The past that haunts

My Handsome Housemate

SEUNGHYUN'S POV

The journey to our house seems like forever. None of us does the talking since we both hop in the car. I really don’t get this woman at all. One second she is punching the life out of me and the second later she is cracking a joke. Judging by her face, I don’t think she’s in the mood of talking. The dark face of her, gives me a bad feeling about this. After all, I did wonder, whether this woman is the same as Hyeri I knew two years ago.

 

I drive to the penthouse suite at a high end apartment complex. There is security in the front, and they are easily getting me in as they are already know the plate number of this car. Plus, I’m the only one who drove black, sportly-looking Bentley in here. It takes us almost half an hour journey, but no matter how long it takes, silence really kills us perfectly in its own way.

 

Unlocking the security button, Hyeri and I step inside. She looks a bit awkward when getting inside, make it pretty obvious that she remembers she never been here before. She looks around the living room for a moment before turning her head to me.

 

‘I’ve never been here before.’

 

Her words are simple and easy but it hurts me too much. Her even darken expression tells me a hint that this is not a good idea to bring her here. I am about to tell her something, but she is faster.

 

‘To think about it, I’ve never been into your real life.’

 

Oh God, there she goes.

 

Hyeri walks around the hallway, observing the be@rbrick miniatures that are displaying along. She smiles when touching them and her eyes sometimes wander around the painting on the walls. Architectural mind, she is. After tossing the car key on the pot beside one of the miniatures, I walk towards her, minding a careful gap beside her. If only she knew how much I want to hug her right now, but I really don’t know what it is in her mind.

 

‘Hyeri…’ I call carefully.

 

She turns his body to me and asks casually, ‘Where’s your room? I want to change.’

 

She is too casual and wears zero expression when she asks me that. I am too shocked but regain myself quickly. ‘Over there,’ I reply, showing her the direction using my eyes.

 

‘I’m going to take a bath first.’ Her voice doesn’t show any signs of interest in me other than wanting to clean herself first. She just walks before my eyes like nothing happen before disappearing along the stairs to the second floor.

 

Now man, I really confused about this girl. She has changed too much.

 

HYERI'S POV

 

I climb up the stairs and slip into Seunghyun’s room. Inside, I don’t feel like looking around, feeling as excited as 17 years old girls who is brought to amusement park by his boyfriend. I am here as nothing more or less as stranger. The last time I remember, I’ve never knew who is the real Choi Seunghyun or TOP. I just knew him as my handsome roommate who I effortlessly falling in love with. I know nothing about him, to be very honest. I don’t know what is his favourite food or drink. I don’t know whether he is the type of guy who will go into a club just because his friends ask him to. I don’t know how many siblings he has. I don’t know whether his parents are still alive or what. I really know nothing about him. I just live as a woman who love him more than herself. Looking back the past, I feel so mad at myself and him.

 

I go into the bathroom, undressing myself and turn on the shower. Stepping in I let the warm droplets hit my skin before I feel my knees collapse onto the ground. With a heavy thump, my whole body falls. I hug my knees against my chest as the water pours down on me, too exhausted to do anything.

‘Why do you come back, Choi Seunghyun..’

 

 

 SEUNGHYUN'S POV

 

‘Hyeri!’ I call her loudly, earning her head tuned to me.

 

She is leaning her back to the pillar, staring blankly into the wide black sky before her. Not a second she bothers to look at my face, even when she knows I’ve been searching her like a mad person right now when I realize she takes forever to change. Her face is blank, but her gaze darken. There’s a glimpse of water inside her eyes. I observe her from head to toe. Damn, she still looks gorgeous even after the years creep. She looks casually breathtaking in my oversized knitted sweater that fell off her shoulder and my shorts. Her hair is hanging perfectly around her neck and she looks so fresh even without the make-up. Except for those puffy eyes which are not before. She cried, don’t she?

 

‘what are you staring at?’ I ask. She shrugged.

