Friend and Foe

My Handsome Housemate

 

Today is a new day. I wake up, having a fresh new spirit and a new hope. Last night was a beautiful and fine night. We, Seunghyun and I ate our dinner,sharing our life stories. I just knew that he is a composer in one of the leading entertainment company, YG Entertainment. He raps too. Although it was hard to believe at first, but he indeed is. I ask him to rap in front of me and he did it!

**************************

‘so, Seunghyun-sshi, what are you doing for living?’ I ask him with a sceptical look. Yeah~ who will not have this kind of thought when I barely see him leave for his work?

‘I am a composer. I sing too.’ He tells me coolly, with a bit sense of proud in his tone.

‘wowww~~ which company?’I say it sarcastically, raising one of my eyebrows. He notices it.

‘why don’t you believe me?’ he shoots me back.

‘well, cuz u’re kind of hard-to-believe person.’

‘what do you want me to do? Wanna come to my company?’ he asks me, felt challenged.

I laugh. ‘no need. Soooo… tell me one of your songs’ I ask him, slipping some of spaghetti into my mouth.

‘have you heard of ‘Oh Mom’, ‘still alive’ or ‘Blue’?

‘Yeah. I have heard it several times on the radio… Wait! Don’t tell you that you composed all those songs? Like seriously?’

‘Yeap.’ He smiles at me.

‘Sing it!’ I ask him excitedly.

‘What?’ he looks confused.

‘Sing it, I wanna hear your song.’

‘Which song?’

‘Any! Yaaahhhh~ hurry up!’

“Simjangi meojeun geotmangata jeonjaengi kkeutnago geu gose eoreo buteun neowana. Nae meorisok saegyeojin Trauma I nunmul mareumyeon chokchokhi gieokhari nae sarang. Gweropjido weropjido anha haengbokeun da honjatmal geu isange bokjaphan gon mot chama. Daesureupji amureohjido anha byeolsu eoptneun banghwang saramdeureun watda ganda”

‘Waaa~ do you really write that?’ my jaw drops when he finishes his singing.

‘Yeahh.’ He nods, sipping his orange juice from his glass.

‘Cooolll.. I wanna hear every song of yours.’ I ask him shamelessly and he promises to give me the copies of his songs. We continue chit-chatting until midnight and he kisses me on my cheek, bidding me goodnight and thanking me for the dinner. It may look lame, but I’m losing my mind when his lips touch my skin, and i have to admit that I like it. I like him.

**************************

 

Like my normal routine, I would prepare a breakfast before going to work. I’m looking forward to eat with Seunghyun but there is no sign of him. I try my best to make the toast as slow and loud as I can because I want him to wake up and accompany me eating but my effort is hopeless when he is nowhere to be spotted. So, I decide to check on him in his room. I tiptoe to his room and put my right ears on his door.

Silence.

Okay, this is depressing.

Something suddenly clicks my mind! Oh my god. What was I thinking? He has his life. He deserves to decide whatever he wanna do in his life. I can’t believe I nearly become stalker because of him.

I’ve lost my appetite to eat. So, I pour my coffee in the sink and throw my toast in the dustbin.

‘stupid ___(your name)____’ I cursed myself.

Then, I head toward the table which I always put my car key there. It isn’t there. Where the hell did I put my key? I let out a groan of frustrated and search for it everywhere including the couch, kitchen, bedroom, any drawers that available in my house and everywhere! Everywhere!

WHAT THE !

I curse again. Damn, everything has gone haywire because of the Seunghyun. Okay. Breathe in. Breathe out. Now, try to remember where I put it yesterday.

Going to work.. fall.. Jiyong’s office.. Jiyong sends me home… Oh, damnit!

It’s with Jiyong. He sent me home yesterday.

Feeling more irritated, I bang the door loudly before walking to the main road, waiting for a taxi.

**************************

‘Good morning, Daesung. Good morning Saera.’ I greet two of my teammates before going to my own cubicle. We have our own cubicles for our own spaces. But when we are going to work together, there’s a big room for us to stay, meet and brainstorm. Jiyong is a good boss, in my opinion because he always makes the worker felt comfortable and he’s not strict at all. We are free to do our work anywhere we wish for as long as we finish it up before the deadlines.

‘I’m giving you freedom to get your own inspiration.’ That’s what he said to us in our annual dinner last year.

 

**************************

 

Knock! Knock!

I hear someone knocks the desk of mine. I look up and see Jiyong standing at the end of my table. He looks smart in his black suit and a striking red shirt inside. His blond hair stays perfectly with the help of a gel. His Chanel perfume smells good, tickling my nostrils. He smiles attractively at me, placing a cup of instant coffee near my personal computer.

‘how’s your legs?’

‘much better.’ I smile, grabbing the coffee and sip it, trying to get my mood back.

‘can you walk?’

‘of course I can. I’m fine, Mr. Kwon. Don’t worry too much…’

‘okayy… if you say so. But, don’t say that I didn’t ask you first okay?’

‘why?’

