morning before class

Is this how love feels like?

Mi Sun P.O.V

 

I check my watch; the time is now 7.48am. I was looking for class 2-A, hoping to return jin young sunbae-nim his blazer.

The walk to school with baro this morning was quite interesting. He was waiting for me at the lobby before 7am. We talked about our hobbies and how do we spend our spare time on our way to school. Baro is into rap making, he even rap a few verse for me, which is pretty good.

1st year classrooms are on the 3rd floor, 2nd year are on the 2nd floor while 3rd year are on the 1st floor. Isn’t our school a bit bias? Putting freshmen on the highest floor.

I was looking into room 2-A through the side windows by the corridor. It wasn’t hard to find jin young, many girls are surrounding his table. I didn’t know he was so popular. He is quite good looking though.

Should I just walk in or should I knock? Or maybe I can ask one of those students sitting by the window to pass it to him, since he looked kinda busy.

While contemplating, I saw a tall girl with long wavy hair walk into the classroom followed by a few girls. She walked up to jin young’s place and the other girls who were previously there automatically went back to their seats. She then sits on jin young’s table and start talking to him, okay, more like flirting.

Alright, that answered my questions.

“erm excuse me…” I said to a boy that is sitting next to the window.

“Yes?”

“Can you help me pass this to jin young sunbae-nim?” I said and passed him a bag with his blazer in it.

“ahh another admirer…what’s your name?”

“No I’m not.. nevermind. He’ll know what it is.”

“You sure you don’t want to tell him your name?” he asked again.

“I’m sure there’s love letter inside the bag.” The other boy said and laugh.

 “Just pass him the bag please. Thank you very much.” I bow at them.

He shrugs his shoulders. “Okay. Yah jin young! You’ve got yourself another admirer!”

Damn him!

I quickly walk, more like run to the staircase.

Why am I so fired up about it? I’m only returning his things right?

Then I realize I was going down the stairs when I’m supposed to go up.

What a great morning.

I drag myself back to where I came from, to found someone standing in front of me.

“oh…”

“annyeonghaseyo, mi sun- shii” he bowed.

“annyeonghaseyo, jin young sunbae-nim.” I bowed too.

“Did you forget something?” he asked me.

“Oh right. Thank you for your bl-“

“That’s not what I mean. Did you come up to get something?”

Oh yeah. I was trying to run away but i went down when my classroom is on the top floor.

“No.”

“Alright. Good thing I caught you here.”

“Why?”

“I wanted to say thank you.”

“That’s supposed to be my line.”

He laughed. We stood there for a moment without talking.

“Isn’t your classroom upstairs?”

Oh crap.

“I was going to my locker.” I lied.

“Oh okay, let me walk you there.”

Noooo…..Don’t.

The next thing I knew we were both walking to my locker. I was trying to think did I leave any books in my locker so I can take it and leave. What if it’s empty? That will be quite funny though. And why is everyone looking at me and whispering to themselves?

“How is school so far?” he suddenly asked.

“Eh? Oh..it’s erm okay.”

I saw my locker and quickly went to it.

“Thank you for walking me here.”

“You’re welcome.” He said, leaning against the locker next to mine.

“Erm, aren’t you going back to class?” I asked.

“We can walk back together.”

Why jin young, why?

I unlock my locker and found a few note books and my geography textbook inside. I don’t have geography today; I guess I’ll just put it back after school.

“Let’s go.” I said, closing my locker.

“Only one book?”

“Erm yeah.”

We walked back without speaking to each other again.

Didn’t I go through this yesterday?

Then I remembered something.

“oh sunbae-nim.”

“yeah?” he said without looking at me.

“Are you erm…last summer, I mean, few months ago? Okay not few months, two months? Nono one month? nevermind okay during summer, yeah summer…”

He laughed. “mi sun-shii, I don’t really get what you’re trying to say.”

Right. Just ask him mi sun, just ask, are you the guy that saved me that night? It’s very simple.

“erm..about your scar..” wrong….

“Why are you so fascinated with my scar?”

“It’s me, right? You got the scar because of me, right?”

He stops walking and turn to me.

“What are you talking about?

“Your scar…. You know, that night? You were trying to save me but you got hurt…..”

“What night?” he said, looking confuse.

