100m sprint (part 2)

Is this how love feels like?

Baro P.O.V

 

“10.35seconds!” the boy in front of me raised his hands and told our P.E teacher.

“10.36seconds!” the boy next to him raised his hand too.

I had just finished running 100meter. I haven’t run this much for a while, and it was tiring.

“Name?” the teacher asked. “Ba-- cha sun woo” he nodded. “very good, you are currently rank number 1. And you?” he asked the boy who reached after me. “gong chan shik” he nodded. “You are number 2.”

“Hey, good job” I said to the boy with black hair. *wow he’s tall* “thank you” he bowed. “oh im cha sun woo, you can call me baro” he shook my hand “ im gong chan shik, you can call me gong chan” I nodded and walk out of the track with him.

Suddenly a few girls came up and gave us water bottle. “oppa! Here!” “oh thank you” we took it. *where did they get these bottles from?* “oppa, you are first! You are so cool!” one of the girls said. “komapsumnida” I bowed. “here you are sweating a lot” another girl handed me a towel but take it back “ or shall I help oppa to wipe?” I laughed. Girls are always acting like this around me. “it’s okay, I can do it myself” I took the towel and wipe my sweat. “oh gong ch-“ I said. But I realised he wasn’t standing next to me; he had walked up to the bench, and sat down next to two girls.

“mi sun?” I said without thinking after recognising one of the girls. “aniyo, my name is min ji” a girl giggled. *ah I wasn’t talking to you* “erm excuse me girls. And thank you for these” I hold up my bottle and towel. I quickly walk away without waiting for their reply.

While walking, I saw gong chan patting mi sun’s head. *are they close?* I thought. Then I saw the other girl with short curly hair patting his head too. *hmm they must be very close. Okay baro, just calm down and start a conversation. You can do it!*

I breathed in. “hey guys, is this seat taken?” I asked. “oh no its—oh” mi sun turned her head and face me. ‘I mean, it’s not taken, you can sit here.” She smile. “thank you” I said.

“oh guys this is baro.” Gong chan stood up. “baro this is juri and mi sun.” “nice to meet you” I bowed. “nice to meet you too” the girls bowed. And the four of us sat down.

“oh congratulation on beating gong chan!” the girl name juri said to me.

“wait what?” gong chan said, wiping his mouth after drinking water. I laughed. “ah, thank you” I said.

“im sure that boy over there press the timer one second slow.” Mi sun said. “mi sun ah, leave it. This is not a competition” gong chan laughed and ruffle her hair. I don’t know why but I find myself frowning.

“yah channie, we have to celebrate you breaking your own record today.” Juri said.

“oh! Ice cream!” mi sun clap her hand and start smiling. I looked at her. Her hair is tied back into a ponytail. She has fair skin and rosy cheeks, and a dimple on her left cheek when she smile. She’s so.….cute.

Suddenly we heard a whistle sound. “Girls! Get ready. you are running next!” the teacher called.

“yes! Time to fly!” juri said. Mi sun laughed. “I will beat your record!” “really? We’ll see! Cheer on us okay?” juri said to gong chan. He nodded. The girls bowed and walk towards the track.

“so..” I said, trying to break the silence. “You three are good friends?’ I asked.

“Ne, we’re friends since elementary school.” “ah I see.” “do you have friends who are from your junior high?” “no, I shifted house, so i had to change my choice of school.” He nodded. “don’t worry, we are your friends now” he smile. I smile back. *what a nice guy*