghyun mentioned that. Well, I guess I don’t know them as much as I thought I do. Maybe I should spend more time here. But, above all, I am glad to see Seunghyun tries his best to be a good company to the Mino and Taehyun and he also can accept them without having any judgemental thought about them.

 

However, the ocean is not always calm when there comes hurricane striking our peaceful relationship.

 

‘hyung!! I wanna sleep beside noona. She promises me to.’ Taehyun pouts his mouth, asking for sympathy from Mino. Mino, on the other hand doesn’t care much about his brother begging and keeps protecting his place.

 

When did noona say that? Noona didn’t say anything about it. She’s sleeping here!’ Mino strongly makes a decision and put a pillow beside him, pushing Taehyun to the wall.

 

‘Hyung... please... I wanna sleep there.’

 

‘No!’

 

‘If that so, let noona sleeping in the middle. It’s fair and square!.’ Taehyun suggests.

 

‘Absolutely not!’ Mino stares at his brother.

 

Seunghyun and I become unnessescary spectators to this so-heart-wreching drama. Seriously. I’m a bit embrassed when they fight to sleep beside me in front of Seunghyun. I wish they can settle it without me interferes, but the drama continues until I can bear it no longer.

 

‘yahh! You two.’ I start and they stop arguing, fixing his eyes on me. ‘the mattress can fit only three people. Where do you suggest Seunghyun hyung will sleep?’

 

They fall into a silence upon my question. Seriously, what were they thinking? They expect I would let Suenghyun sleeps on the floor? NON to the SENSE!

 

‘I will be sleeping on the floor. You three sleep together, understand?’ I strictly instruct them, solving the there-should-be-not problem.

 

‘then, I’ll sleep beside you, noona!’ Taehyun charges to take a spot at the end of the mattress. But before he could even snatch his pillow, Mino already rolls over and lay down on the hot spot.

 

I facepalm myself over the silliness of these two brother. I look at them in disbelief. Taehyun whines again for being so helpless.

 

Ahhh... so noisy. Sick of the dictator-Mino ruling, I get up from the chair and walk toward mino, shoving him aside using my right feet.

 

‘Seunghyun hyung will sleep here. You two stop arguing.’ I tell Mino and Taehyun who are looking at me in disbelief.

 

Being hopeless, Taehyun at last lay down at his original sleeping spot, beside the wall. Mino, on the other hand, moves to the middle hugging his Minion pillow. I signal Seunghyun to take his spot the end of the mattress, beside me, which he obediently seat there without much talking.

 

‘That’s like it. Now sleep you three.’

 

I, then, switch off the lamp and take my spot on the floor, sleeping on a soft sheet. I know Taehyun would be sulking again over my decision, but I can’t have Mino dissatisfies if I take Taehyun’s side. Well, I think I’ve done well according to my own judgement.

 

‘Goodnight. I love you Taehyun. I love you Mino.’ I bid them goodnight and cover myself with comforter.

 

‘You didn’t say you love me..’ Seunghyun complains.

 

‘I don’t wanna love you.’ I answer him back. Stupid. How can I say I love him in front of my brothers? Plus, I don’t know whether I love him yet or not.

 

‘Say you love me too.’ Seunghyun insists.

 

‘please, Seunghyun. Go to sleep. Now Mino and Taehyun stop fighting, and you wanna start one?’

 

‘I don’t care. Say you love me.’

 

Mino and Taehyun laugh at Seunghyun’s words. Babo.

 

Frustrating, I finally give up and say in a monstrous tone. ‘I LOVVEEE YOOOUUU!!!’

 

Then, they three combined their laughter together. 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

sorry for making this chapter's boring. it's just a filler.. and... i lost my juice. having not enough sleep is a torture to me. 

support TAEYANG's comeback, okay? Ringaringaling~ ringaringaling~