 

‘nothing.’ She reveals, short and truthful.  I sigh, looking around the starry night. Neither of us seems to have the guts to start the discussion. But we don’t have forever to be like this. My eyes falls on Hyeri, once more, searching for the strength somewhere.

 

‘are you still mad at me?’

 

‘I don’t think it will be a problem for you or me anymore.’ She replies boringly.

 

‘but it’s important to me.’ I say, eyeing the girl in front of me. She has a bewildered look on her face as she turns her attention to me but still her silence grows. A thick air circulates around us as we stare at each other. Call us stupid, but it seems like we are having a staring contest right now, testing each other’s honesty. Who will fall first? Who will give up and apologize? Who will actually admit the wrongdoings?

 

A smirk appears on her face when I blink.

 

‘I know it was my fault.’ I say in defeated as she keeps her intense gaze on me. I move my body closer to her, so I could grab her hands and holds it like it is the most treasured thing I have in my whole life.

 

‘I’m sorry I left you, but I did it just to get you back. You won’t even know how much I love you, Hyeri.’

 

She scoffs when she hears the L words and pulls back her hands to hug her body. ‘don’t tell me the word, Seunghyun. Two years ago, I might trust you. But now, it already means nothing to me.’ She hisses before turning her head away once more.

 

I see something darker in her eyes, if only I know what it was. 

 

‘you would never know how miserable I felt when I realized you were not beside me when I woke up. You didn’t know how hurt it felt to be betrayed by your promises. You didn’t know how much I wished I died when I knew you won’t come back. I prayed to God to kill me. It pained me too much Seunghyun.’ She croaks. Her tone begins to change and drops of tears escape her eyes unwantedly.

 

If it was two years ago, I would hug her and seal from saying anything. It rips my heart too much to hear her suffered tone. It sickens me to see her tears. It kills me to think that it was me who cause that pain to her. If I didn’t ever meet her…this things won’t happen to her. Oh god, what have I done to her?

 

‘you would never know how painful I am to marry someone else when I have given my heart to someone else. You would never know how I live after you left me without a single damn word. You would never know how excruciating it is to see you on the TV or to hear your song on the radio. You have killed me so many times, Seunghyun. And now, here you are, saying you love me… after what you have done.’

 

Her sobbing echoes and it throbs my heart. I didn’t know how much I’ve hurt her. That warm-hearted Hyeri is disappeared. Only that cold-hearted Hyeri is sitting and crying her out in front of me.

 

‘I’m sorry for loving you non-stop.’ I start. ‘I’m sorry I said I love you after all I’ve done to you. I’m really, really, really sorry for what I’ve done to you.’

 

By apologizing, I thought it would make it better, but it just makes it harder. Hyeri is sobbing even louder this time. I really don’t know what I have to do. I didn’t even have the balls to hug her this time. Damn Jesus, I really feel hopeless right now. I wish I could read her mind and understand what is going on in her heart. She is so shut off and cold now. I have seen a powerful and charming woman in her before, but now she is like a lifeless robot. 

 

Finally, after mustering all the strength left inside me, I scoop her closer to my body. Remorse spreads through the whole cells in my body and it makes me feel sick in my stomach. The stupid action that I believed it was a clever one years ago turn her-turn us into this state. The warm breath of her sobbing slays my skin, making me want to puke the shame myself. I don’t even know how I am going to fix this. How can I forgive myself eaily after the very-coward things I did to her?

 

‘Hyeri…how could I make this up again?’ I say in croaking voice.

 

It takes her a while before she stop sobbing in my chest and look up, meeting my eyes.

‘Don’t leave me again…’

 


i have been wondering, whether i should make them having a nice make-up morning or just act like grown-up. Well guys, could you please help me decide? OMG, i can't think anymore.

I believe Hyeri must be stupid enough to neglect her husband just for her two-years unrequited love with Seunghyun. After all, she knows she just can't leave Jiyong for Seunghyun. -.-'