the guilt

My Handsome Housemate

The soft sunlight drifts through the blinds and irritates my eyelids. By the time my eyes are fully opened, a broad chest, covered by a white t-shirt with a simple writings on it, is the first thing I see. I raise my head, follow the jawline and jet black hair that I spot. Aside from the new hair I am not used to see, Seunghyun’s sleep eyes, nose, and full lips haven’t changed a bit.

 

At the recognition of Seunghyun’s presence, I bury my head in the crook of his neck. I close my eyes, feeling the same warmth I have been missing for years. I feel my sleepiness are gently lifted when I feel like his strong arms wrapped around my waist. I unconsciously breathe in the familiar scent I deeply craved to smell. A warmth embraced me like a thick fur coat. God, how I miss this man so bad. How I wish I could wake up every morning…just like this. In his arm. Breathing in his smell. Feeling his warmth. Growing our love. Making lov---

 

Reality hit me like a brick, the fact that I’m a married woman whips me hard on my brain. I let out a small sigh, wriggling my way out from Seunghyun’s embrace. He is not moving a bit when I pull off his arms from my body. I guess he must be tired after all the love quarrel we had last night.

 

Wait? Can I call it love quarrel? It’s not much of love for me. We quarreled about serious problem, so?? No love, just quarrel.

Shut up, voice of brain.

You shut up. You can’t even remember you have married to Kwon Jiyong and you cheated on him and you didn’t even call him to tell him where did you go, with who and you even slept with Seunghyun on the same b—

SHUT UP!

 

 

DUMMM!!

The sound echoes around the kitchen when I close the refrigerator so hard after taking a canton of white grape juice from its content to get rid the stupid two-side conversation back in my brain. Oh god, I need to see doctor to have my brain checked or removed if needed too. I gulp down the juice irately as the gush of guilty grips my heartstring. Yeah, I admit in the worst person in this entire earth, or planet, or galaxy, or whatever.

 

“Did I ever tell you how y you look drinking like that?”

 

The sudden low, deep voice knocks my eardrum, earning my sight on the owner who is smiling sheepishly on the other side of the kitchen counter. His bed hair looks so cute on him, making his handsome and mature face turns to be a bit younger than he is supposed to be.

 

“Someone looks too old for someone y like me.” I shoot him the jerk words just to piss him while internally laughing at his frown expression.

 

“Did you just call me old?” He utters, crossing both of his arms around his body.

 

“Well, I didn’t mean you.” I states.

 

“Hey, I am just 29!”

 

“Almost 30. So, it’s old!”

 

“Huh! You DEFINITELY say I’m old! Well, this old man still got girl’s swoon over him.” Seunghyun wears his proud face, making me wanna punch his nose hard so that his broken nose will shoo the girls away from his life.

 

“Yeah,, you’re way too handsome and hot until you have your photoshoot with half- WOMAN!!” I make sure to stress the WOMAN to make him realize how ‘happy’ I am when he does the job to earn. Pffttt! He’s so cheap!

 

“Are we still talking about that?”

 

“YES! And not forget your photoshoot of being secret lover to OLD WOMAN where you HUG HER AND KISS--”

 

Seunghyun presses his lips on mine, not caring if I am still stating about his stupid photoshoot. He pulls me closer to his body and wraps his arms around me tightly. I am not sure either I should kiss him back or just lean in so that he could stop. I do the latter, which makes him stop after a while but his arms still holds me tight in his embrace. For second time, I breathe in his scent and feel his body that I ache for all this while. I wish I could be happy being with him but deep down, I know this won’t let us anywhere. I can’t marry him, all I could do is cheating on Jiyong which is so wrong for me. I do love Jiyong, I don’t wanna hurt him still, I love Seunghyun more than anything. I need him. I crave him. I don’t know why I told him not to leave me again. Because after all, it is I who need to leave him and go back to Jiyong’s side.

“What are you thinking?” Seunghyun questions, slowly brushing my back gently as if he knows the dilemma I am into right now.

 

“I’m thinking about Jiyong…” I answer, which make me realize Seunghyun’s body become stiff at the mention of Jiyong. I push him gently to make a small distance between us.

 

“Seunghyun, I feel guilty…towards both of you. Being with you means I have to cheat on Jiyong. It is not fair for Jiyong…and for you as well.” I look into his eyes, searching for the answer of my own twisted fate.

 

After taking my right hand into his, Seunghyun asks me, “Do you love him?”

 

“He is my husband.”

 

He shakes his head, not breaking the eye contact we make. “Do you LOVE him?”

 

“I love you…”

 

Seunghyun smiles upon my answer. “What does your heart tell you?”

 

I move my right hand from his hand to his chest where his heart is. I listen to mine while feeling his. After a few moments, our heartbeat are pulsing at the same tempo.

 

“I couldn’t leave you again,” he breathes, “not again.”

 

“I thought it was just an empty promise you made last night.” I feel the corner of my lips curl up in amusement.

 

“Just shut up. Can you come closer?”

 

I feel tears starting to form in my eyes, but I am determined not to let them spill. I wonder why I let him make the first move, but all the resistance I put up have crumbled away when I lean closer to him and slide my arms around him.

 

“What if we are separate again?” I whisper, “I always lose the one I love. My sister…you… What if you are taken back again?” Seunghyun doesn’t answer but he lets me continue, “I am afraid to love anyone again. If I love someone too dearly, I will just end up losing them unwantedly. If I lose you again, then just what can I do?” As I admit the thoughts that linger in my head, my voice croaks with the tears I started to shed. Seunghyun holds my shoulder and pulls back to gaze into my red eyes.

 

“I left you all alone to think like that. I’m sorry.” He says and wipes a tear, “But listen to whatever I’m going to say now. You’re special person and you have special heart. You are strong woman, Hyeri. I promise you with my life, I wont repeat that stupid mistake I made two years ago. Even if I have to die just to be with you, I will be a ghost and stay will you all the time until you freak out—oowwww!”

 

Seunghyun shrieks almost animatedly at the end of his rubbish talking as I hit him on his firm chest. “Idiot. How can you joke at time like this?”

 

My question is only answered by his soft chuckles. Surprisingly, his addicted yet non-attractive chuckles makes me smile myself.

 

“I love you.” Seunghyun confesses before planting his kiss on my lips, which I kiss him back without a second doubt. I feel his hands sneak in my shirt and make circle on my back as the kiss slowly intensifies in passion. As soon as we pull off the kiss to gasp the air, he picks me up and wraps my legs around his waist. His lips moved up to my jaw and down my neck as he leads me upstairs to his room and lays me down on my back. I swallow my sighs as he leaves a mark on my neck when I gently comb his scalp, earning a groan against my skin from his lips.

 

Our flames of desire never weakens as our overdue longing for each other still lingers our heart even though time flies, separating us into two different ways of life. 



Alright, this is little boring than you guys expected right? hahaha. Me too. I am supposed to make them in bed, hot and boom boom, but... I seriously run of ideas. Jiyong's scene should be here too, but i cut it off because i am a peasant. :(

PLEASE FORGIVE ME, DEAR READERS.

I feel bad making Hyeri cheating on Jiyong, but I want her end up with Seunghyun. What can i do?

What will you do if you are Hyeri? Who you will choose?

ME??? maybe i will choose YANG HYUNSUK! pffttt