It's all about work

My Handsome Housemate

Today, I set off for work a bit early than usual because of the anxiety I have for the result of the Project Mega X competition that is being to be announced today at 8 in the morning. God, I can’t sleep well yesterday and to be exact, I just able to close my eyes for two hours only. At 7.00 on the dot, I have arrived at the K Construction parking basement, being one of the early birds who reach the company as there have been several cars came in my sight. I recognize Daesung’s Hyundai car. He must be dying to know about the result as well. My legs start to tremble as soon as I step out from the car. It’s not usual for me to be in this nerve-wrecking situation but this whole this 43 billion won damn project has cost my team and I to put all the commitment we have to give our best, and let alone the midnight’s oil we put together. When I arrive at my department at level 8, I can see the office still looks deserted as it is still early for the worker to come in. Besides, at this level, only the main and best workers are being positioned as well as the president’s office. My team; Daesung, Saera and I are one of the lead architect teams chosen and sorted by our accomplishments which give us the priority to handle big project.

 

As I walk passed my sunbae, Daesung’s desk, I greet him first before taking my seat at my own cubicle. Without wasting any time, I turn my personal computer on and nervously staring at the screen. I still got 45 minutes to the announcement, but I can stop myself worrying about the result. All of a sudden, I remember the conversation that Jiyong and I had when I met him in his office yesterday.

 

**********************************************************************************************

 

‘Morning, Sunshine!’ I shouted out happily as soon as my feet in my boss’s office. I saw him went through the papers in his hand seriously before lifting his head in my direction.

‘Oh, you’re here. What’s the matter?’ he asked me coldly, unlike usual. I was a bit shocked seeing this side of him as he would always give me his best smile at the sight of me. What’s wrong with him today? He looked awfully tense.

‘What’s wrong?’ I asked him back softly. Then, I went behind him and began to massage his stiff shoulders. He leaned on the chair before letting out a loud sigh.

‘I’m getting nervous.’ He began.

‘Mind to share?’ This time, I let go his shoulder and leaned over his table, crossing my arms. I knew this will look inappropriate a bit as he is my boss and I had to respect his title in this building but now, the man in front of me is my friend, Jiyong not Mr.Kwon. He looked at me with a wrinkle in his forehead.

‘Ya babo-yah! The Project Mega X victor will be announced tomorrow!’ he raised up his voice.

‘Omo! I forget!’ I face palmed myself at my own stupidity. How can I be so brainless, forgetting something important like this? Then, I composed myself on the spur of the moment before calming him down.

‘Don’t worry, Ji. We’ve done our best. I’m sure our effort will be paid off.’

‘I know we are good but we’re not the best. You saw Mirae Construction’s presentation the other day? Their design is unique. I feel challenged!’ Jiyong ruffled his own hand, looking so miserable.

‘Our plan is great too, Ji. In fact, I think we’re much better than them. We stress on balance of the nature and the structure. They just focused on the concrete part. I think they missed the point where the MX wants the competitor to look at the project as a whole, not focus on the building structure only.’

As soon as I finished my talking, he looked at me with a grin on his tired face.

‘You’re really good at these little details, aren’t you?’

I giggled femininely. ‘You know me well, Ji.’

‘so,,, you think we will win?’ he asked me again, searching my eyes for truth. I couldn’t lie to him but I was not sure for myself about the winning too.

‘It’s not like we’re going to bankrupt if we lose this project. But I hope we can make it.’

I flick his middle finger at his right hand, trying to entertain him a bit.

‘Thanks,_______’ he squeezed my left hand firmly and throws me his best smile to me.

 

**********************************************************************************************

 

‘yaaah!’ The shrieking noise from my side startles me back to reality. I turn around and see Daesung already beside me on his own chair. He must be wheeling himself over.

‘pardon, what is it again?’ I ask him again, making my best guilty face this blonde man.

‘I’m asking you whether you sleep or not last night jibe-ya!’ he flicks my forehead before biting his finger again. I laugh awkwardly when I see his frustration starting to take over.

