Rainbow after the storm

My Handsome Housemate

 

Annyeong~

Sorry for the late update guys.

Actually, i have one concern that I need your feedback, like seriously! Do you guys dislike Jiyong? It seems like it when I update chapter about him. I want to update more about him, but your feedback worries me. huhu. I skip his part and do Seunghyun's first. Could you please tell me whether you want Jiyong to become second main character,or not, okay? Do comment below. Please~ *headache*

P/S: Thanks to the subscribers and upvoters too.. You guys make my day brigther. ^^ (hugkisshugkiss)

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Seung Hyun’s POV)

 

Ring…. Ring….

Urgh. A groan of irritation escapes my mouth. Who the is calling? With annoyance and drowsiness, I look at my wristwatch and the glow-in-the-dark hands read 4.30. The ringing doesn’t stop which force me to grab forcefully the phone from the bedside table. I push hastily on the green button and put it near my ear.

‘hello…’

‘hyung!’ the loud sound coming from the caller force me to put the phone a bit distance from my ear. It’s Youngbae.

‘hyung! Are you there?’ again, the loud voice slaps my eardrum.

‘yaa! Wanna die? Do you think I’m deaf?’ I said, with a frustration sleepy deep voice.

‘Mianhe hyung.’ He chuckles. ‘hyung, you promise to finish my song today. Let’s get to work!’

‘babo-ya! It’s 4.30 a.m. IN THE MORNING, I repeat.’ I say it loudly. I think he must be crazy to start work at this early. Even dawn isn’t breaking yet.

‘what’s wrong with it? Hyung! We should exercise first at gym to have freesssshhh mind. You need it,hyung.’ He stressed at the word fresh which makes me more annoyed with him.

‘well, I need more sleep to be more freeesssshhhhh!!!’ I kinda shout at him when I sarcastically stress on the fresh part.

 ‘ahhhh! I don’t know. I’m picking you up at your house. I’ll be there another 15 minutes. You better get out hyung, or else I’ll kick your door open.’ His voice sends me a vibration of tension. I’m afraid he’ll do what he means. That is Youngbae’s nature. When his mind is on something, he will work at it until it satisfies him. And now, I become his victim to help him arranging the music and also completing one or two of the unfinished songs. He is going to have comeback soon enough, so he needs my help as he’s producing his solo album by himself this time. I don’t mind helping him because I always cherish him as a good friend, a better dongseng.

‘I’ll hang up’ I say to him before pressing the red button on the screen. I toss my phone beside me and close my eyes, trying to steal a minute or two to continue my dreamless sleep. Minutes passed, but I am no way to sleep again, so I force myself to get up, before Youngbae’s arrival or I will have __(yourname) __’s door broken. 

***************************

(Your POV)

The conference about the Project MX continues till almost 10 in the evening which it makes all energy in my body has been driven out for good. After the dinner, all the participant of the project needs to present their development of the latest design and give a briefing about the production of the construction documents and the specifications. The last minutes task is given to test the participant’s seriousness and understanding about the project which I think is a good way to determine which company is the best to be worth competing. Our team works so hard upon completing the presentation and also the video which I am in-charged to. Daesung and Saera work on the plans while Jiyong is helping me out with the specifications and the design. The $43 million project is not something to be joked for.

Jiyong has already booked us room to spend a night here and the bad luck is, I need to share mine with Saera. I don’t blame Jiyong for that. After all, a room at this luxurious Lotte Hotel is worth a fortune. Lucky enough we don’t need to pay it ourselves. During the dinner, I text Seunghyun to inform him I won’t be able to go home tonight. It feels so reluctant to do it as it is my first time conversing with him via our mobile.

 

‘TO: Renter CSH :)

MESSAGE : Seunghyun-sshi. Where are you at? Home?’

 

No reply. Is he sleeping? Or does he not realize it? I send him another message in case he’s busy at that time.

 

‘TO: Renter CSH :)

MESSAGE : I won’t be able to come home tonight. Please look after the house. Thanks. J’

 

Upon the closing speech by the CEO of Mega company, my phone suddenly vibrates on the table. Saera tries to peep at the caller’s name but my hand is faster to grab it out of her sight. The screen reads ‘Renter CSH :)’ which makes my thumb pressed on the green button without wasting any second. I turn my body a bit and cover the phone with my other hand to avoid distracting other people.