Oh, maybe I got the wrong jin young. The truth is, I don’t even remember how he looks like.

 

Jin Young P.O.V

“Yah jin young! You’ve got yourself another admirer!” I heard someone shouted from the other side of the classroom.

He tossed a bag to me and I manage to catch it. I looked inside and saw my blazer. There is a note inside.

 

Jin Young Sunbae-nim,

I return your blazer as promise. Thank you, again. :)

Lee Mi Sun

Mi sun. I smiled.

“Oppa, what is in the bag?”

“It’s nothing, yoo jin.” I hang the bag beside my table.

“I’ll be back in a while.” I said to shin woo. He nodded at me, eyes still glued to his book.

“oppa, where are you going?” yoo jin asked, I ignore her. Why is she always sticking to me?

If I run I might catch up with her before she enters her class. When I reach the corner of the stairs I saw someone walking up.

It was mi sun.

After thanking her, I volunteered to walk her to her locker. I didn’t have to do it. I mean, why do I want to walk the person who doesn’t even know me to her locker? But I just wanted to be with her, I just want to talk to her.

“oh sunbae-nim.” She said.

“yeah?”

“Are you erm…last summer, I mean, few months ago? Okay not few months, two months? Nono one month? nevermind okay during summer, yeah summer…”

What is she mumbling about.

 “mi sun-shii, I don’t really get what you’re trying to say.”

 “erm..about your scar..”

“Why are you so fascinated with my scar?”

Hold on. Summer. Night. Scar.

“It’s me, right? You got the scar because of me, right?”

She remembered?

 “What are you talking about?” I asked.

“Your scar…. You know, that night? You were trying to save me but you got hurt…..”

So she does remember me. And she looks so cute trying to get her words right.

Instead of saying yes, I decided to play with her.

“What night?” I said with a confuse expression.

She looks at me then back to the floor.

“Never mind. Wrong person, sorry.”

Ahh….attempt fail.

“So… what happen that night?”

“Erm..not-nothing happen.”

“Do I look familiar to you?”

“No I just, well, I thought you know, maybe, I dunno..i mean…”

There she goes again.

I can’t help it but to smile.

“You thought I was that person who saved you from that drunken man.” I blurt out.

“Yeah, funny isn’t it? Because you know, your n—what??”

She was staring at me with her hands pointing at me.

“Eh?”

I laughed. “Yes mi sun-shii, it’s me. You didn’t get the wrong person.”

“Eh?”

“I said it’s-“

“I know I know. I mean, were you fooling around with me?”

“Maybe..?”

“sunbae-nim!”

Gosh, she even looks so cute when she’s angry.

She didn’t spoke for a while.

“Sorry.”

“nono it’s okay. I mean, I really thought I got the wrong person. It was you know, embarrassing.”

“Sorry.”

She suddenly stops in front of me, and bow.

“I know I’ve said this word too many times, but, thank you. Especially for that night, you know if you’re not there I’ll probably be..erm..you know..yeah, you know what I mean…er I mean…”

“Do you always speak like this?” I laughed.

“er..When I’m nervous I guess?”

“You mean you’re nervous now?”

She didn’t answer me. She was just looking at the floor.

Oh, opps.

“Let me make it up to you.” She said.

“It’s alri-“

“No, no it’s not. I haven’t pay back-“

“Who said anything about paying back?”

“Me. I want to. Let me treat you lunch. Okay that’s cheap. How about..erm..what should I do?”

“You’re asking me?”

“Yeah, yeah that’s right! What do you want me to do?”

“Mi sun-shii, do you know that’s quite a dangerous question for a girl to ask a guy.”

“What? Why is it dangerous?”

Asking a guy what he wants means he can get anything he wants. Gosh mi sun, are you really that naive?

“It’s okay.”

“Please, there must be something, anything.”

“Anything?”

“erm..Okay not anything. Reasonable ones.”

“Okay, I’ll think about it.”

She smiles. Mi sun is smiling.

“Okay! Oh, 3minutes left! I’ll see you around okay? Thank you for today, sunbae-nim.”

“You’re welcome, mi sun-shii.”

“Oh, you can call me mi sun.”

“araso, mi sun.”

She smiles. “annyeong!” she wave at me and ran up the stairs.

I waved back.

Annyeong, mi sun.