‘Nope.’ Short and simple I answer him. He nods his head and locks his gaze on my PC. It’s already 7.45 a.m and people start to rush in this floor. The slow ticking makes me more nervous and restless. I begin to shake my legs frantically below the table which makes it shaken.

‘Damn it, Choi! Stop that. You’re making my table in the urge of volcano erupted too,’ Saera shouts at me and by the way she calls my family name, I’m sure I have pissed her enough.

‘Sorry, Sae.’ I mumble under my breath, and my voice sounds a bit shaky to my own hearing.

‘You know what? Your both expressions are pain in my right now!’

I look at Daesung before turning to Saera. Daesung seems to have nothing to say to her even though the girl is just using bad words to him. I, on the other hand, want to argue back but I see her eyes trembled and I know she’s nervous too but she’s just being a jerk, acting like she doesn’t care less about this.

‘Sae, has Mr.kwon arrived?’ I try to divert the entire negative aura from her by changing the subject.

‘I think so. I see his car at his parking,’ her voice sounds loose a bit and I am glad to hear it, glad to hear Ji has arrived and glad to hear Sae’s loosening voice. Then, I fall into silence again, and I notice Sae also has came over my cubicle to wait for the result with Daesung and I. With them around, I feel less worried but the nervousness doesn’t seem to fade away.

10 minutes passes.

3 minutes left.

2 minute more.

25 seconds. The clock ticks slower than usual and I feel like being mocked that way. My heart keeps thumping the quicken pace which I’m not sure I could bare it for much longer. The air feels stuffy in my respiratory system.

Any second from now.

As soon as the clock strikes 8, I refresh the company emails at once. Loading… Loading… and nothing.

‘What the ?’ Saera curses loudly which makes Daesung to jump on his feet due to shock.

‘Really? Are they at South Africa right now? Geezz! Someone needs to teach them PANTUALITY.’ For the second time, Saera’s loud voice echoes in my own cubicles.

My trembling hand hastily clicks on the mouse, refreshing the page for the second time.

Nothing.

For the third time I try my luck, refreshing the page and ……… nothing.

My ears catch frustrated moans from Daesung and another mumbling from Saera but I just let out a heavy sigh.

‘Are you sure they gonna announce it today?’ Daesung asks me nervously, continued biting his finger.

‘I don’t know sunbae. ! I think I’m gonna die from heart attack soon.’

I try to do my fourth attempt at refreshing the same damn page, but before I do that, I fold my hand together and close my eyes, praying it will be successful this time. Please..Please…Please….

Click!

Opening my eyes slowly, I search the page to look for any email and my eyes lock on something!

 

ONE NEW EMAIL FROM MX ART CONSTRUCTION.

 

Before clicking it opened, I could hear Daesung’s excited voice it’s there, it’s there and Saera’s half scream of what is it saying but I don’t give any damn to their comments. Instead, I concentrate my heart and soul on the content of the new received email.

 

Regarding your participation in the Project Mega X presentation competition, we are honoured to announce your company; K Construction has successfully chosen to be.....”

 

‘arrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!’ I scream at the top of my lung, jump on my feet and hug Saera, almost choking her in the happiness I bore.

‘What is it? Why?!!’ Dae is already on his feet, still holding the previous nerve-wrecking expression in his face. 

Without bothering explaining to him, I strangle my hand over his neck, and jump like a drunken woman.

‘we did it! We did it!’ I tell them breathlessly, too happy to compose myself down to the earth.

‘what?!’ Daesung’s amazement voice strikes my hearing.

‘holy !!’ Saera curses in our embrace before hugging us even tighter.

As soon as we get off from each other’s embrace, Daesung announces loudly and proudly to the remaining members on the floor who are looking at us with hundredth question marks hanging their faces.

‘WE WON THE 43 BILLION WON PROJECT!!’

The floor echoed with applause and I could hear mumbles of congratulation filled in the air from the staffs. There are some of them coming towards us and shake our hands. I give my best smile to them, feeling proud and happy for myself. However, this atmosphere seems weird to me, as if something has been missing. What is it? To think about it, I have realized it’s not something missing, it’s someone!