‘Hello…?’ I answer.

There is a loud distance noise coming from the caller.

‘Hello?’

This time, I heard female voice’s entering my hearing. The strains of music are so loud and heavy which telling me with no doubt that he IS at a club right now.

‘HAHAHAHA~ I THINK YOU SHOULD DRINK IT ONE-SHOT! YOU WILL FEEL BETTER, OPPA!’

My ear catches another overlapping conversation between men.

‘THE GIRLS LOOK HOT.’

‘LET’S BE YOUNG TONIGHT!!!’

I have enough of those hellish conversations which I believe he accidently pressed his button and called me. I press the off button hard and put it back on the table. Trying to have back my concentration on the speech, I realise it is impossible. Those conversations keeps replaying and replaying like never ending broken cassette. He seems to have fun out there with his friends, and his female companions. Why would he bother to reply my messages, after all, I am just his house lord and he has nothing to do with me.

The thought of I am no one to him gives me pain in my chest. We seem to have a lot of fun when we spend our time together and he looks worried enough when he treated my wound yesterday. I thought, at least, he would ask me where I am going to spend a night tonight or a simple ‘okay’ reply from him. An angelic living statue and popular guy like him; of course he has lots of friends and millions of girls waiting in line just to date him. Why am I stupid enough to believe that he actually really care about me? He’s being nice to me out of courtesy. Babo!

When the conference finally finishes, Jiyong asks us whether we want to go straight to rest or want to enjoy the night life there. I hear Daesung suggests going to the hotel’s bar and Saera asks Jiyong for a ride around the beach. My head feels heavy enough to give a whatever they are planning to, so I just stay silence beside Jiyong.

‘Want to follow us, __(yourname)__?’ Jiyong turns to ask me.

‘no, thanks. I’m tired.’ I reply him with flat intonation and I’m sure he notices my change in my expression.

‘Oh! Come on __(yourname)__! It should be fun. Let’s just grab couple of drink at the bar. I heard the bar has the best wine in Jeju.’ Daesung tries to persuade me.

‘I’m tired Daesungie.’

‘Are you okay, __(yourname)__?’ This time, Saera opens .

‘Seriously, what’s wrong with you guys? Just go ahead, have fun. I’m tired, okay? I don’t bring any spare clothes, thanks to Mr.Kwon’s last minutes information. Besides, my feet sore and my knee stings.’ I tell them. I do not mean to hurt anyone, I’m just tried and my head aches. All I need right now is a good sleep, to forget things. To forget Seunghyun. To forget the pain in my chest.

‘Alright then. Let’s meet here in another half an hour. God, my body’s sticking like hell.’ Jiyong finals his decision and grabs Daesung’s shoulder. I notice he keeps having his eyes on me. ‘what?’ I mouth him. ‘wait,’ he instructs me back using lips signal.

Daesung and Saera walk in front of us, heading to the lift. I’m sure they’re in hurry to get change before enjoying their night here. Beside me, Jiyong takes the bag from my left hands and put his free hand on my shoulder, squeezing it a bit.

‘are you okay?’ he looks at me, giving me a charming smile that send a calming sensation to my heart. I smile back at him.

‘I’m fine… I’m just tired. Really.’ I try to sound real enough to make him believe me.

‘are you sure? You look different after taking that call inside the hall.’ He still holds my shoulder when we enter the lift. Daesung and Saera is already nowhere to be seen.

‘it’s nothing, Ji.’ I like it when Jiyong caught me lying, he really knows me well, just like my brother. Comforting myself, I lean my head on his shoulder, but it isn’t long. The lift beeps, indicating that we have arrived at our floor and the door opens automatically. He sends me in front of the room reads 313.

‘Are you sure you don’t want to come along?’ Again, he asks me.

I smile at him. ‘100% sure.’

‘Do you want anything?’

‘Buy me clothes, can you? I don’t to wear this again, tomorrow. Something casual, okay?’

‘Short?’

‘I’d love it.’

Jiyong gives me back my bag before kissing me goodnight on my cheek. When he is walking away to his room, I call him.