‘I need you, Daesungie and Saera to come with me to Jeju. There’s an official conference about the project Mega X at 1 o’clock today. Can you come along?’

‘Today?’

‘That’s what I’ve said.’ I look at my watch. It shows 8 in the morning.

‘Seriously Jiyong. Why can’t you tell me a lot sooner?’ he laughs when he sees me in panicked states.

‘I need to confirm your well-being first, my dear.’

‘Well hell, this is my project too. Of course I need to know the details.’ He chooses to stay silent.

‘Does my outfit fit the event?’ I look down my clothes, checking whether the code is fit or not for the conference. Today, I wear a Peri blue woven long sleeves dress with front wrap design. The v-neck designed makes me look quite y, exposing my collarbones clearly, which I am afraid not suitable for attending the course.

‘Of course it is. We are not going for dinner. It’s a formality. Just relax.’ He says to me after checking my dress.

‘Be prepared. We set off another half an hour. I need to inform the other two chingu.’ Waiting no more, he steps away from me, heading to Daesung and Saera’s cubicles.

**************************

Around 10 o’clock, we arrive at Jeju International Airport. The place looks deserted than usual. Jiyong steps ahead from us and walks towards the entrance, as if he’s looking for something. After a while, he comes back to us.

‘where’s the car?’

‘what car?’ Daesung looks at Jiyong blankly.

‘Car’s for our transportation,. We’re not going to walk,just so you know. But, you’re welcome to.’

I notice Jiyong seems pissed at Daesung. I just laugh at his and Jiyong’s reaction. Saera does not mind at all about those two guys. Her eye’s fixing at the tall and handsome pilot who just walks out from the terminal with his two stewardess companions. She’s always like that, never been satisfied looking at hot guys. Jiyong pick out his iphone from his Hermes Birkin Rouge Red Garance then he steps a few metres away, seem to talk to someone. His face looks tense.

What’s happening?  I ask myself. He seldom pisses at people and when he does, tornado will soon come after. So I decide to go near him, standing behind him and take his belonging from his left hand. Then, I his left arm gently, wanting him to loosen up a bit. He looks at me, trying to throw a smile to me. I chuckle at his expression. From his conversation, I have eavesdropping that he’s conversing to his secretary about the rented car. I try to ignore the conversation while waiting for him to finish on the phone by playing with his slender fingers.

‘Are you interested with my finger?’

I startle when his voice knocks my eardrum. He’s looking at me with a wide smile. His ray-ban shade reflects my complexion which makes me realise that my hair is a mess.

‘Jesus, my hair is a mess. Jiyong! You didn’t even tell me!’

I beat him in his chest. So evil, he is just laughing at me, sticking out his tongue from me. I look at him in disbelief. Before I could fix my own hair with my own hand, both of his hands have already reached my head level and he fixes it for me. I stun a bit at his action, feeling embarrassed when he does that with Daesung and Saera around.

‘Okay. Perfect.’

 Smiling again, he grabs back his Birkin bag from my right hand. I think he has drunk coffee contained maximum sugar level, that’s why he keeps smiling to me since this morning. It feels weird a bit because we always show boss-worker relationships when there’s other members from the company are with us. Shaking my head, I try to get rid of this ridiculous wild thought from my mind. I look around to distract my notion and thank god, a Starbuck coffee house enters my sight. I just realise that I haven’t eaten anything this morning except for the coffee that Jiyong has brought. I want to ask over Jiyong to grab a meal there, but before that, I ask him about the car first.

‘so, how’s the car?’

‘Will arrive here for another half an hour. Stupid management.’ He sighs, looking bitter. This is Jiyong, he’s a perfectionist and he really hates when people screw his plan especially when people who are unable to be punctual.

‘It’s okay. Jiyong…. Can we eat? I’m hungry. I haven’t eaten anything yet.’ I smile to him with a spoiled tone while grabbing his left arm. He giggles when I behave like that. Actually, I like to act like that around him, because he reminds me of my brother, Choi  Dongwook. They’re friends as a matter of fact. They studied together at the same university but different course. Like I, my brother took architecture and he studied business management. But at the same time, Jiyong took a private lesson with my brother about structural design. When they’re in their senior year, I enrolled to the same university and we have been friends since then. That is why I do not call him ‘oppa’ or ‘Mr.Kwon’ and he doesn’t care either. We are actually more towards friends even though he is one year older than me. I’ve been treating him like the way I treat my brother.

‘euuuww.. spoilt brat,’ he pinches my nose and continues, ‘care if they join too?’

‘nope!’ I answer straight away. Then, I hear him calling the other two.

‘Yahhh~ Daesungie, Saera! Do you want to eat?’

‘I want!!’ I hear Saera answers it so loudly and as fast as her feet could bring her, she quickly approach to Jiyong’s other side and grabs his arms like I do.

. I curse her in my heart. One thing I hate about her is, she always copy whatever I do, whatever I wear, and whatever I have. Like seriously, get your own life. She also likes to be friend with my friends but she hates me to go near her friend, as if I am desperate enough to seize her friends. , please.