‘Mr.Kwon!’ I mumble.

‘Where is he? I’m going to find him,’ I point my finger to Saera and run carefully in my high heels to his office.

‘Mr.Kwon is not here.’ Her secretary tells me loudly when I pass her, which makes me to brake abruptly, almost falling myself when I turn to that nice sweet unni.

‘Where’s he, unni?’ I address Seeda informally as she hates it when I call her family name, Dang.

‘I don’t know. But I saw his Birkin inside so he must be here somehow.’

Yes. Jiyong must be here because he’d never left his favourite bag behind.

‘Okay, unni. Thanks anyway.’

I continue my searching for Jiyong everywhere, including cafeteria, coffee room, lobby, HR departments, men’s toilet, and everywhere, everywhere! But Jiyong is nowhere to be seen. Sweat begins to form on my forehead and I stop my searching, sitting myself on a sofa near the security room. Where the are you now, Ji? I borrow one of the security hand phone to call him, but no luck is on my side today. That man has off his phone! Urgghhh! Frustrating, I close my eyes, try to think where else should I find this man. Coffee room... toilet.. outside...rooftop...cafe... wait! Rooftop? Yeap! He must be in rooftop. Without wasting any moment, I jump on my feet heading to rooftop. I slip myself in the lift, pressing the button ‘11’ and lean myself on the lift barrier. Breathing in and out gradually, I try to calm myself from the exhaustion, running here and there. The moment the lift opened, I rush up taking the stairs to the rooftop.

‘Jiyong!! KWON JIYONNGGGGGG!!’ I scream out loud, calling my favourite boss’s name but still; even one strand of his hair doesn’t enter my sight. Ok, now I’m officially frustrated with this man.

‘Where are you Kwon Jiyong? I’ll make you pay for this suffers!’ I stop my feet, placing my hands on my hips and panting breathlessly. , I’ve been searching him like a fool. Please, let be here, Ji.

I look around back and forth, here and there. Luckily, when I almost lose my hope, a figure of one fine man, in a black suit come into my eyes unexpectedly. By the appearance of the hair, which is currently dyed gold in colour, it gives me no doubt that it is Jiyong. Why is he standing there? Does he know the result already? I’m taking a light step to him, whilst my mind works frantically hard of thinking why is he disappearing himself here. Why is he alone? Is he sad? He’s supposed to be happy if he knows the result already. If he knows….unless…he didn’t! He must don’t the result, that’s why he is ‘meditating’ himself here. Grinning evilly to myself, I bring myself a foot closer to him.

Jiyong doesn’t seem to realize that I am there. Closing his eye, he folds his hands to his chest, and his hair is waving gracefully because of the wind. By his appearance right now, he looks almost flawless, like a statue that is being given a life to breathe this fresh air. Yet, there’s a slight depression written over his face, and it’s giving him a dark sensation. This will make my plan perfect and I know there will be consequence of my doing. Be damned! This is my time now, after all, I am the one of the mastermind behind this success.

‘Ji! Don’t do it!! Pleaseee.’ I beg him dramatically and my unpredicted yelling startled him off guard.

‘You shock me! What are you doing here?’ he asks me with a high-pitched voice.

‘What am I doing here? Of course I’m looking for you idiot! What are you thinking?? Killing yourself won’t help!’ I try my best to look real and confident enough with my word even though I can’t hold myself to laugh.

‘Killing myself? What? What are you talking about? Why..why should I kill myself?’ I can tell how anxious he is by the shuttering of his words.

‘Hah?’ I start to do a blur face. ‘I thought you want to harm yourself. You know… about the project….i’ve found you everywhere. I’m sorry,Ji….’ This time, I try to look like I’m sympathizing with him and I his arm apologetically. He seems to realize the situation I am in now as he looks at me with a bitter face and I could see his eyes starts to water as well as his clenched jaw.

He doesn’t talk as minute passes but his lips let out a heavy sigh and his shoulders fall off a bit.

