baro

Is this how love feels like?

Baro P.O.V

Ding dong~

No answer.

I rang the bell again.

Still, there’s no one who came to the door.

That’s weird. It’s late so she should be home by now.

I took out my phone from my pocket and search through my contacts. I click dial when I found hers.

I got that supa lu-u-u-u-uv, that supa lu-u-u-u-uv, she want my supa lu-u-u-u-uv~

ahh..teen top again.

 

As I was listening to her phone ringing, the song echoed behind me, and it’s getting louder and louder.

I turn to look behind me and saw her.

“Nice pants.” I said, laughing.
 

Mi Sun P.O.V

My phone rang as I was getting out the elevator.

Hambaro =)

When I was about to accept the call, he hung up.

“Nice pants.” I heard someone laughing.

“Har? Oh, hambaro!”

“Yah.” He frowns. “Stop calling me that.”

“But it suits you!”

“Yeah, your pants suit you too.”

I look down at my track bottom. The left side was still folded above my knees but my right side has fall back down till my ankle.

“I look like a farmer, don’t i?”

“Forgot to bring your shorts?”

“Yeah.”

“How was practice?”

“As usual, same old stuffs.” I said as I enter the code on my door.

“Just a moment, it’s in my bag.”

“No worries, take your time.”

“Okay.”

I kick off my shoes and dump all my bags on the floor.

“Hungry?”

“I’m good. I just ate.”

I nodded and grab my bag from the floor and took out my books. He sat on my dining table and took out his books too.

“So, how are you?” I asked him.

He laughed. “You know, you always ask me this question every month on this day.”

“Well, just checking.”

He smiles at me. “I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.”

“That’s good. Now all you have to worry about is all the notes we copied today.”

 

I gave him all my notebooks, which was 4books in total.

 

“Wow! So many pages!” he said, flipping through my note books.

“Yup. Oh, why not you copy the notes while I go take a quick shower. I smell really good now.”

He laughed at me and nodded. “Take you time.”

“Okay. I’ll explain to you later.”

“I’ll be here.”

 

I went into my room and grab some cloths from my closet and headed to the bathroom.

While I was showering, I can’t help it but to think of the conversation we had few months ago about his family.

 

~Flashback~ (few months ago)

I was walking home from school without baro because he told me he has something to do today.

As I enter the lobby I saw the elevator door closing.

“Oh wait!” I ran after it.

“Thank you s- baro?” I recognized him from his cap. He’s always wearing the same one.

“Mi sun?”

Baro was wearing a full black suit with black tie.

“You know her?” a middle age man standing next to him asked him. He was also wearing the same attire as baro.

“Yeah. We’re classmates.”

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo. I’m baro’s uncle.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m mi sun. Nice to meet you.”

Why are they dressed like this? You only dress like this if-

DING~

I look up. 9th floor?

I must have forgotten to press my floor number and ended up at baro’s floor.

“You live on the 9th floor too?” his uncle asked me.

“Erm, 6th actually.”

He laughed. “Do you want to come to our house? Baro could use some company.”

Before I knew, I started following them out the elevator.

Baro didn’t say anything to me. He was walking with his head down.

I took off my shoes and walk into his house.

It looks like a typical male’s home. Magazine scattered everywhere, there were left over can drinks on the table.

His uncle went into his room while baro took off his coat and threw it on the coach.

“Erm, do you want anything?”

“No I’m good.”

“Okay.” He sounded tired and sad. He sat on the coach and he still had his cap on.

His uncle came out; he wasn’t wearing his tie or coat anymore. He was holding a bag.

He patted baro’s back and said something to him that I can’t listen.

He then walked to me and smiled at me. “I hope I’m not asking too much, but please just stay here with him for a while. Thank you.”

I didn’t even know why I nodded.

“Baro.” I said, after his uncle left.

“Yeah?” He replied, still not looking at me.

“D-do you want to tell me what’s going on?”

“Tell you..what?” He sounded confused.

I walked up to him but stop when I heard him sobbing.

“omgosh baro, are you crying?” I pull his cap off.

He was crying. He’s eyes were swollen, this means that he had been crying before I met him.

“B-baro. Erm did I say something wrong, I’m sorry.”

“N-no you d-didn’t I j-just…” he didn’t finish his sentence, he continued crying.

I didn’t know what to do. I just patted his back and told him everything will be alright.

---

After calming down, baro told me everything.

He just attended a funeral.

Not just any funeral, it’s his parents and sister’s funeral.

It had been a month since they got killed in a car crash. It was a hit and run accident, the person has yet to be found.

Now everything started making sense. He shifted to Seoul to stay with his uncle because his family is no longer with him. He avoided questions about his family all the time. He doesn’t mind staying late in school or hanging out somewhere.

He could have stayed in Busan with some other relatives. But his parents and sister were buried here, so he decided to come up to Seoul.

From that day onwards, baro would miss school on the same day for every month to visit their grave. He’ll drop by my house around the evening to check on homework.

I didn’t mind at all. This had been going on for a few months. Sometimes I would ask him to meet me at a café near the lobby to study so that he would be distracted.

---

 

I went out to the living room after drying my hair.

“Sorry I took so long, can’t resists a hot shower.”

There was no reply.

“Baro?”

As I reached the table, I saw him lying his head down on his left arm.

I took the pencil from his hand and place it on the table. I look at his face, he looks tired, and he had been crying because his eyes were a little swollen.

Poor baro, he must have missed them so much.

Without thinking twice, I his bangs gently. He opens his eyes slowly after a few seconds. I quickly pull my hands away.

“Oh wow, did I feel asleep? Sorry.”

“It’s okay. Do you want to go home and sleep? You can take my notes home.”

“It’s alright, I don’t feel like going home now.” He said, rubbing his eyes.

“Hmm..shall I fixed some snacks? Or we can go to the café downstairs?”

“Café sounds good.”

“Okay.” I said and started packing my books into my bag. He did the same too.

“Alright, let’s go!” I grab my keys and head towards the door.

“Erm, mi sun?”

“Ne?”

“Don’t you want to change?”

“Nah. Besides, it’s only downstairs. I’m sure the people in the café recognize us by now.”

He laughed. “You know, I really like how you don’t give a damn about what people think how you dress.”

“Well, as long as I’m not .” I said, closing the door behind me.

He laughed louder this time, which is a good sign.

 


Thank you for subscribing and commenting! <3 <3 <3

Tell me if it gets boring  =)