To show my disapproval, I let go Jiyong’s arm and turn behind to catch Daesung’s steps.  I could see Jiyong shock expression when I do that, but I just roll my eyes when he looks at me. Realizing that I’m angry at him, he throws his smile of guilt to me.

He knows I dislike her yet he didn’t show any effort to shove her off from his hand. Men are all alike.

Kwon ing Jiyong! I yell inside my stomach.

As God is trying to make up for creating that , suddenly I see a western restaurant just near the entrance door. Now I know how to escape from those two annoying people.

‘Daesung….’ I try to talk to him sweetly, sending him the sweetest smile I have, and continue, ‘let’s eat western. I’m craving for Chicken Chop.’

I see him blushing and he replies me with an awkward look, stretching his not-so-itchy scalp.

‘but they are going to Sta…’

‘let them  be. We’re eating western, okay?’ I cut fast his conversation and grab him arm to make a turn, heading for the restaurant. Without looking back, Daesung and I continue walking side by side and choose to sit at the very corner of the restaurant.

**************************

When I am laughing at Daesung’s stupid joke, I hear my ‘Whistle’ message ringtone sang by Florida ringing from my handbag.  Taking out the phone, I glimpse at Jiyong’s name on my screen.  I open the inbox to read the message.

‘where are you?’

Ignoring the text, I continue entertained myself with Daesung’s joke. Not long after that, another incoming message is received. As I expected, it’s from Jiyong.

‘yaaahh! Wanna die? What are you doing?’

‘eatin.’ I type the word lazily.

‘who’s that?’ Daesung asks me when he realizes I’m not paying attention at him.

‘Mr.Kwon.’ I answer it short and cold.

‘ohhh~.’ He nods his head. ‘What does he say?’

‘nothing. Just asking what are we doing.’

The moment I finish saying it, Daesung’s handphone rings and he answers it quickly. I could tell that Jiyong’s on the line. As soon as he cuts off the line, I ask him.

‘who’s that?’

‘Mr.Kwon. He’s coming with Saera.’

I roll my eyes again in the mention of that girl’s name. I won’t be so revolted at her if she didn’t playing two-faces.

 

Time surely flies fast when I see Jiyong and Saera step into the restaurant in no time. Jiyong’s eyes meet mine and I could see his dissatisfying looks in his look.

Hummph.. I’m not playing Saera’s game, Jiyong.

I send him served-you-right look, raising my eyebrow. He smirks at me and quickens his pace and takes his seat beside me and Saera beside Daesung.

‘Yaaahh, who told you to eat here?’ he scowls at Daesung which makes Daesung terrified.

 

‘I ask him to. Why? What’s wrong?’ I answer him for Daesung.

‘Well, someone’s telling me she wants to eat at Starbuck. Maybe she’s got a WRONG brain.’ I could swear that Saera smirks at me when Jiyong says that to me. Without anyone notices, I pinch him on his tight.

 

Screw you!

He winces of pain but tries to control it in front of the two people. In return, he glares at me, snatching my drink from my grip and finishes it by himself. Before I could react any further, he stands out and announces, ‘Car’s ready. Let’s go.’

Jiyong seizes along my ocean-blue bag that contained all the paperwork from this project and lefts like nothing has happened. Saera, again tails him like a shadow, annoying shadow as I were to describe. Daesung and I follow them from behind, continuing his unfinished story.

When I reach the parking lot, I see Jiyong’s leaning beside the passenger door of a black Audi A8 which I learn it is the rented car he’s waiting for. As I approaching, he looks at me through his shades.

‘I’ve saved you a seat, princess.’ He talks to me as if he’s whispering and opens the door for me. Smiling victoriously, I take the reserved seat. I can’t help from glancing at the back and see Saera’s face has turned sour. I know it is not a good habit to avenge her, but I can’t help myself to let him taste the pain of being pulled and twisted. Seriously, I really don’t know what sin I have done to her until she looks so desperate to look better than me. Unknowingly I sigh.

‘Are you okay?’ Jiyong asks me but his eyes still fix on the road.

‘yeah. It’s just…. Hurm.. my feet hurts.’ I answer him, looking down my bandaged knee and feet that Seunghyun did it for me yesterday. Without being invited, Seunghyun’s image enters my heart.

Where are you now, Seunghyun…

Daesung and Saera’s conversations snap me from my long-distance thought. Half-heartedly, I join them.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

HI GUYS!! WOOOA~ SUCH AN EFFORT TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER.. COMMENT IF YOU LIKE IT, OKAY??

THANKS YOU FOR THE SUBSCRIBERS AND ALSO THE VIEWERS, IT MEANS A LOT TO ME. :) 

(bow 90 degrees)

LASTLY, I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE COZ I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS FANFIC FOR SEVERAL DAYS. I'M GOING TO RURAL AREA, HAVING SOME PROGRAMMES THERE. STILL, STAY TUNED OKAY??

TAKE CARE AND BE SAFE, EVERYONE!

~D~