The drama doesn’t stop there as I want it to look more dramatically. So, I step forward and hug him to show my fake ‘sorry’ about the loss of the tender. Jiyong, on the other hand, is nether hugging me back or moving an inch of his body. He stays there static, like a statue and I feel it more hilarious. I know I will be a dead meat when he finds out about my Cameron Diaz-level of acting.

When I’m loosening my clasp, I look up the taller man, straight into his eyes.

‘Are you that sad?’ I ask him in the most remorsefully tone and he looks at me with that lost puppy eyes.

‘I don’t know what else to say.’

‘well, you should say something about me lying!’ That’s it! I’m losing my control and start to laugh like a madman. He looks at me with a total confusion on his expression.

‘lying? What lie?’

‘we did it!’ I say it too excitedly, almost jumping, but then I’m still able to control myself in front of my boss.

‘did it? Did what? Yaahhhh!! Stop laughing!’ He grabs my shoulder demandingly.

‘we got that ing project,Ji! We did it! You did it!’

He takes seconds to digest my saying before he suddenly hugs me off guard and turning me around like a doll. He laughs happily.

When he finally puts me down, he flicks my forehead so hard that it makes ‘pop’ sound.

‘auuuuuwww! That’s hurt!’ I shriek.

‘Serve you right, donkey! I’m gonna make you pay for your lie!’

I burst into laughing again when I hear him reminding me about the revenge. Jiyong and his revenge! Sticking out my tongue, I’m making my step away from him in order to secure my position of not being abused again by this gold-haired guy.

‘HAHAHA! I don’t afraid of your revenge Ji! Nothing beats your expression just now. It’s epic, I tell you. Gotta tell Dongwook!’ I shout out my last point of making fun of Jiyong before jogging carefully, escaping myself to my office back.

‘Yaaaaahhhh! If you dare to tell your oppa about this, I will kill you and throw your body into the sea!’ That high-pitched scream and ‘very scary’ threaten injects more laughter from me.

I feel so happy now. I feel so happy today. I feel so happy nowadays. I don’t know what trick heaven tries to play with, but I’m grateful enough for these.

*********************************************************

 

Because of my successful lie this morning, I have to face my damn consequence from Jiyong when I have to stay my at a bar where he has reserved it to celebrate about the project with our company staffs. Jiyong knows the damn well that I don’t drink and I hate the sour smell of liquors, yet he still drags me here. ‘As a punishment’ he says. Punishment my ! This is a mere torture and I’m very pissed at him right now. I give a deathly stare at him who is now singing ‘Oppa Gangnam Style’ by PSY in front and there are bunch of giiiiiiiiiirrrrlllllls grinding their at him. Jiyong and his so-called companions. He looks more like a snake there, rather than a boss.

 Puuhhh! Puuuhhhh! I blow off the annoying strands of loose hair from my face and take a sip of my orange juice. I throw my sight at my left and I see Daesung and his guy friends. I throw my sight on my right and bunch of girls are playing to catch attention of guy’s worker. One of them tries to act cute by blinking her eyes fakely when there’s one guy from the karaoke seat looks at her. Geezz! These drunken people really get on my nerve with their not normal acts. Annoyed enough, I take my bag and escape myself outside to take a fresh air. All I need is a huffed and puffed alcohol-free air. Arggh! I still can believe Jiyong dare to drag me here and all thank to my ‘wonderful’ boss, my head now keeps spinning and aching like there’re tons of rock being thrown at my head.

Can you blow my whistle baby, whistle baby let me know…

As I heading to the upper part of the bar, the phone in my bag rings my favourite song from Florida, notifying that there’s a message received. Sitting myself on the nearest wood bench, I fish my Samsung S4 from my big Hermes bag. Sliding the screen, I open up the message that is sent by my housemate. I give out a small smile when his name appears on my screen.

 

FROM: Renter CSH :)

MESSAGE: Beauty queen, where are you?

 

Eirk, is he inadvertently sending it to the wrong person? If he did, I’m gonna kill him this time. Giving no hope, I reply him lazily.

 

TO: Renter CSH :)

MESSAGE: Wrong number?