‘Ji….’ He turns back at the moment his name escapes my lips.

‘I wanna hug you.’ He smiles. Within second, he opens his arms. I walk briskly into his embrace. Closing my eyes, I wrap my hand around his body. Whenever I have something bothering my mind, I always find him. His hug gives me warmth that could clear all the dark cloud in my mind. He is my third best men in my life after dad and oppa. It might look weird by others, but for me, Jiyong is nothing more than a brother to me.

‘I know something’s wrong.’ He talks as a whisper to me. I do not answer him instead; I just hug him silently for another couple of minutes. I kiss him on his cheek too, as a thank you compliment for letting me relieving a bit of my tension in his arm before slipping myself into my room.

 

***************************

 

I park my red Volkswagen Beetle in my garage and I can’t wait any longer to check up whether Seunghyun is home or not. It is hard to guess from the outside because he does not bring any car here which makes me think he’s unemployed at first, or a very dangerous serial killer that needs to mask his identity.

I unlock the door and observe his shoes at the shelf and his sandals are placed regularly in front of the doorstep. He’s home. That’s it. It’s time to launch another nuclear bomb, you ing ignorance, fellow. My bad mood is still lingering my soul which makes no smile or sweetness craved on my face.

The moment I enter the living room, I spot Seunghyun sits on his regular place on the couch, reading what it seems to be a decoration magazine. Acting like he’s invisible in my sight, I walk straight to the dining hall. To let him know that I am now in a real-serious-protest mood, I put down my heavy handbag on the dining table loudly; loud enough as it echoed irritating sound for my hearing. Then, I move to the fridge, taking the cold mineral bottle and finish it with one shot. I take out another bottle and drink it with fury at the thought of Seunghyun.

‘Someone seems thirsty.’

I shift my gaze to the direction of the voice and I see Seunghyun is smiling at me, leaning himself on the cabinet beside the fridge. I roll my eyes on him and continue to finish up the water.

‘Are you ignoring me?’

What the . Looks who’s talking. Who ignores who now? I walk passed him but he’s blocking my way with his tall and big body.

‘Where are you staying at last night?’ The way he’s asking me just like a father and it adds the spice to my fury. Who is he to ask that kind of question? You yourself seem to enjoy your night with those es.

To avenge him, I choose to continue ignoring him. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, ignorance for ignorance. I try to walk passed him but his hands is quicker. He’s blocking me.

 ‘why did you ignore me?’

This time, I look up and shoot him a laser with my eyes.

‘I, ignore you? I’ve sent you two messages yesterday, in case you don’t know, and all I got is a time flying without a single dot reply! I don’t care how busy you partying all night with all those es but at least, if u get a least common sense left, you should reply…’ I pause. ‘never mind. It’s your business and I have no right to interfere.’

I catch his surprised look on his face. For seconds, he stays static and frowns at me, giving me unpredictable expression.

‘How did you know I was in the club last night?’ he asks me.

‘you accidently called me.’ I stare at him fiercely.

Instead of giving what- explanation, he just stays silence and it only bugs the beast inside me. To avoid any more mental disturbances, I walk away from him into my room.

Knock! Knock!

He knocks on my room door. I do not open it. Instead, I am holding at the door knob firmly, preventing myself from him to barge in.

‘hey, listen. I left the house very early in the morning, at 5. Youngbae asked me to help him and as his co-producer, I can’t let him to work alone. Besides, there’re several songs that we need to work on it immediately. I left the studio to club as the workers there invited me to. And the es you said about, they are my colleagues, an artist too. For your information, I don’t go to club just to look for a girl.’

I hear him stop, but the shadow of him standing still can be looked from the crack of the door on the floor.

‘_______-yah. I read your messages yesterday. But when I’m still typing, my sajang suddenly came and talked to me. What choice do I have to avoid him?’

His voice sounds depressing over the door and surprisingly, it breaks my heart to continue listening to it.

‘I know you are tired, me too. I have worked since yesterday and I haven’t got any sleep yet. I’m waiting for you, you know. You have no idea how worried I am when I notice you are not at home last night. I have enough pressure from my boss, my friends, and everyone at the company and I am tired enough of everything. All I need is to see you, but …… you don’t even want to see my face.’