 

Sent! But not long after that, my phone rings again.

 

FROM: Renter CSH :)

MESSAGE: Of course not, my lovely houselord. I’m asking you for real. Where are you? At home? Have you eaten? What do you eat?

 

Smiling, I reply him with a light heart.

 

TO: Renter CSH :)

MESSAGE: Woo. Too many questions. I’m at bar. Not eaten yet.

 

FROM: Renter CSH :)

MESSAGE: Bar? R U drinking? Don’t drive, okay? Take taxi.

 

TO: Renter CSH :)

MESSAGE: Teeett! I’m having celebration with the people at my company. I dislike alcohol. At rooftop now. Dizzy.

 

FROM: Renter CSH :)

MESSAGE: Haha ^^. Good girl. Drink lots of water, arrasso?

 

TO: Renter CSH :)

MESSAGE: Ok, daddy. Busy today?

 

FROM: Renter CSH :)

MESSAGE: Yup. Just get off from studio and have a rest. Crazy day.

 

I smile again this time. It’s not usual for him to complain things. To think about it, it is the first complain from him.

 

TO: Renter CSH :)

MESSAGE: I understand. Rest well.

I put on the emoticon smiley with the ‘zz’ at the end of the message.

 

As expected, I receive another message from him but this time, he sends me a picture of him sleeping on a bed. I giggle when I see his picture and now I realize I miss him. I miss him a lot. And I would miss him at the home later. Then, an idea strikes me on the spot. I want to a little so I send him a picture of me doing a flying kiss with a caption, ‘sweet dream honey.’

After that, I’m waiting for his reply but I am left with disappointment. He doesn’t reply it. Maybe he has slept already. Disappointed, I go back to the compartment where I belong before and I spot Jiyong has taken his seat at my original place. Still pissed at Jiyong, I bring myself to the opposite seat, rolling my eyes darkly on him when he’s looking at me. Instead of feel guilty, he laughs happily at me, exposing his white-pearl teeth. Annoying Kwon Jiyong! I curse him silently.

‘Where are you going?’ he says, reaching for me.

‘Take some fresh air.’ I reply him coldly, move away from his side.

‘Are you mad at me?’ He smiles sweetly at me. Now, that kind of smile makes me hate him more. How could he do this for me? He knows me better than anyone here and it makes me furious.

‘Seriously, I don’t know what’s your problem, Ji. There’re lots of other punishment you can do but dragging me here to this bloody bar won’t do my any good. You know I hate alcohol, I can’t even smell them and now thanks to you, I have this ing headache.’ I explode all those words in one breathe and now, tears start to drain on my eyes. Stupid eyes. Stupid Jiyong.

‘I hate you.’ I mumble but he still can catch up those words.

‘I’m sorry, okay? Let’s get out from here.’ He consoles me with his super sweet nectar voice which has successfully ditched away my depression at once.

He offers me to take me home, but I decline it on the spot. I won’t take the trouble taking taxi again, thanks to my last experience. He brings me to eat hot soup before sending me back to the company, where I left my car. Then, I drive back home, knowing that I would be alone again since my handsome housemate has been gone to French and I am hoping he will be back soon. Please...

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There! A late update again... haha~ sorry,,, lack of inspiration. 

But then, again, it's now my study week, and I'm forcing myself to compose this and ignore my studies, so, i might not update it again till next week. (as much as i want to, but my study comes first, right?) I will have two major paper next week, and i really need to put up all-nighter. i hope you guys, my lovely reader, would understand this. and wish me luck!  ^^

lastly, I really hope you could do me a favour, please support TEAM A of YG WIN, okay? i'm not being biased as I like TEAM B too, but ... i thought... if team b wins that, one of team A member might be sacked from being YG trainee anymore. it's sad. plus, Team A is older than Team B. I know Team B is great, but ... hurmm... anyway, i really root for Team A! 

Enjoy reading this and keep commenting as well as subscribing and upvoting okay?

I'll promise, the next update will be fun as our LOVELY SEUNGHYUN is tutututututtttt with you (me)!! hahahaha~