Only God knows how guilty I am for being mad at him after listening to his explanations. Babo! I should ask him first before exploding.

The moment I want to twist the door knob, his shadow is missing under it. Where did you go, Seunghyun?

I open my door slowly, peeking Seunghyun by stretching my neck over the door. He’s not there. I walk out to find him at the kitchen, his not there too. He’s not going outside, right? By checking his sandals at the doorstep, I’m sure he’s not going anywhere. His room? it. How on earth am I going to barge into his room? It’s his personal space!

No matter how much I don’t want to do this, my feet already betray me by bringing me right in front of his room. Damn, I don’t want to do this. I don’t want to face him, except I also sort of want to and know I have no other choice. I know I haven’t been fair to him, and at the very least, he deserve an apology. He waits for me, isn’t it? Of course, I need to fix things. Steeling myself in case he is angry with me, I knock his room with heart pounding like mad.

He does not answer my knocking. I know he’s there and I know he’s not sleeping. So, I brace up myself to enter his room, without his permission. I see him standing facing the window, with arm folded together. I walk towards him and stop a few feet away. Up close, his expression is unreadable.

 

Not exactly what I have hoped for, but it is not entirely unexpected either. He has all right to mad at me too.

‘Seunghyun…’ I call his name as a beginning and I am thankful enough when he turns and faces me although he does not smile. Frankly, I am scared seeing him like this and I swear my heart pounding rapidly.

‘I’m sorry. Really, really, really sorry. I know I’m not supposed to be angry at your, well at least, I should hear your explanation first before jumping into any conclusions. I’m just so mad when I thought you’re enjoying yourself at the club last night.’

‘I didn’t’ he snaps.

‘I know. And I ‘m sorry.’ I tuck a strand of loosen hair behind my ear, feeling shame well up in my chest, but trying not to let it show. ‘I am angry and upset. I thought you didn’t care at all about me.’

‘Are you saying it was my fault?’

‘No. Not at all. There’s a lot of stuff that was going on yesterday and I was so tired. When I picked up your call and heard that you’re having fun….. I just can’t control myself being angry at you. I thought you intentionally ignoring me.’ I run a nervous hand through my hair. It feels so hot in his room even though he does on his air-conditioner.

Seunghyun takes a moment to absorb what I have said. ‘Why do you think I am ignoring you? We have fun together before this.

I close my eyes. Why? I wonder. Because I am an idiot and hot-tempered. Because I miss you. Because I’m scared you ignore me for other es. But I don’t say those things. I simply shake my head. ‘I don’t know.’

After a long pause, he unfolds his arms and tucks his thumbs into his pockets. ‘Is that all you want to say?’

‘I want to apologize.’ I say. ‘I’m sorry. I overreact.’ My voice subdues.

‘yeah, you did.’ Seunghyun shots me back. ‘You are indeed irrational. Anything else?’

‘I think I drink you mineral water. I’ll compensate it back.’

He flashes me a brief smile and I feel myself begin to relax again.

‘Okay.’

‘ ‘okay?’ That’s it? That’s all you’re going to say after I swallow my pride to apologize? ‘Okay’?’

Instead of answering, Seunghyun takes a step toward me, and all at once, everything happens quickly to even make sense of it. One second he is standing there, several feet away from me, and in the next he has a hand on my hip and is pulling me close. Leaning in, he kisses me. His lips are soft, and he is surprisingly gentle. Maybe because it is simple he catches me by surprise, but even so, I find myself kissing him back. I miss him, remember?

The kiss doesn’t last long, and it is not that kind of earthshaking, legs-wobbling, soul-destroying kiss common in movies these days, but even so, I am glad it happened. When he pulls back, I can feel the blood flooding my cheeks. His expression is kind but serious, and there’s nothing funny-funny about it.

‘The next time you’re mad at me, talk to me,’ he says. ‘Don’t ignore me and don’t avenge me. I don’t like playing games.’

I feel a little off balance as I walk back to my room. Replaying our kiss for hundredth times, I still am not sure how exactly does it happen. But I like it. I like it a lot. I kinda get this feeling that it will happen again, I am not sure when, but it will, sooner or later.